• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚐𝚞𝚎

Niuminous

what is done in love is done well
1546999119155.png1546999128766.png

Put me in design,
And they put me in the dark
·
Keep my legacy alive,
like a rockstar

{ a roleplay
by Niuminous and TurtlexXxNation }

m o o n · n a r i
1547066753184-png.524509

location · home| mood · enraged | outfit · x
Nari counted to three. There was a thickness in the air, an uncomfortable feeling of something that could only be described as impending doom, which coated the atmosphere in a never–ending silence. Was there even anything to be said? She glanced at her phone, discarded at the edge of her bedside table. It hadn't been more than twenty minutes since she had switched it off, but she was sure the number of missed calls could well be in the hundreds. Bringing her legs up from the floor to softly rest them on the chair she was currently sitting on, she brought her forehead to her knees.
Her mother once commented that she had the scariest reaction to anger she had ever seen. Instead of kicking and screaming, Nari kept quiet, fire burning at the pit of her stomach. It keeps me focused on revenge, she had jokingly replied, but that morning it could definitely hold some truth to it. The logical part of her brain screamed that she was also to blame, but she kept it quiet. She wasn't known to be just and fair, so why start now? Why not blame the stranger in front of her for the inevitable downfall of her public image?
She shifted in place so as to stare at him. Black messy hair falling in front of steel blue eyes, milky white skin contrasting perfectly with the pastel colored decoration of her room. There was no doubt as to why she had brought him home last night: he was exactly her taste. But had it been worth it? Nari doubted it. It was never worth it. Much less in a situation like the one they were both in now. As physically appealing as he was, she was not about to let him ruin her dream, the one she had worked so hard for. It was a kill or be killed world, and she was as willing as ever to hold the knife down.
"My manager should be here soon." She told him, matter–of–factly. She couldn't recognize his face, but she was sure he recognized hers. After all, it had been him who had muttered her name time and time again through the dark night. And what did she know about him? Absolutely nothing. Tilting her head, she contemplated asking him something, anything that could make him known in her mind. But it was far too dangerous to do so. Far too scary.

tumblr_og6ixgiUlX1uqgwjso1_400.gif

code by pasta

location · Nari's home| mood · Shocked | outfit · From the night before

Nol merely sat quietly, on the edge of the bed that he had woken up in. He didn't recognize the room he had found himself in, but he had recognized the woman he had woken up beside. That same woman, his Idol Nari, now sat in a chair across the room. Her head tilted down to rest against drawn up knees. He honestly couldn't be sure if she were angry or distressed, and part of him wanted to comfort her in some manner. Already he could think of the number of headlines that could come from the knowledge that Nari had taken a fan home with her, and not all of them placed him in the best of light.

Why had he allowed himself to drink so much at the concert? Much of the night was now a blurred memory, all the way to whatever had happened between himself and the idol that now sat before him. While she sat quietly, he pulled his phone out, glancing over the screen in hopes it would yield some sort of information as to what he couldn't remember. There were no photos, no videos. Even most all his messages had been deleted. There was only one message, and it was from his girlfriend. Wait, he recalled something. His ex-girlfriend. That's why he had drank so much at the concert.

He hadn't said a word since they had woken up, and all this had begun. He didn't think him speaking was a thing that needed to be done as of yet. She was clearly bothered by something, most likely his very presence at the moment. He shifted uncomfortably, setting his phone down on the bed beside him, making a show that he hadn't written any messages or called anyone as he realized she was now staring at him. She spoke finally, her tone matter-of-fact and unwavering.

"Alright." he responded, his tone low, and rather gentle, as if speaking to a wounded animal though try as he might to not sound offensive. He swallowed the small lump that had formed in his throat from her stare, she was a strong woman, indeed. Colder than expected, but rather than be upset by the treatment he was receiving, Nol was actually concerned and curious why she acted that way. It was much different from any other interaction with a fan that he had seen. As well as compared with her interviews. She seemed so much more friendly. What had happened to her to turn her life so stony?

It was then when he realized couldn't recall ever introducing himself, and he stood. Bowing respectively, "I am Kun Nam-Il. I apologize for whatever turmoil I have caused you." he stated, straightening and sitting back down. His heart raced, nerves shaking from the interaction. Now that he wasn't completely shocked, and was sober once again, the jitters from being star-struck were finally coming to the forefront of his mind. He still couldn't believe he was sitting in Nari's bedroom. Obviously from the way he had woken, he had spent the night with her. Part of him was downtrodden that he couldn't remember the night he had, save for small flickers and the sounds of their voices. He pushed the memories down, knowing this wasn't the time to reminisce over the previous night.

Last edited:
m o o n · n a r i
1547066753184-png.524509

location · home| mood · resigned | outfit · x
Big brown eyes followed the stranger as he introduced himself for the first time in the mere twelve hours that they had known each other. A dry laugh rised up her throat, but Nari pressed her lips together so as to silence it. They were doing absolutely everything backwards, like two shooting stars colliding with each other mid–way and prematurely ending their grand finale. As much as her reputation was going to suffer, his would also deteriorate rapidly. The main difference being that she was used to remain exposed like an animal caged in a zoo, while he would have to deal with an invasion of privacy previously unbeknown to him. Could he handle it?
"Moon Na Ri." She replied, nodding, never one to lose her manners. At least now she had a name to attach to the frustration she was feeling. "And I think we caused the turmoil to each other." Clicking her tongue and rising up from her seat, she softly walked the couple of steps that separated her from the windows located at the forefront of her room. They offered a full view of the city, in all its messy glory, and she asked herself what she would give to switch places with another random citizen for just that day, just that morning. Everything, she realized, bitterly. I would give everything. A sigh escaped her lips, and she brought one hand up to massage her forehead, letting her eyes drop close.
"I would suggest erasing all your social media accounts. Maybe even text your family to do the same. Journalists can be ruthless, and they won't stop until they suck you dry. Breaking you is going to become their new favorite hobby." Never once shifting her view from the busy streets outside her apartment, she wondered why she was even attempting to give him any advice. Was it because his soft tone of voice reminded her of her trainee days? Of how hopeful she had been, how happy? Maybe she wished somebody would have helped her, held her hand through the dark and scary parts that had ultimately reduced her soul to nothing but ashes. Nari shook her head, chasing the thoughts away. Now was not the time.
Just then, a soft 'meow' was heard through the room, making her turn around. For the first time in that fateful morning, a small smile painted her lips. Always seeming to know when something was wrong, the cat made his way down to her legs, purring against them. Nari stared at its soft white fur and big hazel eyes. "And that's Yin."

tumblr_omgf6egMaZ1tvnlpyo3_400.gif

code by pasta

location · Nari's home| mood · Shocked | outfit · From the night before

Flipping stray dark strands out of his face, Nol smiled gently as she mentioned the turmoil going both directions. He wasn't sure what was going to happen from this day forward, but he was somewhat optimistic about it all. After all, he'd just had a night with his Idol. His steel blue eyes stared after Nari as she stood and moved to the windows, gazing out at the city. It was certainly breathtaking, Nothing like her, though. He thought automatically. He had always thought Nari was beautiful, but then, who wouldn't? She was an amazing Idol, and certainly had the looks to match her voice. Quit being a romantic. He told himself, drawing his eyes away from her form and to the city view beyond.

"Nothing to worry about, there. My family disowned me years ago." he said with a dry laugh, lifting his phone up again. "I'll delete mine, though. Thank you for that advice." he added, his tone genuine in his thanks. He tapped the screen a few times, easily maneuvering through the applications until he had deleted his social media. He then proceeded to delete the corresponding apps from his phone as well. It was in that moment, the meow filtered through the room, and he lifted his eyes from the screen. A soft white cat rubbed against Nari's legs. Uncontrolled excitement filled his chest, and he stood, moving toward the cat slowly. He crouched when he got only a few feet from them, "Yin is beautiful. Is it a he or she?" he asked, glancing up toward Nari as he spoke. His eyes quickly dropped back to the cat, hand extended as he clicked his tongue softly, hoping the cat would grace him with its affection.

m o o n · n a r i
1547066753184-png.524509

location · home| mood · resigned | outfit · x
Replaying his answers inside her mind once more, she wondered what had happened with his family, sheer curiosity enveloping her features. Even though it was more and more common for young people like them to sway away from the obstinate values that had guided their families for generations, disownments were still a violent resort that most parents wouldn't dare suggest, let alone go through with it. What had he done that was so outrageous? If anything? Turning towards him, Yin still drawing circles between her legs, she watched attentively as he crouched towards the cat.
"He." She answered, gaze lingering on them a moment longer before sliding to the door. "Yang is a she, though." A soft head movement gestured for him to turn around, where a cat, as black as the night except for two sharp turquoise orbs, stared at them. "She usually takes her time before saying hello. Must be deciding if you're deserving of her presence and attention." Nari smiled fondly for the second time in that fateful morning. Undeniably, part of her frustration and fear had been lifted by their purrs.

Just then, three deep knocks resonated inside her apartment, their source being the front door. Early in their business relation, she and her manager had worked out a series of different types of knocking for different types of problems, just so they could predispose themselves to talking about it. After all, their affiliation was based on trust and open communication. Biting her bottom lip, she realized what this one meant: serious trouble. "Hope you're ready for this. . ." She commented, her voice trailing off as she walked the steps separating her from the entrance.
The door wasn't even fully open and her manager was already barging in, the sudden movement startling Nari. He was a short, bald man with a chubby face. He had never been sweet or inviting, but he was damn good at his job, and that's exactly what she had needed to reach the place she was in now. Recognizing fury in his eyes, she lowered her head. "You and you." He said, voice low and calculated, pointing at both Nari and Nol. "You have exactly five minutes to explain this fucking mess."
tumblr_ofuesntSqR1vui4aco5_400.gif

code by pasta

location · Nari's home| mood · Confused | outfit · From the night before
Nol was watching Yin, sitting nearly still as a statue. He waited, listening to Nari's answer of which gender this particular cat was, and that there was evidently a second one. He couldn't help but be excited, he'd always loved cats. Though his complex didn't allow pets, so he was never able to have one. He glanced over to the brunette woman, spotting the pitch black feline that she had pointed out. "Hello there, pretty kitty." he said gently toward the new animal, settling on the floor rather than remaining crouched. He kept one hand out toward Yin, who had begun to cautiously approach him, nose extended, sniffing.

Though his attempt to interact with the cats was cut short by the abrupt knocking that sounded from the front door. He quickly got to his feet while Nari closed the distance to the entrance of her home, straightening his clothes best he could. Startled and confused that someone would barge into a home before the door had even been fully opened sent a sliver of irritation down Nol's spine, but he didn't let it surface much further. It wasn't exactly his place to say anything, as he was the stranger in this whole mess. Then he was being addressed gruffly, a demand for an explanation coming from the short man.

Nol glanced to Nari, unsure of what exactly to say. "I am Kun Nam-Il" he started off, introducing himself to the manager. "As for explaining... I'm honestly not fully sure. My memory is a bit hazy... Bits and pieces, here and there." He shrugged, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "I think I was pretty drunk. I don't remember where I met Miss Nari." He continued, racking his memory for a good explanation. "I think she brought me here because I was too drunk to get home...?" He offered, looking to the Idol. He wasn't exactly sure if she would want him to know of their more intimate meeting or if he even already knew about it before getting her. So he would leave that reveal, if needed, to her. Follow her lead, right?

m o o n · n a r i
1547066753184-png.524509

location · home | mood · denial | outfit · x
Parting her lips to start explaining the situation –and maybe, hopefully come up with an excuse good enough to let her keep her career–, Nari was cut short by a voice that was not her own. Tilting her head, she followed the sound to Nol. To say she was not impressed would have been a lie. Albeit still a stranger, forced into an uncomfortable situation and trapped inside an unfamiliar house, he still managed to assert his share of guiltiness on the whole ordeal. It would have been far too easy to pin all the blame on her: after all, she was the idol. Pressing her lips together, she became aware that she had been expecting it, too.
His gaze met hers and she realized she had missed his entire explanation, being too focused on her own train of thought. She cleared her throat and nodded once. "He's right. One of my staff alerted me about his state, and I decided to bring him here, seeing as it was safer. Anything for my fans, right?" Offering her manager a small, unsure smile, she wondered how much of it was actually true. After all, she had been drunk too. Drunk enough to forget the basics, but not what had happened after. The manager scoffed. "I don't know what you did here and, frankly, I don't give a shit. We're on damage control now, Nari." Taking one hard look at her, he diverted his attention back to Nol. "Whether you like it or not, kid, you're in this for the long run now. Welcome to the shit show."

Furrowing her brow, Nari took a step forward. "What do you mean?" Her tone was hesitant. Was her manager implying what she thought he was implying? She hoped not. She really, really did. "You know what I mean. This scandal is already everywhere. You should see your Twitter mentions. We can't deny the facts now, but we can change them to our benefit. Doesn't a boyfriend sound so much better than a stranger?"
tumblr_ofx8jdN8vw1sk2kqwo1_400.gif

code by pasta

location · Nari's home| mood · Dumbfounded | outfit · From the night before
"Whether you like it or not, kid, you're in this for the long run now. Welcome to the shit show." rang through Nol's ears, but it was as if his brain was struck by a brick as the implications of what else the manager had said struck him. Boyfriend? Damage control? There wasn't much going through his mind right at that instant. He blinked a few times, glancing between the manager and Nari. Obviously, this wasn't something the manager was joking about. He didn't seem like the kind that would pull that kind of prank. Not with the way he entered the place, or the way he spoke.

He finally was able to work his thoughts cohesively as he opened his mouth to say something. Yet, he floundered like a fish at the moment, and quickly closed it again. His brows knit together in confusion as a hand lifted and rubbed at the back of his neck. Something he did when nervous or if he needed to think. After a long moment, "So, if I'm to understand correctly," he began slowly, eyes meeting the manager's, "This damage control is a façade that I'm Nari's boyfriend?" he asked tentatively. The dark haired man was finally able to kick his brain into gear, able to attempt grasping at what the manager was talking about.

He was going to be thrust into the lime light, all because of an ill-fated night with his favorite idol. Well, he couldn't complain too much. He had never thought about trying to become famous, but he certainly wasn't going to regret the previous night. He had caused trouble though, and knew it was something he was going to have to fix. If there was one thing about this world, it was all about a person's reputation. Which, if anyone found out about Nari and him being total strangers and having a one-night fling - Well, that could spell disaster for the idol. He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "As my apology for jeopardizing Miss Nari's reputation, I will place myself in your capable hands. Just tell me what I need to do, I guess." he stated, meeting the manager's gaze.

m o o n · n a r i
1547066753184-png.524509

location · home | mood · bewildered | outfit · x
It didn't take more than a few seconds for Nari to connect the dots, although she resisted looking at the big picture for a few more, because doing so meant the official end of life as she had known it. It was not, certainly, the first time an strategy of the sorts had been used in the entertainment business. While the public only got to gaze at the shiny front, longing for an opportunity to taste a life so fraudulently constructed it was akin to the falsity of cheap plastic, idols lost not only their freedom but the ability to make their own choices, leaving them hollow, empty of the very principle of life.
Hard to accept at the beginning, it definitely got better as the years went by. So many had opted to just quit that fake, fake world as a whole, and Nari liked to imagine they were now infinitely happier. But it was never an option for her. Now, standing on an apartment she wouldn't have dreamt of affording when she was younger, she wondered if staying had been the right choice all along. Would it have been better to just fade into the darkness? Let the public forget about her, and dare to live a life filled with love, hope, and bliss? Sadly, knowing the answer to that question wasn't possible anymore. Not when her career was crumbling down around her.
As soon as Nol repeated the idea that had been placed on the table by her manager, maybe to make sure he was understanding it correctly, the idol knew there was no way in hell he was going to accept it. And she couldn't blame him: who would trade an authentic life for one of pretense? A dry laugh threatened to escape her lips when she realized their one–night–stand was probably the most complicated ever. Still, Nari could not bring herself to regret it. She would never tell him, but it was the first time she had felt truly, unapologetically alive in a long, long while. And if there was something she didn't apologize for, it was living. If her dream must end, it is better to end it with a bang, right?
Nevertheless, the –not so anymore– stranger beside her never failed to amaze her, agreeing to the life–changing plan with nothing more than a moment of hesitation. Her gaze was on him in a millisecond, her mouth slightly parted as a physical manifestation of the astonishment her mind was feeling. What the hell?, she thought, not missing the sigh of relief her manager breathed. Looking back at the short man in front of her with a cold gaze, she muttered an 'excuse me' before grabbing Nol's wrist and dragging him to her bedroom, closing the door behind them so as to give them even a semblance of privacy.
Letting go of him, Nari crossed her arms in front of her chest and started pacing around, millions of thoughts swirling around her fragile mind and making her feel breathless. "Listen, I know this is not the best situation the be in. A lot of things have gone wrong in just a few hours and we're both hungover and stressed and confused. But are you completely, absolutely sure of what you're agreeing to?" The words came out mumbled and rushed, finally dawning on her what the reality of playing fake house was going to entail for both of them. "I may have a contract with these people but you're free. You could choose to walk out my door right now and nobody here could stop you, at least not on legal grounds."

tumblr_oggg842Q091sgx7k5o8_r2_400.gif

code by pasta

location · Nari's home| mood · Confused/Intrigued | outfit · From the night before
With a small yelp of surprise, Nol was being pulled off toward the bedroom by Nari. The small boyish side of his mind leapt forward with a few inappropriate comments that made him silently chuckle, but he quickly tamped down on the urge to make a fool of himself. This wasn't the time, nor the place. Not to mention, she may not appreciate the sentiment at this exact moment. Currently, she was mostly likely being bashed all across social media, as was he as people tried to figure out who he was. Not the best time for childish, albeit NSFW, jokes over a simple action.

He blinked in confusion as she rushed out mumbled words that he had to really focus on to catch what she was saying. He ran fingers through his hair, mostly to brush the mess out of his face as he regarded the frazzled idol before him. His words now seemed like they would be rather important, and he didn't exactly feel like making her feel even worse for wear. He also hadn't mentioned that he had seen his social media notifications before she had mentioned to delete the accounts. He winced at the memories of those brief words. Yet, here she was, willing to take the brunt of all those nasty words just so he wouldn't have to. He admired that.

Finally, a small smirk gave way from the confused expression on his face. He reached out, settling his hands on Nari's shoulders, much as a friend would do to make sure the person they were talking to gave them their full attention. "Listen, I know I'm just some nobody who happened to be in the right place at the right time. I never dreamed of going to one of your concerts, much less ever even having the notion of being able to meet you in person." he began, his voice calm, almost gentle. "It was even less a thought that something like last night would have ever happened." he couldn't help the chuckle that followed. "I saw my notifications. I have a decent idea what many are saying about you," he got serious once again, "And much of that is my fault. Because I'm here." he shrugged, letting his hands drop from her shoulders.

He straightened himself, "You're an idol. People, girls," he paused, trying to get what he was saying straight in his mind. "They look up to you. Now, I'm not saying a night of enjoyment without strings attached isn't bad, but it can be damaging to someone like you." he sighed. "I couldn't live with myself if I became the cause of you losing out on the life you've made for yourself." he shrugged, his eyes staring off to the side rather than looking at Nari directly. "I appreciate that you're trying to help me from being legally controlled by an entity that, clearly, seems to cause you so much pain. I do. But if I have suffer just a little and play pretend for a while so that your pain lessens even the slightest," he pressed his lips together and gave a full bodied shrug. "So be it. I'll take some of the punches. You've obviously been taking them your whole career. As much as you don't admit to any of it. I can guess from the way you acted just now with your manager and this whole situation." Now his eyes met with hers, a smile spreading on his lips. "I'm a big boy. I can take a hit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back