• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Brains and Brawn

The second we stepped inside, it smelled of fuel, smoke, and fire. It smelled quite bad, but none of us wore a gas mask or even seemed to notice. The Hephaestus cabin had separate desks for everyone, and there was a lot of noise. Hissing, squeaking, and occasionally there's a boom.

This was certainly different from want she was used to. The smell of smoke and the dust and dirt everywhere were the first things she'd noticed. But Catallina saw the passionate blacksmiths that pounded on metal sheets, tinkers with tiny screws and draw on blue prints. My! Was it a sight!

"Woah!" Were the only things she could say.

(Gtg! It's nine 40 where I am, better go to bed. Night!)

(Sorry, I got sick after posting that :/ )

I hadn't noticed any of the smells, due to being accustomed to them. They were slightly worse than your cabin's, however. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, you all aren't used to it in here, you might need some sort of gas mask.." As we reached my desk, there was a lot of spazzing and twitching robots. I went through and picked up a screwdriver and made some adjustments on the less-brokenish ones.

(It's okay, real life before roleplay! Prioritize your health first!)

"R-right, gas mask." Catallina looked around to see if there were any masks lying about that she could use. Eventually, she spotted a soot covered one. At least the inside wasn't dirty. Slipping it over her mouth, she made a thumbs up with her two hands, as if to say that she was ready.

Looking over his shoulder, she curiously watched what he was trying to tinker up.

One was a little bot, resembling a cat or a kitten, and one was a miniature human. He was sitting with a large square; maybe a suitcase? In his hand, tapping his foot, occasionally raising his arm to his face. "Circuits and things are always malfunctioning in the bleedin' things, they're hard to keep in order." They all acted like they were alive, to an extent, except for one single robot, who was quite large, under the sheet of the bottom bunk on my bed.

Catallina scratched the back of her head, frowning. This all didn't make any scenes to her. The little bolts and pieces, the wires. Everything! She felt so out of place. Like a black crow in the middle of a flock of geese.

"I better go then," she muttered to herself, not wanting to be a bore or bother to him. Slipping the mask off, she placed it where she found it, walking outside of the cabin.

"Er.. okay then.." I say, after you had hurried out of the door. I stood there awkwardly for a moment, not expecting such an abrupt departure from you. I then got to work on the weapons.

(Oh my! So sorry! Completely forgot about this rp since I've got so much swimming around, plus my rl. Thanks for reminding me!)

Catallina left with a frown, wondering what to do that day. She was far too lazy to even bother to do things such as practice or help her other cabinmates. So she simply made her way towards the mess hall, grabbing breakfast. Orange juice and sunny side up. The usual. She sat down and enjoyed her meal in silence.

(Heh, also sorry for replying a bit late, I've been busy, and also the whole different timezones thing)

He never showed up for breakfast. He must've already ate, you thought. As it stood, though, he wasn't in any of the activities until 12:30; lunch time. He had fell asleep on the seating part of the benches. Snoring quietly as you walked past him, he looked-- and sounded-- like he hadn't slept in weeks.

(Schedule:

08:00 AM-09:00 AM: Breakfast and cabin inspection.

09:00 AM-10:30 AM: Ancient Greek Speaking

10:30 AM-11:00 AM: Free Period (Unless you're in trouble)

11:00 AM-12:00 PM: Archery/Sword Fighting/Shooting

12:00 PM-12:30 PM: Greek Mythology

12:30 PM-1:30 PM: Lunch

1:30 PM-3:30 PM: Cabin-Related Activity

3:30 PM-5:00 PM: Second Cabin-Related Activity

5:00 PM-6:00 PM: Free time (Unless you're in trouble)

6:00 PM-7:00 PM: Dinner

7:00 PM-9:00 PM: Capture The Flag/That Day's Activity

9:00 PM-10:00 PM: Campfire singalong with Apollo's cabin)

Catallina shot a glance at the schedule. Breakfast and a cabin inspection. She shrugged, not thinking much of it. Instead, she prepare for the other activities for the day. Nothing much had been happening in camp really. No one went onto quests. Monsters weren't tough. Challenges were far too easy for her. She slumped on her seat, sighing with dissatisfaction.

Once or twice you'd swear you'd see a grey blur fly past the area, and everyone would go quiet and then whisper. Then, the whole camp was stirring up rumours. "There's a werewolf in the camp," they said. "Someone let a hellhound in." Everyone got real paranoid, and the blur kept running by for a week.

Catallina continued to finish reading the schedule before walking out of the mess hall. She was greeted by a few glances from her fellow campers. She wasn't the best fighter, but she couldn't be called bad. Besides the head of her cabin and a few more older, experienced ones, she was a pretty hefty battler. Several of the other campers have been looking up to the Ares cabin occupiers for answers...or well, a solution to their assumptions about the grey blur. Several have asked her already, on what on earth was she going to do about it. But honestly, she didn't really care. She was in no place to institute anything big scale, so why bother.

The blur stopped appearing for a few days, then started showing up around the Aphrodite cabins. They got especially spooked, and then it moved towards the Ares cabin. Occasionally, during the night, you would hear scratching on the walls. During this, I was normally in my cabin, staying awake all night metalworking, while during the day (normally around lunchtime), I would be sound asleep. One day, before I was asleep in my meal at lunch, you decided to come over and speak to me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back