• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below the Surface (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I will try to push a post out today but looking at the weather outside i might loose internet at any time.
Like the wind is strong enough that already some branches from thicker trees are coming off.
Sounds like some good ol Texas weather right there lol stay safe! Hopefully the work didn't/doesn't last to long

I was struggling a bit with some backstory, but I finally got it sorted out. I'm hoping to have the twins done today. If not today, then definitely tomorrow (after work). Apologizing in advance for the long backstory.

I will try to push a post out today but looking at the weather outside i might loose internet at any time.
Like the wind is strong enough that already some branches from thicker trees are coming off.
Yesterday was the first day in over a month we haven't had snow, sleet, freezing rain, or rain (all with wind). It was actually sunny, so I went for a long walk.

Can you point them out to me? I filled everything in, so I don't know what's missing.

Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Profiles looks good to me- just need to add a bit at the end of their bios to explain how they ended up in Lockewood on the day of the Lockdown. I'm also gonna need drawn versions of the FCs to add to the roster- aside from that, golden ^^

Thanks. I think I got it, though it's hard for me to tell. For some reason, the age, gender and alias don't show up for me on any cs using the bb code regardless of the browser I use. Weird.

Thanks. I think I got it, though it's hard for me to tell. For some reason, the age, gender and alias don't show up for me on any cs using the bb code regardless of the browser I use. Weird.
Are you scrolling over it? That section is a hidden scroll.

Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy Profiles looks good to me- just need to add a bit at the end of their bios to explain how they ended up in Lockewood on the day of the Lockdown. I'm also gonna need drawn versions of the FCs to add to the roster- aside from that, golden ^^
I'll take care of that after work tomorrow. Or in the am before I leave. I have to get up in 5 hours. And drawn versions? I'm not sure i understand. Im tired and stupid from lack of sleep.

I'll take care of that after work tomorrow. Or in the am before I leave. I have to get up in 5 hours. And drawn versions? I'm not sure i understand. Im tired and stupid from lack of sleep.
Get some sleeeeeeeeeeep xD And I mean drawn as opposed to realistic, to keep with the RP aesthetics and the rest of the roster ^^

Get some sleeeeeeeeeeep xD And I mean drawn as opposed to realistic, to keep with the RP aesthetics and the rest of the roster ^^
But they're not photographs. I'll have to see what I can do.

If you just feel lazy you could use aomething like noveai , feed it heir pictures, and add keyword drawn or anime. And just sit and click through till you get what you want

But they're not photographs. I'll have to see what I can do.
Yeah so like we used to get free trial apps for our phones and use them to make cartoons of our selfies. Like literally the app name was ToonApp lol. idk try it out for the trial then just cancel when you do your charrie pics.....?

Yeah so like we used to get free trial apps for our phones and use them to make cartoons of our selfies. Like literally the app name was ToonApp lol. idk try it out for the trial then just cancel when you do your charrie pics.....?
I tried to use the Toon App, but it wouldn't work for me. Kept spitting error messages at me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think I've got something that will work.

K sooooo like questions:

• Under what circumstances will the police/anti riot squad gun you down?
  • And it's plasma guns not bullets right? So shots light up?
  • Are rioters getting arrested and tossed into like the equivelent of unmarked vans or just handcuffed and left in a pile?
  • Are the Beetle ships more like Zeppelin's that use gas to float it more like cray-craaazzy sci Fi anti grav tech?
  • Is the "daylight" thingie always on it is it dark now?

Thx!

Well if we assume the rules for the riot squad is the same as irl. Then they can assume any action taken against them as violence and they can shoot you. But of course with non lethal rounds like rubber bullets or ones with pepper spray inside although they are allowed lethal force if situation starts going out of control but even then its 3 shot rule. First is a warning shot, second can injure someone, the third shot can seriously hurt someone potentially killing them, the fourth shot and all the ones who come after are to kill.

Well if we assume the rules for the riot squad is the same as irl. Then they can assume any action taken against them as violence and they can shoot you. But of course with non lethal rounds like rubber bullets or ones with pepper spray inside although they are allowed lethal force if situation starts going out of control but even then its 3 shot rule. First is a warning shot, second can injure someone, the third shot can seriously hurt someone potentially killing them, the fourth shot and all the ones who come after are to kill.
Yeeeeahhh... about that...

I ask cuz i can't remember wherre i read it but like there was this leader dude that rallied a massive protest and they marched and i think like half were gunned down. Soooo like yeah... just wanna know cuz my girlie kinda like a counterculture punk lol.

k found it.

Panic and increasingly unlivable conditions led to wild speculation, and pretty soon the rumors and conspiracy theories were out of control. In Lockewood, the poorest Division on Earth, a man started preaching in the streets- there was no disease, he said; it was all just a lie, fabricated by the I.U. so that they could 'kill off the non-essentials', as he kept putting it. With a following of over a hundred people, he led a march that resulted in himself and over half of his believers perishing at the hands of the Union militia and that, of course, made things much worse.

k so like they weren't gunned down but still. 'perished' is kinda bad too ughs. So like yeah, just wanna know how down bad is down bad lol

K sooooo like questions:

• Under what circumstances will the police/anti riot squad gun you down?
  • And it's plasma guns not bullets right? So shots light up?
  • Are rioters getting arrested and tossed into like the equivelent of unmarked vans or just handcuffed and left in a pile?
  • Are the Beetle ships more like Zeppelin's that use gas to float it more like cray-craaazzy sci Fi anti grav tech?
  • Is the "daylight" thingie always on it is it dark now?

Thx!
1) So the Lockewood police force is half corrupt anyway, which means they're as likely to kill you as they are to just ignore whatever you're doing. The militia is trained in anti-riot tactics, but things have to get insanely bad before they start killing unarmed civilians- the ones who died in the previous riot were mostly trampled or the like. So they would only use lethal force if they were being attacked by the equivalent of a revolutionary army with significant weaponry and it was their only viable option.

2) Yes the main weapons used are laser guns powered by rechargeable plasma batteries, so a nighttime battle would be shiny.

3) No one was arrested in the last riot- those who survived simply dispersed.

4) Beetles use anti-grav tech; that's why they float above the ground.

5) It's midday- the lights don't start to dim until dusk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back