Viewpoint Best rp partner you've ever had?

Sorin_Sunchild

Photokinetic
So I was wondering who the best partner you've ever had was and if you're still rping with them to this day?

I lost a really good partner that was always full of ideas and also taught me a lot about roleplaying in the course of our time together, but when we stopped having the same interests our rping stopped too.

Another I was lucky enough to find again after thinking they were lost, we made a huge list of pan-fandom ideas and have been going through them and adding to them slowly over the last eight years. We have a lot of the same interests and have evolved our styles together. We became really close as friends through roleplaying too so I'm really glad that we met ^^ They always take my ideas into account and we can get really deep into a variety of topics together. It's nice to have a partner like that where almost nothing is off limit.

I had a GM once. We'd Rp for a hour(s) everyday. (Shorter replies so faster responce time.) Then I think he met a girl irl who friendzoned him. He kept saying it was because finals but I waited two weeks until Finals was over and he stopped messaging me. I was sneaky and checked his reddit page where he kept posting 'funny/cute conversations with a girl.' They never got together. I was actually thinking about trying to contact him again- but since he 'ghoted.' I feel like I shouldn't give him the time of day.

I had a really good group like 5 years ago, but it slowly died out as bleach became a trainwreck. Lololololol after that, we just didnt click.
Aaa it's so sad when that happens honestly, I'm glad it was a memorable experience for you anyway!

I had a GM once. We'd Rp for a hour(s) everyday. (Shorter replies so faster responce time.) Then I think he met a girl irl who friendzoned him. He kept saying it was because finals but I waited two weeks until Finals was over and he stopped messaging me. I was sneaky and checked his reddit page where he kept posting 'funny/cute conversations with a girl.' They never got together. I was actually thinking about trying to contact him again- but since he 'ghoted.' I feel like I shouldn't give him the time of day.

Wow, that seems a bit rude of him! He could have just said he wasn't interested. I'm sorry one of your best experiences ended so badly!

Wow, that seems a bit rude of him! He could have just said he wasn't interested. I'm sorry one of your best experiences ended so badly!

Well now that you've said it like that. T_T
Haha. I tried to find a GM after that for a few months and couldn't. I was a lucky Gal there for a couple months.

Best partner to this day is my spouse. We always world build, create characters, and throw ideas around. Although we haven't written anything together lately, we still talk about potential stories.

Best partner to this day is my spouse. We always world build, create characters, and throw ideas around. Although we haven't written anything together lately, we still talk about potential stories.
That's super cute! I'm glad the two of you are so good together : )

Honestly, my RP life hasn't been better than it is now. c: I've been blessed with some awesome partners, especially recently.

In ye olde days (almost 4 years ago, now) I joined this site called RpNation, and had absolutely no clue what to do. My innocent and anxious-bean self was too frightened by the experienced minds and talents of everyone around me, so I neglected to join a few RPs for awhile, and the majority of those I did join weren't overly great, with few exception. Lo and behold, however, I slipped into a much more casual way of RP that was a tad more comfortable for me: Profile RP. Go to someone's profile, put on a persona mask, and just have dumb adventures together. There I met a fun little caravan of friends, including my best friend, who has stayed with me even long after the group disbanded. Judging by the utterly extensive list of the people I'm following, you can probably guess who.

She's not around too terribly much on RpN as of right now, but we do communicate daily offsite, including in the ways of RP. We just recently decided to halt our first RP (It had basically been going since the day we met with no overarching plotline, so it was becoming quite convoluted and messy to deal with), and started a new one, which is a HUGE breath of fresh air. Lovable characters, funny interactions, a healthy(?) amount of drama, and ships we can both enjoy to our hearts' obsessive content. It's been awesome, and it will surely continue to be, even if all else fails.

Another RP partner I've come across recently has also been absolutely lovely. He deals with my endless delays in posting and is always right on top of it. Very accommodating, and the story we've crafted together is intriguing and daring, to say the least. It has a lot more funny and lighthearted moments than the other RP I just talked about (the other one deals with some very dark themes). A breath of fresh air! I could go on and on about our friendship outside of the RP but I'm on a tiny bit of a time limit so I'll stick with what I've got now.

And of course, last but not least, the one and only Quest RP I'm running at the moment. Again, my peeps are endlessly enduring of all my post delays and seem (thankfully) vastly entertained by my writing and story. Honestly, with this one, I have absolutely no plans for the future. This story is off the rails, free to go wherever the players so decide, and they love milking it for all it's worth. I'm merely the one desperately trying to leash the tornado that is these people trying to do literally anything and everything to our poor protagonist. Pray for me.

That's basically it! I don't think I've been happier in my life of RP for quite a long time. Other than the possibility that I may have bitten off more than I can chew, I'm very content, and I look forward to seeing where these partners & RPs lead to. Cheers!

Hands down, my siblings. I've been "LARPing" my entire life. When I was younger, we'd rarely play with our toys. :closed eyes open smile: Our voices were entertaining enough. I remember we'd play Sonic or Mario. Strangely enough, we had this Pac-Man game where we'd use our hands as Pac-Man... When we got older, it became Zelda and Pokèmon. We've written fanfics and come up with whole oc worlds... Because of this, we write novels now.

Thanks to my favorite rp partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back