• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Bonded

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Azerael

Allowing Robin to lead him, he listened to the words that left her lips. "Destiny's Pull is certainly at work here, but it's not so simple whether you're up to the task of being bonded to someone like me." It wasn't anything against the girl. It was simply a fact. Not all humans were strong enough willed to handle how strange or frightening or extremely different that the partner destiny had put before them might be from themselves. There was a chance that this girl would actually accept him. Just as much of a chance that she would scream and flee from him the moment he showed his whole self to her was there as well.

"In any case, as lovely as this little cafe of yours sounds, it seems like we have quite a lot to discuss in private. Seeing where you live sounds like the better option for today." His arm slipped away from her frame as he walked, tugging at the sleeve to try and adjust where fabric clung to his body underneath. "You asked before if all demons have different names...isn't it the same for humans? Your identities are not all uniform or else you would not have any need to introduce yourself in the first place."

He found himself a bit more loose-lipped than he was used to being while speaking to her. It wasn't trust...not exactly. But an intense desire to know more. About her, about this bond and why it made her smell so delicious to him...about why he felt as if he'd not fed in weeks even though it hadn't been even a day. His reactions were atypical and he did not know how to feel about these goings on.
Sleepy Lanii Sleepy Lanii

Kaylie

As she listened to Qinu speak about having a different 'true form' she nodded. There were many stories about demons with large, frigtening forms. With curling horns and craigy skin. Sharp teeth and razor claws. She couldn't picture the smaller figure beside her being something frightening though. "Well...I'd like to see your true form some day. If you'll let me. I haven't exactly spoken to many demons before. Or if I have, they were veiled so I didn't realize."

They found themselves in a small, semi-secluded park. A few benches were set with pretty flowering bushes and plants growing nearby, giving a very gentle outdoorsy vibe. It felt like they were in their own little world. It was cozier than the parks she was used to, which usually were filled with overly affectionate couples or screaming children playing tag. "Honesty is refreshing. I can understand why you'd like kids...even if it isn't good, they don't know any better than to say what they think."

Noticing the gesture, Kaylie sat down on the bench. She scooted to the very edge in case Qinu wanted to join her there. It felt rude not to.
K kurishiri

"I..uh," Athena grabbed her shirt, near to her heart. It still ached there. It felt pried and twisted, made to do something that her mind would never allow. "I had to. First my good friend's..." she froze for an unrealized time. "Does he consider me a friend?" Athena shook her head. "Bael, his face turned into what I could only assume is your face. I made a commotion during the meeting twice, once because of you. But I didn't expect this to happen to abruptly. I had no signals, no signs, and BAM here I am."

She glanced down at the girl on the bed, pivoted on her heel and sat at the end of it. "21 is a good age to reach, isn't it? That's a whole...21 years." She rubbed her temples with her hand, while her other still clung to her stinging heart. "And either way." Athena's leg wouldn't stop moving, just like during the meeting. It was as antsy as ever. "Either way, perhaps, you'd be happier that way. Who'd want to bond with a demon who doesn't want to bond with anyone? It's nothing against you. I'm sure you are a fine child. But bonding...seems frightening."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Lisa

"Ah... I-I see..." Lisa replied, looking down. Or, to the side. Or... Whatever direction constituted the bed underneath her. So, that was it then, huh...? This Demon, the one chance she had for her life to go back to the way it was, didn't want to bond with her "...So... I guess there's nothing to do now but wait, huh...?" She asked Athena, her breath catching in her throat as she spoke. These were now, without a doubt, the last moments of her life... She couldn't take this. She buried her face in her pillows in an attempt to quiet her sobs. She couldn't tell if it worked or not. She was too busy wishing her body would just get it over with already, now that she knew her fate.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite

Was she crying? Athena didn't expect this, not this. As a demon, this wasn't normal. She never saw anyone crying. And that sob was the first strike to tender her heart. This human, cried. Wouldn't she love to have such luxury?

Next that took a stab at Athena was the way this maiden spoke to her. She didn't bark, she didn't scream or yell. She didn't demand that Athena change her mind now else she goes to tell the other High Demons. She accepted her fate and moved forward. One would assume it a way of giving up...yet, Athena didn't see it as such.

But the thing that shattered Athena. This girl hadn't even noticed that Athena was a High Demon. And if she had, she didn't show it. At first, Athena was sure that was the final straw. No way was Athena going to bond if her bond(er) didn't take her seriously. Now, as the moment had finally arrived, it made Athena glad. The girl didn't tremble at her presence, hide from fear. She was comfortable, well, in the least comfortable way.

"Stop lamenting human," Athena spoke in a low, and strangely, thoughtful voice. "What is it that you would wish to live for? Living seems like a waste of precious time." She leaned her head back to glance at the girl. "What you say, may change your fate."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Lisa

Lisa sniffled as she looked up at Athena. She considered her question as deeply as her scrambled mind would allow her to. What did she want to live for...? Obviously she just simply didn't want to die, but she knew that neither she nor Athena would be satisfied with that answer. After some consideration... The answer was obvious.

"I don't want to leave everyone..." Lisa told her, in as steady a voice as she could manage "My family... Friends... My fans... They're going to continue living, and I want to be there right alongside them." She said, sitting up and wiping the tears from her eyes "Supporting them, helping them be happy... It was only recently, when our band really started to kick off, that I realized that I might actually be able to make a difference in this world someday. But if I die now... Suddenly all of that potential wastes away... I'll have been completely useless." She explained, looking down. Then, she sat there silently, waiting for Athena's response, as a flurry of thoughts ran through her head. Worries about Athena's answer. Considerations on if she should say more. Vivid images that she should just curl back up in her bed and let Athena leave her to die, though a small part of her tried to ignore those... She waited with bated breath to hear Athena's response.

“Home it is then,” Robin responded, as they walked. The girl put her left arm across her chest and placed her right arm on top. She rested her chin on her right hand and gazed upward in thought as she spoke. “Well, I suppose what I’m trying to get at here is that there are a lot of humans who do share names, whether it be only their first or both their first and last.” She giggled at how unreasonably complex human naming conventions probably seemed to demons. “And then you have to use their middle names to tell them apart. Of course, there are different naming conventions around the world that lead to more variety, but…” The girl turned toward the demon. “It’s just so interesting that you can have a singular name and know it’s unique to anyone else’s. It’s a name you fully own.” She gave Azerael another one of her bright smiles. “I think it’s beautiful. It’s a thing I only get to do on the internet,” Robin laughed. She was beginning to feel more comfortable with the demon.

She returned her arms to her sides and continued. I feel like I should be more worried about you not wanting to bond with someone like me. After all, my life’s on the line.” There was a sinking feeling in her stomach with her last statement, but it didn’t pull her down as much as its reality did earlier. “Besides, you’re a pleasant person, and you’d have to give me a very good reason to hate you for me to refuse bonding with you.” Robin looked at Azerael sincerely. “I’m not saying that because I feel obligated to.” It seemed that the demon felt that there was something about him that the girl might not be able to handle. She prepared herself for whatever it could have been, at least within the realms of her own imagination and stories she had read about and heard.

“We’re here,” Robin said when they reached the apartment complex. She hurried up the stairs, expecting Azerael to follow. Since the place was reasonably close to Robin’s university, many students lived there. Luckily for Robin, none of her neighbors immediately above, below, or next to her were incredibly rowdy. The biggest disturbances came from some boys who lived in the building across from her, who were then yelling at each other below and probably being delinquents. At this point, Robin found it easiest to simply ignore them.

MysticNeko MysticNeko

QINU

i solemnly swear that
i am up to no good

Qinu snickered, but that soon broke out into full-fledged laughter. He found it funny how modest Kaylie was about seeing his true form, even as they were meant to be bonded to each other. Not officially at the moment, but eventually, they would. "Pfft, it's hilarious how you're being so modest with me." Between small bouts of laughter, he continued. "I have nothing against you seeing my true form, even right now. It's not much different than how I am right now anyway. Besides, you should know because we're meant to be bonded."

Qinu closed his eyes, letting his "veiled" form down. "This is my true form." His voice was notably different as he said this, given that he was now a boy.

He then went and plopped himself down on the bench next to Kaylie. At her remark about kids, Qinu stifled laughter again. "I've been told I'm like a little kid. Which I'm fine with-- I'm just not interested in all those complicated stuff the High Demons always talk about." He then sighed. "Yeesh, you should be grateful you are not meant to be bonded to a High Demon. Those guys'll blow your ears off someday. Most of them even take the pranks I do so seriously!" Qinu huffed, pouting a little.

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling
mentioning: N/A. | interacting: MysticNeko MysticNeko

Qinu snickered, but that soon broke out into full-fledged laughter. He found it funny how modest Kaylie was about seeing his true form, even as they were meant to be bonded to each other. Not officially at the moment, but eventually, they would. "Pfft, it's hilarious how you're being so modest with me." Between small bouts of laughter, he continued. "I have nothing against you seeing my true form, even right now. It's not much different than how I am right now anyway. Besides, you should know because we're meant to be bonded."

Qinu closed his eyes, letting his "veiled" form down. "This is my true form." His voice was notably different as he said this, given that he was now a boy.

He then went and plopped himself down on the bench next to Kaylie. At her remark about kids, Qinu stifled laughter again. "I've been told I'm like a little kid. Which I'm fine with-- I'm just not interested in all those complicated stuff the High Demons always talk about." He then sighed. "Yeesh, you should be grateful you are not meant to be bonded to a High Demon. Those guys'll blow your ears off someday. Most of them even take the pranks I do so seriously!" Qinu huffed, pouting a little.

Azerael

"It's probably due to Demons living far longer than humans do. So our identities have more longevity." He listened to the gentle words his partner said, hoping she wouldn't change her mind when she said she felt that his concerns about her not wanting to be his partner were likely unfounded. Azerael followed her into a building where he assumed she lived. There were many doors, each belonging to different families or individuals who seemed to keep to themselves. Humans living so close together without any meaningful connection to keep them there.

When they were inside, he let his jacket fall off of his shoulders, keeping his forearms covered just in case. It was warm inside, so having less fabric covering his shoulders was already allowing him to cool off a bit. "I do hope that's the case. Still, I can't be too sure. How many demons have you seen? How twisted a form have you come across. Don't most humans find us horrifying and disgusting outside of the need to survive by our side?" His voice became less pleasant as he talked about the typical opinion he'd come across through humans he'd spoken to.

His voice softened again after he walked into her apartment, sitting down on the nearest surface. "Are you aware that we demons are not all the same? That we have different abilities and specialties. Not just different forms. Not all of us have horns. Some seem to be made of shadowy mist. Some have craigy skin or cloved hooves. Some burst into eternal flame the moment they are unveiled...we all embody different things."

Kaylie

Something about this laughter was both intimidating and infectious. It seemed so abrupt and genuine that it shook her own stomach just being in close proximity to it. She didn't see herself as being more modest than the average person, but the idea of seeing the other's true form was exciting.

Watching the person before her shift was strange to say the least. While Qinu's feminine form seemed meant for keeping people unguarded, his true form felt more sly and mischievous, exuding a more intense aura.
"It suits you." and it did. While both forms had a strange beauty to them, now that she'd seen both, it was clear to her how natural this form was for him.

"So I should try to avoid 'High Demon's' then?" It was impressive that Quinu could sound more annoyed than frightened by demons more powerful than himself. The pout that found it's way on his face was adorable, and Kaylie found herself reaching up to ruffle her companion's hair, smiling at him. "I'm grateful that it's you." Removing her hand from his head, she turned back to her sketchbook and began to draw both forms, feeling inspired to create something based on the transformative nature of her demonic friend.
K kurishiri

Last edited:
Robin listened to Azerael as the two entered her apartment. While he let his jacket fall of his shoulders, Robin took her hoodie off completely, revealing a white blouse underneath. “Some humans are disgusted by members of their own kind simply for their appearance. It just happens that others are more accepting of those who are different from them. Some humans take their anger out on demons because they can’t live long without being bonded to one. They just refuse to understand them.” Robin closed her eyes for a moment. Her face was a mix of anger and determination. She wanted to change the world. One of the few things she hated was that despite the fact that humans and demons had already coexisted for so long, there was still a great deal of tension between them. As Azerael sat down on the leather couch and finished his questioning, Robin disappeared into her short hallway, which led to her room and the bathroom. “Give me a sec,” she called.

A few moments later, the girl returned without her bag and hoodie. She instead held a brown sketchbook with her name engraved on the cover in gold. It was a present from her parents before she left for college. She sat down to the right of the demon and handed it to him. “Open it,” she said. There was a sense of urgency in her voice.

Inside were various drawings of humans and demons she had seen over the past year. Some demons were less human-like than others. She paid more attention to detail with the ones who she had seen humans being frightened by or bullying like the woman she once saw with spider-like features. One of her favorites was the towering beast-like man whom once she held a conversation with over coffee. The last of Robin’s entries in the book was a sketch of the first time she had seen Azerael in her dreams. He held his right arm as if it pained him. The girl wondered why. It was a pose she had forgotten about until now.

“You might not all look like puppies, but you’re all beautiful in your own way.” She smiled. Her curiosity for what was under the demon’s right sleeve returned from earlier. She reached for his arm with her own right hand, hoping to soothe whatever was under his jacket.

MysticNeko MysticNeko

Azereal
Robin's voice was far more grave and serious as she talked now, taking him by surprise. He couldn't help but respect her a little bit more seeing how she was taking things.
When he was handed a book of drawings he realized just how much this human had studied demonic forms. Some of which he recognized as demons he knew, others of which he'd only seen in passing. Then there was another of himself in an all too familiar position of pain due to his arm acting up. Seeing how someone else viewed him was strange, though he didn't exactly look at himself when in pain.

When she reached down to touch his arm, his hand clenched. The activity becoming noticeable again. A few spots of moisture showed through his jacket due to the salvation beneath. "I would move your hand...they bite." He had a little smirk as he let the jacket slip off completely, collecting around his waist onto the couch. Now visible were a multitude of hungry, salivating mouths covering his entire arm from elbow to wrist. One of them, sensing her hand still nearby, reached it's tongue out and licked her finger. His left hand shot out to take hers and lift it away from his arm before anything worse befell her digits.

"I'm a demon of hunger. And I don't know if this has to do with destiny or bad luck, but you smell delicious." he raised his arm as if to show off the mouths. Some were licking their lips, some drooling, some snapping at the knowledge that the good smell was so close they could almost taste it. "I'm no monster, so it's not like I'm planning on eating you. But I'm sure you can see now why I decided eating in might be the smarter choice."

Khaoul
a5069e93ae2097a9e096288adb615378--man-beast-creature-design.jpg

A deep rumbling sound came from Khaoul as he seemed to consider the girl's response, lava-like eyes boring down at her intensely. Her insolence was unexpected, but Khaoul was not as stuck up as some of the High Demons out there; truth be told even he had earned the mire of some of the others for his laid back attitude and tendency to neglect his duties for the sake of fighting for fun. Hell, he even sometimes spoke to the lesser demons if they seemed interesting - an unheard of discrepancy amongst the demon nobility.

Fortunately for him, Khaoul was a very powerful and imposing presence and so not many really had the gall to speak up against him, unlike the rather abused Athena. Khaoul wasn't particularly familiar with her, but he did know she liked to talk to Bael in a similar manner to himself. Again, Khaoul didn't really care if she wasn't the perfect High Demon, but her apparent lack of power was a bit disappointing still so hadn't bothered to associate with her. Speaking of weak individuals...

"Hmm... Your physical form is lacking."

Of course, that was to be expected. Demons, especially the nobility, were exceedingly more powerful than any unbonded human. Not only that, but Khaoul had noted that human females typically had less muscle mass and weight than the males, but he'd have to make do. He'd have been too lucky if he were fated to bond with an athlete or bodybuilder, but 'beggars can't be choosers' as the humans said.

Khaoul's massive aura faded and the giant's imposing presence became only large in physical size, as he still stood a staggering 10ft tall. Approaching the human less aggressively now, the High Demon took a knee to examine her more closely, perhaps uncomfortably close as he eyed her from top to bottom. Her body could be conditioned easily, especially once their bonding was completed. The difficult part was finding out if her mind was strong enough to host such an awe-inspiring power such as his. Well, she hasn't proven to be a complete embarrassment yet. There might be hope. It was a long shot, but Khaoul finally decided that he would give this particular human a chance, "Alright," glancing away resignedly, he drew in a breath and sighed. This was it, he supposed giving it that official 'High Demon feeling' would help the process along. Truth be told, Khaoul had never really spoken to a human before, so he put on his serious face again and stood at his full height again.

"I will forge your body into a warrior, but first your mind must be prepared. If you wish to bond with me: Khaoul, High Demon of Hunger - the price is everything. Offer me your flesh, pain, experiences. Your mind, your desires and dreams. Your life. Trust in this bond, and I shall teach you enlightenment as a warrior."

To Khaoul, this seemed like the best deal a human being was going to get ever. His bond would receive immeasurable power, hold honour, respect and dignity among the demon and human population entirely and become one of the most notable human figures in modern society. Adversely, humans were unpredictable creatures and it was entirely possible that she'd refuse his payment. Although he had no idea why she would, it was either this or death anyway, not that he had any interest in holding her hostage either. If she did not want this willingly, there would be no point. Warriors were not just people who fought, it was an art, a lifestyle. One did not accidentally become a warrior, you were either born one or you trained your life to achieve it. To Khaoul, it was perfection itself. It was the main reason he was where he was; a High Demon.

Offering a hand down to the small female human that was to be his bond, Khaoul actually gave her a determined smile. He would improve upon this human, it was the only thing left for him to achieve as a demonic warrior, to pass down his teachings. Oh how Bael would be jealous when he saw how superior Khaoul's human would be.

"Come; we have numerous lifetimes to conquer."

Angelofdarkness Angelofdarkness

“They?” Robin asked. Her hand froze. She looked downward to see the moisture on the demon’s sleeve and gasped as the mouths revealed themselves. She let out a yelp as one of them licked her finger. After Azerael lifted her hand away, she retracted it and held it close to her chest. It was a close call, and she probably should have known better. “Hunger, huh?” the girl responded after taking a few seconds to relax herself again. She leaned in for a better look, careful not to get too close. “Well, it’s better than smelling repulsive I’d think.” She found herself laughing when she saw the mouths drooling onto the couch. “I’ll get a towel,” she said as she stood up and disappeared into her hallway again, taking her sketchbook with her. If she had seen any of this a few years ago, Robin would have screamed and ran away. She had a project she did in high school to thank for allowing her to take all of this so well.

She returned with a blue bath towel that matched her eyes and placed it under Azerael’s arm. “I’m not sure if there’s a good way to do this,” she laughed. “It’s just that I’d prefer to not have drool everywhere.” She crossed her small living room, entered her kitchen and opened the fridge. “What do you like to eat?” she called. “Do you want anything to drink?”

MysticNeko MysticNeko

"How cheesy." Athena grinned and gave a silent chuckle. But, her grip on her shirt just became far more substantial. She wanted that...She wanted friends. She wanted family. She wanted to support, to have talents, to have reason to say; that it was never a waste. Athena wanted all of that.

The antler headed demon twisted her body to look at the human girl again. Those eyes, they were filled with soul and determination, with the mildness of desperation. Her life was on the line after all.

Could a human make 6,000 years seem too short...?

"Okay," was all Athena said without any explanation. Then, she stood up, walked over to the door and swung it wide open. "This is what I'll learn to do." She walked out and after a few seconds yelled, "I'm eating these strawberries!"

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Lisa blinked, confused by Athena's response. What did that mean? Learn what? Did she change her mind? Or was it something else entirely? Lisa felt the sadness inside her lessen, if only because her emotions simply didn't have enough room to contain it along with her confusion. Then Athena called out to her, and she realized she should probably be following her. So she stood up, dusting herself off for a moment before walking through the door and heading to the room Athena was in. She didn't say anything, mainly wanting to let Athena speak first.

Athena had already finished half the pack before the girl came in. "Sorry, I'm eating all these." She licked her lips and took another bite of a strawberry before spitting out the piece and belting, "How dare you call yourself a strawberry you fiend of nature!" She glared at the berry for sometime. In a matter of seconds, the strawberry was surrounded by licks of light, and then the luster appeared to be sucked in by the berry. Athena took another bite. "Much better."

With a swift swallow, she rolled her gaze back at the girl. Blue eyes and hair. Athena wasn't sure what qualified for a strong human, and honestly, she didn't appear that bulky, but that didn't bug the demon. Her fingers were calloused, worked rigorously in some form of practices. That was all Athena would have hoped for.

"What's your name child? I can't say we will get along splendidly, but I've announced mine and I've yet to hear yours." She popped another berry into her mouth. "As well, when can we be officially bonded next? You're about to die soon, right? Plus, my mind is erratic, I could change my mind at any moment."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Lisa nodded in response to her statement about the strawberries "Right... That's okay. I think they were gonna start going bad pretty soon, anyway." She replied, letting her eat the rest of them. Honestly, there was probably a lot of stuff in her pantry that needed throwing away. Not like she'd be eating much of it when she was dead, after all.

Then Athena said something that surprised her "Huh? Um, right... It's Lisa." She answered her "Lisa Narashi. So... You're really going to bond with me?" She asked. Though the thought came to her that she probably shouldn't have, just afterwards. Anything at all she says could get her to change her mind... But would she have control over that anyway? Her mind was a mess of confusion, hope, and worry, all at once... But, she realized, at least it was better than the endless despair she was in just minutes ago.

"Lisa? Leeeeee-sah! Lissa," Athena tapped her chin. "Lisa is good." She ate up the last strawberry and gingerly put the container on the counter. "And, yes. I am. I think it'll be interesting. Get away from those High Demons, kick some dirt on them for awhile. Though, that doesn't exclude me from the meetings..shame."

The antler headed demon smiled, put her hands on her hips again but gasped mere moments after. "What is that!?" Athena walked toes pointe to a frame on the wall. Lisa was in the picture, others joined her in the photo. "I must meet the painter! What human could make such perfect lines? You look stunning in this."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Leona

The brunette nodded slowly. "Alright..." Teailing off thoughtfully, Leo began walking along the nearby sidewalk, checking behind her to indicate for Lixa to follow. She ended up deciding to take the demon to her apartment but paused when a thought occurred to her. "How do you feel about cats?"

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Lixa

"Cats?" Lixa asked, tilting her head as she followed behind her. Did Leo have a cat? That was the only reason she could think of to ask a question like that, all of a sudden "They're alright, I guess... Why?"

Ocean123 Ocean123

Lisa

"High Demons?" Lisa asked "I'm... Sorry, I don't know much about you. Just that we have to bond in order to survive..." She said, following Athena over to the photo "Oh, this? An old High School friend took that." She explained, smiling as she recalled the memory "Me and the others just started a music group together, and we decided to all get a picture taken while we decided on a name." She said, pausing for a moment before giggling a little "We never did come up with one... Even today, everyone just knows us by my stage name. And everyone's just gotten so used to it, there's no point coming up with one now."

Leona

Leo nodded, smiling. "He's pretty friendly, though he is quite energetic, still being a kitten and all. Um... Promise me you won't scream when you see him." Wincing slightly, the teenager shook her head. "Ugh, sorry, demons probably don't freak out as easily as humans... See, he's missing the tip of his tail. I got him from the SPCA and they told me that he'd been adopted once but the woman screamed and took him right back when she noticed his injured, twisted tail. I don't really want him to have that experience again so I can be a bit protective of him. Sorry for jumping down your throat like that..."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

"Ah! Hello, nice to meet you, I see you know my name but I dont know yours, would you like anything to eat or drink?" *she nodded to the chair across from her to indicate he is welcome, putting the painting down, he might notice that her left arm is fake*

QINU

i solemnly swear that
i am up to no good

"Well, of course it suits me," Qinu responds with a slight tilt of his head, "Why else would it be called 'true form'?" There is a small silence before he briefly explains his general transformative nature. "I can't stay in my girl-form for a very long time. The most is probably around three or four days. Maybe a little longer if I have the energy, which I usually get by feeding off of strong human emotions: strong bouts of happiness, anger, sadness, frustration, et cetera. And while there's another way to get energy, I prefer not to resort to it...which is with blood." Another little pause. "And before you ask: no, I'm not a vampire."

"And yes. Unless, like I said, you wanna get your ears blown off." Qinu shrugs nonchalantly, as if that was the most natural thing in the world to say. Qinu couldn't help but smirk a bit proudly when he heard Kaylie was grateful it was him. It really did make him genuinely happy. He didn't make any verbal responses to that remark though.

Then, Kaylie took out a sketch book and started drawing something. With a cherubic curiosity, Qinu leans over so their shoulders brush and he looks down. "What're you drawing? A person?"

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling
mentioning: N/A. | interacting: MysticNeko MysticNeko

"Well, of course it suits me," Qinu responds with a slight tilt of his head, "Why else would it be called 'true form'?" There is a small silence before he briefly explains his general transformative nature. "I can't stay in my girl-form for a very long time. The most is probably around three or four days. Maybe a little longer if I have the energy, which I usually get by feeding off of strong human emotions: strong bouts of happiness, anger, sadness, frustration, et cetera. And while there's another way to get energy, I prefer not to resort to it...which is with blood." Another little pause. "And before you ask: no, I'm not a vampire."

"And yes. Unless, like I said, you wanna get your ears blown off." Qinu shrugs nonchalantly, as if that was the most natural thing in the world to say. Qinu couldn't help but smirk a bit proudly when he heard Kaylie was grateful it was him. It really did make him genuinely happy. He didn't make any verbal responses to that remark though.

Then, Kaylie took out a sketch book and started drawing something. With a cherubic curiosity, Qinu leans over so their shoulders brush and he looks down. "What're you drawing? A person?"

Nekoda

Nekoda stared up at him as he looked her over but she couldn't be sure if it was approval she was worthy or distant. After a moment he pulled away. "I'll make you a warrior." He booked his voice echoing in her ears.

Nekoda glanced down at herself sure she wasn't one of the buffest women but she wasn't a weak twig either. Tugging her chestnut brown locks out of her violet eyes she set her face into a look of determination.

"If a warrior is what you want a warrior I will become. I will train day and night. I will bleed and I overcome many oppsticals to become a warrior worthy of being your bonded."

The daunting high demon held a hand out to her and Nekoda realized this was it. He was accepting her, now she had to decide wiether or not she was willing to pay the price it meant being bonded to a high demon in order to live.

Face set in determination she stared at his gaint hand putting hers in his only to see it get swallowed in comparassion. "Lets go conquer a million lifetimes."

Lixa nodded "Ah, I see. Yeah, that's no problem. I get it." She replied. She'd met quite a few Humans who were ashamed of disfigurements of various kinds, so this wasn't anything new to her.

Ocean123 Ocean123

"You make music," Athena cocked her head. "So peculiar. Putting sounds together to flavor the ears. That would be an immaculate talent." She gave a soft smile, but then, the corners of her mouth fell and she twisted her head towards the window in Lisa's bedroom. With quick, soft steps, she scuttled across the floor and back into the room. There, through the glass, she saw two High Demons walking down the road. They were looking around, of course they were, three high demons just wandered out of an...well, maybe an important meeting. She didn't pay much attention to it.

Athena yelped when the looked at the window. She fell to the ground and ducked behind the bed. "Lisa!" she whispered harshly. "Lisa!"

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Users who are viewing this thread

Back