• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic BioGenesis Safe House: Surviving the Post-Apocalypse.

Ashmorne

Little Wanderer

Please use this log of events to see the major and important events that have happened in the RP while you were away.

L
OG OF EVENTS

• Please use this log as a way of catching up on notable events that happened in the RP while you were away or before you joined. Please PM me (Ashmorne) if there is something I need to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waves.

Chana could hear the noise in the distance as they traveled towards the sound of the ocean. Broken glass from looted shop windows covered part of the sidewalk that she walked on, Asher walking close by her side. The air above looked streaked with ash, its color permanently tainted from the pollution of war. Now the sky in the evening looked a dull yellow, dusty and patchy, instead of the vibrant blue that Chana remembered.

She walked, ears listening hard for any sounds around her. Anything could be out here. She'd never been to this city before. In fact, she had lost track of all the broken towns that she and Asher had traveled. Would this town be any different? The thought plagued her mind, as she thought about the prospect of survivors. She and her brother walked in the shadows, lurking quietly as not to be detected. The sound of water grew increasingly loud. They must be nearing the coast. At least by the water, they would be safe from the Compromised...a shiver ran down her spine at the thought of the crazed Stage 3 victims that wandered these lands. She would do anything to protect herself and her brother from them.

Buildings became smaller behind them as they approached the outskirts of town. A little ways away, she could see the ocean spread out like a glittering carpet. But something else piqued her interest first.

A large building sat at the end of a long, asphalt path. It was close to the ocean...close enough that not many Compromised would dare go there. The place looked like it had once been a college or some sort of institution. Weeds and wild plants grew all over, tumbling over the brick and wrought iron gates. Despite that, it looked as though it had been...prepared. The building wasn't crumbling or broken, or even as weathered as all the others in these wastelands. Hope pricked at her.
Hmm. I could see that place housing survivors. Asher and I could stay there. We have to explore it. Chana thought tentatively. She took a breath, glancing down at Asher. He was gazing at the massive, regal building as well.

"Up for an adventure?" she asked, looking at him. He simply nodded, eyes transfixed on the house as though it were a beacon.

They approached the gates and began to climb over. It was starting to get dark...they should get inside fast. They scaled the fences easily enough, Chana's boots landing with a soft thud on the brick path before them. The building looked prestigious, walls of brick and marble in the midst of lots of property. A big staircase, with two lion's head statues on either side, led up to a wide porch and a heavy door. She took a deep breath, and looked around, wondering if any survivors would be around. This building was definitely abandoned...but it looked inhabitable. She felt the first tinges of a hope long quelled begin to wrap around. This place, so artfully placed by the water, could finally be a place where she settled down. But first, they had to get inside and assess the damage.

Chana paused at the foot of the stairs, were there any other survivors in the city? She thought strategically for a moment. The Compromised wouldn't venture too far here, she hoped. She pondered setting off one of her small fireworks, to signal other survivors to come in her direction...to explore this big house. Of course, she ran the risk of attracting unwholesome things. But what was the point of running anymore? She could defend herself and Asher.

Getting out the signaling fireworks, she got a lighter and set the fuse on the large box. It shot into the air and burst loudly, creating a starburst and sending little gold sparks everywhere. If there were any survivors left in the city, they would have seen that and hopefully known to come. She pulled Asher close to her side, and listened.

Hands rested on the sheathed blades strung on her hip, she stood waiting with her brother. They would linger for thirty minutes or so, prepared to see if anyone at all would appear.

The wind was cold that evening, a familiar feeling that always awoke Callassandra from her comatose state and threw herself into cold, hard reality. The heavy curtains that had sheltered her eyes from the outside lifted, and she peeked out from the small outhouse she had rest in. Looking around, she saw that the streets were bare, the only movements were the from the tall, birch trees violently whipping in the wind. Carefully, she wrapped a worn-knit sweater around her bare arms, and stepped out from the shelter. One hand fastened securely on her only weapon, and another held at the ready for any assailants, she walked away.

Time had passed since she had left her home. She was now on the streets, with no sign of any Compromised roaming. It seemed eerie, which was a feeling she normally took into her mind and retreated back to safety, where no dangers lurked around the corner. But tonight was special. It was the anniversary of Tito's infection. Tucked under her arm, was the teddy Tito carried with him everywhere. Cally wiped the dried tears off her cheek, and turned the corner.

In front of her, stood a massive building, overgrown with vines and weeds as tall as she was, encircled by rusty iron gates. She went up the bars, pressing herself against them, and observed it more. It's old, maybe even Rusty ages old, she thought to herself as her eyes scanned the property. Finally, they rested on a girl, around her age, on the hidden steps behind a tree. She seemed to be lighting something, and then the sky filled up with gold sparks. A survivor! She silently thought to herself, placing the teddy on the ground and jumping over the gate.

"Hello." Cally said quietly, a safe 10 or 15 meters behind the girl. Before she would lash out on Callassandra, she pulled down her sweater to reveal a tattooed insignia, one of the survivors. "Not infected, no need to panic." She smiled down at the little boy, then looked back up at the girl.

Within a couple minutes of the fireworks explosion, she heard rustling. Chana readied herself quickly at whatever could be coming. Steadily unsheathing her knives, she lowered her shoulders and waited a moment. A girl stood a few meters away from her. She didn't look infected...or threatening.

Chana stiffened slightly, but allowed herself to relax when the girl revealed that she was a survivor as well. The newcomer looked to be around the same age as she, albeit standing a bit taller than her. Chana let out a slow breath she didn't realize she was holding in and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I was worried there for a moment," she said with a slight relieved laugh, "I'm Chana. This is Asher. We're survivors too,"

"Hey," Asher said, staring out from behind Chana.

She chuckled again for a moment, dropping a hand to Asher's shoulder, and then turned her attention back to the girl.

"Have you ever seen this place before? We've been wandering for a long time...and I don't know. I've just never really seen anything like this before. I've heard rumors of people making safe houses, and I get it now. Would you be interested in checking this place out with us? It being by the ocean, I couldn't think of anything safer," Chana spoke directly, letting her ideas flesh themselves out. "Asher and I were planning on waiting here for a little while to see if anyone shows up, then looking around inside. Setting up camp,"

Her thoughts began to swirl with ideas and possibilities. This could be what they were all searching for...every survivor alike.

Safety.

Cally gave her and the small boy a curt nod, walking closer to her now that they both knew they were safe. "I, am Callassandra, but that's hard ta say, so everyone I knew called me Cally."

She looked around, surveying the plot of land. Birds and bugs buzzed about, trees growing from the inside and out. She laughed and looked down at the little boy, cupping his chin in her hand.

"No, I'm not from the suburban areas, because the Compromised seem to lurk around every corner. But when I stumbled upon here, it seemed so safe, I couldn't help but ta enter at my own risk."
I laugh, standing up to her full height now.

When she offers to scout the place out with her, I excitedly nod and smile, "Absolutely. It looks like a per-fect safe haven fo the survivors. I know of a few, that I have stumbled upon on my loots, and they might be coming soon!" I match her excitement, and let my thoughts tumble out as well.

I open up the small satchel around my waist, and empty the contents out on a rotten tree stump. A knife, the edges sharp and shining in the sunset, a bundle of rope along with some clips, a can of chicken soup, a small blanket, and the teddy. Smiling, I hand it to the little boy, and whisper in his ear, "It's magical, you know. It's kept me alive all this time, and now I want you ta have it. Keep him safe." Looking back up at Chana, I tell her my ideas as well. "I'm good at making indoor fires and finding food sources easily. If there's any medical needs, I could set up a small healing area in a corner fo ya, if ya like. I've also slayed a few Compromised, so if we're ever in danger, I'm the gal fo you."

Chana smiled as Asher took the bear slowly, and then tucked himself back behind her. He didn't particularly like meeting new people, but that was just because he had rarely ever had to meet someone new. But she could tell that he didn't mind Cally. Especially since she gave him a toy. Chana mulled over possibilities in her head as she tucked her knives back into their sheaths, putting an arm around her little brother.

"I say we should try and go in, see what's already there. Maybe then we could see if the group that lived here last left any supplies. I don't know, I just have a feeling that there'll be a lot in there. It looks an awful lot like one of those old apocalypse shelters. Here's to hoping we'll be lucky. I think we'll make a good team. Our skills are pretty compatible. I'm handy in combat too. And I worked in a hospital before the virus," Chana said as she began looking around the staircase. A metal plaque, coated in dust, was set into the brick. She wiped off the dust with her sleeve and squinted.

BIOGENESIS APOCALYPSE SHELTER.

FORMERLY KNOWN AS EAST UNIVERSITY.

The engraved words lit up Chana's hopes. She gestured for Cally to join her. Smile on her face, she pointed at the words.

"I don't know, but I think we definitely found the right place. We can turn this shelter into a safe house."

Isabel hated the color grey. And now everything was grey. The sky was grey because of pollution from war, the water grey from waste, clothes grey from soot and dirt, and most things on the ground, burned and covered in soot. What a waste. She thought to herself as she knelt down. She rummaged threw papers and wrappers on the ground, looking for SOMETHING to eat. She hadn't eaten in two days.

Nothing.

Isabel stood up, her hand clenched to her stomach as it became more and more talkative. 'You just have to keep moving forward.' Her father's words floated through her mind, making her heart sink. Her eyesight started to become blurry because of the teas forming in the corner of her eyes. She missed her family. God did she miss her family.

Isabel beat herself up everyday since she was separated from her family. She said to herself 'you should have payed attention' over and over again, hating herself for getting lost. For wandering off.

Her family went out to find food and supplies, and Isabel wandered off, thinking she found something farther off. Stupid mistake. Isabel went to go look, but it was nothing and by the time she got back to where he family was, they disappeared. Isabel screamed, looking for her family. She spend 3 hours trying to find them. She would have looked longer, but the sky was becoming tired and everything was darkening. So Isabel hid and slept in a box for a week. She cried until she thought she couldn't anymore. Selfish and weak.

Isabel soon came to her senses that living like that wasn't good, and that she would die if she continued like that. So she traveled, becoming a scavenger. She'd been like this for 2 weeks, and so far she'd lost twenty pounds. Her hair was nasty and she didn't smell nice. Isabel despised herself. She probably looked like she was infected, even though she wasn't.

Isabel kept walking, hoping that she would stumble upon something. And she did.

She walked 2 miles, and finally looked up from her feet. There was a grey building, looking well worn down but salvageable. "Oh my god." She whispered, and she walked quickly towards the building. She would have ran, but she didn't have enough energy or strength to do that. "Oh my god, oh my god." She kept on repeated those three words.

She reached the door, and grabbed the handle. She gripped it as if it was the only thing she could hold on so she wouldn't fall to death. And in a way, the door was. Isabel turned the knob and opened the door. The creaked as Isabel opened it. "Hello?" Her voice was quiet and weak.

"Hello?"

Chana heard the commotion from the other side of the house. Hearing the feeble voice, she called out from where they were standing, wondering where it was coming from.

"Hello! We're outside, by the gate!" she called, adjusted her boots over the grassy walkway. She pulled Asher a bit closer, readying herself. But she didn't think a voice that soft-spoken would belong to someone that wanted to harm them. She glanced at Cally, nodding her head.

"Looks like we've found another survivor,"

Vladimir laid on the roof of the apartment building, His eyes gazed the sky, the same sky that was once blue. Now it was a mere mixture of chemicals forming a gloomy yet beautiful contrast he seemed as if a rainbow had broken down and then infested with darkness. He could not resist the to feel lonely under such a dusky sky. Vladimir did miss the azure roof of the world but what he loved most was too sit as his eyes glanced of the ocean, that reflect the light blue color of the sky. In the evening the rays of the defeated sun, imposing a allure who's elegant beauty was verily magnificent yet so fragile that one may not dare move in the fear of destroy the perfect picturesque scene. From Vladimir's eyes one could see the old scenery that he remembered, some might say he still lives in the past to that his reply would be a question which seemed rhetorical to him, the question being, ' is it not worth it? '.

His joyous drive down the memory lane was soon interrupted more like intruded by a huge bang that he heard, maybe it was a grenade or maybe just a little fire cracker, who knew. To Vladimir it was a exit from the past. His eyes widened as he his mind rushed back to present, he stood up straight in a hurry his eyes peeks his neighboring directions. soon his gaze fell upon a golden ring, it was surely a creation of now rare fire crackers. A thought punctured into his mind, ' survivors '. He could feel a rush inside of his body, his heart was pounding his muscles contracting, he was ready to sprint in that location but sadly his mind did not let him, he was not naive enough. After all in this age filled with treachery over even the littlest of the things. He pulled out his pair of binoculars, the same one which he had carried over for his operation, but it did not remind him of his mates, not anymore at least.

Vladimir's jaw fell down, words quitting his mouth, he spoke, " The curtain began to descend. The dubious audience glaring at the conspicuous players, precarious of their parts on this stage we call our world. ". He could see three silhouettes which soon transformed into figures, it seemed two girls and a rather young gentleman. Their aura did not seem hostile and they seemed like genuine survivors unlike the bandits who held none of their humanity and were driven their fiendish nature to do heinous tasks.

He hurriedly garbed his rile after checking if it had any ammunition that it did possess. Vladimir dashed through the the fire staircase of the apartment complex, rushing towards a building that was rather yellow, it seemed as the marble had vulgarized rather abruptly during the war. The structure seemed rather strong as it had not acquired more then a few breach in it. Maybe Vladimir had found a new home but a very distinct grin had swarmed upon his face maybe even unconsciously, one has to wonder was it Vladimir or was it him.

It was moments till Vladimir reached the nearby estate, it seemed rather luxurious with two monumental figures of the fallen king, the king that once ruled his forest. Vladimir could relate to the poor being but did remark him, " Finally the felonies of nature swarmed upon him. Oh! You bloody executioner ". Vladimir was never found of kings who always were foolish minded with ludicrous ways to treat their subjects.

The dusk had now settled over the sea side land. Vladimir instincts reminded him of the beasts that wandered this realm. A realm that had been forged by being of Vladimir's kind. Vladimir did feel disgraceful being a human, the race that brought its home to such a hideous state.

Vladimir entered through the rusted iron gate, it could be a rather nice defensive if fortified he thought. Gently he closed it, putting its fragile lock back on. He took cover behind near the wall slowly finding the group he saw earlier, his rile resting over is shoulder. He was ready to shoot if needed. Vladimir had strategically entered the premise of the mansion from the back passage which was rather hidden and a normal person might even miss it.

Vladimir could soon see a group, his rile's barrel pointed toward them, the knife that was attached was tearing through the air as Vladimir moves slowly and silently. He did not make the slightest sound in the fear of scaring the herd that stood in front of him, he could not see anyone carrying a gun, but he could be wrong they were still at some distance. he mumbled in a low tone which was almost not audible to anyone but himself. " The rabbit had gathered everyone for his grand and mighty feast. Where everyone laughed and sang all night long. They drank, they danced, they were fearless of the dead hunter, but still they were verily naive to not perceive the fact that the hunt never ends. The predator never dies and that the massacre of this world shall forever go on. ". He paused at the spot as he stalked the group trying to understand their motives. It seemed all of them had just met, but it was foolish of them to be out under the light of the moon cause the moon might get stained bloody red tonight.

Ruka took careful steps forward as she scavenged through a small abandoned home, hoping to find something remotely useful. It had been around 6 years since her family had been killed by robbers, and she still had anxiety wandering through closed spaces like these with a limited number of exits available. Her only belongings consisted of a small pocket and the clothes on her back. She picked up two slightly damaged cans of preserved food, right as loud bang rung in her ears, causing her to drop both of the cans.

As she walked out the broken door to investigate the source of the ruckus, she noticed another building, this one much larger and more stable looking. That place has got to have something. She thought to herself as she pulled a hood over her messy silver hair and approached the new discovery, all the while thinking up a back up plan in case it was all a trap.

The closer she got, the more she noticed others, like her, gathered around the entrance. Seeing these people frightened rather than comforted her. She did not want another enemy, and she definitely did not want to risk aproaching them. But she had to if she wanted any chance of survival.

Ruka took in a deep breath and snuck forward, one hand firmly grasping the blade in her pocket. When she got close enough to hear their conversation, she stopped and waited. She waited for them to notice her, or do something that would give her a reason to keep moving

Chana paused, turning slowly. There was rustling at the gates, in different directions. There were others here...she felt it in her bones. Her flares were attracting many. But of course, she had anticipated that. She placed one hand over the blades in their sheath, another at the revolver tucked in her belt. If there was one thing she really knew how to do, it was protect. Steeling herself to talk to whatever figures were lurking in the darkness, She nudged Asher behind her and threw a sidelong glance at Callie. Lowering her shoulders, she spoke out into the darkness, her body in a defensive stance.

"I can hear you, whoever you all are. You can come out. I'm a survivor. I'm not trying to hurt you. I won't hurt you," she called, trying to keep her voice down and even. "But I think you're going to want in on this...this...this new safe house we found,"

She spoke boldly. There was no point in hiding it. She calculated outcomes in her mind. If these people were going to listen to her...she had to tell them about a worthy opportunity.

Ruka released her grip on the knife and aproached the strangers quietly. noticing the girl her age had a younger boy with her gave Ruka slight relief, at least she knew it wasn't a trap now. "Was that noise coming from here?' Ruka asked with a firm tone. she was still unsure of these stangers, but for now, she had to trust them.

Bruno fell from her chair when she heard a couple of bangs. She had just been reading a very interesting book about the Second World War, and how the Nazi used to gas the Jews. It was sad, but fascinating!

Bruno gasped and stuck her face to the window, hands, nose and cheeks smearing the fairly clean window. "
So many different colors!" She beamed as she kept looking at the colored sparkles in the distance. "Oh, that must mean there are more survivors!" She smiled and quickly shut her book and clutched it to her chest as she hurried out of the old, half torn down library.

As she ran towards the building she name up everything she knew about fireworks with a smile on her face, but in all her excitement, she lost the way a bit. She turned left and right on different safe streets with her book in the air as a weapon. Just because it was dangerous to be outside alone didn't mean that she stopped talking. Once she was busy, it was a little hard to stop talking

"… and then everything went wrong, the building blew up and everybody died." She finished, placing her hand on the handle when she finally found her way. This had to be the place. There was no mistake about it! "Lucy, I'm home!" Bruno called as she walked in. "I love Lucy, 1951." She smiled and started waving like a maniac when she saw the other people. "Hello, I am Bruno Mace, it's an honor to meet you!" Bruno took off her hat and bowed down low, as dramatic as ever.

Chana stood straighter, her body relaxing, when she saw a silver-haired girl approach. She looked about her age. Asher peered out from behind his sister, characteristically silent. Chana felt relief remove the stiffness from her spine. Keeping a hand hovering over her weapon, she inclined her head. She knew there were others, she just couldn't see them. Then, as quick as she thought it, another girl came barreling out of the mist. She looked to be just a little bit younger. Chana felt a bit startled at the girl's forwardness, but also found it refreshing. Looking between the two, she answered.

"
Yes, I set off the firework that made the noise...I'm trying to get together the survivors of this city. My name's Chana Eden, and this is my little brother Asher. My new friend Cally here and I stumbled across this old shelter. It seems safe, look at where it's located. We were thinking...you know...maybe making it into a safe house. I'm reckoning that it already has supplies inside, since it was once a BioGenesis fallout shelter," she said quickly, gesturing towards the plaque on the wall that proclaimed the name.

Looking at the girl, named Bruno, she grinned easily.
"Bruno, it's an honor to meet you, too,"

Asher blinked and murmured as well.
"I like your hat,"

"It was a university too!" Bruno beamed. "Built in 1985 if I'm not mistaken. It's quite an old building, but strongly build to keep it standing through out the years. I don't think there's a better place for making a safe house. This should keep standing if a tsunami hits us, of course we would all drown, but that doesn't matter." She mumbled before her eyes snapped towards the little boy and cooed. "Aren't you the cutest thing ever?" She pouted before adjusting her hat. "I like my hat too." She smiled. "You look like a little rockstar!"

He finally decided to come out ." The carnage continued, but soon a bold rabbit took a stand. The feeble one did not much physically but he did give birth to a idea. A idea that never died. ", Vladimir kept on mumbling to himself, soon he came from darkened shadows that were formed by the wall, he now came close to the massive iron gate that seemed to have loyal stood guard for the estate for who knows how many years. He was now under the spotlight of the dim moon, the night had a obfuscous and haze mist around him. It seemed the short days of the winter did end up fast. The day's end did mark a birth. A birth of a far dangerous night. A night who's hazards are anonymous, if one was to be trapped outside would verily be in trouble. It would seem the veer of fortune are not in his favor at least not for the diabolical night, cause tonight the moon shall be tainted red, red with blood

Vladimir's gun was pointed at the girl. He replied to the girl, " And a new villain entered the scene. The audience as curious as it always would be. Vladimir he called himself ". He came to a pause. A little surprised by the entry of a new couple. " And what might you brand yourself my fellow entertainers ?" he asked. The gun facing towards the group.

Vladimir could feel a cold breeze move past his cheek when he asked the question. It was a eerie breeze filled with the cries of those who had died and further tainted with the roars of those who have been cursed with a life not even that of a human but that of a mutant. He ignored the conversation between the group waiting for the reply he had earned.

Chana laughed as she watched Bruno interact with Asher. Her little brother's face had gone pink in a blush, but he was grinning widely. Though it was hard for him to express himself, Chana knew it was good for Asher to start learning how to interact with people other than her. Focusing again on the situation, she shifted from foot to foot again. Looking at Bruno, she smoothed hair behind her ear.

"Well, should we take a look inside? We have to be careful...any sorts of animals could be in there," Chana mused, building up her stamina.

She had dared to hope that this place would change things...she prayed that they would not all be disappointed.

Startled, she saw a tall man emerge from the darkness. He had a menacing look about him, but Chana had seen much worse. She was not afraid. Her hand flew to the revolver strapped to her leg, ready. Eyes narrowing, she looked at him without shrinking back.

"Rudely interrupted, I am afraid," Chana said evenly, trying to gauge if he was a threat. "We're just a group of survivors."

"Hey, you could be like this generations Shakespear." Bruno smiled, before pointing her book at him. "I am nor villain nor mad scientist!" She said dramatically and lifted her shirt a little to show the tattoo on her hip. "But thy, we do not know. Prove thy to me, and show thy sign of purity!" Then she laughed as if she was evil and shot him a glare. "Or I shall kill thee with my book."

Jaden was on the roof of a parking lot. He stood up onto the edge of it so that he could have a better view. As he was standing there, looking for a promising place he could loot out, he got a sad feeling. The buildings, the streets but even the sky have changed. Ruins and collapsing houses were everywhere. The sky was gray, and Jaden had a feeling that it is never going to be the same any more. After realizing that he was not looking at the land but the sky, he quickly shaked his head, and focused on the streets once more. He only had a chocolate, and a bottle of water left in his bag. In addition, he had no weapons, so aside looking looking for loots, he was also planning his way. He didn't want to get caught by a wild animal, or anything else, so his eye slipped from cover to cover as he was measuring the best path to take when he would head down. There were plenty of choices, as he saw shops, flats, a market, and a larger building. The latter was separated, and it seemed to provide a good opportunity for surviving.

He put on his headphones, started to listen to music and he headed down from the parking lot. He decided to go and check out on the old building. He saw some movement there, but he wasn't sure if it is safe enough. He didn't really care because if it happened to be dangerous, then he would just get out somehow. He put his hand into his pockets, and followed the path he planned on the rooftop. He went from cover to cover so that he could be barely seen from other rooftops, or from the windows of the buildings. He was aware that there are hostile looters who kill any other survivors they see.

As he got closer the old building, he could see that the movement he saw earlier meant no harm for him. "Greetings!" He yelled as he put both of his hands up into the air, showing them his palms. He wanted to show the others, that he is not a hostile survivor by any meaning. AS he walked up close to them, he took off his headphones, and put on his neck, stopped the music and eventually he put his hands back into his pockets. "My name is Jaden Nantz." He said as an introduction. He didn't say anything else, he thought it would be a better idea to see how do the others react to him.

So quiet. So cold. Skye wrapped her arms round herself as she huddled for warmth in the small shop. She had taken everything, and it had only taken a matter of days. Watching her breath release like mist that covered the grounds now, she realised that she was probably going to grow sick at this rate. Living off sweets, rare clean water and being looted every few days was no way to live, even in the apocalypse.

She wanted to call out, to anyone. In fact, she wouldn't have minded if it were the Comprimised, at least she wouldn't have to keep on fighting. Then she remembered her family, her sister and decided she wouldn't give up. So she stood, wincing at the shooting pain in her side. A week before, she had passed through various towns looking for supplies when she was attacked by other survivors. Lucky to escape with her life, all they left her was possibly a broken rib.

As she shuffled out of the shop, she felt the eerieness flow over her. Shivering, she continued.

A bang startled her from her thoughts and her eyes darted around with a small whimper. Small sparks of gold lit up and the sky and Skye was facinated. "S...survivors." She said weakly with a small smile, and she set off, hoping to make it to the location of the bang before she had to rest for the night.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

"S**T!"

Gunshots splintered the silence of the night like glass. Groans and growls of infected humans, young, old, and in-between, echoed off the walls of nearby buildings, as Takai rushed out into the street, his jacket flaying out in the wind as he ran. In his fists were a pair of revolvers, .44 magnum variety, with smoke dripping up from the barrels as a testament to the previous shots fired. Takai stopped in the center of the asphalt paved road, which was now cracked and decrepit from the lack of recent maintenance. The young Asian man had been, searching for some supplies in an old drug store a few minutes earlier, when the unholy horde of former humans spotted him through a doorway and gave chase.

"Comon a******s! I've killed Yakuza uglier than you lot!"

On cue, a pair of infected burst out from the side of the store, as he tucked away his pistols and retrieved the machete from his belt. He would have considered knocking a few brains with his fists, but he'd cut his knuckles on the door frame during the escape, so hand-to-hand combat would almost guarantee infection. Takai cursed again, then laughed, charging at the disgusting duo with glee, ducking between them and deftly slashing their achilles tendons in a single whirl of his arm. As they collapsed in a heap of rotting flesh upon the blacktop, he proceeded to stomp the backs of their heads, their skulls crunching flat as the bodies flailed on impulse.

"Serves you right!" he spat kicking one of the corpses to the side, "I hit the mother lode in there, and you bastards had to go screw me over."

Hearing more gurgling squeals from the building, he wiped his machete on the jeans of one of the bodies, and took off down the road, tucking the blade back into his belt. Searching his pocket as he ran, the young man retrieved a bottle of Ibuprofen, then shook it. It rattled plentifully.

"This oughta fetch me a meal, if I can manage to find someone to trade with... normal people are a rare commodity these days..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, after running for what seemed like hours, the shrieks that followed Takai faded, and he found himself once more among silence. Slowing to a purposeful stride, he kept his eyes peeled in case he ran across another group of infected. He examined his hand, which was crusted with blood from the cut he sustained, then tore off a piece of his undershirt, wrapping it around the knuckle like a makeshift bandage. Suddenly he remembered.

"Dammit!!" He yelled.

He'd left his satchel of supplies sitting on the checkout counter back in the drug store.

Like hell I'm going back there...

Takai cursed at himself under his breath for several more blocks, until he noticed the smell of ocean water clinging to the air. Ahead he could barely make out the light of emergency flares.

People? Living, breathing, talking PEOPLE!?

His stride turned into a jog as he made his way toward the source of the light, which was somewhere behind the gate of a large mansion or resort of some type. Takai paused by the gateway, listening quietly to the crowd gathering beyond, drawing his revolver in case they were highwaymen or something similar. Peeking in, he barely made out a young woman, either late teens or early twenties, with a younger boy clinging to her leg. She was addressing the people around her, mentioning a safe house, which he assumed to be the building they were standing in front of. Other people he hadn't seen earlier were also standing by the gates several paces away, trying to get in.

No one seemed infected, but that could change very quickly.

Takai took a few steps back, then took a running leap, grasping the gate and hoisting himself over, and landing with a muffled thud onto the weedy stone path below, his coat billowing around him.

"Quite a location you've found here, woman!"

He marched forward while keeping a hand on his pistol, in case someone got testy.

"So you're forming some sort of haven?" He said sarcastically, eyeing the others in the gathering group. "All I see here are a bunch of helpless kids,"

His gaze returned to the girl in the center, "yourself included."

He moved forward, towards the foot of the stairs marking the entrance to the massive building.

"You're talking about a safehouse, but the front door is still secure. How the hell do you know if it's safe inside?"

He noticed another man emerging from the darkness with a gun leveled at the girl. He spoke in a Russian accent. In a flash, Takai had one of his revolvers in hand, pointed at the man, his free hand resting on the grip of the second revolver.

"Hey buddy, how about you do us a favor go in first? You're ugly enough to scare any infected away I think."

Takai grinned.

Vladimir's eyes fell upon the girl. She was far shorter then him. She had hair black like the night that had now settled upon them. Vladimir's heart was racing and his senses were heightened, he had never like the darkness not after that day for sure. " We all are survivors, surviving every day in this inhumane stage we brand our home. Some of us are heinous like this play that we all are part of, others are naive enough to disbelieve the ugly truth. The question is are you a friend or a foe? " he asked. He was a little startled by the moment of the girl's hand. She was agile but not enough. Vladimir was forced to point his gun at her head. he was taught ' precaution is always better then cure ', one of the things he remember from the good old world that he once was a member of.

He was little delighted by the reply from the other lady who had called herself Bruno a while ago. At first he was merry to have someone with the love of books like him, but soon his joyous mood was ruined when she ended up with her childish remark. " thou shalt worry nay, cause thou shalt not be harmed ", he was ended with the loud greeting from someone. Vladimir felt like shooting the docile fellow who might have just ended up attracting attention of everyone in the whole block. Shortly began to speak in a rather colloquial manner, " It is dark, should we all not continue our meeting inside. One can never be sure of the dangers that might befall on one in this dreadful night ". He gently pushed the gate close, his other arm still holding the heavy rifle his aim did not falter yet.

Vladimir was shocked how the man walked through and now pointed a gun at Vladimir. He was tempted to shot him but did not, he knew if he were to point his gun towards him, he might just shoot and even if he were to miss the others might pounce at him. The thought came to his mind ' Is this a group of vandals? A group of those nasty bandits ? '. His face did not move away, his iron sight still at the group. He had not seen the man's face yet after all he never moved his gaze from the girl's head. He could just assume and did not wish to comment towards the man without looking at him. ' One should always know his foe before riding into a battle against him '

Vladimir began to mumble yet again. " The audience gasps as the entry of a new player commenced. Their minds raced, they were asking themselves, was he friend or was he a foe? Was he another villain or was he the hero? The ever so inquisitive audience may never be vindicated of the crime of thinking, and not realizing the truth. the truth that the new entry was a mere neutral, and not a benefactor for either sides of this massacre. ". he ended waiting for the show move onward.

(Phew! Finally all caught up~)

Mel jumped as a loud noise pierced the still night, her body now humming in awareness. Her back was rigid, her posture tense. Her eyes narrowed in concentration as her mind tried to process the information and locate the direction where the noise had come from, wanting to explore the source more.

Could it be? Actual survivors? There's no way one of them could have set off such a thing, right?

Her thoughts were running rampant with a million questions, all unanswered, although the female was pulled out from such a revere with another noise sounding, this one being much closer than the other. Being as quiet as she could muster, she took out her duel pistols from the holster resting on her hip, whipping in the direction of the closer noise. Thank god she had found an attachable flashlight the previous night while being holed up inside an abandoned house.

With a slight click the attached light, resting effortlessly on her right pistol, turned on and shot out a beam directly in front of her slight form, illuminating a hunched over shadow rifling through a knocked over trashcan. Mel let out a stunned gasp as the hunched form got eerily still and, after a few tense seconds, finally turned its head in the direction of the girl.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She whispered to herself harshly as the piercing yellow eyes of the large wolf registered in her conscious mind, the creature's teeth gleaming in a sinister way at her underneath its matted black fur which rustled slightly in the wind. She should have been smart enough to have known not to turn on the flashlight, the instrument of which had given her away. Although now there was nothing she could do except stay and fight the thing, an evolution in its genes since the outbreak had begun making the wolf that much more powerful. Anyone could be victorious in this fight and she desperately hoped it was her.

Mel's heart thudded in her chest as the large animal let out a thundering growl and raised its hackles, teeth now fully exposed in the glittering moonlight, before it pounced at the girl. She took a second too long to scurry out of the way and, because of the delay, gave the wolf enough time for it to sink its claws into her left arm swiftly. Pain automatically began searing through Mel's arm as the chilly fresh air hit the wound, crimson blood flowing freely. This right here was why survivors shouldn't be out during the night.

Even with the blow the wolf had delivered to the female though, its momentum was still too strong which lead the thing to race past her, giving Mel enough time to unleash a few bullets upon the creature expertly. The bullets hit critical parts such as the head and the chest of the wolf so with no time at all it finally lay dead on the deserted street and the victory was given over to the brunette.

"Dammit! Those gunshots were sure to let everything within a mile radius know my whereabouts." Mel mumbled to herself sarcastically, her tone laced with pain. After flicking off the light and holstering her pistols once again she used her uninjured arm to raise out in front of her, the hand tentatively pressing against the jagged skin that had been shredded from those sharp claws. She winced and withdrew her hand only for a second, seeing the blood now coating the appendage, before placing it back to apply more pressure.

With nothing else being able to be done, seeing as she had no medical supplies with her whatsoever, Mel steadily made her way to where the previous loud noise had sounded and only hoped that she'd encounter some other survivors. Preferably ones that would be more helpful than harmful.

Annoyance.

Chana knew that she maybe should have felt something similar to fear...but she had seen enough guns to know that they didn't unnerve her. She moved Asher farther behind her, his small face pressed into her side. Irritation bubbled in her gut. The nerve they had, terrifying a little child. Who was he to come and tell her that she was but a helpless kid? None of them were truly children anymore...not after that damned virus. Besides, he couldn't be much more than 3 or 4 years older than her.

The boy calling himself Jaden seemed kind enough though, introducing himself without a threat. The other two, however. Their guns were pointed in a pattern, like some sick dance. She knew that Vladimir would not shoot her. Even if he did...the second his finger would twitch to pull the trigger, she would be out of the way. But she was not worried. Her only concern was little Asher, the only reason she kept trudging on. Trying not to to lose her composure, she glanced at Jaden.

"Hey, Jaden. Nice to meet you. I'm a little bit indisposed here. Gun pointed at my head and all," she said casually, waving a hand.

Dragging her gaze to the sarcastic guy, who could not be that much older than her, she rolled her eyes.
"How do I know it's safe inside? Do you honestly think it's really any safer out here? And in case you didn't realize, none of us actually went inside yet, that's why were standing. Out. Here." she said the last words as drily as she could. "A helpless kid you may call me, but at least I'm not an idiot,"

She concluded with a snap in his voice as she insulted him. Guns. Violence. One of the main reasons that the that entire normal world ended in the first place. Typical. Just typical.

"Okay." Bruno said and placed her book on her head, trying to walk as she kept it balance. "The lock shouldn't be hard to pick, its a simple 2001 key lock, should be easy with a pair of bobby pins." She smiled before frowning at the new guy. "Keep your arm up like that and it will eventually fall off due to irregular bloodflow." She then turned towards Chana. "There is absolutely no way that one of them could be in their... Well they could, but they'd probably be dead already. Since the guys are trigger happy they can check it out." She smile and looked at the little boy. She took of her hat and placed it on his head. "Don't let these insects bug you, okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back