• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Blood Ties (DrTrollinski & Soul OMU)

George shuffled up to Olivia and threw his arms around her, holding her as close as he could. He was still crying, but he tried to calm himself down for her sake. He wasn't really thinking about the fact that she didn't know what happened. He just wanted to be there for her in case she got upset as well - He was going to have to tell her at some point soon.

--

"I'll leave you here to rest. Seeing as you're not eighteen, we can't allow you to sign yourself out. Do you have a parent or carer I can contact? Anyone at all?" He asked.

Olivia blinks and hugs him back, confused to why he's crying, getting a bit scared.

Miranda pacing, worried sick, especially since Cole is missing.

--

Lexie sighs softly. "...not really... But I cant bother the King family right now... They have enough to deal with..."

".. Olivia..." He whispered to her. He wasn't going to tell her that dad got stabbed, that would upset her too much. ".. Dad got hurt..." He sniffled, hugging her as tight as he could. ".. That's why we're here... 'Cause he's in hospital." He added. He was getting ready for her to cry, and he'd be here if she needed him to be.

--

"The King family?" He questioned. ".. The stab wound victim? Are his family here, do you know?" He asked. He was clueless, but he could only assume that his family were here, or were at least on the way.

Olivia looks very upset for a moment before going very quiet and unmoving.

Miranda pacing, tears running down her face a bit, worried sick.

--

Lexie nods. "...I would assume they are here... They all love each other very much.... Miranda is going to be devastated if she loses Brandon... And even more so if she finds out her first son was taken... At least I'm going to assume he was...

".. Mom..." George called out to her, sniffling a few times as he wiped his eyes and pulled away from Olivia. ".. I gotta' go use the bathroom--.. Do you mind if I go...?" He asked as he stood up and went to her side, stopping her from walking and giving her a big hug to hopefully console her a little.

--

"I'll check to see whether or not they've arrived here yet... We haven't heard anything from her son, so I'll have to contact the Sheriff's Department and get back to you on that..." He sighed and walked over to the door, opening it up. ".. A nurse will come and check on you occasionally. There's a button on the side of your bed that you can use to call for one if you need it... Seeing as you're going to have trouble walking, a nurse will help you to the bathroom, if needed." He said, and then he walked out of the room.

DrTrollinski said:
".. Mom..." George called out to her, sniffling a few times as he wiped his eyes and pulled away from Olivia. ".. I gotta' go use the bathroom--.. Do you mind if I go...?" He asked as he stood up and went to her side, stopping her from walking and giving her a big hug to hopefully console her a little.
--

"I'll check to see whether or not they've arrived here yet... We haven't heard anything from her son, so I'll have to contact the Sheriff's Department and get back to you on that..." He sighed and walked over to the door, opening it up. ".. A nurse will come and check on you occasionally. There's a button on the side of your bed that you can use to call for one if you need it... Seeing as you're going to have trouble walking, a nurse will help you to the bathroom, if needed." He said, and then he walked out of the room.
Mirand stops her pacing and glances down. "H-Huh..? Oh... Sure hun... Go do that... We'll be here..." She said while patting his head. Olivia staring at nothing, looking down, quite upset but not expressing any of it.

--

Lexie said nothing as she closed her eyes while laying down.

"Thanks..." George sniffled and then got up. He had to walk back down towards the lobby, but that didn't matter. Once he was there, he went into the Men's restroom and went into one of the stalls and locked himself in there. He just figured out that the whole shock of his father getting near enough killed had actually taken quite the toll on him - he needed to go a lot more than he realized.

Ten or so minutes later, George returned to waiting outside of the operating room and then went up to Miranda, taking her by the hand. ".. Mom... Come and sit down..." He sniffled. ".. Don't be upset--.. Dad's strong... He'll be okay..." He said in an attempt to comfort her while he pulled her over towards the seats. (@Soul OMU)

Olivia staring blankly at the ground, not moving or saying anything, much more quite then usually.

Miranda stops pacing and looks at him. "I know... But I'm fine, I don't need to sit down..." She said as she leaned down and kissed his head. (@DrTrollinski)

George hugged her and then slowly went back to sit beside Olivia again. He lifted her up and sat her down on his lap and then her there, and then went back to hugging.

"You okay, Olive?" He asked softly. He knew her better than anyone - if there was something wrong, he knew.

Olivia says nothing as she stares down at the floor, just sitting stiffly against him. "...." She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes.

Miranda keeps pacing, wringing her hands a bit, very worried about Brandon.

"You can talk to me if you want to, Olivia..." He soothed as he rubbed her back. "I'm your big brother and I have to look after you, remember?" He smiled at her and hugged her close. "Are you worried about dad?" He asked softly.

DrTrollinski said:
"You can talk to me if you want to, Olivia..." He soothed as he rubbed her back. "I'm your big brother and I have to look after you, remember?" He smiled at her and hugged her close. "Are you worried about dad?" He asked softly.
Olivia says nothing still as she leans against him before finally speaking up. "...Cole's gone... Isn't he?..." She said softly while staring at the ground.

"I..." He gulped and looked up at Miranda. He didn't know. "Moooom...?" He called out hesitantly to her. "Where's Cole...?" He asked, his hug getting tighter on Olivia.

DrTrollinski said:
"I..." He gulped and looked up at Miranda. He didn't know. "Moooom...?" He called out hesitantly to her. "Where's Cole...?" He asked, his hug getting tighter on Olivia.
Miranda sighs softly and runs a hand through her hair, on the verge of tears. "...I-I don't know Georgey... I don't know..." She whispered while Olivia looked down, leaning against George.

George said nothing and simply hugged Olivia. He buried his face in her hair and held back his sobs, but still let tears break out from under his closed eyes. He knew for a fact that something bad had happened. That sucked so much. He wanted to see his big brother again - Where was he? Where had Cole disappeared to? It was such a shame. He loved Cole so much, and now he didn't even know if he was dead, alive, missing, or stuck somewhere between dying and dead - it broke his innocent little heart.

It was at least an hour and thirty minutes later that the light above the door of the operating room went out. George looked up, his tiredness finally breaking through. He was still holding tightly onto Olivia, though. He couldn't let his little sister feel alone in this time. He looked up at Miranda as the light went off, and soon enough, the doors creaked open and a surgeon stepped out, dressed in a white lab coat. He wore glasses, too. He was bald, but he flashed them all a friendly but sad smile.

".. Missus King?" He asked as he looked at Miranda.

DrTrollinski said:
George said nothing and simply hugged Olivia. He buried his face in her hair and held back his sobs, but still let tears break out from under his closed eyes. He knew for a fact that something bad had happened. That sucked so much. He wanted to see his big brother again - Where was he? Where had Cole disappeared to? It was such a shame. He loved Cole so much, and now he didn't even know if he was dead, alive, missing, or stuck somewhere between dying and dead - it broke his innocent little heart.

It was at least an hour and thirty minutes later that the light above the door of the operating room went out. George looked up, his tiredness finally breaking through. He was still holding tightly onto Olivia, though. He couldn't let his little sister feel alone in this time. He looked up at Miranda as the light went off, and soon enough, the doors creaked open and a surgeon stepped out, dressed in a white lab coat. He wore glasses, too. He was bald, but he flashed them all a friendly but sad smile.

".. Missus King?" He asked as he looked at Miranda.
Olivia closed her eyes as she leaned against George, shaking a bit as she tried not to cry. Miranda stopped pacing and looked at him. "Yes? That would be me..." She said softly while looking at the surgeon.

".. We have some news on your husband." He looked at the kids and saw how upset they looked and then stepped closer to Miranda and lowered his tone. ".. I highly doubt that you want me to sugar coat this for you, so I'll be honest. Your husband is alive and he'll most likely survive this incident... We've treated him and we'll have him on the way to a room soon. The wounds he got did quite a lot of damage to his stomach, but that's been repaired. We did lose him four times during surgery, but he was quick to come back to us... When he comes around, he'll still be on medication, so don't be alarmed if he isn't quite himself." He put on the most friendly smile he could manage. ".. He sure is a fighter, Missus King." He said.

DrTrollinski said:
".. We have some news on your husband." He looked at the kids and saw how upset they looked and then stepped closer to Miranda and lowered his tone. ".. I highly doubt that you want me to sugar coat this for you, so I'll be honest. Your husband is alive and he'll most likely survive this incident... We've treated him and we'll have him on the way to a room soon. The wounds he got did quite a lot of damage to his stomach, but that's been repaired. We did lose him four times during surgery, but he was quick to come back to us... When he comes around, he'll still be on medication, so don't be alarmed if he isn't quite himself." He put on the most friendly smile he could manage. ".. He sure is a fighter, Missus King." He said.
Miranda relaxes a bit and puts a hand on her heart. "Oh thank goodness he's okay..." She said softly while calming down a bit despite having heard he had been lost four times. "Okay... Thank you sir." She said softly while looking at him.

The surgeon simply nodded and then looked over at the children, flashing them a friendly smile. He went over and crouched down in front of them. He knew that these were Brandon's kids - the boy looked a lot like him. That was one of the kid's most distinguishable features.

"Dad's gonna' be okay, guys... Nothing to worry about, alright? You can see him soon." He smiled. George nodded a little and then wiped his eyes, keeping one arm around Olivia.

(@Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
The surgeon simply nodded and then looked over at the children, flashing them a friendly smile. He went over and crouched down in front of them. He knew that these were Brandon's kids - the boy looked a lot like him. That was one of the kid's most distinguishable features.
"Dad's gonna' be okay, guys... Nothing to worry about, alright? You can see him soon." He smiled. George nodded a little and then wiped his eyes, keeping one arm around Olivia.

(@Soul OMU)
Olivia looked up at him and nodded while leaning against George and resting her head against his neck to rest, still hasn't slept enough to be fully operational.

Miranda sits down by them and brings them close.

Over the next twenty minutes, they were getting Brandon to a different room in the hospital where he could rest for a while and hopefully be awake by the time his family got there. They had something else in store, though - They had a surprise visit from another doctor that came bearing bad news. The doctor had left Lexie alone for the whole couple of hours - he left nurses to take care of her, and seeing as she couldn't walk, he expected her to be asleep by now.

"Ah! Missus King, I assume?" He ran over to her and sat down beside her. He didn't want to panic the kids anymore after what they'd been through, so he lowered his tone just like the surgeon did. ".. We've got an... Alexandra Ruth, in another room... She was dating your son? Well, she was injured as well - it wasn't quite as severe as your Brandon's injuries, but she's currently unable to walk as two of the discs of her spine have slipped out of place. She's told us that she has no carers, but seeing as she's not eighteen yet, we can't allow her to take responsibility for herself. She needs surgery, and without it, she may never walk again... It's a lot of damage, but right now she's resting and she's stable. She told me she doesn't have the money to pay for the healthcare bills - I was wondering if you knew anyone I could contact who could help with that. I don't like seeing people as young as her leaving hospital in a wheelchair." He explained.

DrTrollinski said:
Over the next twenty minutes, they were getting Brandon to a different room in the hospital where he could rest for a while and hopefully be awake by the time his family got there. They had something else in store, though - They had a surprise visit from another doctor that came bearing bad news. The doctor had left Lexie alone for the whole couple of hours - he left nurses to take care of her, and seeing as she couldn't walk, he expected her to be asleep by now.
"Ah! Missus King, I assume?" He ran over to her and sat down beside her. He didn't want to panic the kids anymore after what they'd been through, so he lowered his tone just like the surgeon did. ".. We've got an... Alexandra Ruth, in another room... She was dating your son? Well, she was injured as well - it wasn't quite as severe as your Brandon's injuries, but she's currently unable to walk as two of the discs of her spine have slipped out of place. She's told us that she has no carers, but seeing as she's not eighteen yet, we can't allow her to take responsibility for herself. She needs surgery, and without it, she may never walk again... It's a lot of damage, but right now she's resting and she's stable. She told me she doesn't have the money to pay for the healthcare bills - I was wondering if you knew anyone I could contact who could help with that. I don't like seeing people as young as her leaving hospital in a wheelchair." He explained.
Miranda blinks as he addresses her and tells her what happened to Lexie. "Oh no... That's horrible... And I don't know if Lexie has any other family... But I could help with that if I may." She said while looking at him.

"Alright..." He smiled at her. ".. It's a lot better than her being wheelchair-ridden. Thank you, Missus King... I'll have some documentation given to you soon." He smiled and then looked over at the kids. Oh, why not, they may as well come and see their father now. They both looked tired, but they were keeping themselves awake in anxiousness. "You kids ready to go and see dad?" He asked as he leaned over and peered around the side of Miranda.

George's face lit up with a tired smile. "Is he awake...?" He asked.

"Well, he will be when you guys go and see him. I bet he'll be proud of how brave you've both been." He smiled and rose up. George also stood up and picked up Olivia, but she was way too heavy for him to carry.

"Mom, can you carry Olivia? I ain't strong enough." He said to her.

Miranda nods as she looks at her son and smiles a bit. "I will I just need to finish talking to this doctor darling..." She said while looking at him. Olivia snoozing a bit but still partially awake.

"There's not much else to talk about." He smiled at her. ".. If you want to get the kids sorted out, I'll lead you to where their dad's staying." He smiled warmly at her and then linked his hands behind his back while watching over her for a few moments. He stepped back towards the door and leaned against the wall beside it so that she had a couple of minutes to get the kids ready and talk to them if she needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back