• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blessing of the Moon | In Character Thread

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
River O'Connor || Rivercrest Pack || Lead Scout

ceda192e8345819a420cf8fbdbbee16e.jpg

River had continued to slump against the building brooding over her own muddled up thoughts before, as usual-- they were brought back to the baby. She let out another sigh, her warm breath letting out a few wispy puffs of fog in the mornings still bitter chill, luckily her jacket was actually serving it's intended purpose of keeping her not freezing to death. That is rather than her current usage of keeping her belly more discreet. As much as the girl liked to talk a big game and was rather difficult to embarrass- in part due to her two main emotions seemingly being happy, or about to rip someone's head off in an ironically stereotypical Irish fashion. But for some reason having this whole pregnancy just made her feel strange.

Maybe this was in part due to not knowing how or where to even find the babies dad, she remembered what he looked like- but they were both drunk, his scent was nowhere even in the deepest reaches of her mind and well- It wasn't like she'd force him into this anyway, it's not like they'd planned it and for that matter of a fact he didn't even know about it. She'd kept the whole situation secret from the pact mostly for that fact, she wasn't the type to sleep around, let alone not even know the dad. She was meant to be strong, reliable. She was the Lead scout, she wasn't meant to be getting caught up in such- stupid situations.

And yet the other part of why she kept hiding it wouldn't stop nagging at her whenever she looked at Jeremiah. She couldn't help but think, but try to understand what... what her dad would think of her. He'd only ever wanted the best for her, for her to grow up strong- to become the Beta one day after him even if she didn't really think she was up to task by any means. He was so- amazing, a part of her still hoped he was out there, alive... trying to get back to the pack or even if he wasn't, that he was happy. It was a childish dream, she was well aware of that even through her general obliviousness.

"What would you think of me now?... huh... Guess I've messed up big time. Would you be angry? I mean, I bet you'd be hunting down that guy to beat his head off, right? ha... Would you want me to have kept it? To not-... of the kid to not have a dad?... For- for me to put such a burden on the pack, I know you'd be mad about that part...."

The words left her as almost some subtle plead to the gods of old, as though asking them for an answer she knew she couldn't get. Her eyes watering but unable to produce any tears, not that she wanted to- if she did she'd only look like even more of an overemotional dunce when going back inside. It was only upon turning her head to the side at the sound of shoes coming up the stairs she noticed the alpha, immediately straightening up and putting on a grin, "I really gave 'em an earful, huh?... That'll show him to be such a jerk this early in the morning!~" She started off, unaware of if the man had actually heard her seemingly talking into the sky like a crazy person. After all Jeremiah wasn't a born wolf, it would be kinda hard to explain what her dad had said about all those legends.

She began to stretch her arm a little when the scent of breakfast hit her and not unlike a pup her face lit up with a far more genuine happiness, looking eagerly at the plate as he asked about where she'd prefer to eat. "Oh!- uh, I mean... I-Inside?" she let out as though partially caught off-guard by the concept of choosing, she was never great at sudden choices. She tended to prefer a more simplistic or direct path. She stood patiently waiting for him to make a comment or begin to walk back towards the door.

______

Crono Crono

scroll me!

Mood
relieved, excited
Mentions/Interacts
Henry @pseudo

Skyla Brannigan

Rivercrest-Enforcer

As Henry offered to accompany her she couldn't help the smile that overtook her face, nor the sigh of relief that escaped her lips.""Great! It'll be nice to have company,the sentiment was true, Skyla was more than capable of tracking on her own, but being a lone wolf (so-to-speak) wasnt her style and Henry was some of her favorite company. As she happily turned her attention back to her plate, the fork scraped across the ceramic in her excitement. With a slight wince she stuffed another forkful into her mouth. Finishing her plate she pushed herself from the table and maneuvered to the sink, cleaning her own plate. "I'm gonna go wash off the stench of my run this morning," Sky almost had to yell over the running water as she spoke to Henry. "I'd hate for the deer to smell me before we smell them. I'll meet you back here in say....an hour?"She was able to lower her voice again as she shut off the water and dried her hands. "If anyone else wants to join, you know where to find me," she mused before heading to her dwelling.

Skyla's room was a reflection of herself. Sage green walls adorned with wooden shelves and otherwise minimal decorations. The space was light, open, and rather well kept. Kicking her running shoes off by the door she padded to the door to the shower-room that adjoined her room. After turning on the shower she undressed as the steam filled the bright room. The water was near perfect as she finally stepped into the shower. It was like the water was replacing the dirt on her skin as it fell over her body. She spent more time feeling her muscles unclench then she did actually bathing, which could be said for most days. Skyla had been generous in giving herself an hour, it was rare that it took her longer than twenty minutes to ready herself for anything, much less a small tracking expedition.

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

Maddox Kincaid

Maddox always felt like he was balanced on the edge of a knife when speaking with Astrid, or even in her presence with no words exchanged. He was well aware that there were members of Briarwood who didn't trust him and his ties to Dawnguard, such as they were. He tried not to let it bother him, but with Astrid that just wasn't possible. The woman was damn near inscrutable at times and at the end of the day, the buck stopped with her: it was her opinion that mattered about him and his place in the Pack. He never knew if he was doing well or digging himself a hole in the Alpha's presence. In the meantime, all he could do was put in work and do everything in his power to keep Briarwood strong.

A smile -- and a casual one, at that. That was a good sign, or at least he hoped it was. Maddox returned Astrid's smile as she asked about him getting his "beauty sleep" before following her gaze toward the kitchen. He nodded in reply. "Sure, I'll be around for a bit. I'd like to go check a few of the traps later, but that can wait a bit. By all means," he finished, gesturing toward the kitchen with another smile at Astrid and Kaira before taking a seat near the fire.

As Maddox did so, his thoughts wandered back toward the dream. Should he bring it up with Astrid and Kaira? If anyone would know something, it'd be the wise Alpha or the former Healer and soon-to-be Beta, right? But no, there was no point in that. It had just been a strange (all right, very strange) nightmare. What did he have to gain in broaching the subject with either of them, excepting perhaps making himself look even less trustworthy and wasting their time? Besides, Maddox didn't put as much stock as many other Pack members in superstition and the prophetic interpretation of neurons firing at random in one's sleep. Pushing the thoughts away, he turned to watch the wind rustle through the pine leaves, sipping at the steaming mug of tea in his hand.

Briarwood | Enforcer | Settled | Interactions: Astrid (@pseudo) Kaira ( Maskruelty Maskruelty )

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Greyson Monroe

Galestorm Enforcer | Location: Pack Kitchen | Mentions: N/A | Tags: Safa - @NanLia, Sasha - Maskruelty Maskruelty , Natalie - @pseudo, Salem - @WickedLillies

Grey swirled his cup gingerly as Saffa described the typical morning around here, watching the water whirling within. The man tensing slightly at the mention of the Winter Ball security meeting, the movement destroying the rotating motion of the water he had going. Giving up on his momentary amusement he huffed lightly, "That was today wasn't it." He spoke in a defeated tone. Greyson had completely forgotten if he was honest, well at least he hadn't missed it. "Thanks, I'll be there just uh..." His mind went to trying to figure out exactly how to make sure he was awake to get to said meeting, and his eyes veered towards Natalie. "Do me a favor and make wake me up?" He requested with a sheepish smile. Even if Saffa gave him the time before the meeting itself, making it so that his phone would go off to wake him up or remind him was a different story. Greyson had gladly offered himself for the Ball security because frankly he barely had enough time for himself as of late, so meeting someone he took an interest in at the ball wasn't exactly something he wanted to do.

Salem followed up asking if he wanted anything along with Natalie remind him of the coffee in the pot. Briefly he considered both but axed the coffee, he didn't need that in his system given his plan to get some rest relatively soon. The food however was a different story and despite his plans he caved in, "If you're sure you wouldn't mind, I could go really for an omelet. Just throw some cheese in it and I'm good." Grey smiled at them despite Salem not having looked away from the food. If nothing else he could trust that the Beta's food would be good, it typically was when they offered themselves up for cooking duties. Now that the had little else to do beyond waiting for the food to become available he turned his attention to Natalie's question. The man leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms over his chest, "Well, I gave out three speeding tickets. Chased down a drunken, naked, homeless man at the park. He showed his appreciation by vomiting all over the backseats of the cruiser on the way to the station." One glance around and he quickly realized a fault on his part for bringing that up with the food at hand and chuckled, "Sorry. Probably could have left that part out. After that I sat my desk doing paperwork for the rest of the shift. So, nothing too out of the ordinary." The man shrugged.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

scroll me!

Mood
paranoid, aching
Mentions/Interacts
Safa @NanLia Salem @WickedLillies Natalie @pseudo

Sasha Janikova

Galestorm-Nurse

The young girl found her way to a seat amongst her packmates after filling her mug with mostly coffee, dashing it with cream and sugar. Her chocolate hair fell into her face as she lowered her mouth to the mug, silently observing the menial small talk of the morning. There was so much to do before the Winter Ball and Sasha couldn't seem to find the place in her brain where she had stored the bit about her responsibilities for the event, even though she was almost positive she had done whatever it was. Swiping a slender finger along her bottom lip catching a drip of her coffee, Sasha shook her head in response to the question of breakfast.

As Greyson recounted his evening Sasha felt the familiar haze start to filter into her vision and simultaneously felt herself relax. "No big plans here, if you guys want any help with anything though, I'm more than willing to help," her voice was losing the gravel that it had been tinged with upon her entrance and she knew she was acting more like herself now. Her light eyes flicked around the room as she waited for some kind of instruction for the day, torn between the desire for orders and the realization that she hadn't gotten a dress for the ball yet.

scroll me!

Mood
excited, caring
Mentions/Interacts
Astrid @pseudo Maddox Safton Safton

Kaira Skau

Briarwood-Beta Nominee

Kaira was lost in her strides toward the main house when she felt a slight tug on her hand as Astrid stopped. She turned to see Maddox. The soft girl waited patiently as Astrid and Maddox exchanged brief words. A soft smile was still marked across Kai's face as her eyes flicked between the pair. "Good morning, Maddox," Kaira chirped after Astrid's greeting. At Maddox's mention of checking the traps Kai lifted her face toward the incoming breeze. "I think you'll have luck with those traps, Her cobalt eyes glinted slightly as she spoke. There was nothing to say Kaira would be right or wrong about the traps, but she felt the gods smiling on her that day and strongly believed they would smile on her friends as well.

After her dream the night before, she felt especially connected that day and it was like she could feel the connection within the people around her. After her accident Kai started noticing how people looked at her when she talked about her connection and did her best to keep it to herself unless asked these days. But there was something about the air that was screaming to her to speak today. Social cues were new to her and she opted to follow those and keep her dreams to herself.....for now.

It was a rather quick interaction before Astrid turned to return to their previous quest for warmth and tea. The roles now reversed with Kaira being the one keeping up with Astrid, their hands still interlocked. "We wont be long!" Kaira called quietly over her shoulder to Maddox, who was left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back