• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy BoN: Stone Age

The Mystics
1688182746300.png

1. Construct Structure: Meditation Hall​

The Stone and Earthen structure was built with one thing in mind, the peace and quiet for meditation. And with that in their thoughts, it went off without a hitch. It was soon enough that those that entered managed to feel even more enlightened than before they had gone in. With inner peace achieved, they were able to reach further and deeper inside themselves and improve.

All mystics that have psionic magic increase by 1.
  1. Construct Structure: Astral Wisp Chamber​

The Clay Birds animated by the ASTRAL WISPS allow greater speed of communication through the territory. As well as providing a +1 to scouting and a +1 to initiative in battle.

Break Point (Resolved on Discord)​

The Moonsworn

1688182844936.png

Break Point:
Teach the Humans their written language to have them become workers for the cause in exchange for protection.

The humans take to the written language like sponges. Something about them was filled with a sense of wonder to learn and grow. It isn’t long before they are working in the mines alongside the golems, digging ditches and latrines and even assist in the construction of structures.

Gain Human Population of 30. This will grow separately every turn at 1d10+1

Gain 2 Human Foremen
  1. King Izgil will march North into the GreenskinLands to seek and claim the Skystone with his forces. (Resolved on Discord)​
  1. Build the Great Warrens to house the new human population, Dawi Izgil and future pilgrims in well made stone homes and quarters.​

The humans had never lived so well before. They are enamored by the stone craftsmanship and happy to be so well provided for. It isn’t long before they are chanting the prayers and distributing the religion of the Moonsworn throughout the others.

WORD HAS BEGUN TO BE SPREAD TO OTHER CLAN SETTLEMENTS THROUGHOUT THE CONTINENT OF THE GENEROSITY OF THE MOONSWORN​

Brothers

1688182938261.png

Breakpoint 2 (Resolved on Discord)

Action 1: The expansion of The Navy

Six more rafts have been completed at their makeshift docks. These ones even now have built in fishing rods, which are just thick sticks with small pieces of vines. But it will do the job to help assist in the fishing operations.For each 2 Population you use, you’ll gain +1 Fish every turn. This can help build up your food stores in times of need, or even trade goods with others.

Action 2: Training of the military

12 of the Rabble Rousers take to the training and become Holy Soldiers. The other 8 seem to get somewhat of a grasp on the education and become- Holy Rabble- When fighting alongside Holy Warriors, gain an additional +1 to the other bonuses when fighting alongside more Rabble Rousers.​

Valora

1688183033416.png

Break Point- (Resolved on Discord)
  1. Attempt to Figure out fish farming with assistance from the druids.​

Using the druids to help, it isn’t long before they manage to set up fish farms by the knowledge of which locations that they swim in so that they stay free ranged. Gain resources FISH and CRAB
  1. Offer to Exchange Skills with the Human Residents​

The humans on the island are eager to exchange skills with their savors once more. They teach them the proper ways to build a boat. GAIN ACCESS TO WAKA AMA (Outrigger Canoes)​

The Quiet Grove

1688183622820.png

Break Point- (Being Resolved on Discord)
  1. Send Sir Mertyn with some ducks to scout out Ashurst and find out any threats or worries and generally gain information.​

Sir Mertyn discovers some very interesting information. It seems that the ‘Hurty Men’ ran a very profitable circus act/ freak show where they have all manner of strange creatures and animals. They treat them poorly, keep them in small cages and generally beat them to get them to do things for those who pay to see the acts.

Its most horrendous.

Outside of that, Ashurst seems normal enough. Though its obvious that some life much better lives than others. It seems to be a very large town and one that has access to the Ocean. It even seems that they have a fleet of ships of all kinds of sizes.

1. Construct a festival ground in the Quiet Grove to facilitate bigger and better festivals every year.​

The Festival grow is constructed quite quickly and with great precision and care. Making sure that there is a festival every year brings great joy to the animals. INCREASE HAPPINESS BONUS BY +1​

6N05hVT.png

BGM

Leader
BlackRock
Race: Old World Obelisk
Keywords: Inspiring, Ominous, Unbreakable
Martial/ Magic: 3 Martial
Character Strength: The Black Rock has stood for countless lifetimes, and will remain for countless more. (Starts with a regenerating save.)
Character Weakness: Watching and waiting for those who seek its wisdom, the Black Rock remains constant in its vigil. (Cannot move or attack)

Leadership
Monkey Madness- In the first round of a battle, all units do extra damage.
More Technology, More Power- When you use higher technology based units, you can reroll a failed attack once per battle.
It Will Be A Wasteland- When you attack an enemies lands, they'll lose 3d10 population.

Army
Champions
Mighty Jo Young
Martial 3 Magic 0
Connection to the BlackRock- If this champion survives until a natural death, his lineage is guarantied to produce Champions that will grow progressively stronger over time due to this connection with the BlackRock.
Lead by Example- When charging into battle at the front, becomes a Martial 4 and gives his troops a +1 to attack.

Weapon: Heavy Stone Club
Armor: Heavy Stone Armor

Units
5 Monkey Warriors

Monkey Warriors that wield Heavy Stone Axes and wear Heavy Stone Armor. Capable of Pack Tactics
17 Monkey Battalions
Monkey Battalions wearing Light Stone Armor and wielding a stone tipped Spear and Heavy Wooden Shield. Capable of Pack Tactics.
2 Battle Wagons
Capable of throwing large rocks a great distance very hard and easy to operate. Covered in spikes with the front shaped like a large skull and painted Red, since everyone knows that Red Things move faster.

Ranged Boulder Attacks
Fear(1)

Technology
Wood
Stone
Pigmentation
Wheel
Cuneiform

Relics
Copper Club
Might be more to it..

Population

tumblr_p586eaCcYJ1wzw0ebo1_1280.gif

Astoria
Turn 2

The Blackrock stared into a pit as cold and dark as itself, as the first of it's 'people' neared the massive Void that almost separated them from the rest of the continent. With primitive trepidation, some of the vanguard slowed their march as the chasm loomed closer, but with Jo at their head and the Battle Wagons rolling unerringly forward at the rear, the Monolith held no such doubt.

From savagery they had been ascended, and soon these primitive feeling's that his followers felt would be transcended in the light of their technology. Plagued for a generation with the chatter about an unseen predator of the Wastes, the Monolith's march of progress would quell the irrationality and fear of the Troop's ancestral heritage.

Through the BlackRock the races of Astoria would be uplifted into so much more. And for those that resisted the ascension..

The Obelisk moved an unseen eye towards the array of tiny houses, and even smaller beings, that shared the Wastes with them. The Sun glinted over the BlackRock's towering frame.

....A purge.

With a scientific curiosity, the Old World Obelisk wondered on what side this community of children would fall?

Actions
1. Train New Unit with Technology (Pigmentation) (Wood/Stone used) (Inspiring Keyword used) (20 Population used)
2. Explore the Void

BREAK POINT:
  1. Talk them into joining with the Blackrock Troop
  2. Fight them and claim the survivors as slaves to the Troop
  3. Set up Trade with the Child Community
(Offers of protection and technology will be used as incentives)

Last edited:

The Glimmerhill Giants​

Near the peak of Onan's Rock, Wroggi sat and chewed on a tree branch, looking out towards the smoke rising from Woodmere. Small Ogdan and Wee Raskil were playing at his feet, too young to be bothered with the landmarks he had brought them up here to see.

Vrizz approached, as she had many times before, to report on the ongoing efforts of the weewards in destroying their peace and quiet. "Wroggi, great chief, they keep cutting and burning. We told them to slow, be one with the herds, but they do not listen. At this rate, there may be no beasts left in the wood come death. "

Wroggi sat back, taking this in. It certainly was much quieter these days, as the sounds of beasts and birds from the west grew muted. The rapid growth of the settlement was started by them, sure, but he assumed the weewards would grow content once they had somewhere to sleep and fine foods. Wroggi was shocked to find that the more they had, the more they bit into the earth and wood, the more they scoured the land for flesh to eat, the more they struck out, trampling the hunting grounds and walking paths his tribe had been using for as long as they'd remembered.

He looked to his children, budding mudlets without a care in the world as of yet. When they grow to care, will the greed of the wee ones be what they ought to worry about? To that question, he knew the answer.

"Perhaps we knock them down them down a bit," Wroggi eventually said. "Them as gets up can join the tribe should they behave. Them as don't behave get knocked down harder."

"Aye, I'll gather the clan. We'll make short work of tiny skulls," Vrizz said, turning from the chief, a vindictive smile upon her face.

The battle will be joined at dawn, the sun rising over Onan's Rock signalling the March of the Giants, and, if all goes well, the burning of Woodmere.

BREAKPOINT:

It seemed as though their goal was to continue to grow and expand, with or without the approval of the Giants. Would the Giants allow this growth to continue? Or would they put a stop to it, once and for all?

BREAK POINT:
  1. Ignore the Bandits
  2. Tax the Bandits (Get more cool items) in exchange for the continued logging
  3. Fight the Bandits (This has gone on long enough)

The giants will march on Woodmere, tired of their endless encroachment. The full army (minus 20 slop) is streaming into the woods, and marching as the sun rises over Onan's Rock. Wroggi is wielding the Flamer, and bears the Crown of the Lost King and the Bracelet of the Gods. The Giant's Toothpick, after a brief altercation, is wielded by Kurlap, his long trollish arms lends wide swings to the bloodletting blade.

ACTIONS:

1. The Giants will train more Marauders for the coming fight.
2. The Giants will try to steward the balance of the ecosystem in the wake of the bandit's growing appetites and learn about the natural world around them, forming a RANGER'S REST near the base of the mountains.
3. (Free Action) War Paint will be provided to the Grungle Grunks for the upcoming battle.

• Name: Wroggi Tuskfire

Race: Giant (Stone)
    Keywords: Huge, Strong, Cursed

Stat points:
    Martial: 4 (Base 3)
    Magic: 0
    Army: 3
    Technology: 0 (Wood, Stone, Pink Goop)
    Leadership: 1
    Relics: 1

Character Strength: Herder (bountiful food)
    Character Weakness: Small Minded (does not think outside the box)

Equipment:
    -Crown of the Lost King (Can be worn as a Pinky Ring- Boosts a character up by 1 Martial. There might be a ghost attached to this.
    -Giant's Toothpick- A Solid Stone Sword that is etched with Glowing Runes. Currently stained in Dark Red Blood.
    -Bracelet of The God's (Can be worn as an ear Piercing) Allow up to 2 full rerolls. After that, it breaks.

Last edited:
Kuro.jpg

The Aros Tribe

Laetalos, 2 AF (After Forming)

Kuro observed the Dryad, sitting atop the tree home that he had claimed as his own. She had been seen commonly around the growing village for only a week now, and yet already she has become one with the community. The children loved her, the people felt safe, and him? He felt drawn to her, to her beauty, to her power, to her. Perhaps it was simply his imagination, she was, after all, the only other person within the Tribe who had the same command of magic that he had. Whatever it was though, he knew that he wished to learn more about her.

"Kuro, think fast!" The mage barely had time to look up before he was hit in the face by a ball of water. Ad he wiped the liquid from his eyes he heard the laughter of the children and a high, tinkling laughter that could only be Asari's. With a mischievous grin the young mage took control of water for himself, launching it back to cover the entire group. With a laugh of his own he used his boots of air to launch himself to the ground, joining in the game that they had now started.​

4 AF

She still wouldn't leave his thoughts, even after having been within the village for two years. He thought of her constantly, of her hair, her face, her laugh, her voice, all that was her. He knew, he was smitten with her. He wished to constantly be near her, to spend as much time as he could talking to her and to hear her perspective on all that he saw. And yet, he refused to act. To tell her how he felt, to pursue and court her. For she was an immortal, one who would never die for as long as she lived. She would live as long as her tree was not destroyed, as long as it was protected. And so that was what he would do, he would protect it for as long as he lived and would ensure it would be protected long after that. It would become the responsibility of those who he called family and of the Aros Tribe.

"Kuro! Stop brooding and come give me some help with the new houses!" Kuro looked down from his perch, having taken to sitting in the boughs of his home tree in recent months, and smiled.

"I am coming Asari, I know not why you ask for my help though, my singing sounds as if it is a dying beast when compared to yours," Kuro smiled as the joke made her laugh, allowing her to lead him to their newest job.​

17 AF

Swearing to himself, Kuro ducked under the bolt of flames, allowing them to slam into the rock face behind them. A quick response of a latching vine was countered by a blast of pure magic, only to be countered itself by a launched ball of frost. A lull in the fighting came after the last spell, the duo of mages both panting heavily as they stared the other down.

"Tell me Kuro, why have you not asked to court me yet," Kuro sucked in a breath and stiffened at the question, being caught off guard as Asari charged him. It was but a moment after she had spoken that he found himself wrapped in vines and being held in place.

"Asari-"

"No, Kuro. You have been staring at me for over a decade, I'm not blind. Why do you refuse to ask?" The dryad glared at him, a nervous tension about her.

Kuro sighs and closes his eyes, growing limp in the prison of vines. "I am afraid to. You are immortal Asaria, and I am but a human. I would not presume you would wish to be with me since I will die long before you do. I refu-"

Kuro's eyes shot wide as he was cut off, finding that the Dryad who had claimed his heart was kissing him deeply. His eyes slowly closed again and he knew, she didn't care.​

20 AF

Kuro looked around nervously, standing upon the cliff far above the forest. Visible to him was the soon to be setting sun, the bounds of the forest, and even the village. It truly was a beautiful spot to be, and he felt nervous about the fact that his beloved would soon join him there.

"Kuro! There you are, I had to have Varos show me the way here!" Kuro turned to the voice, his breath hitching at the sight of his beloved dressed in a regal dress of leaves. Atop her shoulders were the duo of barn owls that they had summoned as their familiars, the pair mated for life in the feywilds and now here. "Why did you call me all the way out here instead of joining in with the spring festival with the others?"

"Come my love, take in the view for a time first before we speak," Kuro gestured to the cliff face, turning once more to look out upon the view. As Asari joined and leaned into his arm he began to smile, the expression only growing as the sun began to grow low in the horizon. As the world was alit in the golden rays, he turned to her and dropped to a single knee. "Asari, you who have claimed my heart. I know that I love you and that you love me. I treasure your presence every day and find my thoughts always have you in them. For this, and for the thousand other reasons I love you, I ask, will you become mine for all eternity? Till the stars do fall and the sun does die? Till the forests and mountains of this world crumble into naught but dust? I ask you, will you marry me?" Kuro lifts a beautiful wooden amulet to her, the pendant carved into the shape of her tree by his very hands and inlaid with gold that had been created by his magic.

"Yes!" Asari, overcome with emotions, began to cry. Reaching down and pulling him to his feet, she embraced him, holding him tightly. "Yes! Yes! I will be yours, and you will be mine! For as long as I may live!"

With a childish and excited grin Kuro wrapped the amulet around her neck, barely having gotten it settled before he was pulled into a deep kiss. As the couple kissed, framed by the setting sun, their familiars began to fly a dance around them, and the village knew that good things had come to pass.​

Actions

1. Begin attempting to develop a system of characters to pass on stories (Writing)
2. Attempt to resolve the fight between the Mud Witch and the Swamp Witch

Breakpoint
Track down and fight the bandits
Ignore the Trader

Track down and attempt to talk to the bandits

Leader

Kuro Aros
Race: Human (Mutated)
Keywords: Intelligent, Archmage, Leader
Traits:We Know These Woods- When fighting in the woods, force a reroll of an enemies successful Action. (Once per Game Turn)
I know Magic- Choose one level 1 Close Range Spell and cast it at Long Range
Magic: 3 Martial: 0
Army: 1 Technology: 1 Leadership: 1 Relics: 2
Character Strength - Highly competent command of magic at all levels
Character Weakness - Immortality prevents death in any form, but does not prevent Kuro from ageing, eventually leading to him being little more than skin and bones that can't move as he ages

Lahara's Ward
Gain [Fey Presence] [Misty Escape]
Kuro is now immune to any and all forms of poison. Not only is he immune, but particularly powerful or deadly poisons will actually heal him.
Champions
Asari
[Martial 0/Magic 3] [Immortal]
My Tree, My Heart, My Home
Asari cannot be gone from her tree for long. Every turn that ends, and she is not at her tree, her magic level will drop by 1. If it reaches 0, she will die. It may be possible to find a solution to this... eventually.

Power of the Forest
Asari can cast 3 level 4 Spells from the Druid list an event.

If the tree is strong, and she is happy, you will flourish
So long as the village respects the forest and its ways, cherishes nature and Asari is 'happy'

While Asari is alive, gain D3 units of Dryad Wood a turn. Dryad Wood is stronger then any mundane wood and has natural magical properties.

Special Goods
Dryad Wood - 3 Units
Amber - 5 units

Relics
Light Sword- A strange blade that forms out of Light from a small handle
Boots of Air- Boots capable of allowing limited flight
The MAYONNAISE Jug -This Pottery Jug can be magically compelled to fill with one of the below once a day. Once the jug starts producing, it can't produce a different one until the next day. The Jug has a 'maximum' of each thing it can create and will not make more of that until it is gone [The jug KNOWS]
Beer - 4 Units
Wine - 1 Unit
Honey - 1 Unit
Mayonnaise - A Disgusting Amount
Vinegar - 2 Units
Water, Fresh - 8 Units Worth
Water, Salt - 12 Units Worth

Army
Forest Barbarians- 5 Forest Barbarians who wear Light Wooden Armor and wield Stone Hatchets. They strike hard and fast, giving in to blood rages that make them harder to take down
Green Soldiers- 26 (+6) Green Soldiers, called such because they wear Green Foliage draped over their Heavy Stone Armor. They wield wooden Spears
Wolfpack- 30 Wolves that are loyal to you directly. They obey without question and are capable of PACK TACTICS

Population
17 (+7)

Technology
Wood
Stone
Pigments

ee41836a187707e91e73ae9c7b533d3f6a29f0e3.gif

coollogo-com-78161914.png

Vokar
Name:
Vokar
Race:
Human (Pygmy)
Keywords:
Mythical, Medium, Martyr
Martial:
Magic:
Character Strength:
Vokar has made a pact with Bagheeret, the Panther Demon, granting him, and each of his heirs, the strength, speed and senses of Bagheeret's totem; the Shadow Panther.
Character Weakness:
In exchange, Vokar has forfeited his soul to Bagheeret, forever tainting his blood with demonic energies.
Leadership
Animal Handlers: Tendua gain a bonus to capturing/training new animals.
One with the Greenery: All troops gain a passive bonus to stealth when in Forests or Jungles.
Tendua Fighting Culture: Gain a Pygmy Champion every turn.
Plentiful Wood: When using wood to build, can gain additional building bonuses.
Army
5x Stealth Panthers: Stealth Panthers gain a large attack bonus when attacking from Stealth or the shadows.
10x Pygmy Fighters: Pygmy Fighters wear Heavy Wooden Armor with Poison Tipped Wooden Spears. POISONS LIVING ENEMIES.
Pygmy Champion - TuLo
Stats
Martial 3 Magic 0
Skill(s):
Hold My Head Up High- Gain a +1 to damage when fighting head on in battle
Make them Run- When causing Fear in an Enemy, cause them to flee to another Region
Weapon:
Heavy Stone Spear
Armor:
Light Wooden Armor
Gained Champion - Muskaan
[Repeating Cycles]
Muskaan does 'age' but he doesn't 'die of old age'. He starts off as a child [turn 1], then becomes an adult [turn 2], then middle aged [turn 3] before finally becoming an elder [turn 4]. After elder, his life will *restart* in child and he will lose all his memories. [So child again on turn 5].
Stats
Child - Martial 1/Magic 0
Adult - Martial 3/Magic 0
Middle Aged - Martial 2/Magic 1
Elder - Martial 0/Magic 3

Skill(s)
Power of Ages - Everytime Muskaan's life cycle restarts, add +1 to either Martial or Magic. This is permanent. [So at turn 5, if you gave him +1 martial, he'd be Martial 2 as Child, Martial 4 as Adult, Martial 3 as Middle Aged, Martial 1 as Elder.] If the RP goes long enough, it is possible for him to become Martial 10/Magic 10
Golden Bracelet - When Muskaan was still a child, one of his bracers grew too large and slipped off his wrist. He gave it to Vokar, who he saw as his father, as a gift. Both Muskaan *and* Vokar benefit. When the duo fight side by side, they may add either +1 Martial or +1 Magic for the scene. [You may split it, so Vokar can have +1 Martial and Muskaan +1 Magic, or give them both magic, whatever. You can change this buff between scenes]. This has no effect if the bracelets are split. When Vokar passes away, Vokar's heir, the new Demon Panther, will gain this effect.
Monkey Kung Fu - Muskaan has a prehensile tail, as such, he may equip *three* melee items [Can wield three swords, two swords and a shield, etc]
Relics
Shadow Vestment of Assassination: A vestment that is coloured a dark purple. It renders the wearer invisible as long as it is being worn.
Technology
Wood
Stone
Pigments
Salves/Tonics
(ALL TENDUA TRIBESMEN GAIN A BONUS AGAINST DEATH SAVES AS WELL AS DISEASE)

Population
Commodity
Meat
The passage of time had marked Vokar's face with the lines of experience, his once youthful features now etched with the wisdom and hardships of their new life in Patala. It had been many years since the Tendua first sought refuge in the subterranean jungle, and they had come a long way since then.

Throughout the years, the Tendua had managed to adapt to their environment, harnessing the resources provided by the bountiful land of Patala. They had forged a unique bond with some of the creatures that roamed the underground realm. Bongo and Gaur, once wild and untamed, now provided vital sustenance and worked side by side with the Tendua, assisting in various tasks and carrying the burdens of their growing tribe.

The Tendua had also unlocked the secrets of the plants that thrived in Patala's depths. They knew which ones to eat, which ones to avoid, and with the guidance of Zurin, the tribe's skilled medicine man, they had mastered the art of creating tonics and salves from the alien flora. Zurin felt a special connection with this new land. Taking from its grass and trees, he constructed a special hat made of interwoven blades of grass and sturdy wood that had become synonymous with him and his position.

The Tendua had welcomed a new addition to their tribe as well, a peculiar monkey-like child that Vokar had found in the now vanished overgrown temple. He had named the boy Muskaan, meaning smile in their language, for the joy he would inevitably bring into their lives. Vokar, having lost his own family to the devastation left in the wake of the meteorite, saw in Muskaan a chance to rebuild what had been shattered. He took the child under his wing, offering him warmth, protection, and a place within the tribe. At first, the Tendua were taken aback by Muskaan's presence, for they had never encountered anything like him before. But over time, Muskaan's endearing nature and the love and care Vokar bestowed upon him erased any doubts. In the eyes of the Tendua, Muskaan was no longer a stranger but a cherished member of their family.

As the years passed, Muskaan grew under Vokar's nurturing care, guided by the wisdom and teachings of his adoptive father. Vokar imparted not only practical knowledge but also the values of the Tendua, teaching Muskaan about their customs, traditions, and the importance of unity. Their relationship bloomed into something beautiful; a bond that transcended blood and physical differences. Muskaan, in turn, looked up to Vokar as his father, mentor, and protector. He admired Vokar's strength, resilience, and unwavering dedication to the tribe. Vokar's words became Muskaan's guiding light. In Vokar's presence, Muskaan found reassurance and the unshakable belief that he, too, had a vital role to play in the tribe's journey.

Vokar had also made another discovery, in addition to Muskaan, in the temple. Ancient parchments with strange symbols inscribed upon them that he could inexplicably read, despite having never seen them before. Using these enigmatic symbols as a starting point, Vokar embarked on a quest to develop a system of writing for the Tendua, a cuneiform that would chronicle their own stories and triumphs. Muskaan observed Vokar's endeavour with keen interest, for the symbols he studied were a part of his lost heritage, offering his own insights and aid with the budding script.

The Tendua's nomadic existence had taken them across the underground jungle of Patala as they followed the ebb and flow of the wildlife. Yet, as the years passed, a longing for stability began to settle within the hearts of the tribe. They yearned for a place they could truly call home. Driven by this collective desire, Vokar led the tribe in constructing a permanent settlement. Using the natural resources that surrounded them, they began fashioning sturdy structures from timber and animal skins and coloured them with pigments.

As building work got underway, Zurin presented Vokar with a vial he had in his possession, mentioned in the tales of old that if one was to take it, they would get abilities beyond compare. Although he had no reason to doubt the wisdom of Zurin or the tribe, his bargain with the Panther Demon played on his mind. One does not gain such a thing without potentially losing something in return. He briefly contemplated giving it to another member of the tribe to observe its effects but quickly dismissed the idea. He could never ask them to do something that he wouldn't do and so, throwing caution to the wind, drank the vial's contents and awaited the results.

Break Point
1. Drink the vial to see what it holds [Marytr]
2. Have another member of the tribe drink the vial
3. Do not take the vial (This is a falsity)

Actions
1. The Tendua Tribe will establish a permanent settlement in Patala using Wood [Plentiful Wood], animal skins from the Bongo and Gaur and Pigments.
2. Using the symbols on the parchments he found at the overgrown temple, and his understanding of them, as a basis, Vokar will attempt to develop Cuneiform.

The Shifting Covenant

1688519485622.png

Breakpoint: 2. Ignore the Crystalline creatures.

The Crystalline creatures soon begin to set up their own settlement nearby. They seem to grow it right from the very ground as its structures are also made out of crystal. A new society seems to be developing. When approached, they merely warn of THE OLD ONE in the Crystal Fields to the South.

Action 1: Start work on a place for the Beastmasters for them to train and breed the beasts at their disposal (Currently: Dino Horde, Mammoths, Pterosaurs), and to find new ways to utilise them. This will probably be expanded later. Using Wood, Stone. Giant Labor applies here.

Gain 35 Dino Horde.

Dinos can now be used for carrying and assisting with labor. An entire new subculture of worker class dinos is bred. They bring food and supplies to those that are near the tower as well as transport between the various locations in The Split.

Action 2: Visit 'the Fort' with some forces. 3 Dark Mages, 6 Beast Masters, 12 Flying Cavalry, 24 Slime Drinkers, 38 Dino Horde, plus Champion OG. (Resolved on Discord)

Evolution of the Body: Dark Mage (5 Units) - 1d10+1 = 6

Dark Mages grow a Powerful Dark Tentacle out of their back that helps fend off enemies in close range.​

Flesh Prophets

1688519576789.png

Actions
Begin Evangelizing: Flesh Prophets will enter the town of Oakdale. They will assume the form of beautiful, normal humans. They will begin to evangelize to find more people to mutate, and slowly undermine the authority of Oakdale.

A small, but very vocal subculture begins to form within Oakdale over the years that begin to follow the Flesh Prophets. Those in power and the vast majority are still resistant. But now there are people who feel that way of life is valued or at least better than what they currently have.

Many were still found UNWORTHY…..

Gain 2 Flesh Puddings, 10 Moving Parts and 2 Flesh Guardians

Research: Mr. Shadows, being the old tinkerer he is, will begin researching the black ooze coming off the Three-Sisters, and investigating to see if it can be used for anything useful.

It seems to be a remarkable POISON. In small doses it will corrode the insides of any LIVING CREATURE and in large doses can even do so in mere seconds. If applies to non living weapons it will add +1 to Damage and POISON.

If ingested by a creature such as a FLESH PUDDING, it will become a CORROSIVE BOMB. This affect can ONLY be done right before battle or else it will violently explode.

Gain Flesh Champion- Artur
Martial 3 Magic 0
Downtrodden- Artur was from Oakdale, the lowest of the low class. When fighting an enemy more powerful than him, Gain +1 Martial against the target.
True Believer- A believer in the cause, he is immune to all NEGATIVE PENALTIES​

Black Rock

1688519703220.png

Actions: Train new unit with Technology (Pigmentation) (Wood/Stone used) (Inspiring Keyword used) (20 Population used)

They needed something good. They needed something Strong. They needed something POWERFUL. And that was where they had it. That was where they made the ultimate tool to fight back against those that did not belong. The Battle Podium was born.

It was a large Stone Podium on a thick wooden frame with two large wooden wheels. It would be pulled by two Monkey Men wearing Red Face Paint. On the Podium itself is a Monkeyman giving an inspirational speech to the troops or a demoralizing one to the enemy with two Monkey Men with Red Face Paint and spears on the podium to protect the speaker.

Gain 4 Battle Podiums

Battle Podium
(Either +1 to Allied Troops or -1 to Enemy Troops. This can stack up to +/- 3)

Explore the Void- (This will be resolved on Discord)

BREAK POINT: Talk them into joining the Blackrock Troop.

The children are at first worried by the sight of the Monkeymen. But quickly they are excited about not having to purely defend for themselves. They willingly join up with them.

Gain: Child Village
15 Human Population (Keep track separately)
Gain Human Hero
Gerald
Martial 1 Magic 1
Growth- Every turn until Death, Gerald will gain +1 Martial
Magic- Gerald can cast Holy Magic​

The Nowhere Herd

1688609864543.png

Action 1: Trading in Reijkhold- For trading Spirits and Pigments: CHOOSE ONE

The Golden Hat- A hat made out of heavy gold with strange insignias on it. They say it's from the OLD WORLD.

The Singular Boot of Ice- A Boot missing its pair. It feels cold to the Touch

Bag of Ice- A Bag filled with strange Ice Cubes

Action 2- The Herd hunts and resupplies. Gaining- 10 BOAR MEAT, 10 MYSTERIOUS BONES and 5 ICE PEARS​

Glimmerhill Giants

1688609940490.png

BREAK POINT- Fight the Bandits(Resolved on Discord)

Training more Marauders- Gain 15 Tuskfire Marauders

Giants form a Rangers Rest near the base of the Mountains for the balance of the Ecosystem. More and more creatures come back to the mountain and the forests. Even many that were beginning to be scared off from the beginnings of the over foresting done by the Bandit Humans.

GAIN NEW COMMODITY: GIANT DEER MEAT​

The Aros Tribe

1688734579666.png

Break Point- Track down and talk to the bandits(Resolved on Discord)

Actions: Begin attempting to develop a system of characters to pass on stories (writing)

The Aros Tribe unlocks Cuneiform and begins to keep track of stories. Tales of the greatness of Kuro Aros seem to be the most popular stories to tell. Mainly of how he made friends with a treant, the beautiful love story between him and Asari as well as how he frightened off a horde of terrible bandits that were pillaging the countryside.

These written stories spread as far as Lakeside, Reijkhold and Oakdale. Heroic tales that would be passed down through the ages.

It also helps keep a schedule with the system of writing.

Action 2: Attempt to resolved the fight between the Mud Witch and the Swamp Witch-

Through extremely careful negotiation, Aros is able to broker a peace between the Mud and Swamp witch. In fact, they are so happy with the terms that Aros is able to make that they decide to join his clan.

Gain- Mud Witch
Martial 0 Magic 3
(Immortal)
Mud Golems- As a action, the Mud Witch can create 1d3+1 Mud Golems to help in battle (Usable Once a Turn)
Quick Mud- The Mud witch is capable of creating traps if mud based quicksand to place in locations to trap her opponents.

Swamp Witch
Martial 0 Magic 4
(Immortal)
Summon Fishmen- As a action, the Swamp witch can summon 1d3+1 Fishmen from the depths of the Swamp to assist her in battle. (Usable Once a Turn)
Living Swamp- Her swamp domain gives her a +1 and her enemies a -1​

The Tendua Tribe

1688734639244.png

Break Point: Drink the Vial to see what it holds (Martyr)

A massive change occurs over Vokar. He first turns green and then becomes larger and more muscular, soon enough towering over all the pygmies at six feet tall. Vokar gains +2 Martial and gains trait: GIANT. These two traits will be passed down through Vokar’s descendents. (Though not the Green Skin)

Action 1: Create a permanent settlement in Patala using Wood, animal skins, and pigments.

A glorious settlement is crafted using the materials at hand. A flourishing and SAFE settlement is created. A gain of an additional 1d10 population a turn as well as 5 Pygmy Fighters and 5 Stealth Panthers arrive to the cause over time.

Action 2: Develop Cuniform from symbols in the parchment in the old temple.

Using the preexisting written language, it was only a matter of time before they could manage to uncover it and use it for their advantage. Gain Ancient Cuneiform. Can read ANCIENT, but not OLD WORLD texts.​

BoN: Stone Age
sMhz3rB_BTiIaU6dNEoaqGZHVAkNdJT8dxNDEzj5ATt6wiHpQhiR_70UiQYVL2t32T07bS7nSr_Mf3snHuHiVix8SlHU00yeK3lgTKJnhM0Judb-lBgt6yUz8s8SgWWijnhYi1aCgc8peRa9jdm6ZsU

TURN 3 BEGINS
—------------------------

Astoria
DJW4kjygAAk3NH9BYS2_a9Fl5TH-bTjMnZjPM_Mntv0v799CfUBTO_post4a8kMs9TV7gwkW5wGKNU7EJneK39T8GqRd23lPDWfeGlBZ8ol5cadWgmPRfwO8Se3ffXmcnLtov7gMR_kM9AvgOwd7mYM

The Goliaths of The Stormwrath Peaks

1688868947803.png

A large Horde of Humans cross the Bridge to the East. They wear strangely colored metal armor with the symbol of a Bloody Sword. They wish for the Goliaths to swear fealty to their leader, Lord Virdun of the IRON KEEP. They wish to bring THE DEVILS HAND into their domain.

BREAK POINT:​
  1. Talk to the Horde of Humans​
  2. Fight the Horde of Humans​
  3. Swear Fealty to Lord Virdun​

Followers of Izel
1688869018812.png

A collection of Hedgehogkin have begun set up a village in the forest. They seem to mostly keep to themselves, but they worship a Forest Goddess and not Izel. Is this something that will be permitted? Or will they only bring about a crisis of faith?

1. Chase the Hedghogkin away from the forest​
  2. Talk with the Hedgehogkin​
  3. Fight the Hedghogkin​

The Moonsworn
1688869075520.png

The Orcs and the Goblins have begun to be integrated into the religion of The Moon. However, each seems to have a different idea on how to best do this. The Orcs wish to build a large and aggressive weapon to fight the enemies of the Cause. But the Goblins wish to build a large statue dedicated to King Izgil

Current Copper: 80 Units

1. Allow the Orcs to build their weapon in the name of the Moon​
  2. Allow the Goblins to build their statue of The King​
  3. Tell them to build neither and focus on religious studies​

Woodland Federation
1688869134857.png

The Rumbling Circus Bros have come back in force. They seem to have amassed a large army consisting of:

Sam and Eric, leaders of the Rumbling Circus Bros
10 STRONGMEN
20 Alligatermen
30 Whipmen
40 Busyboys

They have come for Errt. If the Federation Refuses, they attack and burn down the Forest

1. Give up Errt​
  2. Fight the Rumbling Circus Bros​
  3. Talk to the Rumbling Circus Bros​

The Penitent
1688869175686.png

With the undead horde broken, things seemed to go back to more peaceful ways. A trader arrived at the village offering rare goods in exchange for trade. He seems to have a wide variety of goods. Some magical and some not so magical.

Red Stone
This stone seems to be a light red and has some serious heft to it.

Shield of the Ancients
A shield from Ancient Times. Most likely gathered from the shifting sands of the desert.

Clay Pot
This pot has an image of a man fighting a beast, naked

1. Trade​
  2. Mug the Trader of his possessions​
  3. Kill the trader and take everything​

Blackrock Troop
1688869219175.png

A flock of seagulls seem to have taken a permanent position flying above the Blackrock troop and Blackrock itself. Nothing seems to make them go away and they are making everything and everyone filthy. Will this be able to be dealt with? Or will this become the new norm. It certainly doesn’t seem too sanitary.

1. Attempt to reason with the Seagulls​
  2. Kill the Seagulls​
  3. Trap the Seagulls​

Glimmerhill Giants
1688869264924.png

With the bandits vanquished and their large intrusive village destroyed, the Giants moved on to other bigger and better things. Getting back to the way they wanted life to be and integrating the remaining humans that stuck around into their way of life.

Soon enough, it become apparent that the surviving Bandit warriors, under their leader, Jekoby, who had survived the battle raised a NEW ARMY in order to kill the Giants. Even though he was an old man, he was ready to give his life to crush them.

1. Fight the bandits​
  2. Challenge Jekoby to a duel​
  3. Ignore Jekoby (He is old and most likely won’t be able to hold the army together for long enough to be a problem)​

The Shifting Covenant
1688869298944.png

The crystalline creatures continued to speak of something dangerous from the Crystal Fields and now after all this time, something has emerged.

A Giant Crystal Monster that is destroying all land it touches as it moves. It seems pretty dangerous. But also, its not heading directly at any sort of civilizations.

1. Fight the Giant Crystal Monster​
  2. Ignore the Crystal Monster​
  3. Attempt to wrangle to Crystal Monster​

Boltavia
c174kX7qMF1-ppoiwETJw0-WnJR-UJX7ZIckJVam10LcmS9dFmGTj07N4qdEvaZM0e4WPGiJfh1ySNefO8dUC4QcdfPe8AUgeHjET7zKwSU3p1YX7xM5mMFSyW1lDDQC946TwKOE8Glazd8D9wGCt68

The Eternals
1688869351090.png

The Lizardfolk seem to be attracted to the magical aura of the tower and strangely enough, some of the elves have taken a liking to the Lizardfolk (Even though the higher ups have attempted to discourage such behavior). This obviously would dilute elven purity. However, perhaps the magic flowing through the lizardfolk could make the magical energies stronger down the bloodline? Or it could just continue to thin Elven Blood

1. Allow the Elves and Lizardfolk to mingle​
  2. Refuse the mingling of Elves and Lizardfolk​
  3. Allow the Elves and Lizardfolk to Mingle openly, but secretly find a way to make them sterile​

The Valora Pod
1688869392593.png

The Islanders continue to grow and flourish. In celebration of all the good deeds and kindness that the Valora Pod have shown them over the countless decades, they wish to throw a major FEAST with various events for both tribes to participate in.

1. Agree to the FEAST​
  2. Turn down the FEAST​
  3. Other Player Option?​

The Flesh Prophets

1688869496643.png

A strange Goblin like creature beckons the Flesh horde with the time of their lives in some sort of roaming Carnival(?). They hadn’t even heard it arrive or set up. And they certainly hadn’t known of its existence. It had just suddenly appeared almost out of thin air.

1. Attend the Carnival​
  2. Ignore the Carnival​
  3. Attempt to Absorb the Carnival​

The Aros Tribe
1688869537253.png

A Stone Man emerges from the depths of the forest. He tells a tale that his life mate has become trapped in an ancient labyrinth. If Aros will help him free his lifemate from the dangers, he will reward him greatly.

1. Travel with the Stone Man to the ANCIENT UNDERGROUND LABYRINTH​
  2. Ignore the Stone Man​
  3. Convince the Stone Man that he needs to MOVE ON​

Mystics of The Calm
1688869586632.png

A small following has occurred from Reijkhold. They wish to learn the ways of the Mystics. But they do not have the gift of magic and it seems unlikely that they will be able to perform such tasks. What can be done on the matter?

1. Teach them anyway, even though they cannot perform Magic​
  2. Tell them that they are unable to learn their magical ways​
  3. Divert them into a non magical and teach philosophy instead​

Tendua Tribe
1688869636846.png

The Tribe continues to Flourish, even with the strange transformation of their leader. A Skeleton wearing a Black Cloak and metal Armor arrives at the village. He says that his name is Tarkoof and that for a PROMISE, he will teach the tribe BONE MAGIC.

1. Accept the Price​
  2. Refuse the Price​
  3. Attack Tarkoof​

The Nowhere Herd
1688869683481.png

A traveling group of humans are in celebration. It is the YEAR OF THE MOON and they have interesting drinks and food. They share with coming and going travelers during their long travels and wish to have The Nowhere Herd partake in the festivities.

1. Partake in the Festivities​
  2. Do not Partake in the Festivities​
  3. Counteroffer the Festivities​

The Brothers of Odin
1688869746149.png

The Bridge once again stands at a precipice, a turning point in the stories of the Brother of Odin. Another battle on the horizon, but this one seemingly much more finite than before. This would be one that would determine if many older brothers would go to Valhalla or pass away without dying in mortal combat.

A tall Skeleton wearing especially heavy Stone Armor and a Stone Axe that is twice as big as the figure itself arrived with an undead army. THEY HAVE COME FOR BATTLE!

1. Fight the Skeletons in Open Battle in front of the bridge​
  2. Challenge the Leader to one on one combat​
  3. Let them take the bridge and attack from the Homeland side​

The Eternals - Turn 3

Breakpoint
Allow the Elves and Lizardfolk to mingle
1688925818099.png
"Your Majesty, I bear news." Nier kneeled down as Mythanar smiled at the arrival of one of his most trusted aides. Mythanar gestured for the red-haired elf to stand and speak. Nier nodded and proceeded to deliver her report, "Some of our kind has started to mingle with those damned-" She stopped herself and looked at Mythanar who remained stoic and expressionless. Taking it as a tacit agreement, she continued, "They have mingled with the lizardkin. T-this entire situation is simply aburd! I don't know what they're thinking. Why would they mingle with those ugly look lizards?! And to willingly dilute the purity of the elven bloodline?"

Mythanar frowned and could already feel a headache coming. The High Elven Lord sighed before closing his eyes and sinking into thought. If Nier didn't know any better, she would think that Mythanar is asleep. She gulped as she resisted the urge to walk up to him and touch his face. Mythanar was simply just too beautiful! He radiates charm and regality.

Nier was shook from her daydream and felt her heart leap when Mythanar abruptly opened his eyes and gazed directly at her.

"Preposterous." A single word rang within the chambers.

I'm fucked.
Nier began to sweat as she thought that the High Elven King might have read her thoughts. How could a lowly elf like her even dream of the High Elf before her. Not just a regular High Elf but one who possesses the royal bloodline of the elven race that's closest to the Deities. "How dare they indeed to even entertain the thought of mingling with the lizardkin. Mere toads lusting over the flesh of swans."

Nier just blinked and internally sighed in relief. She thought she was a goner. What was she thinking? Even her mighty king wouldn't be able to passively read minds. She hurriedly dispelled all her non-professional thoughts before replying to Mythanar, "Yes, my King. I suggest an edict be announced forbidding our kind to mingle with the lizardkin and those who violates the edict will be banished."

"If this was the previous Astralwynd Empire, I would have considered that. But... times have changed." Mythanar sighed. Nier looked at him in confusion since he agreed to her opinion. Could the King perhaps think otherwise?

"Mingling between elven kind and lizardkin is discouraged, but not explicitly forbidden. Those who decide to sacrifice the purity of the elven blood in exchange for love may do so, however... Aeternus is the Sacred City of the Elves - a sanctuary of purity. As such, elves who choose to stay together with lizardkin may not stay in Aeternus. Instead, they will relocate to a new location where a new settlement will be built. This is where they will stay along with their lizardkin partner as well as their descendants."

"My King...." Nier's mouth was agape as she didn't expect this decision from his King. Wasn't he the strongest advocate for bloodline purity? Doesn't he disdain the mingling of elves and non-elves? Then what the hell is she hearing?

"I understand your confusion, my dear Nier." Mythanar casually replied which made the red-haired elf blush. "I am prejudiced, however, above everything else, I am a Leader, the King of the Elves. Our race is merely in its infancy, I can not afford to take drastic actions."

Nier merely sighed and bowed her head, "As you wish, my King. You wisdom is infinite and your actions are as complex and intricate as the web-" Mythanar raised his hands to stop her from continuing. "You're dismissed. Go and deliver my edict."

Nier bowed again before leaving the chambers. Mythanar was looking at her back with a smile before she disappeared. Do those lizardkin think that it's easy to steal his people from him? In the contrary, it might be him who will benefit with the sacrifice of a few.

The new settlement will be established and it will be populated by both lizardkin and elves, yes, but management of it will come under the elves. Slowly but surely, more and more lizardkin would be integrated into this settlement which means more labor under the direct disposal of the elves. As time passes, Mythanar would then be able to raise lizardkin who would be under him.

Eness and the other lizard leaders might be suspicious but what can they do? This is a normal development.

Mythanar is also curious what happens if elven and lizardkin blood is mixed. Perhaps it would result in an interesting bloodline? Who knows, it's an experiment. Yes, Mythanar has sacrificed a few of his people to the lizardkin for something he merely views as an experiment. It is their decision to dilute the purity of their blood afterall, in Mythanar's eyes, they are a bunch of sinners. Still, the High Elven King is still willing to show them kindness.

Those with sufficient talent in magic will still be admitted to the tower for studies.

Order 1: The Verdant Star Palace: Stellarum Sanctum, The Eternalis Arcana 3 of 3
The tower stood as an awe-inspiring structure, but Mythanar envisioned it as a beacon of magical marvels, not just on this continent, but potentially throughout the entire realm. With unwavering determination, he set his sights on this ambitious goal. As part of the tower's grand evolution, Mythanar meticulously planned the third upgrade, utilizing the topmost chamber where the powerful crystal had been sealed. This chamber would now be known as the 'Stellarum Sanctum,' a name befitting its celestial purpose—a Sanctuary of Stars.

The name 'Stellarum Sanctum' resonated with the observatory's celestial nature, capturing the essence of its sacred role in divination and the profound study of the stars. It evoked a sense of wonder and reverence, reflecting the magnitude of Mythanar's vision and the magical significance he aimed to infuse into the observatory.

Upon stepping into the chamber, one would seem like as if they were transported to the heart of deep space, enveloped by a breathtaking display of twinkling stars in constant motion. The celestial dance held secrets within its patterns—a gateway to the past, present, and even glimpses of the future. Those who ventured within could draw upon this celestial symphony to unravel the mysteries that lay intertwined with the cosmic tapestry.

Beyond its divinatory capabilities, this chamber held an additional purpose—to enhance the [Seeker] abilities of the elven kin. Here, their innate talents for seeking and perceiving would be amplified, honed, and refined. Within the 'Stellarum Sanctum,' the elves would unlock new depths of insight and connection, harnessing the very essence of their celestial heritage.

Mythanar's dream of the celestial observatory, the 'Stellarum Sanctum,' stood poised to become a testament to elven ingenuity and magical prowess—a sanctuary where the stars themselves would illuminate the path to wisdom and shape the destiny of the elven race.

tl;dr: Star observatory, place of divination, [Seeker] booster

Order 2: Explore The Forge
[Discord scene, please]​

Last edited:
Followers of Izel
1688187139567.png

The passing of years saw the relocation of the Amazon women to the Tower of Stars. While it was a tedious process to move your home and your people, it was worth it to Tikal and what she deemed worthwhile the Amazons did not question. By making the tower her home, Tikal was able to if only somewhat, silence that nagging voice in her head that taunted her with threats of immortal isolation and loneliness. Instead she would have her new companion, the Tower, to be by her side for as long as time would permit. There were other benefits to the change in scenery, but Tikal was not as focused on those.

From her place atop the tower, Tikal watched as homes popped up around the base of her new home. The scenery hadn't changed too much so the women were settling in with little trouble and that made their Goddess very happy. She was also overjoyed about the new generation of warriors grow and challenge their predecessors. Through parthenogenesis the Amazons were able to reproduce without the need for a male counterpart. Tula, who had become an old woman now, was given the title of High Priestess among the women after having proven to the Goddess that she was skilled and reliable.

General Sade, also known as the Blade of The Lady, introduced daily combat sessions where the warriors fought for Tikal's favor. To prove worthy of the Goddess' attention they had to spill blood, but no life was ever taken. The ritual combat caught on quick and became a common practice as well as a good way to keep even the youngest of Amazons in fighting form.

They had been living in total peace and bliss, but that was not their purpose, and the High Priestess and General were called upon by the Goddess to rectify their complacency. Summoned to the top of the tower. Respect for the Tower and love for the Goddess altered their perception of the structure and they had come to see it as sacred and holy, especially those who were born in its shadow and only knew that the Goddess dwelled at the very top. The High Priestess and General arrived to the peak of the tower and both knelt on the edge of the room.

1688262005665.png

"You called for us, Goddess?" Tula spoke softly.

For a moment the sun was eclipsed as a shimmering, golden light burst into existence at the center of the room. A warmth radiated from the celestial form as Tikal's body of gold manifested several feet in the air. "Yes, thank you for your swift arrival." She replied with her vibrant blue eyes fixed upon the two women.

"It is our honor and pleasure to come when you call, My Lady." Sade swiftly declared.

Flying across the room Tikal closed the gap between her and the faithful warriors. "Rise." Her voice filled their airs, soft and inviting as she commanded them.

"To the south east there is a land shrouded in mist where I believe new neighbors, great secrets, or items of power may be hidden. I want to go and uncover the secrets of that land, invite any who call it home to join us, to know me. The Dawi Izgil grow with each passing year and it is far pass time we do the same." Tikal had been keeping an eye on her eastern neighbors and she could not help but to admire the initiative shown by the Dawi King.

"It is dangerous for you to leave, Goddess, but..." Tula looked to Sade and the two Amazons discussed with one another for a moment. "...perhaps you should take your army with you to this new land." The High Priestess recommended.

"To my surprise our neighbors have all offered to accompany me on this venture, but I will still bring with me a squad of our warriors."

Sade was surprised and somewhat unhappy, but knowing her sisters would be there to protect the Goddess eased her mind a little. "What should we do while you are away, My Lady?"

Tikal did not take much time to contemplate the next steps for her people. "Tula and our other priestesses shall travel to the homes of our neighbors and share with them my light."​

Actions:

1. Build Shrine of Tikal in The Great Plains
2. Send Tikal and 10x Amazon riders to explore The Misty Canyon with the Stormwrath Goliaths, The Penitent, and The Moonsworn

Free Actions:

1. Send Champion Tula to Moonhold
2. Send Priestess Champion to The Skypiercer

Breakpoint:

Talk to the Hedgehogkin

The Nowhere Herd
Turn 3

Snowy-Blizzard-Forest-Winter-Landscape-as_131962244-945x630.jpeg

By all accounts it had been a joyous day. The morning hunt had been plentiful, the path ahead had been kind and free of obstacle, and the howling winds of the afternoon had faded into a calming heavy snowfall into the late evening. Now, with the sun long set and heavy flakes drifting to the ground in serene calmness, the Herd celebrates their arrival to new hunting grounds. Blue tinged lights of arcane power dot the large circle that the Herd has assembled into, casting their lanky forms into even longer shadows. A short distance away the last mammoth is lead underground into the tunnel of an elder worm, and the last of the mammoth riders are welcomed into the circle. In the dark and gloom several Ancients and Snow Masters sit in wait, senses straining for any sign of a predator that may try approaching the Herd at this late hour.

Maya almost wishes she were out there in the darkness with them, as she casts her own lights that dance and shine above the gathering. Even now they still seem dull in her eyes. From her side the Bone Carver rises with a clamorous sound and takes his place at the center of the gathering. Grasped gingerly in his spidery fingers is a bone drained of marrow, long and thin, fresher than many others in his collection. Story has it that it is the bone of a demon.

The Herd holds its breath in anticipation. All is silent but for the sound of his bones swaying together as he stands and the barely perceptible sound of snowfall. He takes a deep breath, then the tale begins once again as his fingers trace the divots and grooves upon the bone, a story that only he can read. It is a favorite story among the Herd. After all, how could it not be? To have a tale as daring and exciting and heroic as what Maya had done. As what Maya had told the Bone Carver she had done. Who could fault any of them for being entranced by the words leaving the Bone Carver’s teeth as he spoke the tale of Maya and Droga?

Maya watches but she does not listen. She had made the mistake of listening the first time the tale was told back to her and it had nearly crushed her beneath its weight. No, she shall not hear those words spoken to her ever again, and so she simply does not listen. Instead she sweeps her gaze slowly around the gathering, taking in the faces of her people, her Herd. Ultur is not here, she notes. Most likely gone off with the Ancients to keep watch. For a moment she considers casting a spell to tell him to summon her away from the gathering, but thinks better of it. It would ruin the celebration if the Demon Slayer wasn’t there to hear her story.

One by one she picks out the faces she’s come to know far better than her own. Distantly, she realizes she’s searching for someone, and allows herself the indulgence of pretending to be puzzled by this until she spots Ublureak on the edge of the circle, leaning in with wide eyes at the story being spun. Yes, of course, why wouldn’t she be searching for her child in the crowd? She tells herself she has found what she was searching for, and decides to keep her eyes trained on him for the remainder of the tale. How tall he is getting, mouth pulled into a wide grin showing off tiny points of ice just beginning to form into teeth as they glint in the changing light. The only sign that the story is progressing is the changing light, after all. The Bone Carver has gotten very good at telling this tale and has added his own flair for the dramatic after so many retellings.

Ublureak looks entirely enchanted as the lights fade one at a time. What comes next is his favorite part, Maya knows. As the final light is dispelled and the Herd is plunged into darkness Maya steps into the circle until she is at the Bone Carver’s side. Oh how she dreads this part. With the practiced ease of one who has done this dozens of times, she draws Nevermore, bathing the Herd in its brilliant light. With careful fingers the Herd brushes their fingers to the ground, a low hum sounding at the tale’s brilliant conclusion. Maya catches sight once more of Ublureak and fights the overwhelming urge to drop the sword, the hot sensation of terror and dread still present along the back of her neck. There is nothing but adoration in his eyes as he looks at her.

Slowly the light returns, cast again by dozens of hands, and she hides Nevermore away once again. Swiftly she returns to her place in the circle, and slowly the ever present gaze of her Herd drifts back to the Bone Carver as he begins another tale. Except for Ulbureak, whose eyes are still fixed on her, the Demon Slayer. She holds his gaze, and tries to offer him a smile as she motions for him to pay attention to the Bone Carver. One day, she thinks, he will sacrifice his eye to The Story, just like her, and the Path Finder before. Will they still hold that same look of love when he remembers this story on that day? Some steadily growing part of her prays that they do not. He gives her a wave of his hand at being caught, but upon her instruction he listens and looks back to the new story being begun.

Movement:
As their prey moves south, the leadership ability Bring on the Snowstorm activates (will last 2 turns). The Herd travels to the PLAINS OF PLENTY. The plains are now covered in a blizzard as the Deep Freeze descends.

Actions:
1)
Maya, 5 People, and 2 Mammoths trudge to Lakeside to speak with the locals and trade their wares, and run into familiar faces. She casts a spell of Tounges once again upon herself to communicate with the locals.
2) The Herd rejoices in the easy hunting of the plains, and takes time to tame more Heavy Mammoths with the use of Maya and the Ruby Mammoth's spellcasting.

Diplomacy:
While following the hunting herds, Maya meets THE AROS TRIBE, perhaps something can be learned from them? She casts a spell of Tounges upon herself to speak with these new people.

BREAKPOINT:
Option 1:
Partake in the Festivities

Last edited:
uImYhBwQmz7ghJuNPKuc8lBIJKjetPHzClV7hOTE3hywBny71ZJWgMYpXSp_O8eeW65nhgntPPKol4-9PmFl75M6k-dnZDOdKa-2RILH8rM0VsQ_UJvl2moIYhrDOee02v4TyzzUw9hXxnJxWq0lLI4

The Three Sisters’ arrival was a day of celebration for the Flesh Prophets. Her oily form, formerly wracked with pain, oozed through the sands of the Gorescape. An acrid smell emanated from her folds and gave the senses of the Flesh Prophets something new to relish in. The Three sisters weren’t fully integrated, and her hunger was coming back. Prophets scrambled to feed her impossibly large maw with hunks of flesh. The psychic shockwave of her hunger unsettled the Prophets. The empathetic hivemind was proving to be a burden now, as the pain of the Three Sisters was ripping through the hive.

Mr. Shadows watched the abomination feeding on material he inteded to use on his golems. He parted the crowd of Flesh Prophets and walked up to the monster. He noted the growing wave of unease in the crowd, and was for once thankful that he wasn’t intimately connected to the hivemind like his kin. “What the hell is the meaning of this?” he fulminated. “You’re causing problems.”

The new member of the hive wasn’t paying attention. She was ripping apart a large torso that Mr. Shadows had painstakingly assembled over the course of thre months. She tore through the muscles with ease and tossed the ragged flesh into the gaping maw that spanned the center of her body. “Yummy yummy. The woman promised us yummies. She GAVE us yummies. She is so nice” one of the heads spoke.

“Selassie.” Mr. Shadows thought to himself. He clenched his fist and gazed at youngest head of the Three Sisters. “Stop eating and speak to me. Now.”

“Why can’t you talk in our heads like the woman? Are you weak?” The Three Sisters said with a malicious glint in their eyes. Much like Selassie had noted earlier, there was a strange intelligence in the seemingly mindless brute.

Mr. Shadows was vexed. He raised his hand and flexed his bat wings. The worm in his head shivered and quaked with exertion, and a wave of telekentic energy shrouded the Three Sisters and brought them low. “Prostrate yourself before the First Herald of the Flesh Prophets.” He strained harder and buried the Three Sisters’ faces into the sand. Strangely, the Three Sisters were not resisting. He heard muffled laughter from the sand. He flared his large bat nostrils.

A melodic, singsongey voice rang out through the desert and hit Mr. Shadow’s sensitive ears. Selassie sauntered out from behind some brush. On her back were massive angelic wings. Her visage was becoming more regal with each passing day. First the metal crown, now the imposing wings. She locked eyes with Mr. Shadows. “This isn’t how we treat new guests. This isn’t what the leader of the Flesh Prophets should be doing. Plus our new friend could kill most of us without much effort,” she said in that irritating voice of hers. “This is our new siege engine.”

“A damn poor seige engine at that! She has no respect for me,” Mr. Shadows yelled.

“Respect is earned,” Seleassie said in an even tone. “She’s clearly hungry. And instead of feeding her, you attack her and berate you. We will never conquer Oakdale if we treat new family members like this.” A few members of the crowd nodded and begin yelling at Mr. Shadows to let the Three Sisters back up. He did so, and slinked back to his makeshift laboratory. He said nothing, and held his head low. Selassie held her arms to the sun. “My brothers and sisters. This is the best thing that could have happened to us. The Three Sisters are powerful. They will help us convert Oakdale to our way of life. ZOA is pleased. I hear their babbles of joy in my mind. Let us celebrate.”

From the cliffs, Mr. Shadows watched the ensuing party, slowly tinkering on his new golem. He felt nothing. What was it like to feel that kind of happiness? To feel like that part of a family. The way they all just naturally gravitated towards Selassie put a heavy feeling in his stomach. She was beautiful. She had angelic wings and a crown of steel. It was no secret that the tribe had taken off since her ascension. She bore the mark of ZOA on her head, and exemplified ZOA in her actions. Was this the end? Was this the only purpose ZOA had in mind? To guide the tribe until a real herald showed up?

Mr. Shadows pressed a bone dagger to his neck with trembling hands. Trickles of blood dripped down, but he couldn’t will the dagger closer. Was this the worm’s doing? ZOA’s? He threw the dagger down and cursed. Was this his fate? To be cuckholded by a clearly better person?

Several days passed. Mr. Shadows had been working on a new golem- one that would be utterly devoted to his orders and the will of ZOA. Then he saw the blasted winged shadow of Selassie fall over him. “What do you want?” he spat, not turning to face her. His hands fumbled with his fleshcrafting tools.

“I want to talk about last week. I’m not going to apologize for how I acted, because you were not acting in a way that pleased our god. But I want things to be happy for us. You just sit and rot on this rock, watching us all have fun.” She advanced closer, and the smell of freshly cooked stew hit Mr. Shadows’ nostrils. “You can come down and celebrate with us. The Three Sisters would probably forgive you if you said something.” She set down a plate behind the old bat.

“You want to usurp me. Just kill me and get it over with. ZOA wants you to lead the tribe.” He turned around and gazed at Selassie. Defeat ran through his veins as he gained at her form. Tall. Statuesque. A halo of sunlight followed her wherever she walked- the mark of a true Herald. “I won’t even fight back. Just do it. I’m sick of feeling like a failure.”

She hugged Mr. Shadows and pulled him close. “I would never do that to a member of our family. You may be severed from the hivemind, but ZOA wanted you to lead. You built this tribe from nothing.”

“But my purpose is served. Someone better came along.”

She stopped hugging him and put a hand on his shoulder, gazing into his eyes, searching for…something. “I can’t kill you. ZOA named you the leader of this tribe. Come on and celebrate with us. And take a bath in the river. You fucking stink,” she said with a smile. “Plus we need you to figure out what that black goo on the Three Sisters is. Menelik thinks we can weaponize it. You’re the smartest guy here! Figure it out.”

She walked away and Mr. Shadows gorged himself on the stew. He trudged down to the hive and celebrated. He felt hollow. Disconnected. Everyone was smiling and laughing and clearly drinking in the empathetic waves- feeding off one another’s happiness. But he felt nothing. Doomed to watch everyone else be happy.

He swallowed his pride and apologized to the Three Sisters. They almost seemed to expect the apology and accepted it uncritically. He studied the goo on them and figured out how to turn the flesh puddings into living, corrosive bombs with it.

When he told this to Selassie, she smiled and said “See, ZOA has so many uses for you. You’re the brain of the hive. Maybe brains weren’t meant to feel.”

Materials
Population: 66 - 3 Three Sister tax = 63
Hag-Slime: 1
Hag Slime
Mr. Shadows, being the old tinkerer he is, will begin researching the black ooze coming off the Three-Sisters, and investigating to see if it can be used for anything useful.
It seems to be a remarkable POISON. In small doses it will corrode the insides of any LIVING CREATURE and in large doses can even do so in mere seconds. If applies to non living weapons it will add +1 to Damage and POISON.
If ingested by a creature such as a FLESH PUDDING, it will become a CORROSIVE BOMB. This affect can ONLY be done right before battle or else it will violently explode.
Rules and Troop Counts
Abilities
  • Offensive capabilities increased in the sun
  • Passive defense bonus
  • Gain a flesh champion every turn
Base Units
20 flesh pudding- amalgam of flesh bits with tendrils. CAPABLE OF DEVOURING
72 moving parts- dismembered bits capable of moving and attacking independently
7 flesh guardians- heavy stone armor, stone axes, thick flesh. IMMUNE TO PAIN
Selassie, the True Herald
[Eternal]
Martial 2, Magic 2
Absorption - Selassie can absorb an organic creature and take an ability from them of her choice. Selassie can gain 2 new abilities in this manner, but may swap them out as she wishes if she finds new, better abilities she'd rather have. [Kill bosses or champions to really enjoy the benefits]. A queen thrives on the sacrifice of pawns.
Control - Selassie can 'hijack' another scion of FLESH to 'oversee' them, letting them push past their limits. She can sacrifice her attacks to grant them a bonus to any action they take. [Can grant a creature a +2] In a major battle, this would be giving up attacks to grant a +1 to hit aura.
Zoa Is Watching - She has caught the eye of Zoa, for better or worse. Whenever she prays to Zoa, she rolls two die and takes the best... However, if Selassie fails or proves unworthy, she will be punished.
... But there was a downside to her change..
Golem's Burden - The Rune still bears that final command, the command that haunted the golem for its existence.. but Selassie is a being of FLESH, she can resist it. Normally. If she rolls a crit 1, she loses a turn as she is forced to walk in a random direction. (edited)
[3:18 PM]
The Three-Sisters
[Unique Life - Stages]
This creature is.. kind of immortal. When it would 'die', it instead reaches another stage in its life and 'molts' into something new. At turn 5, The Sisters Three will become something new.
The Young, the Old, and the Prime
Before it goes to attack or do an action, roll a d4 to see which head is in control. The Young is Martial 2, Magic 1. The Old is Magic 3. The Prime is Martial 4.
However, if a 1 is rolled on the D4, they bicker and become much easier to hit [the youngest defaults to being in charge on a 1]
1 - Bicker, Youngest
2 - Youngest
3 - Old
4 - Prime
Engulf
When fighting something smaller then it, it has a chance to utterly engulf a target. While engulfed, the prey takes large amounts of Acid damage until dissolved.
Oily
Sucretts a magical mucus that can be colleted. It is, sadly, not flammable, but you may discover unique properties with study and experimentation. Gain 1 Magical Mucus each turn.
Champions
((Flesh Champion- McRoy- Gained start of turn 2
Martial 1 Magic 2
The Flesh is Strong- Subtract 1 from an Enemy Martial if they attack this unit
Light as Air- Counts as a Flying unit(But only in Battle)
Weapon: Flesh Staff with an Eye at the Top))
Gain Flesh Champion- Artur Gained start of turn 3
Martial 3 Magic 0
Downtrodden- Artur was from Oakdale, the lowest of the low class. When fighting an enemy more powerful than him, Gain +1 Martial against the target.
True Believer- A believer in the cause, he is immune to all NEGATIVE PENALTIES

Actions
  • Send perfect spy to oakdale to aid in subversion efforts. Have it and other shapeshifters try and impersonate town officials to subvert the town’s will
  • Create more flesh puddings and flesh pudding bombs

BROTHERS TURN 3

Breakpoint Selected: 2

After Harald sees the approach of the undead army, he marches forwards under a flag of truce to attempt to negotiate a duel between their leader and Bjorn (I think he is still fishing atm). Harald uses his extreme skills as a negotiator to arrange this duel and sends a man to go get Bjorn from his fishing expedition. In the meantime the remaining garrison gets to work building a small arena with a pit for the duel to happen in.
Bjorn arrives shortly after the arena's completion and he is accompanied by several of the high priests of Uppsala, his wife - Finna Thorkelsdottir - and his son and heir - Canute Bjornson.

Action 1:

Exploration.

After the recent fleet has finished construction, Bjorn has ordered 5 boats, each crewed by 4 holy soldiers each except 1 which has 3 holy soldiers and one mighty commander (Dave), to head south until they find an area that is not covered in the permafrost of their homeland.

Action 2:

Naval expansion

As is Bjorn's custom, Bjorn has ordered the coastal boat building settlement to build more ships, and to see if they can improve the design to enable it to travel faster for longer distances, and have more storage capacity.

ni-kolay-timofeev-13.jpg
Qualms[Post Theme] - [Turn 3]

• 1688348540411.png
    1688422393525.png
    1688849364184.png
    fd0eaed9e1604ee7cdaa69ba08ab8ed2.jpg

When the Repudiated Gain Believers
    Alone... Silence... Isolation... Finally, it stops. It all stops for now. The 'My Avatar' and the 'My Lord'. Could I not be called my name? Ivan isn't hard to pronounce. If I never heard those phrases again, I may regain my sanity, regain myself. Ever since Miriam spoke of the chalice, of Lakeside, of the Lord, of myself, it started to spiral out of control. Just being Astrally inclined pulled enough. Now being the literal god for hundreds of people. How did I manage that? Why did I let it get this bad? I must have realized what a terrible idea it was to do that to those people. Sister Cyra's disappointment... I'm not what she expected. A disorganized, unkept, numb human with mind powers. Most of the time I have my powers. Okay, not a lot anymore, Colekas has helped me hide it. I... I can't do anything anymore. I've become normal again. That would be fine. But, the expectation, the attention, the weight. It's still here. I've just become far more useless. What does she think of me? What would she think, knowing the truth? So much faith and devotion. So much of her life directed towards me. Towards something incredibly pointless. Believing that I could actually save them. That I can do anything at all. A fraud. I've defrauded countless people. Dedicating their lives, their hard work for something that wasn't what they thought it was. Now I lay here, at the beach. How in the hell am I supposed to fix this? I'll need to journey to the chalice. What then? Will the chalice suddenly fix me? Suddenly allow me to do what I need to do. To fulfill what they have been expecting.

At least, why can't my numbness stop this. Make it... go away. So worried about the flows of my emotions. I didn't realize how preferable it is. I don't have emotions. I have a emotion. Hurt, pain, suffering; there's nothing else. No matter how hard I search, I investigate. More pain, that my entire collage of lives have mounted to fraud. That I've collected all these faces, all these names. As if something within me wants to be a con artist. But, I can't do that. No one deserves to be tricked. Not this hard. They deserve someone real, something that actually deserves what they given me. I never wanted this. I never wanted to have this powers, or to be anything else than a guy and live his life. To live with the man I love. It didn't work out that way. Now, I've dragged him into this too. What absolute hell must have I put him through? I have to be why he's living multiple lives too. And that kills me the most. No peace, no rest, just living over and over again. Searching for me, looking for relief. I don't know if I can be that for him. If I can give him what he needs. And what has he been doing all these lives? Besides searching, has he been having good lives? I doubt it. It must be hell. Living over and over again, never being right, never being okay. Just in pain. I've passed it over to him. In some futile attempt to ease my own. But, why? Why would I do that? How could I? He must be mad at me. I've put him through this. Over and over again. And I won't be able to tell him why. Not a damn good reason. And everything he went through, I did to him. Because, how else would you place blame. He wouldn't have gone through anything... if he never met me. How happy he could have been if I never existed at all. Could have found someone that wasn't this toxic. I love him, but that doesn't mean I'm right for him. Doesn't mean that I'm what he needs. Honestly, it is likely I'm the first love he needs to move on from. And just the thought made me feel something else.

I want to die.

For his sake, so that we both could have our rest. But, that may not be a good idea. No telling what would happen to him. And even worse if I find a way to end the cycle. There probably is one. None of which I'm comfortable with. And my chest feels heavier at the thought. I can't let him go even if I wanted to. Maybe this is my hell. Holding the man I love hostage. Make him go through intense pain, loss, and confusion. Drive him insane. Maybe even turn him into a monster. And not be able to do anything about it at all. That I have to whip him and cut him, make him bleed. And I don't know why I started this. Why I did this.

Hell. Absolute hell. And it is all my fault.

A glow appeared. It was close. "Ivan..."

"Miriam, I'm sorry. Leave me alone."

"I cannot do that. Not in your current state. Something must be shown."

"What is that Miriam?"

She twinkled, "Why you feel this way. Why this came to be."

My body ached as she spoke, "Why would that help?"

"All things have its source. To fix the trickle of poison, it must be stopped at its source. To do so, is to know the source. Ruminating now will not help you."

"I have to know one thing before we do this. Have I... have I done it before. Have I ended it all before?"

Miriam paused. She must be thinking on how to respond, "Many times Ivan. More than most would want to know. And you do it again and again. It eludes me why."

"I never asked for this. Never wanted this. I want it to stop. But, I know I shouldn't. A reasonable compromise..."

Miriam glared at me, "The pain it must cause him. For it is different. He knows the difference. From a death by another, to death by one's own hand. Only you could know now what that would do to him. What it has done to him.

"So, I've hurt him even more. Nothing I do is victimless. So much passed around pain."

Miriam touched the ground, her hooves phasing through the snow, "Ivan. Your love and consideration for those around is deep and natural. Painful, draining, and... life-ending; the willingness to die for others for any reason is a sign of moral virtue. But, it leaves a question."

I shivered. What was she going to ask? She looked into my eyes, "Can you look into the water and accept what you are?"

In Silence, the Greatest Clarity of Sound
    [Section Theme]

A campfire, a calm night. Out in the woods. Different trees, they were calmer, more mundane. I could not sense any astral energies. Just one astral echo. None of this is real... The smell of fruit, berries, cooked meat. Delicious. But, something felt off. Something was not being genuine. Standing just inside the treeline, a young boy approached the fire. Rags, ripped up clothes. Dirty as all get out. He looked to be living in the woods alone. A hard life, especially for a ten year old? Somewhere around there. I stepped out into the clearing, letting the boy see me. He stepped right through me. An echo. Nothing I do can change anything. Miriam gave me this to remember. No, to see for myself where this comes from. To see the root of the problem.

She is doing this for me. To help me. Without him, she's the one person who can help me. Colekas can only do so much, and Life will leave him soon. I will not have him much longer. But, she made this for me to see. I ought to hear her out. And I am curious myself. Will I see his face? Starbright's? I don't know. But, I hope I do. So... is this him? Is this my love or...

The boy had a glimmer in his eyes. An unnatural one. A periwinkle fire. Just a spark. Nothing like it is now. Yet, as a puddle covered a hole and his reflection showed, the spark wasn't there. As if I could see what those of the time could not. Which is curious... Maybe why I can't see his face in echoes is because... because he is a Zorac and they would have a shadow around them... Of course, I won't be able to see his face directly. But, if I look and see a reflective surface, I should be able to see his face. Then... I'll know what to look for. I might even get his name. That... that would be amazing. I deviated there. Heavily. Its hard not to think of him. He makes me so happy. But, as the boy moved, he laid out meat next to the fire. Rabbit and small bird mostly. Though, he didn't have a weapon. So, traps of some kind. Smart kid. Wonder where he learned it from. He sat on a rock and looked out into trees, a valley. A massive cliff face in front of him. The view felt familiar as I noticed lights, fires. A town, buildings. Nestled in the valley. Smoke flowing from tall towers of the buildings. My heart jumped at the sight. A mix of peace and chaos. Like if two parts of me were fighting. I looked back at the boy. The light of the fire made his face clearer.

Wait, he's... he looks like me. Younger, much younger... Miriam said this would be at the source. My past. Memories I don't have anymore. Another person, older. Looked to be mid-teens. A feeling of love came over me. I could see his face clearly. Not my love. But, he looked too much like me. Family?

My younger self looked over his shoulder and smile erupted from his face. A toothy smile. "Alexei!" That name sounds familiar. I knew him. Knew him well. Alexei gave a smile and ruffled my hair. He sat down beside me with a bag beside him. "More books?"

Alexei snickered, "Of course. A fresh batch from Osleari. I think you will like these ones. History, philosophy, and all kinds of other stuff. Don't understand most of it."

"You still can't read."

He yawned, "Yea, gotta teach me sometime." His shoulders relaxed, back falling into the dirt. A soft exhale and Alexei turned his head towards my young self. His leather tunic and grieves looked clean. "Maybe, you could read to me?"

My young self giggled with a sparkle in my eyes, "Yea!" Alexei sat up against a rock, holding me against him in his lap. And I would read to him for hours. Until the sun went down. And I stayed there, watching. As Alexei would hold me, snuggle in my hair, and make jokes as I read. How I would giggle, lay my head back into his chest, and continue to read. Peaceful, happy, and tender; Alexei... my older brother. My best friend. Fuzzy, very fuzzy, but my mind began to feel something. Something coming back. But, it was far away. These moments I am watching letting the drip of memory come back... Letting me remember. As Miriam said. The source. But, this doesn't make sense. I feel like shit. Why would these tender moments make sense?

And as I thought, the scene paused and it folded together into a fog scene as shards of glass. I felt a glow. Miriam.

"You are confused. Are you not?" Miriam spoke softly, floating in the fog.

I scratched my back. A bad itch, "A day of reading to my loving older brother isn't what I was expecting."

She smiled, "And yet, its purpose is clear and completed."

I sighed, "What was that suppose to show me?"

"No horrible person feels empathy for another, no horrible person would accept the duty to help Lakeside, no horrible person would have such a tender heart as you do then and now." She paused, "You are resourceful, curious, compassionate. And while you will see more darker memories, I want you to know you have good ones. That you are worthy of love, that the powers you wield have always been yours, and what comes from that is not your fault."

"I've always been psychic?"

Miriam nodded, "How you learned to read, made money for books, and how you survived many of the trials of your first life. Your eyes have sparked with flame since your birth. Maybe even before then. Your essence is Astral essence. Its ebb and flows reside inside you. Of the light, of all that is the Aether. But, you also are yourself. And with that, comes your own reflection. Your own choices, your own identity. A paradox. One that only the Astral Sea could provide. Or in a way, you could provide yourself. After all Ivan, the line between you and Astral Sea is blurry. And even then, all so clear."

"I have only begun to find myself have I?"

"Indeed."

I sighed, "So, Miriam. What is next for me to see?"

Miriam nodded again to me, twirling around in the fog, "Its time to see your parents. And how they truly were."

Last edited:
The Moonsworn
Turn 03
New Moon

The Hall of Izgil sat within the Great Warrens as they bustled with the activity of various people. The Dawi Izgil felt strangely outnumbered by the humans they had convereted to the faith. Already the first Moon Priests of human stock were completing their training. It was to be a great celebration. The Greenskins had embraced the Moon as well but their natures had them already competing in a manner that Izgil knew he must guide to more productive energies. It had been long years of debate and arguing, but Moon Shamans must be made amongst the Greenskins. Izmir and Izwot sat in their seats, facing the throne of Izgil. The golem king's own throne was more practical than ostentacious, carved well and marked in runes of the moon.

"I've word from the land of Lady Tikal that they will finally take up our hospitality and build a shrine here," Izmir said as he strokes her greying beard as its numerous copper rings clink. Each ring carefully scribed with some major teaching. "I believe they are sending a ranking follower as well."

"Oh, now they want to send their faith here. Fancy that after our population has swelled," Izwot grumbles as he shifts in his seat. His bald head a working of intricate tattoos and runes far more complex than ever before. His short beard trimmed and tidy. "Bad enough that southlands brute was allowed to wallop Izmir like he did."

"I knew what I was getting into, brother," Izmir shot back sternly as he looks over at Izwot.

Izgil felt an odd sense of sadness as he looked upon his closest advisors and agents. These two who had carved him from the living stone of the fallen Skystone. The Doom of Dawidrugan born again as the savior of the Dawi. Their population continued to grow but their faith had spread further due to Izgil's guiding hand and stony patience. War had been avoid, instead swelling the ranks more with Greenskins of all things.

"Still, he went at you like that... He's lucky it was for sport. I'd have cracked his head open," Izwot huffs but then looks over the tablets before him. "We need to take care of this Greenskin issue, my king. They're going to start fighting again if we don't give them something stronger to work with. Much as I hate to say it, Moon Shamans might be the thing. Teach them the phases and the ways of Geminos."

"You're actually suggesting a cooperative endeavor? All that ink soak into you skull? When haven't you wanted to crack skulls?" Izmir joked as he looks at Izwot with a bit more surprise.

"I'm getting old, brother. We bother are. Our sons will graduate the Lunar Houses soon to begin their own journeys as Moon Priests. I don't... I don't want to leave them a legacy of blood. Sure those forest critters still make my blood boil with dismissing us like that they did. They also never violate our territory or bother us. So... I guess I want to see those rowdy louts get something more," Izwot said as he ran a hand along his tattooed scalp. Dwarves aged well, strong of body until the end but both men knew they were entering the final phase of their lives. It was a gift of the Mother they could die on their feet with strong backs, but die they would.

"I will teach them," Izgil rumbles as he strokes his stone beard in thought. It was a testament to his craftsmanship that his habit of doing that hadn't worn the carving down. "The New Moon swells in my soul and I shall use is magics to teach by illusion and enhantment. The Greenskins learn well by seeing and hearing, so I shall give them a grand performance to teach them. Izwot, I want you to oversee the construction of a grand arena in the Pass. We shall call it the Moon Ring and codify their competitive nature in a manner that will entertain them while sating their appetite to battle one another. It may even make greater minds are warriors in the service of the Moon as they attempt to surpss one another. It feels like the flow of the Moon... so I declare it."

"As you wish, my king. I will guide them in building this. Perhaps that will help your teachings. A focal point for the great purpose we all serve," Izwot said happily with a nod.

"Izmir, you are to do something just as grand. It is time. The Dawi Izgil and the Moonsworn as a whole will build a great stepped temple to the Moon. This Moon Ziggurat will rise at the center of our growing city. The heart of our faith. And a way to be closer to Geminos. Perhaps its height will also help us spot the coming falls of future Skystones as well. In either case, it is time to build a true center of the faith, that our priesthood may better utilize and even train within," Izgil said with a firm now as he rests his hands on his knees.

"It will be done, my king. I will give it every bit of my effort. We shall build two great monuments to the Moon in our lands. Dawi and Man shall forge the Ziggurat as Greenskins build the Moon Ring. A fine end to a long journey," Izmir said with a melancholy tone as he smiles. He knew his and Izwot's time were coming. This final two workings would be their lasting gifts to the Moonsworn.

"As to this issue in the Misty Canyon, I will go when Lady Tikal departs. I will trust my safety to them at this time, but I will help them. It is best we find out just what is going on with this potential aggression with the Goliaths in the Southlands," Izgil declared firmly.

"My king! You shouldn't! They can handle that!" Izwot protested with a concerned expression.

"Truly, my king, must you really do this?" Izmir asked for worry as well. Both brothers wary of losing their divine ruler. Izgil was what had made the Dawi Izgil stronger, given them a truly divine purpose. He had spread the faith of the Moon with patience, wisdom and perhaps a bit of crafty planning.

"Just as we promise these other faiths peace, we must show our words are stone. Real, firm, reliable. I will go, but only after my other work is handled. The faith can survive no matter what hardship, We have proven this already. Besides which, I have many protections should I need them. My word is given. Praise the Moon."

"PRAISE THE MOON!"

Even as Izgil saw his two most trusted advisors leave, he felt that pang again. The sadness of knowing he would live beyond his creators. That he was intended to be an eternal guide even as those he learned to love and lead passed on to join with mighty Geminos. Already he made plans to discreetly ensure both brothers would be given the highest of honors. They would both have places of honor with the Moon Ziggurat as the first Exemplars of the Moon Faith.​

Breakpoint:
The Orcs and the Goblins have begun to be integrated into the religion of The Moon. However, each seems to have a different idea on how to best do this. The Orcs wish to build a large and aggressive weapon to fight the enemies of the Cause. But the Goblins wish to build a large statue dedicated to King Izgil

-Tell them to build neither and focus on religious studies
-King Izgil will go to do this himself, tapping into the magics of Enchantment and Illusion to make a Grand Tale of the Moon Faith to better teach the Greenskins

Actions
1. Build the Moon Ring in Greenskin Pass, a great arena to ritualize Greenskin competition to drive it into more productive methods and resolution. It is also to function as a religious symbol of the Moon Faith, representing the shifting nature of the Moon as winners and losers shift in the area. It is also an intended focus for the religious studies King Izgil is personally seeing to for the seeming split of faith.
(Tapping into Stone, Wood and Copper)
(Izgil and Izwot will guild Goblin and Orc labor into the great undertaking, tapping Warmaster Krug and Chief Mechanic Daklon to help)

2. Build the Moon Zigguart in Moonhold, a vast and towering temple to more strongly unify and codify the Moon Faith and its priesthood to prevent divergent behavior
(Built with Stone, Wood and Copper)
(Utilizing Dawi and Human labor with Stone Servitors and 2 Human Foremen)

Free Actions
-Dawi Forces returning to Great Plains
-Izgil helping resolve the Breakpoint
-Izgil will support Lady Tikal's expedition into Misty Canyon​

Last edited:
Orpheus - Turn 3 - The Penitent
Sully-bloodborne-cosmic-eldritch-space-horror-tarot-horror-scar-b3b6bddd-7cca-4974-93a5-30f97840f291.png

When the sun and the moon share the same sky, darkness will sweep the land and there will be no discrimination between man or beast. All will fight for their eternal salvation against that which lurks in the void.
Orpheus

The mist sat thick on the ground as the group made their way to The Whispering Cave, led by Zerrod they were sent to enter the cave and to learn it's secrets. Did it have precious materials inside? Was it the cause for the permanent mist? Or were there people in there that they had yet to meet.

"We are blessed to be entrusted with this task," Zerrod said as his feet crossed over the rough terrain.

"Oh certainly, Archlector Orpheus has some very important business to attend to. You are more than capable of leading us in this endeavour," Alois replied.

"You are too kind Alois," Zerrod said turning to Father Perlig. "How are you father? This is your first time out of the settlement and potentially in live battle?"

A hearty laugh echoed from the belly of a hulking figure who was Father Perlig. He spoke with a deep and powerful voice, there was nothing quiet about him.

"I look forward to enacting the will of The Divine. It is my aim, my goal, my purpose."

Zerrod smiled as he responded, "That is good to hear. I am sure that whatever we find, you will do well in the name of The Divine."

Actions Breakpoint: Trade - Will pray to The Divine and use magic to decipher the nature of the items. This is to understand which, if any are magic and if any are blessed by The Divine or Evil in nature.

[Bonuses:
-Great Orator: Bonus to beneficial trade terms.
-Magic 3 with Holy Magic: Helping understand the items and to check the alignment of the trader.
-Divine Protection: Bonus to finding out if any items are bad/cursed/negative.
-Ruby Vision: +1 identifying/deciphering magic.

Action 1: Build The Healing Church for the advancement of healing, the training of Holy Clerics and the furthering of magic development.

[Bonuses:
-Copper - Use to create adornments and holy items.
-Giants - Faster construction with greater development. In addition, high chance of unlocking additional ability/unit gain from construction.
-Copper Construction Tools - You haven't said what benefit these would provide but listing anyway.
-Pigments - Paint murals, religious symbols and such.
-Religious General - Orpheus creates a training regiment that is effective at training strong Holy Clerics]

Action 2: Zerrod [Heavy Copper Sword], Alois, Father Perlig, 5 Holy Clerics and 20 Fanatics travel to The Whispering Cave in search of what lies within - Stats, buffs etc will be added to Discord channel.

Movement: Orpheus moves to Misty Canyon and joins Tikal on her exploration.

Leadership Gains Population: +17
Fanatics: +5
Zealot Champion: +1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back