• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

fairyfawn

respectless
hello everyone! welcome to the applications thread for the pirate roleplay, beneath the waves!

reminder
this roleplay is application based, not first come first serve. so please don't worry if you see someone applying for a role you want to apply for. i'll be picking which oc i think fits the role best. the spies and the surgeons both require 2 people so i'll accept 2 people for those roles.

applications due date
there are 3 spots left open for apps — application due date is January 25th

you don't have to use a fancy code for your application. you may do so if you wish but please ensure you at least have all of the information listed in the form below!

meet the crew!

captain — winston allen — played by fairyfawn fairyfawn

first mate — opal shelby — played by Pandaroo Pandaroo

the spies — odette blanc — played by irregular-neptune irregular-neptune , kethra morrow — played by LooneyLani LooneyLani

the carpenter — character name— played by user

the cook — andreas vogel — played by Soot Soot

the lookout — isla baumhauer — played by reverice reverice

the surgeons — gregory thorpe — played by MalfoysSecret MalfoysSecret , — renata saavedra — played by Paarthurnax Paarthurnax

the gunner — morven gallows — played by yokai. yokai.

the royal — wynter aethelwulf — played by wolfstar wolfstar

the cartographer — character name — played by user

the tailor — character name — played by user

the form!

realistic faceclaim here!
full name
nickname(s) if applicable
faceclaim/voiceclaim

birthday — reminder that this is october of 1720
place of birth
personality — traits or paragraphs
history/backstory — optional!

role
are they good at their role?
do they believe in sea monsters?
how did they become a member of the crew? how did they meet the captain?
fears

are they a human, siren, or merperson?
appearance description
if they are a siren or merperson, please include a description of what they look like in this form too!

romantic orientation
sexuality orientation
headcanons/fun facts

hello player!

what can we call you?
your pronouns
triggers
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?

links!
applications — you're here!
ic — tba
temporary ooc — here!
interest check — here!
lore — here!

Last edited:
this is a WIP! this code scrolls!

captain.

full name

winston allen

nicknames

win, winnie

trans man, he/him

d.o.b.

february 14th, 1693 (27 years old)

p.o.b

somewhere off the coast of england

sexuality

polyamorous bisexual

style

height

5'8"

faceclaim

timothée chalamet

hair

short and wavy warm brown hair that falls to the middle of his neck

eyes

winston’s eyes are a lush green

Build

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum fringilla felis id sem consectetur, a pretium diam ornare. Integer accumsan bibendum enim sed tristique. Vestibulum egestas ornare condimentum.

dist. features

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

body modifications

both of winnie’s ears are pierced and he has various stick and poke tattoos that he did out of boredom.

species

merman

appearance description (human)

wip

appearance description (merman)

as a merman, winston is bathed in the brightest seafoam green scales that appear on his shoulders, rib cage, and elbows and a bright seafoam green colored tail. there’s a couple of nicks in the tail fin. winnie seems to always have seaweed and flowers entangled in his hair.

my mother told me

nati dreddd

req.

req.

if the wind turns right and you don’t take fright, you can smell that French Perfume.

A warm and energetic presence that can light up a dull, cold room,
Winston
is noticeably a very happy and energetic person. More often than not, you're going to catch Winston with a smile on his face. Feeling sad? Come to Winston and he’ll cheer you up! Well, he will try his best to do so! WIP

There is a noticeable impulsive streak to Winston when it comes to adventure. Cursed shipwreck? Say no more. Winston’s already sailing there with little to no worry about the supposed curse. Ghost pirate ship? Winston’s already on his way. It’s clear that Winston has an air of adventure around him and he doesn’t care what happens just as long as he can experience a thrilling adventure. WIP

sharks, seashells, chamomile tea, sea turtles, shiny things, the ocean, ghost stories, tangerines, jewelry, eels, literally any sea creature tbh, rain, sweets, candlelight, rocks, swimming, the feeling of the wind in his hair

dislikes

fishing nets, rum, sour tastes, itchy clothes, itchy blankets, sitting still, bitter beverages, warm weather, beef, cheese, extremely spicy food, the royal navy, alcohol in general

fears

being trapped in a net, dying, cramped spaces, failure

pers.

pers.

birth

uhhhh no thanks

part. 2

i said no thanks

best friend

name here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

best friend

name here

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec vestibulum dui eget diam sodales lobortis. Nulla fermentum purus fringilla hendrerit tincidunt. Quisque ullamcorper fringilla augue, a laoreet ligula vehicula vel. Vestibulum laoreet tristique sem, vel malesuada nunc congue quis. Nulla aliquet massa a felis viverra iaculis. Praesent ac tortor quis diam efficitur consequat non id eros. Nullam malesuada quis nisl vitae consequat.

best friend

name here

does winston believe in sea monsters?

well, yeah, of course he does. Winston has encountered lots of sea monsters in the depths of the ocean and will tell stories to the crew.

is winston good at his role?

well, sometimes. sure he's mostly a good captain and looks after his crew and does his best to make the best decisions for the crew. however, an impulsive streak leads to rash behavior.

how did winston become captain?

well, there are many stories about how winston acquired the howling eel and became the captain. some say that he found it abandoned drifting along the seas and decided to climb aboard and discovered that it is indeed abandoned, some say that winnie borrowed it from someone. who knows!

headcanons

- he is beauty, he is grace, he will slap you in the face with his tail fin
- hoards seashells and shiny things
- i am seriously not joking about winston hoarding seashells and shiny things. his cabin is decorated with seashells and shiny things.
- "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming."
- despises shoes
- hehe collecting pretty rocks
- brings stray animals onto the ship
- WIP

hist.

hist.

scroll

♡coded by uxie♡

HELLO PLAYER!
what can we call you?
juniper, juju or juni for short, shark, pastel

your pronouns
he/purr/fox, other neos welcome!

triggers
just be respectful and we're all good

what adventures would you like to see?
i have a whole bunch of adventures and mysteries planned for this!

Last edited:

nerissa marin

#the cartographer

#the fisherman’s daughter

♡coded by uxie♡

edit: i think i'm mostly done with this!! let me know if anything is weird or i left anything out :)

edit2: fairyfawn fairyfawn i added my second character for your consideration!! (:

tw in the backstory for brief mentions of torture, cults

odette.

spy.

name.

Odette Blanc

a.k.a.

Odi

age.

gender.

agender technically, uses she/her

ethnicity

vietnamese

d.o.b.

May 16th, 1689

p.o.b.

Mỹ Tho, Vietnam

visage.

height.

5'7

appearance.

Odette stands around average height, at 5’7. She has very straight black hair that ends around her waist. Typically, she has bangs and wears her hair up in some kind of style, like ponytail, bun or a braid. She usually only wears her hair down on the ship or in the brief moments where they can relax. She has a slim build that is toned due to the hair work required on a ship, work she doesn’t much care for but she will help when she has to. She has a round face, accented with sharp cheekbones and jawline. Her entire body is covered with various tattoos that mask a childhood of scars that you can no longer see due to the thick black ink.

Often, Odette wears clothes that aren’t very suffocating. Free, flowy clothes that hide her figure and make her less recognizable. Because of this desire for anonymity, she is also often seen wearing a hat when she goes out into town. She knows she’s recognizable in some towns due to being a “foreigner,” so she tries where she can to blend in. She also has a few “fine” clothes that she acquired in her own ways (often thievery, but not always) that she covets and takes special care of, like functional fur coats and special work boots.

Also, her ears are stretched and she has her septum pierced.

faceclaim.

ahn wisel

♡coded by uxie♡

simon.

carpenter.

name.

Simon Mikkel Holm

a.k.a.

Si

age.

gender.

cis man

ethnicity

norwegian

d.o.b.

July 26th, 1697

p.o.b.

Tønsberg, Norway

visage.

height.

5'9

appearance.

Simon stands at 5’9 and has a fairly stocky build. He’s worked pretty hard his whole life, and you can see that in the callouses on his hands and feet. He’s got a scar on his lip that he got in the battle on his father’s ship, but he also has all kinds of scars on his hands and arms from working closely with his father building ships and other woodworking throughout his life.

He has light brown hair that’s grown out a bit long on top with the sides shaved. He wears it pushed back, either just straight up pushed back or sometimes in braids. He wears mostly practical clothes, and lots of his clothes have holes in them and are really old. He keeps his beard trimmed though he’s usually a bit scruffy. He usually dresses a bit warmer than he probably should be because he’s very cold natured.

faceclaim.

alex hogh anderson

♡coded by uxie♡

what can we call you? neptune!
your pronouns: he/him or they/them!
triggers: none really
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see? l a ghost ship or something like a kraken would be cool!

Last edited:

title

artist

Runaway Royal

R

equisite.

name

Wynter Aethelwulf

a.k.a.

Wyn

hair c.

a warm chocolate brown in medium length waves

eye c.

deep blue

occupation.

former prince attempting piracy

p

syche.

Wynter is a
sassy
spoiled brat, from the Kingdom of France. Coming from a monarcy with a long line of very strict and awful standard, He never truly seemed to fit in. He is very intelligent, not super judgmental and has quite the sense of
adventure
. He's always wanted to travel the world, but alas never was able to due to him being the royal heir. He has an amazing knack, of being able to flirt without trying as well. Although He is a bit naive to everything that is happening outside of the castle walls due to his parents being very censoring of what he learned. He is taking things day by day just trying to fit in too the crew and make a new identity for himself. But He does have a
mysterious
and secretive side that He will only share that info with if He can trust you. But once you gain Wynter's trust it is unwavering. He's also a bit of an ambivert trying his best. He had to put on a mask personality wise most of his life so he's just exploring his true personality.

E

xtras

Pronouns: He/Him
Birthday: January 1st
Place of Birth: France
FC: Terence Manchester
Sexuality: Gay (both sexuality and romantically)
Do they believe in sea monsters: He's one of those people who outwardly are sceptical about then but secretly does!
He's still learning the ropes of his new role
How did you meet the captain?/ How did you join the crew?: Having snuck out of the castle often, probably have met that way and over time all the long tales lured him to join as an escape
Species: Human
Likes: Dressing fancy, the view of the ocean, marine animals, rain, and books
Dislikes: His parents, spicy food, getting his hair wet, and the smell of fish
Fears: Having to go back to his family....
Height: 5"0
Weight: 120

g

allery.

♡coded by uxie♡

hello player!

what can we call you?: Risa is my name
your pronouns: She/her
triggers: None but I am little sensitive to gore
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?: Lost/buried treasure...long travels

-- I will add history if need be

Last edited:

ren
Aakster

the tailor - tang sihao

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

I need my
golden crown of sorrow

My bloody sword to swing

the gunner
MORVEN
Gallows

I need my empty halls to echo
With
grand self mythology

artillery expert
trigger happy
Lawful Good

Neutral Good

Chaotic Good

Lawful Neutral

Chaotic Neutral

Lawful Evil

Neutral Evil

Chaotic Evil

I never knew my killer
would be coming from within

• text
OVERVIEW
APPEARANCE
PERSONALITY
BACKGROUND

code made by

sugarnaut

what can we call you? yokai, capri, or cap
your pronouns — any/all
hard no's — graphic self-harm, sa, suicide, gratuitous abuse
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see? — stranded on an uncharted island, the gang gets kidnapped by merfolk, run-ins with royal guards / bounty hunters maybeee

Last edited:

lysander callahan

#first mate

#jamie campbell bower

♡coded by uxie♡

• full name: Lysander Callahan
    nickname(s): Liza, Angel, Boss (if Winston isn’t around)
    pronouns: she/he/they, not necessarily in that order
    faceclaim/voiceclaim: Jamie Campbell Bower

filler

filler

filler

filler

• The Surgeon

I can Fix it!

song name

artist name

character name

Gregory Thorpe

nickname(s)

Greg

cis male

pronouns

He/Him

♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

full name: Alisa Neveric
nickname(s) "The Nightseer" "Woodworker Siren"
pronouns: she/her
faceclaim/voiceclaim: 97fdc883a70f4a1386467f97b08b4885.jpeg

birthday — October 14th
place of birth- Dublin, Ireland
personality — cautious, talkative, creative, patient, anxious, enthusiastic, stern, ambitious
history/backstory — Largely unknown. When asked about it she only says small details. According to her, she was lured to the surface by the promise of treasure, love, and more. And through some strange means managed to convince the captain to arrange her a position on the ship. It is suspected she used her siren powers or strange allure and soft speaking voice. She has been with the ship for around 2 years now. And although she is still adapting to her new craft she has adapted quickly. Proving her worth many times over in many situations.

role: The Carpenter
are they good at their role? If not for her the ship would have broken apart 6 times now or at least she claims. She's good. Almost too good.
do they believe in sea monsters? Skeptical but if she cant explain something she will blame sea monsters.
how did they become a member of the crew? how did they meet the captain?
dislikes: spiders, cats, mice
fears: people

are they a human, siren, or merperson? Siren
Alisa is approximately 5'5 and weighs 140 Ibs. Her build is slim but athletic. She has hazel eyes and blonde hair. Her skin tone is near ivory. She is considered flexible. And looks to be in her early 20s. Usually seen wearing tight pants/leggings and a short-sleeved shirt under a leather vest. No notable scars or permanent injuries.

When in her siren form her ears become pointed and smooth. Her skin becomes smoother and slimmer. And she grows a large aquatic tail on her lower body. As her lower body becomes the tail. The tail is usually dark green or blue in color. Her hair becomes longer and smoother. And her voice becomes much softer and more alluring. If she chooses she can also grow large green claws. Which are as sharp as daggers.

romantic orientation: Demiromantic
sexuality orientation: Asexual
headcanons/fun facts: While in her siren form, she can put a subject in a kind of trance. This trance acts similar to a charm spell in D&D. The subject becomes inclined to listen to her and takes her suggestions. Potentially even viewing her as a close friend or associate. While in her siren form her hair can change color while in water. She can reach speeds of up to 15 mph while in water.

Heres my application :)
1703510103581.png
Full Name: Lyra Nightingale
Nickname: Ly, Night
Pronouns: She/her

Faceclaim: Digtial realistic drawing
Voiceclaim: Soft and melodic with an undertone of determination

Birthday: October 15, 1720
Place of Birth: A remote village nestled in the Carpathian Mountains

Personality: Lyra is a complex blend of resilience and warmth. She's fiercely loyal, a natural protector who carries an air of quiet determination. Her compassion runs deep, often finding herself as the listening ear or the one offering solace to her crewmates. However, she also possesses a strong sense of justice, willing to stand up for what she believes in, even if it means going against the norm. Lyra is innately curious, finding wonder in both the mysteries of the world and the intricacies of human emotion.

History/Backstory: Lyra was born into a family of werewolves, inheriting the transformative curse at a young age. Her upbringing was both sheltered and adventurous, as her family sought refuge in the mountains, away from prying eyes. They taught her the art of controlling her wolf side and instilled a deep respect for the balance between human and beast. Seeking independence and a longing for exploration, Lyra set out to find her own path, eventually crossing paths with a notorious pirate crew.

Role: Ship's Tailor
Skill Level: Proficient and skilled
Expertise: Needlework, clothing repairs, creative designs

Proficiency in Role: Lyra is exceptionally skilled as a tailor, adept at mending torn sails, crafting custom clothing for the crew, and fashioning intricate designs for special occasions. Her attention to detail and precision make her an invaluable asset to the crew.

Joining the Crew: Lyra's encounter with the captain took an unexpected turn when the crew's ship sailed into a port town that was hosting a market festival. The captain, seeking repairs for the crew's garments and sails, stumbled upon Lyra's stall. Impressed by her craftsmanship and her ability to transform simple fabrics into elegant garments, the captain offered her a place on the crew as the ship's tailor.

Meeting the Captain: Their meeting occurred when the captain, along with a few crew members, approached Lyra's makeshift stall at the bustling market. The captain admired the intricacy of Lyra's work, and upon discovering her talent extended beyond ordinary repairs, proposed she join the crew to tend to their clothing needs during their travels.

In this capacity, Lyra not only contributes to the crew's functionality by ensuring their garments are in top condition but also adds a touch of creativity and style to their attire, further solidifying her importance within the crew's dynamic.

Belief in Sea Monsters: Lyra is skeptical but open-minded. She believes there might be creatures yet undiscovered.

Likes: Starlit nights, the scent of pine forests, storytelling around a campfire, the thrill of adventure
Dislikes: Betrayal, needless cruelty, confined spaces
Fears: Losing control of her werewolf side, the unknown fate of her family

Species: Werewolf
Appearance: Lyra has a striking appearance with chestnut hair cascading in loose waves around her shoulders. Her yellow eyes reflect both warmth and a hint of the wild. She's of average height with a lean, athletic build, and bears a few faint scars earned from battles long past.

Werewolf Form: In her werewolf form, Lyra's fur is a blend of dark and light brown, with piercing yellow eyes. Her stature grows taller, and her senses become even more acute.

Romantic Orientation: Heteromantic
Sexual Orientation: straight

Headcanons/Fun Facts:
- Lyra possesses an old locket, a keepsake from her mother, holding a small piece of wolfsbane that helps her maintain control during her transformations.
- She secretly enjoys stargazing and often finds solace in the constellations, believing they hold secrets waiting to be unraveled.

Player Information:
Name:
You can call me Kiwi
Pronouns: She/her
Triggers: None at the moment
Adventure/Mysteries: I'd love to delve into ancient ruins shrouded in mystery, uncovering lost civilizations or navigating through enchanted forests with secrets waiting to be unveiled.

Last edited:
Pretty much complete! On mobile, so hopefully the template still looks ok!

• Full Name:
    Renata Saavedra

Nicknames:
    Rena, Phoenix (Less commonly)

D.o.b/Age:
    December 18th, 1692 (Currently 27 Years Old)

Birthplace:
    Tirie

Gender/pronouns:
    Cis woman, She/Her

Sexual/romantic orientation:
    Panromantic pansexual

Faceclaim/voiceclaim:
    Eiza Gonzalez/???

Are they good at their role?:
    Given her strong background in science, Renata is quite good at her role, though still has trouble stitching up people amidst rough seas, since most of her experience is on land. Her talent as a surgeon is balanced out by her lack of skills in other areas, including cooking and combat.

Do they believe in sea monsters?:
    Being a woman of science, Renata has a hard time believing in sea monsters. That said, she's been around the crew long enough to see some weird stuff that makes her think it's definitely a possibility...

Broad Concept:
    Free spirited surgeon woman, who dances and sings in her spare time. As they sail, Renata likes to sketch the creatures and animals they meet, keeping meticulous notes. When visiting towns, she'll seek out new books to take back to the ship. With patient, steady hands she stitches up the crew, humming a tune. Renata dotes upon her fellow crew members, worrying frequently for their health and well-being.

The Surgeon​
    Renata

code: @s e v e n

basic info
backstory
extra
Julian Grey
The Tailor
    FULL NAME
    Julian Grey
    NICKNAMES
    Jule, Jules
    ORIENTATION
    Panromantic Asexual
    BIRTHDAY
    September 7th, 1696
    "I know a bank where the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows, Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine, With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine."
    APPEARANCE
    BASICS
    HEIGHT
    6’1”|186cm
    WEIGHT
    ###lbs | ##kg
    SPECIES
    TBD
    HAIR COLOR
    Red
    EYE COLOR
    Hazel
    DESCRIPTION
    Julian is a fairly tall, lanky, and pale man with gentle features. Most notably, he has very long, slightly wavy red hair that is usually loose, but will sometimes be braided or put up in a messy bun. He prefers to wear loose fitting clothing, but will occasionally sport something more dapper. His fingers are adorned with many different kinds of rings and he has an assortment of ear piercings that vary greatly by day.
    PERSONALITY
    Greetings again. Your thoughts, your sorrows, and your erratic emotional way of thinking remain trapped within a 85cm radius.
    Just as he looks soft and gentle, Julian is also a soft, kind man. He is gentle, kind, willing and patient and forges strong bonds with those he cares for. WIPWIPWIP
code by Nano

what can we call you? Paarthurnax, Fox
your pronouns She/Her
triggers None :)
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see? Anything really! Maybe putting a spooky vengeful ghost to rest? Of course hunting down treasures! Mighty sea creatures like the Kraken are classics! It might even be exciting to have some seafaring combat with other ships!

Last edited:

• scroll

scroll

the sea is kindest to those that drown beneath its waves.

selene

first mate

selene.

full name

selene elizabeth o'malley

nicknames

sel

d.o.b.

august 4, 1695

p.o.b.

august 4, 1695

cis female (she/her)

sexuality

bisexual

species

merperson

faceclaim

hannah new

everywhere, everything

noah kahan

visage

appearance

Selene is an athletically built woman, standing at around 5'6" and being built of pure muscle. Her body is that of someone who is active in the water: broad shoulders, strong legs, toned arms. Despite not the most physically intimidating woman with her blonde hair, doe like blue eyes, and youthful features, Selene is considered to be quite beautiful. She keeps her appearance simple, keeping her hair back in braids and rarely wearing makeup or jewelry. Selene favors practicality over fashion, though she finds a lot of clothing too tight and restrictive. Her pale skin is marred with scars along her right side, deep ridges and raised bumps dancing along her ribcage, shoulders, hip, and legs. She often keeps these scars well concealed, thanks to their location and her love of flowy clothing.

When Selene touches water, something strange begins to happen. Her hair seems to elongate and become a bit more curly, her features sharpen a bit as well. The spaces between her fingers web and the skin along the backs of her hands and up her arms become pebbled with iridescent deep blue scales. Her legs begin to twist and glue together to form a thick tail, the same iridescent deep blue scales that cover the rest of her body. She'd be disarmingly beautiful if it wasn't for the fact that her scars seem to deepen and darken within the water. When in this form, her chest becomes covered in thick strands of kelp that weave around her body like a crocheted tank top.

psyche

Selene is somewhat rough around the edges. She can be brash at times, a true believer in "if you want things done right, do it yourself". She's a bit of a workhorse and far from the warmest person you'll ever meet, though Selene truly does care about the people she is around. Selene doesn't believe in fantasies and dreams that are unobtainable, instead being realistic and focused on practical goals. She is insanely motivated and is rarely deterred by much.

Getting to know Selene beyond her capacity to work and be on her own can be difficult. She's a difficult woman to read and keeps her cards insanely close to her chest, never giving too much away until the time is right. She's not particularly kind, though she is very social. Selene doesn't mind letting people know when they're being judged by her, or when they've wronged her, as she prides herself on being honest. Selene runs on tough love and even though she can come across as cold, she's one of the most reliable people you could ever have the pleasure of knowing. Moving beyond that, very few people know Selene's sensitive side. Peel away enough layers and crash through enough brick walls and you'll find that Selene is a bit of a romantic, someone who wants nothing more than companionship and to have a family unit again. She's secretly quite a soft woman, though she masks it well with crude humour and an affinity for being a hardass.

heights, being abandoned, what lurks in the unknown depths of the ocean

dislikes

alcohol, heights, confined spaces, the texture of velvet, clothing that is too tight, fishers/hunters, too many blankets on her bed

fears

heights, being abandoned, what lurks in the unknown depths of the ocean

history

Selene's tale begins with her birth in the warm water of Norwegian Sea, just off the shores of Norway. The first few years of Selene's life was normal, being raised in a large family of merpeople that remained in the area, occasionally migrating north during the warmer summer months once Selene was old enough to keep up. Selene had a particular affinity for sea creatures, much preferring them to the company she often travelled with. She also very quickly found her family's love of humans rather distasteful. She saw sailors spearing whales, scooping up abundances of fish in their nets, caring not for the thriving ecosystem below. Still, Selene couldn't help but feel sorry for them when they were thrown into her waters.

In the height of Selene's fifteenth summer, during one of their many migrations north, the Norwegian Sea was facing a rather unprecedented storm. Torrential rain rocked the surface of the ocean, lightning illuminated the depths, and many of the ships on the waters were being ravaged by the waves. Selene's family was working overtime, scooping sailors up near the coastlines and taking them inland to safety. Selene, eager to prove herself, was making a few particularly risky moves, swimming close to the rocky shoreline where the waves thrashed and spat. While carrying a sailor back to shore, a rogue current caught the pair and slammed them into the rocks.

Selene remembers nothing but the confusion of waking up on the beach and the pure agony that was her tail slowly splitting open, scale by scale, to form two legs. Too weak to carry herself back to the water, Selene passed out once again. She woke up several days later in an infirmary.

With no clue where she was, and no way to contact her family, Selene was entirely stranded in Norway. Eventually finding her way back to the ocean, Selene was broken to find that she was alone. There was no sign of her family, no signs of any merpeople at all. Did they survive? They couldn't have, Selene decided, they wouldn't have left her there if she had. Still, part of her wondered if they were out there somewhere, mourning her as if she were dead.

Selene had to adapt quickly. She fell in with a boating crew, one of the few that she'd encountered before that ferried people between the islands and along the coastline. Selene became a sort of jack of all trades, navigating, teaching, providing, and even sailing the ship occasionally. Sure the work was boring on the surface, shuttling people around, but it was the side business that Selene loved: adventuring, fighting, stealing, swindling. Selene was exceptionally skilled, people tended to listen to her and believe her when she spoke regardless of whether or not she knew what she was talking about. She eventually began to lead small crews on expeditions, though she much preferred to get her hands dirty.

Eventually the group disbanded, leaving Selene largely to her own devices. She never could truly stay away from the ocean, though she never dared to willingly return to its depths. Eventually, she met the captain of The Howling Eel and joined the crew as first mate.

gallery

connections

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Suspendisse finibus erat mi, vel consectetur neque ultrices a. Nulla facilisi. Fusce at quam ut sem pharetra posuere nec nec enim. Mauris rhoncus fermentum sapien, ac finibus mi tempus sed.

character name

character name

miscellaneous

headcanons

> despises alcohol and doesn't ever drink (though she sure does know how to fake it)
    > she is a collector of fine things, though she really only keeps the cool things: rare coins, bullets, fishing hooks, tooth caps. its a sort of eclectic selection, especially when you notice her abundance of bones that she keeps neatly wrapped in a chest.
    > is absolutely terrified of heights
    > she'd go to bat for whales, especially orcas
    > she tried chocolate for the first time a few years back. she loves the stuff!
    > despite not drinking, she is known to smoke cigars on the rare occasion, especially at parties

first mate skill

Selene thrives in a position where she has authority but can still get her hands messy. After a lifetime of switching up jobs and developing an array of skills, Selene makes an excellent first mate. She's responsible, experienced, loves working in a team. Sure she can be a little rough around the edges sometimes and truly is the queen of tough love but when you need her, Selene is there.

joining the crew

Selene was baffled when she stumbled upon Winston. She could tell, as if by instinct, that he was just like her: a merperson. Selene marched right up to him and began speaking with him. Selene didn't really wait for an invitation, rather she laid out her skills on the table and insisted that the crew needed her skill. Perhaps that was overly cocky of her but Selene could smell opportunity on the horizon and jumped at the chance to work with another of her kind.

belief in sea monsters

of course she does. Selene was raised in the depths, she knows firsthand what is out there. She will become quite agitated to those who even dare to question what lies beneath the waves.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
2e9ce0ece538518621baf601168fc1c4.gif
Full Name : Opal Marie Shelby
nickname(s)- Opie, Pearl, Shelly
Pronouns: (she/her)
FC: Daisy Ridley as Ophelia
birthday — reminder that this is october of 1720 : August 28th
place of birth : An remote island off the coast of Ireland
personality — Diplomatic | Empathetic | Thoughtful| honest| Quiet | Devoted | ISFP | The Star
Opal is the product of a kind, nurtured childhood surrounded with support and love from her family. She’s humble and soft-spoken, preferring to prove herself in small, genuine ways instead of grand gestures. Her humility comes as much from a gentle heart as it does a fierce dislike of undue attention.

She wouldn’t describe herself as brave, but the truth of the matter is that Opal is a young woman who stands very firmly by her chosen morals. She may not be brave in that she will never volunteer for attention, but she will stand by her friends without wavering. Her roots are firmly planted and she will not be moved. She’s just as likely to stand beside a stranger as she is a friend if she believes in their cause.

She’s the sort of girl who would give you the clothes off of her back if she thought you had need of them, no nevermind the wind, rain, or cold she might have to endure on your behalf. Opal has always been a giver, and would wear herself thin doing so if given the opportunity. As such, she often puts the needs (both emotional and physical) of others before herself, sometimes coming into her duties sleepy, distant, and exhausted.

Though her family has never spoken a word against her, Opal feels pressured to continue her family’s proud legacy. The women in her family have always been excellent in their fields, and Opal desperately wishes for their approval. Hence why she is on this journey to prove herself as brave and worthy of her family name!

history/backstory — optional!

b66bf800e5948ea521fefd2994fc37b7.gif

role : First Mate ( but i am fine with others as well)
are they good at their role? : She may not be what you expect for the first mate.....But yes when she needs to she can definitely be the voice of reason and a good help!
do they believe in sea monsters?: She does cause technically she sorta is one
how did they become a member of the crew? how did they meet the captain? : She was marooned on an island...her cloak stolen and the captain and crew gt her cloak back for her - so as a debt of gratitude she joined the crew and slowly worked her away up the ranks
likes: Being with her family ( the crew), being outside, the night sky
dislikes: Willful ignorance, unkindness, and rudeness. She firmly believes that everyone has the same opportunity to be kind. Scrutiny of any kind makes her nervous, and she disdains conflict more than perhaps anything else.
fears: Her cloak being stolen and never owning up to her family name!

6c7424c69febc1543e585db15ea8a50c.gif

are they a human, siren, or merperson?: She is actually a selkie!!! ( got permission for this)
appearance description :
if they are a siren or merperson,
Her hair is thick and long, a coppery red tone with highlights here and there of fiery orange. She often wears it in some sort of half-pinned up style to keep it out of her face (and to keep it from hopelessly tangling). She likes to place shells and pearls in her hair when time allows it-- And of course, when the occasion calls for it.

Opal has large, expressive blue eyes, the exact shade of a ocean. She has small, cupid bow lips and a small, button nose.

She has a slender build, tall at 5’7” and slender. She dresses simply, generally choosing simpler skirts and blouses as a matter of personal preference. Opal does love dresses, but her preference for more flowing fabrics and looser fits means she seldom has the opportunity to wear them. She doesn’t wish to be laughed at, nor embarrass herself.

Opal moves thoughtfully, and though some might accuse her of dawdling, it’s simply that she is very careful in all things and aware of her surroundings.

Opal when she dones her seal skin cloak, she is just a simple spotted seal.....grey in color with brown and random shades of grey and black speckled along her back with a more chubbier build and expressive eyes

romantic orientation: Lesbian
sexuality orientation: Lesbian
headcanons/fun facts: She is very protective over her seal skin coat....She adores shiny things and little trinkets!

hello player!

what can we call you? : Panda
your pronouns : She/Her
triggers: none ( just pls no graphic descriptions of blood)
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?: Buried treasure......an map that is only a piece of the puzzle.......a stolen cloak? Rescue missions?

Last edited:
*mostly completed, I will expand on her personality traits and add some more info in her history once I have the time*

basics

appearance

psyche

background

gallery

• basics

Kethra Morrow

peace

taylor swift

full name

Kethra Selise Morrow.

nicknames

Keth, Kes, Ra

Twenty-two

sexuality

Pansexual Demiromantic

date of birth

August 26th 1698

Cisfemale, she/her

role

Spy

good at their role?

Scarily so. There is a reason why so very little is known about Kethra, except that she seems to know so very much about everyone else.

human/siren/merperson?

Siren

♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

what can we call you? Lani
your pronouns: she/her
triggers: SA (a trigger warning is fine)
what adventures or mysteries would you like to see? ohhhh maybe some time spent on land/one of the ports? getting to know the life of the people on the island/trying to rest for a few days whilst also dealing with not getting arrested could be fun!

Last edited:

the lookout

scroll

isla

isla

ㅎㅎ

full name

isla baumhauer

nickname(s)

iz, izzy

cisfemale

pronouns

she/her

sexuality

disaster lesbian

birthday

march 31st 1697
(23 years old)

place of birth

padstow

• obsessed.

adjective.
    unable to stop thinking about something; too interested in or worried about something.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
    general
    lucy
    full name
    Lucia Byrne
    sexuality
    Pansexual | Panromantic
    date of birth
    February 25th
    place of birth
    Oriasea
    the cartographer
    SPECIES:
    Human

ARE THEY GOOD AT THEIR ROLE?
    She's had her eyes on the sky ever since she could hold a map. Lucy has been reading maps and charting the stars since she was young, so she definitely knows what she is doing.

HOW DID THEY BECOME A CREWMEMBER?
    Her father paid the captain of The Howling Eel to take Lucy on board as a crew member, to get her out of Oriasea and away from the Blackwell family.

DO THEY BELIEVE IN SEA MONSTERS?
    She does. Her father used to tell her bed-time stories of the ocean and when she was old enough to read she consumed any myths she could find, fascinated by all the legends.

HEADCANONS

~ Don't touch her food, she's likely to bite you.
    ~ She carries a short sword with a wolf engraved into the hilt. It was crafted for her by her father and is her most treasured possession.
    ~ When she is nervous, she will fidget with the silver wolf medallion her father gave her before she left.
    ~ Scrunches up her nose when she is confused about something.
    ~ When stressed she can not sit still and either practices her combat skills or does tasks around the ship to expel her nervous energy.
    ~ Only slightly feral, though she is a bit lacking in manners.
left

what can we call you?
Savannah or Savi

your pronouns
She/Her

triggers
Alcoholism and images/videos of spider

what adventures or mysteries would you like to see?
Maybe sunken treasure or a cursed island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back