• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Below the Surface (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I've been getting a lot of bad news this week, and my poor ADHD brain is a bit overwhelmed today. I spent a couple of hours staring at my screen, typing a sentence, erasing the sentence, rinse and repeat. So I made a chocolate cake I'm never going to eat instead, only so I could busy myself with cleanup. I'll try again tomorrow.

I've been getting a lot of bad news this week, and my poor ADHD brain is a bit overwhelmed today. I spent a couple of hours staring at my screen, typing a sentence, erasing the sentence, rinse and repeat. So I made a chocolate cake I'm never going to eat instead, only so I could busy myself with cleanup. I'll try again tomorrow.
-appears in your kitchen, devours chocolate cake, disappears- Poof!

Seriously though sorry you've been getting bad news- that sucks, and you deserve a break!

I wish you uthr best of luck, and hopefully the end of bad news is over.

Take some time for self care!

Id happily eat the whole cake in sitting. My fiancee Pavlov'd me into needing sweets in the later hours/after dinner.

-appears in your kitchen, devours chocolate cake, disappears- Poof!

Seriously though sorry you've been getting bad news- that sucks, and you deserve a break!
You'd be welcome to it. She's a lovely cake - not dry in the slightest.

I wish you uthr best of luck, and hopefully the end of bad news is over.

Take some time for self care!

Id happily eat the whole cake in sitting. My fiancee Pavlov'd me into needing sweets in the later hours/after dinner.
Thank you. It's been a rough couple of months. I don't think I've ever listed it all in one spot, so here goes:

1. My mom (my best friend and roommate of 10 years) went into the hospital on Dec 11 for what was supposed to be a few days and ended up staying there for the rest of the year. She passed Dec 31.
  2. She had paid for own cremation a number of years ago, but the receipt has gone missing, and the funeral home has no record of it, nor does the insurance company responsible for holding prepayments in trust. After a bit of discussion it was revealed they had a dishonest employee around the time my mother paid. So I'm out of pocket for it, which I will get back from the estate once it's settled - and that's another story entirely. If we do find the receipt, her estate will be reimbursed.
  3. My mom didn't get around to writing her will. I know she wanted me to be executor, because I'll make sure everything is split evenly among my sisters, once expenses are covered. So, I am in the process of the pain in the ass procedure of applying to be administrator of her estate, because I'll be damned if I let the Public Trustee get involved.
  4. During this time, my niece found a lump in her breast and was scheduled for a biopsy, which got put off in favour of a mammogram. Her biopsy is rescheduled for Mar 4
  5. On Jan 1, one of my friends from high school lost her sister.
  6. Another good friend of mine from high school has been fighting cervical cancer for a while. The other day she was told it had become inoperable and it would be fatal. She won't tell anyone how long she has left, which I understand, because she doesn't want anyone to look at her as having an expiry date. I'm still gutted over it.
  7. My mom's best friend, and a good friend of mine, has started having strange seizures every time she gets up to walk. She takes a few steps, starts to shake while on her feet, then her legs give out and she falls. She spends the next 30 seconds or so just not present, then blinks and looks around as if surprised to be on the floor. I went to see her today and she fell down 3 times in the space of 2 hours. I'm worried I'll lose her next.
  8. My eldest sister is starting to lose her vision. She's being tested for glaucoma, because all the signs are there. if she has it, they can't fix it.
And that's it.

I love to cook and I love to bake, though I don't like to eat what I bake. I'm not a fan at all of sweets, especially cake. My neighbours love me. LOL. The cake I made is a two layer chocolate cake with dark chocolate espresso icing. It's on a cake stand, under a glass cloche, and tomorrow I'll slice it up and knock on my neighbor's doors and say, "Hi, I'm stressed! Want cake?"

Last edited:
No, that's not it.

9. Caffeinated Joy is still Joy to others.

Sending you and yours positive vibes. Share cake, share hope. Keep baking, keep love alive. Keep going k?

Thank you. It's been a rough couple of months. I don't think I've ever listed it all in one spot, so here goes:

1. My mom (my best friend and roommate of 10 years) went into the hospital on Dec 11 for what was supposed to be a few days and ended up staying there for the rest of the year. She passed Dec 31.
  2. She had paid for own cremation a number of years ago, but the receipt has gone missing, and the funeral home has no record of it, nor does the insurance company responsible for holding prepayments in trust. After a bit of discussion it was revealed they had a dishonest employee around the time my mother paid. So I'm out of pocket for it, which I will get back from the estate once it's settled - and that's another story entirely. If we do find the receipt, her estate will be reimbursed.
  3. My mom didn't get around to writing her will. I know she wanted me to be executor, because I'll make sure everything is split evenly among my sisters, once expenses are covered. So, I am in the process of the pain in the ass procedure of applying to be administrator of her estate, because I'll be damned if I let the Public Trustee get involved.
  4. During this time, my niece found a lump in her breast and was scheduled for a biopsy, which got put off in favour of a mammogram. Her biopsy is rescheduled for Mar 4
  6. Another good friend of mine from high school has been fighting cervical cancer for a while. The other day she was told it had become inoperable and it would be fatal. She won't tell anyone how long she has left, which I understand, because she doesn't want anyone to look at her as having an expiry date. I'm still gutted over it.
  7. My mom's best friend, and a good friend of mine, has started having strange seizures every time she gets up to walk. She takes a few steps, starts to shake while on her feet, then her legs give out and she falls. She spends the next 30 seconds or so just not present, then blinks and looks around as if surprised to be on the floor. I went to see her today and she fell down 3 times in the space of 2 hours. I'm worried I'll lose her next.
  8. My eldest sister is starting to lose her vision. She's being tested for glaucoma, because all the signs are there. if she has it, they can't fix it.
And that's it.

I love to cook and I love to bake, though I don't like to eat what I bake. I'm not a fan at all of sweets, especially cake. My neighbours love me. LOL. The cake I made is a two layer chocolate cake with dark chocolate espresso icing. It's on a cake stand, under a glass cloche, and tomorrow I'll slice it up and knock on my neighbor's doors and say, "Hi, I'm stressed! Want cake?"
Aweh shit, thats rougher than a cat's tongue. Can't say there's many words of comfort for things like loss. But I hope life gives you a break soon.

As I've always tried to tell myself in bleak situations:
There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, even if you can't see it yet.

And that's it.
Oh wow Caff I had no idea! Has your mom's friend seen a doctor yet?

🤤 And I love eating sweets more than I love baking them; the faraway yang to your yin ;P Seriously that sounds delicious.

Oh wow Caff I had no idea! Has your mom's friend seen a doctor yet?

🤤 And I love eating sweets more than I love baking them; the faraway yang to your yin ;P Seriously that sounds delicious.

She has seen a doctor, yes. It's all related to a stroke she had early last year. She's been on medication, which she ran out of about a week & a half ago now, and didn't tell her hubby. (I just found this out today). She's back on them now, so we're hoping she'll be up and mobile again in a few days. We're still very worried about her.

Also, I'm happy to say Operation Give Cake Away was a rousing success, and I have the empty cake tray to prove it. My neighbours complained my stress baking was bad for their health, so I promised my next big batch of something would be Get Rid of The Chicken Bones I Hoard In My Freezer soup.

Impius Impius Mace13 Mace13 BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Megilagor Megilagor Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

Hey all, posting round is about to be over, and we still only have posts for 1/3 of the characters. Do we need to make some changes so people can keep up?

I'm working on it, honest. First posts are always tricky for me. Plus I worked a long day today (8 am to 8 pm - just got home).

Would it be reasonable to assume Nyx and Lock know the pass phrase for The Burrow (they could have been there before in the past, for example.)

She has seen a doctor, yes. It's all related to a stroke she had early last year. She's been on medication, which she ran out of about a week & a half ago now, and didn't tell her hubby. (I just found this out today). She's back on them now, so we're hoping she'll be up and mobile again in a few days. We're still very worried about her.

Also, I'm happy to say Operation Give Cake Away was a rousing success, and I have the empty cake tray to prove it. My neighbours complained my stress baking was bad for their health, so I promised my next big batch of something would be Get Rid of The Chicken Bones I Hoard In My Freezer soup.

I'm working on it, honest. First posts are always tricky for me. Plus I worked a long day today (8 am to 8 pm - just got home).

Would it be reasonable to assume Nyx and Lock know the pass phrase for The Burrow (they could have been there before in the past, for example.)
Well at least there is some good news!

And xD about the chicken bones.

If they have a meeting with a supplier in the market, then yes they would've been given the password so they can get in.

We might. I was waiting on a response from Endor Mace13 Mace13 but they haven't been on since mid last week
Their status changed to something about school being back in session which means that, like me, I expect they'll have less time to dedicate to RPing until the semester is over. However as posts for Darwin, Yuki and Yuri are currently being held up by their not posting, I wonder if it might not be worth it to have the GMs put up an Endor post for this next round and, if Mace doesn't come back online within the next week, figure out where we go from there?

And in case of my response, I'm waiting on either of those two conditions to fulfil:
1. Buggaboo posts a new post as a response to my post/interaction.
2. Its Thursday.
If either of those two is fulfilled then a post will be made.

I mean they would know the passphrase, assuming they are involved in the underground [which technically is everywhere since well we are under the ground.]
but whatever they were in the Burrow or know the passphrase through some other ways is something for you to decide. Especially since the Burrow isn't the only black market in the underground but it for sure is the biggest/Most known one.

Their status changed to something about school being back in session which means that, like me, I expect they'll have less time to dedicate to RPing until the semester is over. However as posts for Darwin, Yuki and Yuri are currently being held up by their not posting, I wonder if it might not be worth it to have the GMs put up an Endor post for this next round and, if Mace doesn't come back online within the next week, figure out where we go from there?
This works. I will post as Darwin tonight. We will continue on, as it's been a week (by Wednesday). If anything their nect post can be following to the black market or time skipping herself forward (as we assume she comes along) .if we get no online activity by the first we can discuss further options.

Edit: post after Yuki. Or would you prefer me to just push forward? Ayama Ayama

Last edited:
This works. I will post as Darwin tonight. We will continue on, as it's been a week (by Wednesday). If anything their nect post can be following to the black market or time skipping herself forward (as we assume she comes along) .if we get no online activity by the first we can discuss further options.

Edit: post after Yuki. Or would you prefer me to just push forward? Ayama Ayama
Check yo PMs >]

i seriously have first post writers block, and I'm exhausted. I've been awake since 3 am, at work from 7 am to 6 pm and I have a headache. I can literally see everything Nyx and Lock are doing, but I can't write it down legibly.

i seriously have first post writers block, and I'm exhausted. I've been awake since 3 am, at work from 7 am to 6 pm and I have a headache. I can literally see everything Nyx and Lock are doing, but I can't write it down legibly.
Take some notes if you can so you don't forget! (God knows I've lost many ideas for my book because of this)

Also keep up the hard work, it's tough as fuck. I took the past day and a half off cause of stress-sickness. Never fun

Take some notes if you can so you don't forget! (God knows I've lost many ideas for my book because of this)

Also keep up the hard work, it's tough as fuck. I took the past day and a half off cause of stress-sickness. Never fun
My work schedule is hard, but I like it. I have 4 longs days followed by 3 off. I don't think I could ever do a standard 5 day work week again.

Stress sickness sucks. Take care of yourself.

My work schedule is hard, but I like it. I have 4 longs days followed by 3 off. I don't think I could ever do a standard 5 day work week again.

Stress sickness sucks. Take care of yourself.
Aw man I wish I had the 4 on 3 off schedule. Right now it's 10-11 hours for 5 days. Rough but it's paying bills. I'm hoping after next week when we move I can actually give myself the option to cut down on a day for a while

Personally, I have a weird work schedule.
like I have 4/5 hours a day at work, but on top of that, I'm on the phone ready to be at work at any time of the day for a few hours.
So sometimes I'm 5 hours at work in the morning and they can call me during the night when I'm sleeping an within an hour I have to be at work, for at least 3 hours up to 5.
Which causes me to sometimes just have that 5 hours per day or 10. but i also work 6 days of the week, and the 7 is only if they call me.

Impius Impius Mace13 Mace13 BuggaBoo BuggaBoo Megilagor Megilagor Caffeinated Joy Caffeinated Joy

Hey all, posting round is about to be over, and we still only have posts for 1/3 of the characters. Do we need to make some changes so people can keep up?
I’ve been pretty busy these past days and I’ve tried to make a post but then I get writers block so I’m juggling school, band, rps, and writing a book very sorry! I hope to get it done in my free time today!

Personally, I have a weird work schedule.
like I have 4/5 hours a day at work, but on top of that, I'm on the phone ready to be at work at any time of the day for a few hours.
So sometimes I'm 5 hours at work in the morning and they can call me during the night when I'm sleeping an within an hour I have to be at work, for at least 3 hours up to 5.
Which causes me to sometimes just have that 5 hours per day or 10. but i also work 6 days of the week, and the 7 is only if they call me.
Oh man that sounds awful! My time would be so messed up doing that :o props for handling it!

I’ve been pretty busy these past days and I’ve tried to make a post but then I get writers block so I’m juggling school, band, rps, and writing a book very sorry! I hope to get it done in my free time today!
Completely understandable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back