• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blessed by Gods, Forsaken by Man

Newson

grant me eyes

"And so a new being was born into this world, one of the gods, one of magic. And the kin of man, were confused. Just as much as the new beings were."

The lands of Nodros has always been plagued with struggles for power and a superior place in this world, but this struggle is one of magic, that which has been bestowed by the gods. It started a long time ago, when the gods blessed normal mortals with powers that are of god like proportions. Men and women could now bend flames, call a storm from the sky or the sea, or shift the very ground below us. It was kept among themselves, a secret magic that only a few held. But once someone of power was granted these powers, King Didus of the city of Caurdrin, it became known nationwide. He used it to threaten his citizens, other kings and leaders, even his very bloodline. The king was overthrown in a hasty coup, King Didus was executed, and his unruly and strict cousin, Malin, came to power. He outlawed the use and creation of this magic, locked away or executed those who were open about their magic. Those who weren't so, went into hiding. Soon, Malin wasn't the only leader who was locking away magic. It became taboo, evil, and they believed malevolent gods had bestowed it upon them, not the holy ones they worshipped.

By now, almost all the lands of Nodros have outlawed magic. But it hasn't stopped the kindling of their flame. More and more were being born with magic in their bodies and there was no way of stopping it. They were thrown away, shamed, and lost. Forsaken by their former kind. They became different from humans,

they became the Forsaken.

"They were forsaken by man, thrown out like the monsters they were seen as. They were lost, but they weren't gone."

The basic premise of the roleplay is that your character (YC) is a Forsaken. "Blessed" by the many gods with magic that no man could have. But the Forsaken have been well... forsaken by people. There is no safe haven for them and they are become distressed, and some even angry. The story, or your story, is of you deciding what your place is in this world. Will you hide your powers? Will you use it for good? Or use it to take back what was yours?

More will be delved into such as setting, locations, the exact magic, events, and everything that makes up this roleplay. But this is just the basic premise. Thank you for reading my interest check, please ask questions if I left anything out!

Hi there, I am very interested! I had a question:

- Is it possible that the character I create has been using her/his magic to help people in small ways? A person that uses it when the need arises (say to stop an assault or robbery) but s/he is still pretty good about hiding away and making it discreet?

I don't know if you had a maximum amount of players in mind but I'd like to join.

Thank you everyone for repsonding and taking interest in my roleplay! I will answer questions and respond now.

@Prudentia, it would be very hard for someone like that to make it in life. While doing small good deeds for people is much appreciated, the fact that they use magic throws everyone off. They would most likely be shamed and not credited. Every normal person is usually extremely racist to the Forsaken. As they do treat them like outcasts or monsters.

@Ambedo, I understand you want to jump right ahead into making relationships, but I'd wait until the roleplay is up and running and we're creating characters.

@Alannnah and @Chisengen, both of you can join. I never really put a maximum amount of people on my roleplays, mostly because I don't think they'll garner any success.

And thank you everyone else for your interest. Not to hype anyone up, but I'll be starting the creation process for the roleplay. Not sure how long it will take because of the new system and all. But I'll update everyone along the way.

I can already feel ideas flowing! I'd love to learn more about how you'd like to make this world so color me interested and ready to go!

Wow. There's a lot of people interested in this. I don't expect exactly everyone to come through and actually join, so I won't let off anyone. Now to answer questions.

@Arvis90, well I was going to delve into the actual magic when I opened the roleplay, which is under construction. But a basic description, they are under the signs of the gods. Which means magic by one person is a translation of a god's. I won't give away the exact magic, but I'll just give the base idea.

And thank you everyone else who was interested in this! I hope to prove to be a good and friendly GM who makes this roleplay something fun to do.

This is a very interesting idea for a story. I have some questions, like what races live in this world, the extent of the powers and the limitations to keep people from god modding each other. But I am very interested in this if there is still room ^^. 

@zCrookedz, I'm not quite sure on if there will be races in this world. Maybe different races of humans but probably no elves, dwarves, etc. And the powers are as such, for example, say you get fire powers blessed by the god of the sun, you can create simple flames, fires, everything. But you can't create a spiral fire tornado or incinerate an entire city. Does that help? I don't want to give away too much but I want to make it so you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back