• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy BoN: Stone Age

Daeva

BREAK POINT: SLUUURRRP the magic and power from it-

The Magic is DEVOURED, but safely. And as such, some of the Power was LOST. But, there was still enough of it that was slurrped up that it made a difference. +1 Magic

A feeling of being watched, however, was also gained. Something was not happy about the siphoning of the magical energies. Perhaps something would come of it down the line……

Action 1: Explore the Tower (To be Resolved on Discord)

Action 2: Rite of Passage–

The Rite of Passage has become a huge success. The members of the Daeva and even the bandits whom have taken them in for raiding, pillaging and the like, have improved in ability. A closeness has begun to develop between the Bandits and the Daeva as their alliance continues to strengthen. Together, both group can become factions to truly contend with and those who will be deemed their enemies can fall with their combined MIGHT!

Due to spending two years with the Bandits in training, the Green Quickened or the Moss Trappers become Martial 2

BANDITS NOW HAVE ACCESS TO MARTIAL 2 UNITS

The Shifting Covenant
Turn 5
Fluff
It was an entirely average day in the Split. Birds were chirping, the sun was shining, life was thriving, and Ekco was talking to herself.

She had done work and had prevented her mortality, and her people also had a Colosseum where they could now pointlessly beat eachother for bragging rights that only lasted about 5 minutes. Watching as others egged on those who were willing to throw their hand in combat, Ekco fiddled with the colourful puzzle cube she picked up on the Sky City. She had solved it once, now she was just fidgeting with the thing as if it were a toy rather than the puzzle lockbox it was meant to be. Even after becoming a mechanical immortal, she would rather talk to herself between her two heads rather than listen to the likes of others in her spare time.

"You know, you haven't been active in real scraps much recently. I get we're better than all these other barbaric peasants and all, but when are you gonna prove why you're on top again?" Ekco asked with an almost taunting tone, poking at the other head's cheek and receiving an agitated side-eye in return.

"Don't do that, I'm using that hand too. This takes both hands and more brainpower than others have" Ekco answered in retort as she returned both hands to her Rubix-esque Cube, pondering on the thought. It had been a while since she just beat the living daylights out of a living being to the death, and she was always interested in new parts or interesting things.

"Sooo, whatchu thinking?" Ekco asked herself.
"Well there's a lot I'm thinking, but funnily enough I heard this little rumour or sorts about people going all weird and killing eachother. Sounds ridiculous, but I'll go check it out. I've got a lot to do, so I've been thinking-"
"Thinking?".

The Ekco head that was focused on the Cube in the meanwhile stopped what she was doing, and disappointedly looked at the other who had ended up interrupting her for no reason. After a moment of silence, she returned back to the cube as she continued.
"People do things right? And when we're in control, people do things for us. We, as it stands right now, have a lot of people. But, I fully think we can have more".
"More? How many more?.. do you have some sort of pregnancy-inducing evolution?".
"What? No. Good idea, but no. See, if we get people to come to the Split, and they live here, they live here under our expectations and our Covenant. We just need our kingdom to be the very best that everyone wants to come here".
"And how do we do that?".
"Violence, and wealth".

The other Ekco head fell silent briefly unsure if the other was serious or not, although the followup of no other answer was the telling point.
"Y-you care to elaborate on that or?".
"Well... no" Ekco said as she chose not to elaborate. She knew what she was thinking anyway.
- Fluff to be added/continued -

 Actions
Populations
54 Stone Elf Pop (-8 = 46)
45 Human Pop (-10 = 35)
23 Monke Pop (-8 = 15)
23 Crystallian Pop (-8 = 15)
13 Giant Pop (-6 = 7)

Free Action (Giving Population to Sky City): Trek said 5 is necessary, 10 to get their attention and support n' stuff or something. Here's 40.
Evolution of the Body: Dark Mage: Rolled a 9 (7+2) (Once a turn, choose a unit type to undergo a random transformation in the name of evolution)

(Movement: Moved to The Split)

Breakpoint: 1 - Dispatch a hunting party (Scene).

Ekco will dispatch a hunting party, and also go with them.

For fun. If things go south, we'll just torch everything and not think about it.

Action 1 - Upgrade and improve The Colosseum.
Ekco is investing more time and resources into The Colosseum.
Resources: Stone, 10 Units of Crystals, Giant Crystal Skull
Tech: Copper Tools, Pigments, Mathematics
Keywords (Gladiator, Captivating), Labour Dinosaurs for carrying and transport, Tower of Dreams +1 to Non-Combat rolls, Giant Labour has a chance to grant extra bonuses to structures, support from The Fort.

Remember how one of those things we had was violence? This doesn't make violence, but it's an improvement. And then when there's value, it'll cause people to fight. See? And it took wealth to do it. Comes full circle. And we might get more, honestly haven't thought that far yet.

Action 2 - Research and study evolutionary powers to be more efficient.
Ekco wants to be able to do more evolution in littler time, and to be able to try out resources more for their effects. She aims to find a way to do it. Whether it be her evolutionary Actions, Evolution of the Body, or even both.
Tech: Cuneiform, Mathematics
Keyword (Evolving), Tower of Dreams +1 to Non-Combat rolls, Oogyr's Think Tank trait (When used to assist evolution, gain a +1 to the roll). If Evolutionary Accomplishments matter, Ekco's highest accomplishment is extending her lifespan by two turns.

So many options, so little time... time, time, can we evolve time? Has that one been done yet? What about evolving evolutions, what about that one?

Slime Alliance - Every turn, gain a Slime Champion.

The Nowhere Herd

BREAK POINT: REFUSE THE BLIZZEN

THE GLACIER IS NOW POPULATED BY THE BLIZZEN

Word of The Blizzen travels through all of the North.

Action 1: OAKDALE Trading (Resolved through Discord)

Action 2: Two Icons of the Deep Freeze are created.

Using all the given supplies, they manage to craft two immaculate Icons of the Deep Freeze. They radiate cold and in fact anyone who isn’t immune to the cold, will be hurt by them (The effect is as if touching DRY ICE). When used separately, they give a +1 to any cold related rolls. If used together in conjunction, they give a +2 to Cold based Rolls and give an extra +1 HP to the wielder.

During the construction of the Icons of the Deep Freeze, they accidentally awakened an Ice Golem. Upon seeing the completed Icons, it was willing to follow the Nowhere Herd. Gain Ice Golem

Ice Golem
Immortal
Martial 4/ Magic 1
The Ice Man Commeth- In the first round of battle, gains +1 Martial and TRAMPLE
Hard to Kill- When something would kill the Ice Golem, it instead is brought down to 1 HP. (Usable once per battle.)
Ice Claws- Can unsheath Ice Claws. These pierce 1 Armor

Diplomacy: The Nowhere Herd and the Flesh Prophets (FUN TIMES. Cold vs Heat)

Goliaths

BREAKPOINT: Something Else(?)

Study the Tomb and its treasures.

They discover that the Tomb was for a series of Great Warriors that died in battle against a Powerful Foe. Unfortunately, merely studying this tomb and its contents doesn’t tell much. Other than that if they had removed anything from the tomb would have delivered a POWERFUL and DANGEROUS Curse to those who would have committed such a heinous act.

Action 1: Search for Copper and the casting of Bronze

The Goliths managed to find enough copper to form Bronze Armor to have two Unit Types be Upgraded to BRONZE ARMOR. After that, they will run out of Copper supplies in their own land and will need to check for additional deposits elsewhere.

Action 2: Know Thy Enemy

The Scouts were sent to investigate the lands around the Iron Keep. However, once their heads are recovered at the edge of Goliath lands, it becomes quite clear that they were captured and tortured for information. Whether or not they ended up giving up anything becomes a subject among the Goliath Leadership. For if they did, it would be putting their own forces at great risk should they enter Iron Keep Lands.

Free Actions: Speak to the Great Wizard Niktos

While the Great Wizard Niktos knew nothing about the mysterious tomb, clearly it came into being sometime after he became a hermit in his tower, he did know something about the lands of the Iron Keep. Or something about how they used to be. A long time ago in the Old World, there was a city called Jumtis that was in the region. They specialized in building Powerful Machines and Metal Men and Women. But, chances are high that the Demons would have destroyed the place.

The Moonsworn

BREAKPOINT: DESTROY THE MONOLITH

Destroying the Monolith seemed to have an extremely adverse effect on those that had already been feeling the effects of the Monolith itself. While the Army is out on the CRUSADE, those that had been changed by the Monolith, changed much further, becoming MONSTROUS and VILE.

It could have become something extremely disastrous, especially with the army out on a CRUSADE, but with the protective magics that had been cast and the can do nature of the MOONSWORN BELIEVERS, they managed to take down any of those that had been transformed before it became a major disaster.

GAIN MONOLITH SHARDS

Action 1: Moon Road Expanded

As the army marches through the Moonsworn lands and beyond, road and supply lines are constructed as they proceed. This slows their march a bit, but makes sure that they have a constant life line to their homeland as well as allowing one of their allies a better path for some of their return trip.

This would later lead to a Pilgrimage Road from the North to the Central Lands of the Moonsworn as long as the CRUSADE proceeds smoothly and with their VICTORY.

Action 2: Scout the King’s Desert

The Scouting goes as well as it can be through the desert. It is believed that the army is being observed from the distance by possible single observers, but no sign of anyone is ever there when they proceed to check. The journey through the desert proceeds well as the CRUSADER ARMY manages to face no incident and meets up with the Penitent CRUSADERS.

(CRUSADE TO BE RESOLVED ON DISCORD)

THE AROS TRIBE
Turn 5

“Well, this is certainly a different look for you,” Merasa watched as her friend circled around her new body, the Swamp Witch having finally speaking to her for the first time since she Merasa’s reincarnation the day before. “And you are still able to draw upon all your magic and feel the immortality within your bones?”

“Aye, though I can tell that I am stronger than before,” The new Half-Orc looked down at her green tinged skin and the new muscles that could be seen underneath them. “There are some mental changes as well, mostly in just how to move in a different body, but also a minor urge to eat more meat than before.”

“And I’m sure if he were here Boralus would agree that your temper certainly matches your new form,” Sarala’s smile only lasts for a moment after mentioning the name. “Gods what fools we have been since their deaths.”

“Fighting for nigh on three centuries? Jerin would have laughed and forced us to apologize as soon as he had heard, Verlon would have been disappointed in us and we would have apologized the moment she looked sad, and Boralus would have done either or to be sure,” the duo both chuckled, thinking back on memories of a time long past. With a frown, however, Merasa’s turned to the final years before their friend’s demises. “We have squandered the chance that they lost their lives to give us, wasting our time fighting with each other rather than solving issues that they wanted to solve. Gods above, we let our people turn to dust around us just to hurt each other!”

“Aye, perhaps we did,” Sarala sighed, looking down at her own hands. “I questioned why Kuro never attempted to find out how we were immortals you know.”

“Really? I had wondered about that myself; he is devoted enough to Asari that I would have thought he would have tried to be with her for eternity,” Merasa tilted her own head in thought, keeping herself from flashing back to that day by the barest of margins. “We were lucky though, and he is lucky he didn’t question us before he found out that he was one of us.”

“Aye, he said that he could sense the magic that held our lives still though, and could feel the tainted edge to it,” Sarala drew forth a small ball of her magic, the once pristine green now interspersed with red, browns, and blues. “He knew that whatever we had done to achieve our state had left a taint upon our souls that we would always be able to feel, and he didn’t want to burden himself with that same taint.”

“He is smarter than we were then,” Merasa snorted, drawing forth a ball of her own magic and looking as the same trio of colors swirled around a yellow core. “But, we can at least take reminders of our friends into the future with us so long as we live.”

“That’s not the only thing I’ve been reminded of though,” At her friends questioning look Sarala continued the errant thought. “I have been reminded of some things from the time before we went on our grand adventure, things that I had thought long forgotten but have been corrected upon.” As she spoke Sarala grew closer to her friend, having to look up to look into her eyes now rather than down. “Feelings that I had long thought were gone.” She reached up, taking Merasa’s face in her hands. “And this time, I’m going to act upon them.”

As her friend’s face grew closer to her own, Merasa decided that she was rather happy to have died, if only to return to her a chance she had long ago thought ruined. And, closing her eyes, she embraced the new chance that she had been given.​

Prif paced in front of her grandfather’s tent, worrying at her lip as she did so. The goblins had not been a part of the village of Laetalos long, they hadn’t even been able to build enough homes for the thirty remaining members of her tribe, before he had taken ill. She watched as the Swamp Witch, Sarala she thought was her name, leave the tent and look for her.

“How does he fare?” She questioned once she had caught her eye, moving quickly to stand before her. “Will he live?”

“I don’t believe so young one, he is old, and the sickness is deep within his lungs,” the witch’s face offered not pity, nor maliciousness, just a deep sense of understanding to the young goblin. “He has asked for you, and any you may wish to join you.”

“I will go alone for now, none who I would trust for what I’m sure is coming survived the fires,” Prif was once more reminded of that pain, knowing that her family and friends had been slaughtered around her as she and her Grandfather had lead what few they could away. So many friends, so much family, all gone in a single night to those bastards.

As the witch nodded and took her leave, Prif took a deep breath and steeled herself for what was to come. She took her first steps into the tent and nearly stopped in shock, staring at the decrepit goblin who lay in the bed as if she had never seen him. This was her grandfather after only a day of sickness? Where was the one who used to carry her upon his shoulders and entertain her with illusions, who led their people with a strength that betrayed what he looked like?

“Is that you Prif?” His voice rasped out, one eye barely opening to look at her as he struggled to speak. “Come closer dearling, we must speak before I leave this realm.”

“Yes Grandfather,” She stepped forwards, taking one of his hands as she got close enough to. Using her other one she pulled a small stool to the edge of the bed and sat with him, feeling the prick of tears at the edge of her eyes.

“You know the history of our people, and I’ve spoken to you before about how so long as our tribe lives our power will grow,” Coughs wracked the words as he spoke, often leaving gaps of several seconds between them. “But now, it is time for you to truly gain that knowledge. This is a spell that has been passed down among our family for decades, one that has allowed us to grow beyond average. When I cast it, I will die. There is no other recourse. It will give you all the power, all the knowledge, and all the strength of our family.” Coughs wracked the old goblin once more, taking longer this time to stop and sounding much worse than they had before. “You will not know the spell, not until it is truly your turn to cast it. Just remember child, you are the pride of our family, no matter who may tell you otherwise.”

Before she could speak Prif felt her grandfather’s grip turn to iron, and his other hand grabbed her by the wrist with the same shocking strength. Magic seemed to boil off him and she could feel as moisture in the air formed droplets along her arms. And then, suddenly, a burning began. Where his grip held her wrist she felt liquid fire pool, forming an unseen pattern and causing her to cry out in pain as. It felt as if she was being burned to her very bones, no, her soul. As if a mark was being laid upon her very being. And, just as suddenly, it was over. Her grandfather shuddered and fell back, going limp as his eyes looked to the roof of the tent.

“Guide them well dearling, for they need you to be strong,” Prif just barely heard the words that seemed to slip out of his lips, the final words that she would ever hear from him. And as the hot tears began to fall, she could feel something akin to a drumbeat begin deep within her chest.​

The sound of wood upon wood echoed around Nyra as she stared her opponent down, forcing herself not to blink for fear of missing the opening movement. Across from her Prif did the same, both refusing to make the first move for fear of making the first mistake of the match. At some unseen signal, perhaps a particularly loud clash of wood, perhaps simply a fly that caught bother their eyes, the duo charged each other. Their first strikes met in a clash of wood louder than any other within the training grounds, and their second was much the same. Axe and sword met and the two gave each other savage grins, ready for the true battle to now begin.

“Getting soft there Aros?” The goblin taunted her friend, forcing Nyra’s sword back as she gripped her axe with two hands.

“You wish Prif!” With a quick movement Nyra stepped to the side and launched her fist forward, using the buckler attached to the back of it to hit the goblin in the side. Pressing the advantage, the eldritch knight pushed her friends axe to the side now that she was distracted and launched her practice sword into her chest. The goblin went down hard and groaned, tapping the ground twice once her friend’s sword was pressed to her chin.

“Winner, Nyra Aros! The total between the two now stands at 27 to 84, Prif’s favor,” Nyra turned and faced the speaker, watching as her mother approached them with a mischievous smile on her face. Time, as it ever had and likely ever would, had been kind to the now century old dryad, and mother and daughter had been thought of as sisters by the goblins at first. “You are finally starting to catch up sweetling.”

“Mother!” Nyra’s cheeks flushed as several of those around her laughed, her goblin friend included. “Why must you tease me so!?”

“It is part of my duty, as you shall know eventually, I’m sure,” Asari smiled at her daughter before muttering a spell, a healing pulse of green magic surrounding Prif for a moment. “No matter, for now I would speak with you.”

“Of course!” Nyra was quick to follow her, waving briefly as she left. The duo approached the edge of the village, sitting upon rocks that had been gathered for that very purpose. “Something has happened with father, hasn’t it?”

“Yes, he has lost the ability to move his fingers in the proper ways to cast spells,” Asari’s face was grim, and tears shined at the edge of her eyes. “He is growing weaker by the hour, and I fear that even for his immortality he will succumb to time anyway.”

Nyra felt her own tears begin to form at the thought, the man who had shown her strength all throughout her life was growing old and frail. He was the strongest mage of their village and was the only reason that many of them had made it through sickness and famines that would have killed them. “How has he taken it?”

“As well as he takes anything, with that damned smile and assurances that everything will be alright,” tears truly began to fall from Asari’s eyes now as she let out a wet chuckle.

“It is okay mother, we will find a way to help him,” Nyra embraced her, holding her as tight as she safely could and holding her own corrosive tears back to keep from hurting her.

Mother and daughter held each other for a time, both of their thoughts on one of if not the most important men in their lives. It was only as a green soldier, one of the most loyal they had, approached them with news of a man approaching the village with a pair of elementals did they separate.

“Go mother, I will speak with him. Have the others prepare for a battle,” Nyra dried her tears and grimly prepared herself, ready to defend her home.
“Stay safe Sweetling, and come back to us no matter what,” Asari pressed a kiss to her daughter’s forehead before they separated, prepared for the worst.​

Kuro looked down upon his village, an impassionate look upon his face as he flew above it. The runes upon his arm flashing in the final dying remnants of flame, he slowly floated down to the village. All around him he watched as people ran, only a few stalwart souls able to stand the new aura that he produced. He strode forwards, passing the charred corpses that littered the area, and found the place where one of the many naga had been slain.

“Kuro, Kuro!” He felt another body impact his own, and it took all the iron willpower he possessed not to turn around and rip it to shreds.

“Asari, my love,” ‘YoUR BlooD WiLL StAin mY TaLonS’ Kuro felt for the first time one of his new urges try to break the surface, the words just barely being kept from spilling out of his mouth. “Thank the divine you are alive.”

“What happened? Is this the form that the mask gave you?” Immediately she began to inspect him, properly taking in the sight of his wings, his horns, all the changes that had occurred due to a single magical artifact.

“It is, I am a demon now, though not one of great power,” ‘I WiLl FeAST upOn YoUR SoUL’, Kuro brought his hands to her face and cupped it, staring into her eyes as he felt more and more of his humanity be attacked by his new nature. “I feel it though, the darkness, the urges, all the vile things that a demon has been said to do. I feel the thoughts at the edge of my mind, pushing me down the dark path they want me to tread. I don’t know how long I will be able to keep from succumbing to it.”

“We will find a way to fix this my love, no matter what,” And as tears began to fall from her eyes, Kuro could feel just a bit of the darkness fade. But, he knew it would not last, not for long.​

Actions
1. Attempt to reshape the Fire Pikes and Silver Ore into Weapons usable by the Aros Tribe (Metallurgy)
2. Gather rumors about the Elf who has now tricked Kuro Aros twice

Breakpoint
Give the Goblins up to save the village
Fight the Fire Mage

Ask for an extension on your answer

Leader

Kuro Aros
Race: Human (Mutated)
Keywords: Intelligent, Archmage, Leader
Traits: We Know These Woods- When fighting in the woods, force a reroll of an enemies successful Action. (Once per Game Turn)
I know Magic- Choose one level 1 Close Range Spell and cast it at Long Range
Magic: 5 Martial: 0
Army: 1 Technology: 1 Leadership: 1 Relics: 2 Fate Points: 1
Character Strength - Highly competent command of magic at all levels
Character Weakness - Immortality prevents death in any form, but does not prevent Kuro from ageing, eventually leading to him being little more than skin and bones that can't move as he ages

Familiar
Varos- Barn Owl

Lahara's Ward
Gain [Fey Presence] [Misty Escape]
Kuro is now immune to any and all forms of poison. Not only is he immune, but particularly powerful or deadly poisons will actually heal him.
Champions
Asari
[Martial 0/Magic 4] [Immortal]
My Tree, My Heart, My Home
When in their home region, Asari counts as being one spell level higher. [Meaning she is level 5 and can cast 3 level 6 spells while you are within the Crooked Forest]

Power of the Forest
Asari can cast 3 level 6 Spells from the Druid list an event.

The Tree Is Strong
The roots of the dryad tree have spread far, its bark is like iron and it stands to resist all enemies.. Love holds true, and so will it. The tree, itself, is immune to fire and sickness. It will never wither, it will never rot, it will never burn. So long as Kuro lives, so too does Asari's heart. Asari is no longer bound to the tree and may travel wherever she wishes. If she is slain, she will be reborn from the tree after a certain period of time. If Kuro falls, Asari and her tree will wither and die, unable to live alone. The duo may suspend all actions to cast a single spell together. If they do so, the spell will have much greater power. As they grow in magic, so to do does this grow in power.

While Asari is alive, gain D3 units of Dryad Wood a turn. Dryad Wood is stronger then any mundane wood and has natural magical properties.

Familiar
Farin - Barn Owl
Gain- Mud Witch
Martial 0 Magic 3
(Immortal)
Mud Golems
As a action, the Mud Witch can create 1d3+1 Mud Golems to help in battle (Usable Once a Turn)

Quick Mud
The Mud witch is capable of creating traps if mud-based quicksand to place in locations to trap her opponents.
Swamp Witch
Martial 0 Magic 4
(Immortal)
Summon Fishmen
As a action, the Swamp witch can summon 1d3+1 Fishmen from the depths of the Swamp to assist her in battle. (Usable Once a Turn)

Living Swamp
Her swamp domain gives her a +1 and her enemies a -1

Special Goods
Dryad Wood - 5 (+3) Units
Amber - 5 Units
Silver Ore - 17 (+5) Units
Gorgon Peppers - 2
Ice Pear - 1

Relics
Light Sword- A strange blade that forms out of Light from a small handle
Boots of Air- Boots capable of allowing limited flight
The MAYONNAISE Jug -This Pottery Jug can be magically compelled to fill with one of the below once a day. Once the jug starts producing, it can't produce a different one until the next day. The Jug has a 'maximum' of each thing it can create and will not make more of that until it is gone [The jug KNOWS]
Beer - 4 Units
Wine - 1 Unit
Honey - 1 Unit
Mayonnaise - A Disgusting Amount
Vinegar - 2 Units
Water, Fresh - 8 Units Worth
Water, Salt - 12 Units Worth
Shield of Thorns - If struck by a powerful blow, the holder can force its striker to feel the same suffering they do. BOTH of them will take the full damage of the attack. This ability can be used even if the holder would, normally, be killed outright by the blow.

Army
Forest Barbarians- 8 Forest Barbarians who wear Light Wooden Armor and wield Stone Hatchets. They strike hard and fast, giving in to blood rages that make them harder to take down
Green Soldiers- 30 (-14 +3) Green Soldiers, called such because they wear Green Foliage draped over their Heavy Stone Armor. They wield wooden Spears
Wolfpack- 30 Wolves that are loyal to you directly. They obey without question and are capable of PACK TACTICS

Population
27 (-9 +7)
(21 Human
6 Goblin)

Technology
Wood
Stone
Pigments
Writing (Cuneiform)
Astrology
Basic Metallurgy

wp4638414-autumn-japanese-lake-wallpapers.jpg

• 1696969223946.png
    1696969232415.png
    1696969318722.png
    1696969344654.png
    1696969351530.png
    1696969356617.png

The Trials of the Oracle
    [Section Theme] - Core of the Astral Sea - Pre-Turn 1

Inner discovery, inner peace. A spiritual destination, a culmination of self-awareness and study. The first step begins with self-acceptance, to look into clear waters and accept what you see. A difficult, long step. One that is done concurrently with the others. A journey within itself. For the acceptance of the self, is the truest trial. But, it eludes all for like the Astral Sea, it is not simple neither is it absolute. What may be true for one, may not be for another. To accept oneself, is to know oneself. To do so, requires confronting one's flaws without diminishing their colors, their individuality. A balance that can be hard to do. To balance passion with still. That is what inner peace means to the Mystics, to balance all the parts of one self together. But, each is different. Each person has their own path. One that they must travel alone, crossing with others on their path for some time. Most undertake their journey deep with the Astral Forest. Speaking with those further on the path, to provide guidance and help illuminate how to move forward. For the path ahead is never easy. To face one's greatest fears and flaws, to gaze into the mirror and face what lies there. Many run, many deny, many pretend. The Trials of the Oracle, the path to self-acceptance. How many and what they are is a study within a person, and identifying the trial stands paramount to progress. Titania knew all of these things.

Sketchpad in hand, she gazed in a holding dimension, at Trey in stasis. A blank space, devoid of anything. Trey himself had little, a basic spandex undergarment around his waist to cover his parts. Nothing more. Floating above the ground with his wrists tied together above his head with ropes made of light. Ethereal sensors reveal various lines, lights, and anomalies across Trey's body. Mainly in his chest and head, though there were notable projections in the hands and feet. Unconscious, snoozing with a trickle of saliva, Trey's eyes were closed and his body only occasionally shivering. Titania stepped through the dimensional lines in her fuzzy bear slippers, serpa black dress robe, and butterfly hair pin. A dress that would pass as pajamas and as an office dress with the strengths of both. Feeling the hairs on Trey's chest, Titania's hand massaged the glow found by the sensors, slowly relaxing it until it unfurled across Trey's torso. The clap of gothic boots accented the silence and Titania looked over her shoulder.
    1696969371373.png
    "Hey, something about him peak your curiosity? Bonding with him? Looks a little drooly for bonding."

White hair brushed off her face, Titania kept her hand on Trey's chest, moving in circles as if comforting him, "He misses his friends, his family, his world. He's lost everything. Thrusted into things he does not understand, despair runs rampant in his soul. Snuffing out the faint embers, a caligo remains. A deeper motion at play within. I want to understand better. Before he sees Ivan, I need to understand so that I may prepare his arrival. Ivan will cherish him."

Juliette sighed, "Its always about preparations isn't it? Can't you do something for anything else?"

"A single focus is good sister. To focus on one task, one goal."

"And what for Trey? To be our pet person?"

"I want him to succeed. And where he will do so will be with Ivan. I need to prepare so I can understand how." The emptiness changes, to a forest deep in autumn. A moon hangs over head. Sparks of light fall from the sky of all colors, a faint reminder that this was the Astral Sea. Titania yawned and walked out of the dimension. She sighed, sat down, and a phantasmal screen appeared. In an instant, Trey fumbled to the ground, coughing and gritting his teeth. Raking through his hair, Trey climbed to his feet slowly with a trickle of blood falling from his front lip, over his chin. Not from his mouth but seemingly he had coughed blood. Now, it spills from his mouth. Swaying, Trey collapses face first into the grass. Knees buckling as a house of cards. A series of moans echo out with arms shakily pushing Trey off the ground.

Crawling, falling face first multiple times, Trey leans up against a decaying stump. Chest heaving up and down, blood spilling from his mouth, skin tarnishing into grey; Trey leaned his head back and took a deep breath. With his little strength, he let out a scratchy yell, "Help! I'm dying here. Anyone?" Trey tried to lift his arms, but they refused every attempt. Another cough and more blood flooded up from his throat. Hands shaking, legs weighted as stones. "Fuck. Anyone?" He waited for a moment or so, then he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and relaxed. His hands feeling the grass beneath him.

Juliette dazed until now, looks over at Titania, "He is dying. He is literally resigning himself to his death."

Titania sipped a mug of tea, "Not all is as it seems sister. Even he is not aware of what resides inside him. He isn't dying. Oh no, his astral self is unfurling. I did not expect it, but I did feel it within him. Once he has recovered, I will run some basic combat tests. A prelude."

Juliette crossed her arms, "Dammit, I'm going in there to save him."

Titania held up her hand, "Watch, he will live. For great change to happen, you must reach a point of weakness for it to occur. This is Trey's time, and after it has passed, I will look inside of him. Watch Juli, he will make it." Juliette sighed, but she stood still and watched.
    1696969379760.png
    It would take minutes, but Trey's coughing slowly subsided, the blood flow stopped. Slowly, he got to his feet, wiping his mouth of his blood. He breathe heavily, leaning up against a tree. As he began to look around the canopy, Titania entered and walked up to him. Trey stood still and held his breath, a 'wow' passing through his face. Titania reaches out with her hand, pressing above Trey's heart. The network of glows returned, more pronounced. A silhouette of a fox rose from Trey's body with various lights mimicking stars forming constellations around him. Titania looked all around him with Trey in visible confusion.

"Interesting, they say that this shows who you truly are. A fox, a constellation. Astral, cunning, tricky; there is always more. The Solfren foxes, for which you are named after, influence this. Larger, stronger, infused with the strength of the wolf; the Freeze of the Frozen Jungle flowing through your veins. Impressive, muscular vascular development strong as well." Titania squeezed Trey's bicep in a scientific curiosity. Eventually, she realizes and takes her hand back. Trey grins.

"So, you were going to do some combat tests?"

Titania flustered, "Full of surprises aren't you? But, yes." The scene changes to an ancient arena, typical to that of ancient Rome, "Ready?"

Trey smiled, "Born Ready."
    1696969397356.png
    Titania returned to her seat, now embedded in the arena stands. Clean yet abandoned, Titania seemed to be the only one in attendance. She sipped her tea, pondering over a list. Beasts, demons, celestials; all collected data from across the worlds. But, what would be a good test? What should Titania place before Trey? She pondered, conversing with her notes on the convergence. No one knew exactly where it would occur. Well besides Ivan and Eric in some layer of their minds, then it was a maybe. Many variables, many levers to change and adjust; madness most would call it. But, Titania had statistics, regression models, and an understanding how things generally go. So, she consulted her calculations and her sight. And she found a variety of creatures that could appose the Astral Sea, demons were a definite. Practically everywhere, they were always a good choice. But, what sect? Titania had accounts of thousands. Each with their quirks, the call would be to which ones. A jester demon. As the idea popped in her head, she nodded and opened the catalogue. Why do the basic combat tests and other tests separately? Why not together?

Test ruffled his shoulders, looking over at Titania. Then, a pillar of smoke and the dark jester appeared. Trey lowered himself into a fighting stance, hands spread as if he had claws. His eyes meld into amethyst glows, lights vibrant with galactic color. Tendrils of lavender flowing and moving as energy travels through his body. A stark contrast to his cold, chrome, metallic eyes. His right arm, covered in black scorch marks left behind from his electrician work, lit up and the black scars of the past illuminated into an amethyst glow. Clearly darker and more saturated than Ivan's periwinkle glow, the resemblance uncanny and unquestionable. If there was any doubt in Titania's mind, there was none now. And as any doubt left, the fox roared to life, as a ghost covering Trey. Freezing skin, claws of energy, translucent body; Trey's breath froze the air. He looks towards the Jester and grins. The jester smiles, whisking itself around. Then suddenly, the arena went dark. Laughs and grants as the melee begins. Slides, swipes, thrusts; Titania used her sensors to keep track of Trey's status and position. The Jester demon started right into its games.

It was not long before the darkness faded and multiple sets of train tracks appeared. On one track, a phantasmal version of Trey in an electrician's uniform and another version wearing a beekeeper's uniform. A much younger version. From a time where he used to keep bees with his mother, Alexis Solfren. Trey glanced at each, then to the incoming trolleys on each track. The Jester appeared before him, yet Trey's fox eyes revealed it to be an illusion. Damaged, Trey wounded it quickly, though as he held his stomach, blood did come out. His skin freezing over to prevent bleeding. The wound closing slowly.

"Fucker. What you onto now? Wasting a lot of energy."
    1696969407865.png
    The Jester giggled, "Not all things may be conquered by blunt attacks. Choose. Choose Wisely." Two levers appeared before him, "Your profession or fond memories with your mother?" Trey looked bewildered at the situation. Anyone would be. The Jester gestured to each lever. Trey pulled the level on his memories. That trolley advances, the other disappears. As it crashes into the phantom, the memories fade and Trey shakes his head. Titania watched intently. The Jester was making things interesting.

She mumbled to herself, "It will exit its safety soon. Will its effects diminish your combat abilities? If you are to survive with Ivan, you must endure the insanity for which demons will present. Your pedigree with the Iysayil lends that you will do well, but it always good to test."

Trey closed his eye, letting his astral sight open. Behind, to the right, crouched; Trey focused and in an instant, he appeared above the Jester, blasting frost from his face. The Jester attempts to stand, but Trey swipes the demon's legs. Ice ravages around as other demons invisible around the Jester have their blood freeze. Only Titania could have demons in her possession and things not go sour. Of course, over countless encounters and eons with demons, Titania knows a thing or two. These goons supporting the jester come from the Outer Edge, the very edge of existence. Called Gemnsi, they come from gems that have been corrupted by Jinn Demons. The Jester happens to be a rare hybrid demon; a class of demon similar to the Thespian and Jinn demon. The Gemnsi attempt to claw at Trey, a couple climb on top of him as he slashes the Jester. They do minimal damage as layers of ice protect Trey's skin. A thrust of telekinetic force and they scatter like debris. Still, some blood spilled from his body. He slashed up the jester until it scattered into mist. Then, the darkness returned. Trey unleashed a pillar of ice, implanting an illusion of himself. A light comes from the ice, refracting in all directions making multiple illusions. Refracting to look doing various activities. The darkness receeds and the Jester again appears before Trey. The Gemni rush various illusions as the tracks show two new phantoms. On the right, Trey in his Engineering Corps Uniform of the Redfall Army. A robe with various cloth straps and armor plates to protect him. On the left, his dirty and scraped clothes in the apocalypse that followed once the Iysayil destabilized the government and army. The soldier, the survivor.

Which would Trey choose? Almost immediately, he choose the soldier. Yet, his footing trembled as the trolley passed by. Then, a series of archer demons appeared, wielding crossbows. Firing shots, Trey's electrical scar disappeared from his air. Forming like dust into a large field, the bolts form into illusions. And just as quickly, they reflected back towards the demons. Confusion, fear across their faces as their own bolts materialize and clash into their bodies. The Jester shrugged its shoulders as the archer demons flailed from their wounds. Draining of their vitality and shooting new illusions, they eventually faded into the background of the fight. The Gemni froze and flailed around. As it started, it returned. The Jester and Trey. The darkness appeared again immediately. And two new tracks appeared. A final set.

It was different this time. One, himself, as he is now. The other, someone he didn't recognize but he strangely knew. A warm feeling, like a long lost brother. Titania knew immediately, Ivan. A perceptive demon. What a choice. It seemed so obvious from the random stranger, but the Jester knew to tailor its experiences well. And learn Titania has. Now, it was an interesting choice, and the review of Trey's file irked in Titania's mind. She knew what he choose. And it was rather heartbreaking. Trey took his time, but eventually, he pulled the lever on himself, leaving Ivan on the tracks. And immediately as the Jester materialized, Trey sliced its head from it shoulders. The demon returning to its storage box that Titania made for it.

She sighed, "You know you are capable and skilled; you are not happy with how you are. Self-love. You don't love yourself. And while you don't know him yet, you love Ivan instinctually. His cycle allowing you to be as you are. You love him as you both were once together, and it gives you hope that he can help you. Change you. But, he won't change you Trey because I know he will love everything about you. He will be glad to have you, by his side." The arena fades as Titania prepares another test, but she makes a louge chair for Trey, letting him rest from his wounds. "Collect yourself, and when you are ready, we can start another."

Last edited:
Black Rock

BREAK POINT: Allow the Humans to Go Forth and Build a New Town (Alongside 10 Human Alchemists)

The Town is a success. It is a town for humans and by humans. While the humans all use the Monkie script that was the written language, they begin to develop their own dialect that is specifically their own. Apart from that of the Black Rock main tribe.

GAIN HUMAN SUBCULTURE- +1 to all non combat rolls involving humans

It is with creating their own traditions that they manage to make their own warrior caste as well. So that they will not be undefended from the dangers that exist in the wilderness.

UNLOCK HUMAN MACE-CARRIER

Gain Mace Carrier- Gain 10 Mace Carriers which are all humans that wield Heavy Stone Maces while wearing Light Stone Armor. GAIN GREATER ATTACK THE MORE OF THEM THEIR ARE.

Action 1: Build the Black Road

The Black Road is a HUGE Success. It becomes an intimidating force to outsiders, but an inspiring one for those of Black Rock and The Shifting Covenant. All outsiders traveling the road take a -1 penalty to all roads while traveling on it. All Black Rock or Shifting Covenant that travel along it, gain a +1 to all rolls while traveling on it.

Action 2: Melissa, Jojo, and 3 Human Alchemists attempt to use the Cryo Pods to preserve Champions.

The team manages to unlock the secrets of the Cryo Pod, but only possess enough Pods to allow 3 Champions to be inside at the time. Units placed inside gain IMMORTAL as long as they are inside the Pod. Once they come out, they continue to AGE as normal.

Glimmerhill Giants

BREAK POINT: Garetulka faces the challenge (Resolved in Discord)

Action 1: Moon Rock

The Giants grind away much of the outer casing of the Moon Rock to fill Graetulka’s wounds, but a dense metal seems to exist within and is then placed on the Altar in the Temple of Armok.

The people then begin to worship this Metal Rock as a GIFT OF THEIR GOD.

Graetulka gains +1 Magic.

The Glimmerhill clan gains RELIGIOUS FERVOR.

Religious Fervor- When Fighting against an opposing religion, all troops can a +1 in Combat

Action 2: Commune with Demon Corpse

The Demon is successfully antagonized, but not in a helpful way. In fact, it is only angered by Garetulka’s words. The people suffer a minor pox which decreases the population increase for the following turn. All pop gains are reduced by -2 for the next turn due to the disease.

The Immortal, Magnificent, and Powerful Lord Gloom, Regent of the Hells and Abyss, The Realm Thief, the Keeper of Mystical Records, and hundreds of other great titles...​

"Hahahahahaha, fuck yeah. My precious! My sweet baby!" Lord Gloom kept kissing the Crown of the Emerald God that he stole from the Godking as he flew away into wherever the heck he was flying to. What Godking? He has that big of a treasure horde and he's not even using it for himself. He's just hoarding it! Like, like, like a dragon! Yes, definitely like a dragon! A thought appeared in his mind which made his back trickle with sweat but then he quickly waved it off.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

"Hahahahaha, that shouldn't be the case... definitely not. He's just a stupid human king with a stupid big treasure horde like a stupid dragon.” Thinking back to that treasure horde, Lord Gloom's mouth salivated and his eyes shone with greed. It was so risky and he wasn't able to grab the Key of Eternity and the Jar of the Unlimited but he definitely grabbed the best of the three.

Lord Gloom was definitely happy but was also severely worried. He then spotted an inn in the distance. "An inn? Should I rob it? Or rob its guest? Meh, I think I've done enough robbing.... No, I haven't, but it doesn't hurt to check out what's interesting about it or if the people there has anything nice to trade. And I need one fucking good drink."

Order 1: Lord Gloom explores The Inn
Lord Gloom explores the inn. Before he does that, he casts a contingency spell that will trigger a non-detection spell if he’s about to be scried. (I request for inn exploration to be a scene)

Order 2: The Hidden Temple of Gloom
The cultists will create a hidden and secret Temple for Lord Gloom. Here, they worship Lord Gloom in all his mightiness, majesty, and grandness.

Lord Gloom will mark the temple as a 'Sanctuary' and bound to a Word of Recall spell.

Last edited:
Breakpoint Selected: 2

After hearing of this battle, Canute has decided to lead an expedition to attempt to end this fight by aiding one of the giants.
He will march out at the head of the army and, once arriving on the scene, he will assess the battle before deciding which side to join.

Action 1:

Naval training

After the fleet had its most recent expansion, Canute has decided to form a new 'branch' of the army, the Navy.
He has dedicated 1/6 of the current army to be trained to more efficient use the boats. He hopes that with this he will be able to use them more effectively and be able to quicker move around across the waters.

Action 2:

Securing the border

Seeing the relative ease with which threats are able to approach the bridge which marks the furthest extent that the Brothers have settled, Canute has decided to set up three outposts using the skeletal warriors that will be able to provide warning of any imminent threats.

The Shifting Covenant

BREAKPOINT: Dispatch a Hunting Party (To Be Resolved on Discord)

Free Action (Giving Population to Sky City)

Gain 5 Parade Floats

Parade Floats- Strange Metal craft that move on their own, but bring joy to those that are near with their brightly colored nature and fun sounds and songs.

Evolution of the Body: Dark Mage- Dark Mages gain Dark Tendrils that improve their magic. Gain +1 Magic

Action 1: Upgrade and Improve the Colosseum

The structure soon become a major landmark of the region, bringing in far off Stone Elves, humans and the odd drifter types.The Fighting becomes enormous and plentiful with many being injured or dead over the course of the years after its greater construction.

This brings great joy to the people. They love the Blood sport and in fact want it even bigger and bloodier than ever before. It is their destiny to FIGHT.

Gain new unit type: Gladiator Berserker

Gladiator Beserker- gain 5 Gladiator Beserkers. They wield Heavy Two handed Stone Clubs and wear NO ARMOR. But they are INCREDIBLY HARD TO PUT DOWN.

Action 2: Research and Study Evolutionary Powers to be more efficient.

Evolution is difficult to understand and even more difficult to pin down. As per their alliance with the slime, they are capable of great evolutionary feats, but they are unable to control it. Perhaps with this dedication to SCIENCE, they can do something about it.

Gain new unit type, Evolutionary Expert

Evolutionary Expert: Gain 1 Evolutionary Expert. They are spent to allow a single change to a unit

Slime Champion
Coco
Martial 2/ Magic 2
INVINCIBLE: Can only be defeated, but not killed in battle
Solid: Gains a +2 to Defense

The Aros Tribe

BREAK POINT: Ask for an Extension on your answer (Resolved on Discord)

Action 1: Attempt to reshape the Fire Pikes and Silver Ore into Weapons usable by the Aros Tribe

It takes some working, but it isn't too long before the Aros Tribe suddenly has new available weapons. The Silver Ore is turned into Swords and Hammers while the Fire Pikes were manipulated into Pikes that could cast low level fire magic from their tips. The Remaining Silver Ore was able to be further manipulated into Armor for a select few.

GREEN SOLDIERS BECOME MARTIAL 2. THEY CAN BE EQUIPPED WITH FIRE PIKES

Gain new unit Type-

The BLADES OF AROS- Gain 10 The Blades of Aros. they Wield either Silver Swords or Hammers and wear Silver Armor. They are LOYAL to Lord Aros and are made up of Goblins and Humans. CAN NOT BE SWAYED OR MANIPULATED TO BETRAY THEIR LORD

Action 2: Gather Rumors about the Elf who has now tricked Kuro Aros twice

Rumors of the Elf having turned up at the CrossRoads. He has been positively identified as being seen there.

The Tendua Tribe

BREAK POINT: Investigate

The investigation turned up many strange tracks that led out of their homeland and beyond.

It seems as though those that were kidnapped were taken into slavery in a nearby Bandits encampment near the edge of the swampland

Action 1: Vetall and his forces move to investigate the Ominous Tower (Resolved on Discord)

Action 2: Train 15 Pygmy Fighters to Combat the undead and necromancy

Pygmy Fighters gain +1 Damage against UNDEAD units

Lord Gloom

Action 1: Lord Gloom Explores the Inn (To be Resolved on Discord)

Action 2: The Temple is built in secret and well obscured from outsiders. (Others that do not know where it is will suffer a disadvantage to rolls in order to find it.)

Inside, their is a glorious effigy statue of Lord Gloom that is worshiped eagerly by his many followers. The Temple is the sanctuary to him and all of his followers. Word of Recall is bound to the temple for him to return there as long as no one manages to find and dispel the incantation.

At the inside entrance of the Sanctuary, there exist two Stone Statues that are secretly Golems that will fight any intruders that attempt to enter the Temple if they do not have permission to be there.

Brothers

BREAKPOINT: Aid one of the Giants (To be Resolved on Discord)

Action 1: Naval Training

A dedicated navy has been formed to actively work with their burgeoning fleet. This massive undertaking of training to have effective troops wielding the mighty power of the boats has gone well. It has increased the movement of their boats by +1 and given a +1 to all boat related rolls.

Action 2: Securing the Border

The Skeletal warriors set out to construct 3 outposts that can give an advance warning on those outsiders that would approach the bridge. However, they were just that…warriors and not builders. All in all, that had difficulty with such a task as while their fighting abilities were good, their construction skills were at best, sub par.

CHOICE:
Build a Singular Outpost of Good Quality
Build 3 Low Quality Outposts

TURN 7 UNLOCKED FOR MAP 1

BoN_Stone_Age_-_Astoria8-1.jpg

Major events unfolding during the 25 intervening years:

- In the Von Erich Mountains, a Demonic Keep appears.
- The Northern Forest holds the incrediblely popular Glimmerhill Tournaments on a regular basis.
- The Split gains two new nations: New Crystallian Republic to the NW and The Tower Evangelicals to the South.
- King's Desert has Kohtep's Rest be usurped politically and is now under control of a Trio of MummyLords. A thriving road built by the dwarves helps trade in the region.
- Misty Canyon, The Iron Keep's Wall is the perfect protection stolen from The Goliaths and repurposed. The Iron Lord waits for his opportunity.

Orpheus - Turn 7 - The Penitent
Sully-bloodborne-cosmic-eldritch-space-horror-tarot-horror-scar-b3b6bddd-7cca-4974-93a5-30f97840f291.png

When the sun and the moon share the same sky, darkness will sweep the land and there will be no discrimination between man or beast. All will fight for their eternal salvation against that which lurks in the void.
Orpheus

The people stood before Orpheus, a sea of followers who had joined the Penitent for a better future for all. However, what their leader was about to ask was their biggest challenge.

“My brothers, sisters…I have grave news. Our fears of the darkness from beyond are founded in truth. I have spoken with those who have fought it, their entire kingdoms reduced to little more than collective consciousness of walking dead to avoid falling to that which waits in the void.” He pauses for a moment, looking out across the forlorn faces of the men, women and children before him. Parents crouch to console young children, while others are blessed with a look of steeled defiance in the face of fear.

“We must prepare for what is to come…without a divine army the world will fall. This goes beyond nations…this goes beyond race…we must all stand together, shoulder to shoulder, to defeat the evil that would consume the world. All hands must contribute to the effort to ensure that once the threat comes, we are ready for it. Whether it is fighting with weapons, feeding our army, arming our warriors…everyone needs to do their part.”

He raises hands before the crowd and gestures towards them.

“The only way we survive is together. I will speak with our allies and warn them of the threats we all face and then after that...” he pauses, considering his next words. “...I will try to commune directly with the Divine.”

The crowd gasped in unison and knelt down in prayer, dropping to their knees like a tidal wave.

“I have grown in power in recent months and I now feel strong enough to be able to try and reach The Divine…I just hope that I can find it…”

As the crowd continued to pray Orpheus bowed before his people.

“I must now leave…my brothers, my sisters…I love each of you. The Holy Clerics will be in the town square for the next week, please visit them and tell them how you can help us against the darkness…” He feels a tear well in his eye as his followers begin to shout words of adoration towards him. “...I love you all…I will see you soon…”

Orpheus turns and leaves, entering the depths of the grand cathedral in Caerleon.

Several hours later, a large portal stands before Orpheus and his eight most loyal holy clerics. The magics around it crackled and hissed as reality itself was torn apart.

“We go where no mortal has gone before, we step through here to find The Divine and to seek its blessing directly. Threats come from all directions and we will be the sword that smites the darkness. Let us go.”

Orpheus and his honour guard enter the portal, their forms disappearing like a stone into water, the portal rippling with each person passing through it. As the last man stepped through, the portal collapsed in on itself almost instantly. The noise of reality breaking was soon replaced with silence…they had gone.

Actions Breakpoint: N/A

---

Movement: TBC

---

Action 1:

The Divine Army: Convert all population to units. Magically attuned people will be sent to the Healing Church to train as Holy Clerics regardless of race.

For non-magically attuned people, they will be split based on their race:

-Humans, Elves and Amazons will join the Fanatics.
-Giants will continue to specialise with their giant bows, using them both as siege weapons and anti-horde weapons.
-Werewolves will be given bronze armour and act as shock units, looking to break enemy formations and induce fear amongst their ranks.

Pop Numbers for Generation Purposes:

Human: 90
Giants: 45
Amazons: 29
Elves: 55
Werewolves: 28

Action 2:

With his new power, Orpheus will use Plane Shift along with his 8 best holy clerics and visit the plane of The Divine. He will seek counsel with The Divine itself. He will tell it that he has confirmation of The Song’s existence as a threat amongst others, and has also found a means to protect against it. He will then seek training/power/ascension to become a divine being for both him and his honour guard, to better help protect his people further.

The Penitent

Action 1:

The Divine Army: Convert all population to units. Magically attuned people will be sent to the Healing Church to train as Holy Clerics regardless of race.

For non-magically attuned people, they will be split based on their race:

-Humans, Elves and Amazons will join the Fanatics.
-Giants will continue to specialise with their giant bows, using them both as siege weapons and anti-horde weapons.
-Werewolves will be given bronze armour and act as shock units, looking to break enemy formations and induce fear amongst their ranks.

Pop Numbers for Generation Purposes:

Human: 90
Giants: 45
Amazons: 29
Elves: 55
Werewolves: 28

The population hears the cry of their divine leader. They will ALL take to the call.

All population becomes 0. If too many troops are lost in battle, it will cause MAJOR ramifications to your nation.

Gain: 174 Fanatics
45 Giant Bowmen
28 Werewolves

Action 2:

With his new power, Orpheus will use Plane Shift along with his 8 best holy clerics and visit the plane of The Divine. He will seek counsel with The Divine itself. He will tell it that he has confirmation of The Song’s existence as a threat amongst others, and has also found a means to protect against it. He will then seek training/power/ascension to become a divine being for both him and his honour guard, to better help protect his people further.

The small group plane shifts to the plane of The Divine. A white light surrounds them, seemingly blinding them, but only for a moment.

When they could see again, they find themselves at a divine golden gate with an angelic figure wearing Heavy armor standing out in front of it and a large, almost Neverending line of people waiting at the gate to be received.

He looks your group over at a distance, motioning you forward to the groan of the people in the line.

In a deep booming voice that reverberates from the Golden Armor, he says:

"You are expected by The Divine. Go inside."

The gate opens forward. (To be Resolved on Discord)

The Golden Order
Turn 7

1710460697888.png

A Call To Arms!

"Demons!" A fearful silence fell over the crow, almost as if the word had cast a spell upon the masses and left them no more than statues. Gathered around the base of the Tower of Stars, the High Priestess spoke to The Lady's flock with conviction and faith saturating her every word. "Our allies to the north have located demon armies and have called upon the alliance to aid in their destruction." Dread became a common expression within the crowd, but still the people listened attentively. "Be not afraid for, The Lady is with us! Our goddess has prepared us for this very battle! We are the world's shield and spear and by our Lady's grace we will rid the world of these pests!" The High Priestess yielded the stage to the general of Tikal's armies.

"Lady Tikal requires able woman and men for the fight ahead. We must shore up our numbers to be able to stand side by side with our allies. Now any volunteers step forward and receive The Lady's blessing."

A Ritual of Protection

Within the Holy Temple of Queenspear, the priestesses and devotees were gathered in a circle; incenses burned, bells and gongs rang out in a rhythmic sequence, and choral chanting could be heard all the throughout the jungle.
Atop the Tower of Stars the demi-goddess Tikal felt her body overflow with power, power gained from the prayer and worship of her people down below. Her golden aura bloomed even bright and more brilliant, turning the tower into a beacon. She slammed her hands to the floor and her divine power surged through the tower, traveling through the brick and wood to the earth. Her magic cascaded through the jungle, transforming the environment entirely and altering the jungle itself.

Actions:
- Train Golden Order Exorcists -
With Delilah's demon knowledge the Golden Order trains an elite unit of demon hunters outfitted with Copper gear.
(27x Beastmen, Copper.)

- Cast Spell: Druid's Grove -
Empowered by her followers, Tikal cast a permanent spell upon the entirety of the Jungle, making it a living fortress.
Trektek Trektek

The Golden Order

- Train Golden Order Exorcists -
With Delilah's demon knowledge the Golden Order trains an elite unit of demon hunters outfitted with Copper gear.
(27x Beastmen, Copper.)

The Golden Order Exorcists is to be the epitome of elites within The Golden Order. They are to fight Demons with the strongest type of equipment that The Ogun Alliance can muster.

As such, not everyone can become a member and make it through the grueling training.

And yet, through sure force of will and determination, almost every Beastman that applied themselves did.

Gain GO Exorcists- Gain 25 GO Exorcists. They wear Half Plate Copper Armor and wield HEAVY Copper Maces. Can Cast level 2 Cleric Spells

- Cast Spell: Druid's Grove -
Empowered by her followers, Tikal cast a permanent spell upon the entirety of the Jungle, making it a living fortress.

The Druids wanted to make the Jungle a veritable fortress to help keep others out. And in that, they succeeded. It is hard to get out. But it is also difficult to get in.

ALL UNITS BOTH ALLIED AND ENEMY THAT MOVE IN OR OUT HAVE TO USE AN EXTRA MOVEMENT TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE DENSE JUNGLE.

Enemies have a -1 to all rolls within the Jungle Borders.

THE GIANTS OF GLIMMER HILL

TURN 7

A NEW BEGINNING

Jok squinted in the setting sun, judging the distance between his position and his foes. They were watching him closely, waiting to see his next move. Giants didn't know the meaning of trepidation, but they have certainly figured out good-natured fear.

He took one step up the ridge.

Gree and Bhurt looked at in terror as their fate was one step closer to sealed. They leaned back a bit, legs unmoving as if rooted in place.

Himmel and Fir stayed in their positions in the valley, and relaxed a little, leaning on the nearby trees and breathing heavily. The sun was blocking their view, but the groaning of the earth underneath Jok's feet gave them some clue as to his direction.

"MIS-TAKE!"

Himmel heard the shout, they heard the CRUNCH of the stone and dirt come towards them, but by the time their eyes could focus it was too late. The last thing he noticed before landing flat on his back was the blown up skin of a boar heading right for his head at high speed.

"Tha's D, me think. Yer out, Himmie." A jovial voice said above him, as Jok grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him back to his feet.

"How come no go for Fir? Always throwing at Himmel, not very nice," Himmel grumbled, pulling a branch of a tree to scrape some mud from his back.

"Fir too quick. She dodge, you don't." Jok tried to play it off easy, but Himmel wasn't having it.

"Nor, me thinks you jus' don't wanna hit hur. Thinks you think she too pretty to throw cow at face."

"Yep," Jok said quietly, with a grin and a blush. As the rest caught up to them, he continued a bit louder: "Too pretty good at dodging to throw cow at face, yes. Forest SPUD too hard to aiming, maybe in desert better for hitting others. Yur face big target, anyways." This got a guffaw from Himmel as he passed the ball to Gree.

"Keep play, if you like. I got chief stuff to do."

Gree nodded without a word and smacked Bhurt with the cow, quickly turning the event into a brawl as Jok strode off towards Onan's Rock, thinking on his late mother's many words of wisdom. "Not good t'punch one you like in da mouth," Aike said to he and his sisters. "Same with throwings. Rude as pigs."

ACTION 1:
Jok got ideas tossing cows in many places: What if there was one place they toss cows in, that they could change up, make things fun? Asking the others (an optional step in Giant Hierarchy, but there's not point in doing something people don't like), they thought it sounded like good fun. The next several years they began work on a large training ground and stadium near the base of Onan's Rock, so that they can have a central place for sport and training mirroring the Forum above. (Wood, Stone, Pigments, [HUGE], [Friendly], Puzzling Stone (+1 to noncombat rolls).

ACTION 2: (Scene?)
Jok thought it would probably be a good idea to check out what the TOWER OF THE SUN was all about. Aike always told him wistfully that she never had a chance to enter, and there must be something neat inside. So he's gonna go with a small group to see what it's about. (Bringing Muzuq the Muddy, a Priest of ARMOK (duly cowed), a Grunkle Blood Weaver, and 5 Smartlings)

• CURRENT LEADER:

Name: Jok of the No Gods Clan

Martial 5 (6 with items)

Magic 1 (Druidic)

Strength: Star Player: Through friendly competition and extreme physical training, the best and brightest rise to the top! (Chance of heroes improving every turn (maybe 8+?))

Weakness: Pretty Dumb

Keywords: HUGE, QUICK, FRIENDLY

Equipment:
    -Crown of the Lost King (Can be worn as a Pinky Ring- Boosts a character up by 1 Martial. There might be a ghost attached to this.
    -Jekoby's Blade- A massive blade that can be used as a dagger by giants. Magical, grants a +1 to rolls I think
    -Crown of Thorns- Can summon 1d4 ancestral guardians once per scene or so.

Last edited:

- I -
The Stonekin
Misty Canyon Mountains - Turn VII

M9E0lOVCLy.jpg

~ Goromedes Earthmaker ~

Race
Stonekin

Keywords
[Relic-linked | Reconstituting | Wise]

Leader Pts
Martial 0 | Magic 6

Strength
~Enigmatic Interface~ May interact with Relics & command them without the usual requirements of use.

Weakness
~Central Locus~ Cannot personally stray too far from the [Metal Box of Creation].

Nation Stats
Army 3 | Technology 2 | Leadership 6 | Relics 4

Population
Stonekin 22 | ...

Structures
Tower of Brimstone | ...

Tech
Stone | Coal Mining | ...

Army
Warrior Heroes 1 | Rockmen Guardians 10 | Rockmen 30

Leadership
Tougher Than Average | We Control The Relics | You Are My Avatar | What The Maker Decides | Alpha & Omega | Warrior Forges

Relics
Bunker of Ancients | Metal Box of Creation | Tower of Brimstone | Golden Axe

- I -
AWAKEN

"It's strange how time can make a place shrink, make its strangeness ordinary."
~ unknown author ~

He had always wondered what millennia of rest would feel like. To sleep like there was no plan to ever wake again, playing the pharoah. In waxing, waning dreams he entertained notions of leaving his responsibilities behind, casting off his molten shackles of vigilance, to meld deeper into a neverending slumber of disjointed and disconnected memories. With the powers that had been, and those that were likely to be, who was to say any reality was more 'real' than the next? Who was to say, indeed...

Far below the Tower of Brimstone lay an ancient bunker, unbeknownst to all but one. In this underground complex was a small room, every surface lined with metal. Strange machines and panels of light hummed quietly, feeding huge cables into a shiny sarcophagus. There was an alerting chime and the front of the wall-set box crumbled to sand - revealing a man made of stone.

Seizing a violent breath in, Goromedes hacked a cough reflexively and stepped out into the room, his voice a grinding rumble, "Too much dreaming... Was that a psychosomatic cough?" He shook his head and turned his attention to the screens on the wall. From the readings it seemed the bunker had finally used up its remaining emergency power, ejecting Goro as it's last active facility shut down. As if on cue, the screens promptly powered down and the faint humming stopped.

"I suppose asking for eternity is too much after all..." Looking down at himself, he took a moment to inspect his body. It was entirely made of stone, shiny and polished, with impressively ornate detailing all over, "As it goes, if you want something done right."

Exiting the small room, Goro came to the main service hallway that led to the bunker's exit. Normally the massive metal gates were held open for its residents to visit the surface at their leisure, but now they remained resolutely closed. He made his way to the control panel and activated the doors. As they struggled to rumble open, a glint in the dim light caught Goro's eye. In a nearby crate there was a golden axe, laid in a cushioned case. As his hand drew near, the man of stone could feel a tingling sensation emanate from the weapon. Ah - he knew what this was. Picking it up, knowledge flooded into his mind as if mechanically unlocked: this was a powerful weapon, and getting struck by it was likely to paralyse.

Shouldering it for now, he continued out of the bunker's exit and made for the surface.

- II -
ACTIVATE

The tunnel spiraled up until he found himself stepping through a reinforced doorway into a great hall; beautiful paintings, carved-stone tapestries, tall chandeliered ceiling. Despite the rare materials present, everything else seemed to be mostly constructed with stone. To the left was a grand staircase that twisted up past the ceiling, to the right was another that twisted down. Carved in the far wall laid a wide-stretching scene, seemingly depicting the history of an ancient race. The pictures are worn with age, but it looks to be a group of humanoids who forged items of great power that helped them prosper for many ages before their souls all ascended to the heavens.

"Hmm... My memory falters. I must find the Box."

Proceeding up the stairs to the left, Goro passed many corridors and checkpoints until he reached a dead end. Placing his hand against the smooth stone, there was a faint rumbling and the wall slid to the side with a clockwork accompaniment. Inside was a simple stone room and a large metal box. Stopping just short of the grey cube, Goro ran his gaze across its immaculate surface with wistful recollection. This was by far one of the best Relics this place had to offer, one that Goro was particularly familiar with, "And we created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape..."

Laying a hand on its surface, bright light shot from Goro's eyes and mouth as powerful energies surged throughout the room.

- III -
ASCEND

And like before, the Stonekin walked the earth once more...

On a ridged platform near the base of the Tower of Brimstone, golems of stone stood lined up in evenly paced rows and divided by type. A dense fog obscured most of the surrounding terrain, but several hundred feet down were rolling plains with rocky outcroppings. Designated labourers had already set off to dig an underground network of near-surface tunnels that stonekin would use as housing. These were rockmen, soldiers of the stonekin people. Goro stood before them, inspecting their bodies and wondering if it was even right to refer to them as 'people'. He saw them as extensions of his mind, controlled by his intentions, and thus extensions of himself. They could certainly talk and think, but it felt more akin to conversing with one's subconscious in a dream. They had no individuality, no oneness separate from Goro himself.

He would have sighed, if his body even could, but this had always been as good as it was going to get. If he wanted more advanced workers, he would need more advanced resources, "It's time. You know what to do."

'Yes, my lord' was the unison reply, a dull chorus as each stonekin turned to embark on their tasks. Twenty rockmen immediately set out west for the Deep Tunnels, accompanied by five of their guardian variants. Making their way through the Western Maw, the largest of the tunnels, they secured the eastern ridge of the Misty Canyon and began building an outpost. As construction begins, the group formed two scout divisions: five rockmen led by a guardian each. One would go north deeper into the continent, while the other would explore south to see if the School of the Gifted still remained. The remaining rockmen would stand guard as more stonekin arrived to assist the project.

As his people moved to bring forth prosperity, Goro pondered what he could do to maximise the efficiency of the projects he sought to build in the future. For some strange reason, his mind felt clouded as if something were blocking him from ascertaining the exact machinations to his own knowledge. He would have to rediscover some things, perhaps it would remind him of times long passed too. Luckily, there was plenty of inspiration simply lying half-buried in the ground.

Goro felt a rueful smile play on his stony lips, and a chuckle escaped him, "From ruin to riches, right?"

Summary - Turn 7

• Free Action: Send an expedition into the [Bunker of Ancients]. They return with a [Golden Axe]. It only tingles when Goro touches it, but through his ~Enigmatic Interface~ he learns that it deals +1 damage and stuns those it strikes.
    (D10 / 8+ Save)
  • Movement/Action 1: Send the Rockmen through the Western Maw tunnel to create an outpost on the eastern ridge of the Misty Canyon. It will act as an intermediary as Rockmen scouts go north and south to scout the region. Southern scouts are to find the 'School of the Gifted'.
    [Resources: Stone, 20 Rockmen - 10 to be split between the north and south scouting parties and 10 to remain at the outpost, 5 Rockmen Guardians - 2 to be split between both scouting parties and 3 to remain at the outpost.]
  • Action 2: Observe nearby ruins for clues to superior research. Goro is unsatisfied with the quality of his Stonekin and their construction skills. He spends time figuring out how to program his Stonekin with the skills to build things better. (Looking for things like advanced construction, stoneworking, tools or architecture please! Also hoping this affects the outpost.)
    [Keywords: Relic-linked, Reconstituting, Wise, Bunker of Ancients, Metal Box of Creation, Tower of Brimstone, Stone, Coal Mining]

Last edited:
Turn 7 - The Zgaki Tribes - Map 2
Current leader: Sqwak Snailchoker
Population: 20 Zgak (+14 Zgak this turn)
Technology: Stone, Wood, Agriculture
Army: 15 Zgak Marauders, 10 Multiheaded Demon Leopards, 20 Planzards, 50 Zgak Peons (+11 this turn from "Our Numbers are Legion")

murlocs-dancing-joyfully-557818498.pngSwamp.png
Amidst the dense fog and lush vegetation of the southern Great Bog, the peace and quiet of the dangerous ecosystem found itself thoroughly disturbed. Scenes like these had become more and more common amongst the mangroves and razor-sharp ferns of the swamp, as the Zgaki tribes were growing faster than ever before and with their numbers exploding, so did their parties. The dense vegetation could only do so much to contain the noise caused by a raucous horde of amphibious creatures, small in stature but filled with energy. On the outskirts of their settlement - a wild hodgepodge of straw houts, treehouses and pile dwellings - intoxicated Zgaks tumbled through the rice fields, loosely propped up against one another while still singing in a slurred manner. All of them would engage in the ancient tradition of releaving oneself through all openings at once to fertilize the fields and quickly make room for more intoxicants, whilst regaining some sort of sobriety. Further into the settlement, the singing would have been much clearer, if it wasn't for multiple groups attempting different songs at once, all accompanied by several disorganized groups of musicians hammering their instruments. The Zgaks displayed great creativity when it came to functioning everything and anything into musical instruments and if one lingered at one place, the rhythms would suddenly become much clearer and the pursuit of Mee-Tok soon washed away all inhibitions.

On one side of the settlement, a large crowd had gathered to dance around a fire, all holding hands as they danced around the pyre whilst joyfully singing about a cockroach in desperate need of marijuana. Towards the more swampy side, colorful bogflies had been captured in nets and their escape attempts caused their abdomen to flicker, adding to the already funky lighting supplied by torches, bioluminescent mushrooms and the Zgak trapping swamp gases in the bladders of enormous swamp toads, the ensuing explosion providing a short but intense visual effect. Towards the centre, the crowd was entirely entranced by their dances, as music from all sides blared towards them, every Zgak gleefully shaking away. The more foresty side was slightly quieter, if only for the reason that the Zgak didn't feel the vibe of it today. And right in the middle of the festivities Sqwak Snailchoker, great shaman of Xee-Loo and Mee-Tok, was throning on a wonky high chair, waving to the crowd as he showed off by throwing little magical explosions right over the crowd, causing many Ooohs and Aaaahs before the dancing inevitably resumed. Sqwak himself had already done his fair share of dancing and was now taking deep drags from an unnecessarily elaborate pipe, his eyes rolling back as he passed out for a short moment each time. When he regained his senses this time, a familiar face was staring right at him.

"Yom'amaa, blessed be all toes you lick!", he joyfully greeted the yellow-eyed priestess, whose added weight caused the high chair to swivel precariously. "Have the Peons run out off rice wine?", he jokingly asked, but she shook her head. "No, it is much more severe! You haven't danced with me yet, that means very bad Mee-Tok for seven minutes!", she laughed and as Sqwak joined, the high chair finally collapsed in itself, sending both Zgak falling to the ground, where they laughed even harder. "Where is Kag-Offony, by the way?", Sqwak asked as he stumbled upright, immediately starting to join the dance with the priestess. "What?!", she tried to yell over the noise, which reminded the shaman as to where their tribes greatest and loudest warrior would be - at the core of the loudest group of musicians. Not in any hurry, the two merrily danced their way through the crowds, until they spied the notorious loudmouth. Kag-Offony was going absolutely mental, beating a large drum with a set of maracas whilst singing in the only way a Zgak knew how - at the top of their lungs. Sqwak smiled and waved excitedly, causing the great warrior to jump on top of his drums and showing off a step-dance routine before the spirit of Xee-Loo possessed him for a brief moment. With dilated pupils, brilliance struck young Kag and he jumped from his drums towards the dancing crowd, thus inventing the stage dive.
A sea of ecstatic Zgaki hands carried him towards Sqwak, until he was unceremoniously dumped to the ground in front of them. "Reckon I got a bigger cock than you now.", Kag-Offony bragged after Sqwak pulled him to his feet, causing all around to laugh wildly. This included the shaman and they both danced with Yom'amaa until they somehow stumbled their way next to a group of Zgaki roasting a big thing of meat on a spit. This time, it was Sqwak who got struck by Xee-Loo. "You know what? Fuck you, Kag. I will have the biggest cock the Zgak ever witnessed.", he boldly announced before stumbling towards the part of the swamp where the Demon Leopards prowled. Kag and Yom looked at each other for a moment, before shrugging and joining the massive conga line forming elsewhere, unaware of Sqwaks plan to tame some swamp-dwelling cockatrice, as he knew even this species would benefit from Zgaki presence. The Leopards had long been their hunting companions, as the Zgaks could help encircle foes and their abundant noise scared off other predators who would otherwise compete with them. The mysterious Planzards were even more friendly to the Zgak, living among their settlements high in the tree tops, because the Zgak would clean off parasites and provide them with enough opportunities to claim carrion. Sqwak estimated, that the cockatrices could learn similiar behaviours, if kept around long enough by magical means.

TheNightwalker.PNGTheBasilisk.PNG

Action 1: Sqwak Snailchoker, using the Multi-Headed Demon Leopards for tracking, will attempt to add cockatrice(s) to the Zgaki army by establishing a new symbiotic relationship or - if that fails - using his magical prowess.
(Magic 6; Beastcaller - Bonus when summoning into battle or establishing new symbiotic relationships; The Swamp is our home - +2 bonus to all rolls when in your swamp; Boots of Flight; Bracers of Wonder)

Action 2: Heroes Kag-Offony and Yom'amaa will scout the surrounding area for points of interest and possible threats, finishing their mission at the southern-most tip of the Great Bog to establish an outpost near the bridge towards the Great Forest.
(Supported by 30 Zgak Peons, 10 Planzards)

The Zgaki Tribes

Action 1: Sqwak Snailchoker, using the Multi-Headed Demon Leopards for tracking, will attempt to add cockatrice(s) to the Zgaki army by establishing a new symbiotic relationship or - if that fails - using his magical prowess.
(Magic 6; Beastcaller - Bonus when summoning into battle or establishing new symbiotic relationships; The Swamp is our home - +2 bonus to all rolls when in your swamp; Boots of Flight; Bracers of Wonder)

It takes some doing to get the job done. First, there was some name calling, then some poking and prodigy. And then last but not least, when all else failed, a big ol pile of meat helped seal the deal.

After that, it wasn't that much to do for them to be “domesticated” by Squwak.

Gain 5 Cockatrices

Cockatrices- Powerful large bird like creatures that can kill others by petrifying them with their special breath weapon.

Action 2: Heroes Kag-Offony and Yom'amaa will scout the surrounding area for points of interest and possible threats, finishing their mission at the southern-most tip of the Great Bog to establish an outpost near the bridge towards the Great Forest.
(Supported by 30 Zgak Peons, 10 Planzards)

Points on interest that were discovered:

A large settlement of humanoid people that have plants growing on them called The Daeva, a large group of Human Bandits in a fort, A strange Shaman living in seclusion, An Ice Bridge that leads down to a series of Islands, A cave that is said to belong to The One Who Breathes, and a small tribe of kobolds. ((You may interact with one of these on Discord for turn. All exist can be be interacted with at other turns.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back