• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Bloodborne: Old Yarnahm (OOC)

Characters
Here

Stok

The Mercenary
Welcome one and all! Please let us know your name and pronouns so we know how to talk to each other!

And perhaps how much experience you have with bloodborne the game itself?

I'm not sure I know the meaning of Pre Accession rom, could you elaborate?
Rom the spider isn't a natural born great one, but rether a human that became a great one. so i would be her human incarnation before Kos made her the spider

Rom the spider isn't a natural born great one, but rether a human that became a great one. so i would be her human incarnation before Kos made her the spider
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa that's the last boss I fought most recently so you just blew mfuckin mind. Approved!!! If you'd like to discuss any secret backstory (perhaps a specific reason the great ones end up taking notice of her) that we can use for plot later, please DM me!

Hello! I was thinking of making a Hunter of Hunters that's also a Darkbeast, though I remember you had mentioned Darkbeasts being rather overpowered. My train of thought was something along the lines of restricting him by giving him a strong moral code, but I'm not sure- so help me out with this if you can! Is it okay to begin with for him to be a Darkbeast? ^^

Hello! I was thinking of making a Hunter of Hunters that's also a Darkbeast, though I remember you had mentioned Darkbeasts being rather overpowered. My train of thought was something along the lines of restricting him by giving him a strong moral code, but I'm not sure- so help me out with this if you can! Is it okay to begin with for him to be a Darkbeast? ^^
I definitely think a strong moral code is a good way to restrict an overpowered character. Darkbeasts would be overpowered because not only would they transform into a physically stronger beast form, they will also project lightning. Potentially shocking their opponent with each brutally strong attack. It would make sense the church or workshop would want a dark beast to assume the role of Hunter of Hunters, seeing as you could potentially keep ANYONE in line, even their golden child Ludwig

For transformations, I'm thinking they come out as a side effect to the normal Blood ministration. Are you thinking your character is a newbie or already a veteran hunter?

I'll play off your moral compass idea and so long as you don't mind being diverted away from the main story at times, you can absolutely have your character be a darkbeasts.

Yup, that sounds fine by me! I was thinking potentially a newer hunter that decided to put his Darkbeast abilities to use by acting like a 'warden' to the hunters, but only when he deems his help is truly necessary and someone must be stopped, hence the moral compass. Could also be used to help indirectly in the case something else happens and it's way too far out of the others' abilities, though I'm not 100% sure how you'd handle something like that so I'm just spitballing if anything.

So regardless of his status as an HoH, he'll still be aligned with either the church or the workshop from what I understand, right? Hunter of Hunters is just a title or 'position' separate from said factions?

Yup, that sounds fine by me! I was thinking potentially a newer hunter that decided to put his Darkbeast abilities to use by acting like a 'warden' to the hunters, but only when he deems his help is truly necessary and someone must be stopped, hence the moral compass. Could also be used to help indirectly in the case something else happens and it's way too far out of the others' abilities, though I'm not 100% sure how you'd handle something like that so I'm just spitballing if anything.

So regardless of his status as an HoH, he'll still be aligned with either the church or the workshop from what I understand, right? Hunter of Hunters is just a title or 'position' separate from said factions?
So his origin could be from the church or workshop, and he could still become a HoH. But you can think of HoH as a separate organization, which will get most of their equipment from the workshop instead of the church.

This is because for an assassin type, the workshop would make more fitting weaponry as opposed to knightly regalia.

Also EVERYONE! I'll be finishing my handful of characters throughout the week which puts us in track to start by this weekend if everyone makes their sheets

Karcen Karcen EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Valerian Primatus Valerian Primatus AnotherSongForTheWeekend AnotherSongForTheWeekend

So his origin could be from the church or workshop, and he could still become a HoH. But you can think of HoH as a separate organization, which will get most of their equipment from the workshop instead of the church.

This is because for an assassin type, the workshop would make more fitting weaponry as opposed to knightly regalia.

Oh, I see! Thanks for the information (and sorry for the late reply, past few days have been busy), gonna get to making my character sheet over the next two days! ^^

Posted my CS, wanted to check if everything about it is good and if you had any ideas for the Darkbeast mutation, because I wasn't too sure how to introduce it!

Posted my CS, wanted to check if everything about it is good and if you had any ideas for the Darkbeast mutation, because I wasn't too sure how to introduce it!
So I think I'm going to mainly imply that mutations are somewhat random and come about when you take blood ministration. Some people get em, some people don't.

Blood ministration being the procedure that makes you immune to the plague, AND slightly superhuman. Very slight healing factor and extra strength being the baseline traits everyone gets, and then if you're super lucky you become something extra.

And you'd have that procedure done when you joined the hunters.

As for when we introduce it in narrative, it'll depend on where I decide to put you to start out. Solo or with the group, and that depends on our other hunters and how they fall on the board as well! If you're with everyone your character wouldn't feel the need to pull out the beast form right away. By yourself, for plot purposes, you might find yourself tangling with something of equal measure to you.

Aesthetically, I love the black bones and gray hair. It really fits with the more gnarly decayed creatures later on in the game.

Alright, got it! I'm fine with either of the two choices in regards to where to start, just gotta see everyone else first. ;p

As for the aesthetic, I saw the Darkbeasts in BB normally have black hair and white bones, but it feels a bit too 'gritty' if that makes sense. I feel like him changing from a more professional and well-kempt look into a much more savage and decayed one fits the transformation to begin with a lot more. Nice to hear it resonated with you too though! ^^

Alright, got it! I'm fine with either of the two choices in regards to where to start, just gotta see everyone else first. ;p

As for the aesthetic, I saw the Darkbeasts in BB normally have black hair and white bones, but it feels a bit too 'gritty' if that makes sense. I feel like him changing from a more professional and well-kempt look into a much more savage and decayed one fits the transformation to begin with a lot more. Nice to hear it resonated with you too though! ^^
I will say though, the flaming great sword is a bit much to carry around in addition to your dark beast powers. Can we lose the flames and keep the transformation?

Oh yeah, for sure. Changing that up rq!

Edit: Donezo with the edit, no more flaming. 8)

If there's any other changes you feel might be necessary, do tell! ^^

Last edited:
Just to keep everyone in the loop, we'll likely start writing sometime next week. Since I'm dragging my feet with all my characters, we'll hopefully be good to start right when Karcen finishes her character

yeah i hopefulyl will be done tonight or tomorrow feel free to add suggestions for rom and such i know lore more than gameplay

yeah i hopefulyl will be done tonight or tomorrow feel free to add suggestions for rom and such i know lore more than gameplay
I hear you. You might have to explain to me what exactly a kos is. I assumed it was a great one, but then you said in your backstory there were multiple Kos I believe?

I hear you. You might have to explain to me what exactly a kos is. I assumed it was a great one, but then you said in your backstory there were multiple Kos I believe?
the great ones operate on more than one plane what rom saw was kos on a higher plane and saw her on many planes as they operate on many planes at once

its not suposed to make complete sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back