• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings BlackDahlia's Roleplay Partners Hunt (OPEN)

BlackDahlia

The Flower..Not the Crime
About me: I am Sphinx, female, and I am a east coast USA'er. I love historical stuff but that isn't the only things I enjoy. I will roleplay just about anything as long as it's interesting and done well.

My expectations: Here is the crappy part because I feel like roleplay shouldn't have expectations but it kinda does have to :( . Mostly because you live and learn and i have had a few experiences here to warrant some guidelines.

• At LEAST a Two Paragraph minimum/NO ONE LINERS - (I want more than that because I love to write but sorry, not sorry! I just wanna be worth the effort for you because you are to me. I mirror whatever you give me, as best I can. I'm old school like that.)
  • Decent Grammar - (I do not want textspeak, etc. You don't gotta be overly elegant either, though I love detail!)
  • PM Roleplay preferred (But not a complete must, I have a bunch of other means to RP with you on)
  • Long Term RP Dedication- (This is what I am kinda going for here. I want someone I can write with longer than two weeks.)
  • Be flexible with plots and awaiting replies - (I am not here all the time, nor do i expect you to be, but I do reply quick I think. Also if you don't like a plot or plot direction, just tell me we can sort it out of character and figure something out.)
  • Must be 20 or over - (Just because I just want it that way.)
  • Romance - (Is a must. I believe in a slow burning love story)
  • If your bored - Say so. (Because I have been dropped more times than I can count.)
  • Realistic FaceClaims please
  • Do Not Metagame or Powergame (Don't use ooc information on my character icly and don't post actions for my character)

Fandoms (as people call them):
Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy
Game of Thrones
Peaky Blinders
Taboo (Currently would LOVE to RP something like this tv series)

Pairings: (I do FxM, MxM and play both genders well, though I love to play the female most times!)

• Dangerous Biker/Old Lady or GF
  • Warrior/Servitude
  • Gladiator/Senate Daughter
  • 1920's bootlegger/Hostage-Victim
  • Romeo/Juliet Type
  • Witch/Villager
  • God/Goddess
  • Anything Medieval Type
  • Artist/Fan
  • Celebrity Play
  • MMA Fighter/Partygirl
  • Knight-Drifter/Gypsy-Thief
  • Addict/Dealer
  • Criminal or Inmate/Cop or Lawyer
  • Mad Max Dystopian
  • Professor/Student
  • Vampire plots
  • Slice of Life

All of the above are negotiable, changeable, or open to be talked about. I LOVE OTHER IDEAS TOO. The point is to crawl around in someone else's head and create something beautiful.

Plot #1: I was thinking that maybe a mean King of somewhere, (perhaps even as primitive as viking-esque) has a bane of his existence that is a female, and she is an assassin/theft type whom works for another Kingdom. She terrorizes him to the point that she attempts to kidnap his son and in that botched kidnap the boy ends up dying. He catches her and keeps her prisoner there. She ends up falling for him because she gets to study him and learns he is nothing like her employers think. He gets to appreciate her cunning and enjoys her bravado. Two people who hate each other ending up finding emotions that wax and wane for each other in a situation where they both know it's overly wrong for her to think of him as anything but her cruel enemy and him much the same of her but tack on the added grieving father, husband, etc.

Plot #2: Muse A (Female) is married to Muse B (Male) who is brothers or best friends with Muse C (Male). Muse A finds out that Muse B is planning on going off to war with Muse C. Leaving her alone for a period of time, Muse C returns with news that Muse B has been killed. Mourning, Muse A finds that having Muse C stay with her leaves her to explore repressed emotions for him that she had been hiding.

Plot #3: Muse A is a young queen who has married into a dysfunctional royal family. Though her husband, the king, is even-tempered and kind-hearted, there are constant feuds between the king’s siblings who rule the neighboring kingdoms. During a lavish banquet, a fierce swordfight breaks out between rival members of the noble family and the good king is slain in the process of trying to keep the peace. Sadness sweeps over the kingdom and other rulers from far and wide come to the funeral to pay their condolences to the bereaved queen. Muse B, a beautiful elf who is next in line to their throne, dutifully makes the journey on behalf of their ailing father though they want nothing to do with kingship or the responsibilities that the crown entails. When Muse B meets Muse A they discover that they are kindred spirits, Muse A never wanted to be royalty either. The unlikely pair decide to run away together in the dead of night, consequences be damned.
Plot #1: Muse A and a handful of friends take a much-needed trip down to a popular beach destination once school is out for the summer. With stressful finals and assorted messy breakups to recover from, several days of partying on the resort grounds is just what the doctor ordered. Muse A and pals make a concerted effort to dedicate their vacation to the fine arts of drinking and debauchery. Muse A gets off to an early start of it when they meet Muse B on the beach. Since both parties are looking for a no-strings good time, no one bats an eye when the acquaintances head back to the hotel together. In the morning, Muse B quietly slips out to avoid any awkward lingering and Muse A is content with that minus the fact that they don’t know how to contact Muse B to hang out again. Not too bummed about it however, Muse A moves on with their day and goes out with friends later on. Muse A’s pleasantly surprised to encounter Muse B as they’re walking to dinner and Muse A figures it’s their chance to ask for a number. Muse B seems a little confused by Muse A’s approach at first, but after several minutes of flirtatious banter, they give up the digits. When Muse A shows up at Muse B’s hotel room door that night for drinks, Muse A is shocked to learn that Muse B has an identical twin (Muse C). Muse A isn’t sure which twin they hooked up with, but they are sure that things have just gotten more interesting.

Plot #2: A blonde surfer meets a runaway who is in a bit of trouble with a last man who gave her a ride and took her in. She wants to get away from the creep but she just isn't strong enough to. It means that she has to come when he calls. The runaway begins to fall in love with the surfer and they plot to end her suffering even if it means ending a life.

Plot #3: A young native american indian has always had a best friend. Him and her have always been best friends. He learns at a young age that he is a werewolf through his first shift. A lot of his tribal family are wolves too and he keeps the secret as they all go, even from the girl who is his best friend. As he grew into an adult, he found that his attraction to his best friend was beginning to morph into something more. He picks a night to tell her, and it happens to be a full moon. How will she take that her best friend is a wolfman? How will she take learning that werewolves exist?

Plot #4: A woman is married to a man who is very focused on work, and in his absence, his single older brother and his wife are put into a situation where they realize that she is not meant to be married to his brother. Perhaps her and her brother in law have more in common than they thought. *romance driven story*
Wartime Plot #1: Muse A is a drafted soldier who was wounded in one of their first battles, only to wake up in a town on the other side of the border after scavengers mistook them for one of their own. In order to survive they must begin a subterfuge, masquerading as a soldier from the other side, and somehow manage to fool Muse B, the person who’s been caring for them since they were saved. When the town is invaded by their own side, they’re faced with a decision: protecting their saviors or rejoining their country. Optional: Muse B found an I.D. on them initially and knew the entire time.

Pirate Plot #2: Muse B breaks in to Muse A’s home and begins to raid Muse A’s late mother’s jewelry. In an attempt to stop Muse B, Muse A steals one of their father’s swords and holds the pirate at sword point. Since Muse A has never had any kind of training, they are easily overpowered by Muse B. Upon taking a closer look at Muse A, Muse B decides that they are worth far more than any bejeweled trinkets. So Muse B offers a proposition; in exchange for ending the bloodshed and leaving port, Muse A must come aboard Muse B’s ship as a captive. Muse A is terrified, but they are kind-hearted and wish to protect their town, so they reluctantly agree. So now Muse A must face their fears and leave their life behind. How will they fare and what will their relationship be like with Muse B?

1920 Gangster/RumRunner Plot #3: Muse A and Muse B are a team of federal prohibition agents, tasked with going undercover to gain information about the supply and distribution of illegal alcohol. They infiltrate the largest speakeasy in the city, mingle with the patrons, buy plenty of rounds for the house, and after time become close with the under boss of a powerful organized crime family. Now armed with the necessary information to make a bust, Muse A and Muse B are torn. Being able to shed their stiff collars and enjoy a few drinks has been a welcome relief. Will they be able to leave it behind and enforce the law they promised to uphold?
Alien Plot #1: Several years of diplomatic communications with extraterrestrial beings have culminated in peace between aliens and humans. With no imminent threat of harm, earthly life continues as usual and the existence of aliens is no longer something to fear but something to be excited about. Aliens and humans have agreed to work together for the betterment of both worlds; aliens are granted access to natural resources on earth that they cannot find on their own planet, and in exchange they offer earth access to advanced technologies that even the brightest humans could not conceive. The aliens are sending a troop of their kind to earth on the first ever collection mission this evening. Government officials will meet them at the designated landing site and one lucky civilian, chosen by a lottery drawing, will be invited. Muse A is this lucky civilian who has won the privilege of hosting an alien ambassador in their home for the duration of the extraterrestrials’ visit. Muse A will be compensated monetarily and also have bragging rights over a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. Muse B, the alien ambassador who will stay in Muse A’s home, is charged with the task of learning about modern earth culture and seeing how far humanity has advanced in the last few decades. The aliens can mimic the appearance of humans nearly perfectly due to an ability to shift the structure of their DNA at will. Who will learn more from whom?

Post Apoc Plot #2: In a post-apocalyptic world, where natural resources once thought to be infinite in supply have become scarce, humankind has become hostile and joyless. The very few who have not lost their will to be happy, despite grim circumstances, have joined up with a mobile task force (the traveling circus) to spread merriment to the masses and to remind people of better times. Muse A, sweet and shy, and Muse B, confident and blunt, are both performers in the traveling circus. They travel with a small band of others and the Muse B is the ringleader between town establishments. Unbeknownst to Muse A the ringleader (Muse B) has been stockpiling resources smuggled from each town they’ve visited, branding them all as criminals. When Muse A accidentally discovers this secret stash, they immediately fear for their safety, decides to run away from the circus but it’s not as simple to get away as they think.

TLDR: I will play anything: Historical, Medieval, Modern, Post-apocalyptic, Victorian, Steampunk, or anything in between not listed.

PLEASE chat me up if you don't see anything here listed. If you wanna come up with something or have an idea and like what I have done on the forum, or just wanna chat because I'm pretty awesome - hit me up with a PM or reply here. Also, Discord: Sphinx#9875

Last edited:
I would love to RP with you. Though I don't watch any of your shows, I love historical stuff. I prefer to play females, but I'm totally willing to double up. Any particular plots you're dying to try?

Hello, I am super interested in finding a detailed, long term roleplay partner, and you seem like a great writer based on your expectations. I would be very interested in roleplaying with you, and I can pm you and we can discuss the details.

Hey, hey, hey! So... are you still looking for an rp? x3 I really enjoyed some of the prompts you listed up there; the

Dangerous Biker/Old Lady one gives me some pretty nice imagery--not gonna lie. That one aside, I'm also interested in the

Egyptian Prince/Foreign Princess, 1920's Gangster/Hostage, and Witch/Villager. I generally do MxM for romance plots, but I'm open to other pairings depending on the story and what types of characters it generates. ^^ If you're still free for an rp, please let me know! Thanks!

**BUMP**

Still on the hunt.. Looking for new players!
If you like anything on the list, let me know with a reply or PM!

Are you into furries? Do you like horror or fantasy? If you answer yes to any of the following, Please pm me now!

**BUMP**

Still on the hunt.. Looking for new players!
If you like anything on the list, let me know with a reply or PM!
Sons of Anarchy would be fantastic! I absolutely love the show ans a roleplay set in that universe would be fantastic.
The motorcycle club also works for me! Either of these two plots would be the bomb diggity!

Wow. There is actually a LOT I could run with here:

Game of Thrones

Would love some Westerosi play. Maybe a touch less bleak than the canon proper. Or at least the story doesn't end with both our characters dying whilst betraying each other.

Gladiator/Senate Daughter
MMA Fighter/Partygirl
Knight-Drifter/Gypsy-Thief

These all kind of fall into the category of "knight and lady" and I am ALWAYS down for that slow build romance! Could even have such set in the aforementioned Westeros RP.

Romeo/Juliet Type

Okay, here's one I've always wanted to get off the ground. A "dating Catwoman" superhero RP where I play a superhero who falls hard for a villainess.

Romance - (Is a must. I believe in a slow burning love story)

So do I . . .

I'm down to plot and write with you in modern setting along with discussing ideas with you if you're fine with that!

I would want to discuss this on PM but I'm still new here and I'm not allowed to use it yet, so maybe you PM me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back