• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Broadville High School

" But first, what are you afraid of? "

Enya quirked up her eyebrow with a dubious expression on her face. What was she afraid of? She tried to think for a moment, fear. Fear? Fear. Scorpions are a common fear right? Or insects, or falling off a cliff? Enya really couldn't be sure. She brought her hand up and placed her chin in between her index and thumb. After a moment of thinking she just furrowed her eyebrows not knowing exactly what to say. What was fear?

" I dunno, hmm. Wait " She had come to a realization of sort. " Is your power correlated to what you know about a person? " Enya was now only at this point making her head hurt with thinking about this.

She sighed and rain her fingers through her thick brown hair and waited for Piper to respond, before continuing with this inner conflict her brain had decided to conjure up.

Piper sat there for a moment, confused at Enya's question. After a few seconds, she came up with an answer.

"No, or at least I don't think so," she replied. "All I can do is manipulate a person's emotions and feelings towards other's, and that's it." At this point, Piper was very puzzled at the fact Enya wasn't revealing much about herself. She thought that it could be in her nature, or that there could be some unknown reason for her secretiveness. Piper decided to ask again.

"I'm just wondering, though," she said softly, in a voice that was hopefully welcoming. "What is your worst fear?

Enya studied Piper's face for a moment before deciding that to actually make things move forward she would have to say something. She didn't like to stay stationary for long, even in conversations. She brought her eyes up to meet Piper's before adding in her usual confident and quirky tone, " Well, I guess you could say that I never have really been afraid. " She shrugged and smiled brightly. I've never been afraid. That in itself was enough to bring her back up to her typical self. She'd never really thought about it in a good way before. " I mean, that MIGHT sound a little odd, because everyone always talks about fear like its such a mutual thing. I dunno, never occurred to me that I didn't feel it until just now though. I guess you learn something new, even if it is about yourself, everyday. " She grinned again like she'd heard the best thing in the world.

Ava-Joy looked around and sighed disappointedly. Seems everyone already has a partner... Maybe I can join a group of two? Enya and Piper were both paired up so she made her way over to them. "Hey guys, everyone else is paired up already so do you mind if I join in?"

Mizu was bored out of his mind. At this point he had decided not to participate in the group activities. Instead Mizu plunged himself deeply into his book and study, so much so he he dozed off. Mizu was asleep dreaming of bubblegum and unicorns. He was even snoring and mumbling something about candy canes.

Ava-Joy turned around in response to some mumbling. A guy whom she didn't know of was dozing off, obviously dreaming. "Actually, he doesnt look like he has a partner. I'll ask him," She walked off to the student asleep at his desk and shook him gently. "Excuse me? Hey, um, I don't have a partner and it doesn't look like you do either so I was wondering if you wanted to pair up?"

Mizu was startled and jumped from his seat yelling " unicorn academy awaits." When he noticed the girl, whom he thought was very pritty, Mizu introduced himself. " um… hey, I'm Mizu." He said with a yawn hoping he hadn't freaked anybody out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Castalia shifted uncomfortably in her seat, unsure who to pair with. She was afraid to scare people because of her gift and didn't like to share it. Placing her pencil down on her notebook, she straightened her posture and tucked a strand of wavy hair behind her ear.

"I never have really been afraid."

Enya's words stuck in Piper's head for a minute, before she could even formulate an answer. It was an answer she wasn't expecting. "How can you never have felt fear?" She asked herself. However, Piper could not think of an answer. There were so many things to be afraid of in the world, and the girl sitting in front of her hasn't been afraid of anything. It really, honestly shocked her.

Piper furrowed her brow in utter confusion as she looked back at Enya. "Not of... anything?" She though aloud.

Enya went back into her contemplative position and looked up at the ceiling. Furrowing her brows before she came to the same conclusion as she did before.

" Nope. " she beamed. Not coming across one thing in her mind that she would've been afraid of. Gross, yea. Ominous, sure. Scary? Not really.

Castalia, resigning from her position gave a small sigh. Since it appeared that everyone else had a partner. She took a deep breath, steadying herself as she stood. Silently she squeezed past the partners and came to look at the blackboard. The sunlight streaming through the window flashed in her eyes as reality washed away...

She made out a picture, a thread. Castalia looked into the blackboard furrowing her brow, as if trying to understand what it was like. As the images clarified in her mind, she saw the threads lead to the whole ball of yarn. These were the futures just a board could face.

Piper rested her back against the chair. "Wow," she said. "Well then, I guess this will be a first for you."

Piper contemplated this for a moment, trying to remember the first time she had every felt fear. She honestly couldn't remember; there were too many times for her to remember the first.

"Are you ready?" She asked Enya.

" Are you ready? "

Enya's eyes lit up and she bounced her legs on the balls of her feet. She nodded with all too much enthusiasm, whipping some of her hair to sit in front her her eyes. She brushed it back with one hand, letting it fall into its natural place, before nodding a second time, less enthusiastic, but still with the same intent.

" I am. "

Last edited by a moderator:
"I'm Ava-Joy," She introduced herself. "Mizu... Cool name. Anyway, where do you want to practice? I'm pretty sure we can go outside if needed. It's a bit crowded in here," She suggested. She looked around with a playfully uneasy look.

Josh felt a surge of energy flow through his body and he twitched a bit. Claude's power seemed cool so far, even though he didn't know exactly what it was. "Yeah, I guess. Not really 'the heart' but more like intentions and stuff like that." He replied, scratching the nape of his neck. "But yeah, I'd like to know what your power is." Josh felt kind of out of place during this conversation, this male talked very properly, yet Josh just talked like a normal teenager. He awaited this man's response, as he was terribly interested in his power.

He rested his arms behind him on his desk, holding his back up. Josh was sitting on the edge of the desk, his feet almost touching the ground anyways. Sighing as he did this, he felt as if he should be more proper around Claude, seeing as he's quite the gentleman. Wasn't he in one of Josh's classes before? He vaguely remembered this male, only his arm. He couldn't blame Claude if he didn't recognize Josh, he was one to be forgotten.

(Sorry for the late answer, didn't get notifications.)

Castalia watched, staring placidly at the blackboard for quite some time before retreating to her desk. Gently grasping her pencil she pursed her lips and noted observations. After she was finished, she began to think.

I wish I was even the slightest but affable. Alacrity towards the situation has no existence. I wish I could ameliorate myself, my gift. This school should give me a chance to become more approachable, but until then I'm doing the world a favour by keeping them away from me. Sometimes I wonder though... Can anyone ever be unbothered by my gift?

" Ava-Joy, a wonderful name." Mizu said, trying to be as polite as possible. " if you want to go outside we can, the more space the better." He said with a smile. ' don't screw this up…' Mizu thought.

"Pleased to be your acquaintance, Josh." He said, bowing a little. "My power is the manipulation of electricity and storm." He said, lifting his hand to show the electrical currents running through his hand. "Using my powers, I can zap people, create storms, fry electrical devices, hack into machines, read peoples mind and control their emotions, and as an electromagnet." Claude said, trying hard not to sound arrogant.

Josh processed all of these things in his mind. That's an interesting power, as his own is very boring. "That's great, you're lucky that you were blessed with a fun power." He said, giving Claude a weak smile. Josh knew he was trying to just explain his power, not trying to brag. He rolled his eyes a bit at himself, like he needed to know that. Knowing intentions was dull, it didn't help much in a crisis. There's another power connected to Josh's, actually. It was a heightened intuition, he knew things. It was like looking into the future, but not looking into the future. He knew if things were coming up from behind. It ties into his power to 'read hearts' as people call it, as every time he had a nasty vibe about his mom's new boyfriend, the boyfriend was actually a bad person. Josh thought it was cool at first, but he was sure there were people with powers way cooler than his, and that was true as he learned today.

Sensing that he felt a little insecure, he tried to comfort Josh. "Hey, your power is not useless, it's actually pretty useful." Claude said. Seeing Josh looking confused, he proceeded to explain. "Okay, so your abilities may not be really , well, useful in a fight." He tried to make it sound as unoffensive as possible. "But your with your powers, you will be able to identify whose intentions are nobles and whose is corrupted. Think of the uses it could have in other fields of occupation." He said. "And who knows, your powers still have a possibility of evolving. You might be able to influence a person's intentions." He said, trying to cheer him up.

Josh smiled at his attempt of making him feel better. He was being very polite to him, he shouldn't be wallowing in sadness, he should be interacting with people. "Right," He said, the smile slightly resting on his lips. "Thanks." He glanced back at the teacher, wondering what to do next. He was grateful to meet this man, but he didn't want to prolong this conversation. Josh started running out on what to say to Claude, as he isn't used to talking to a lot of people. Sometimes there's the occasional greetings or bump into in the hallways, but he didn't have many friends.

"Well, we now know each other's powers." Claude said. "And we have introduced ourselves to each other." He continued. "So we are pretty much done with training. Do you want to meet the other pairs?" He asked Josh, wanting to keep him company.

"Okay," Piper said, smiling. She closed her eyes, and imagined Enya being afraid. Truly afraid - not just scared, nervous, or anxious - true fear. She sat like that for a moment, imagining fear and channeling her power. She concentrated hard, erasing all her other thoughts, and tried her best to give Enya the purest emotion possible. She tried her best without tainting it with any other emotion. After a few seconds, Piper opened her eyes and looked directly at Enya, and waited for a reaction.

Ava-Joy smiled and lead Mizu out of the classroom, with an accepting nod from the teacher. She and Mizu went out into the fuels behind the school. She said," Ok, my power is Nature Manipulation. Yours?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back