• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Below 40rty [Modern Ice Age RP]

Paranoid Android

Subterranean Homesick Alien (INFP)

artleo.com-4860.jpg

“Hello, and welcome to the future. This is a synthetically generated message to inform you’ve been in cryogenic sleep for 200 years, and it's now the year 2189. The American Anti Molythermia Organization apologizes for delaying the awakening date by 150 years, but a few complications happened and this was a necessary act to make sure you're prepared for this. As you already know, you've volunteered to undergo an intensive genetic treatment in cryogenic sleep to help giving the world a better future. Before giving you the details of your genetic modifications, let me remind you of the Molythermia pandemic that brought the world to a new ice age exactly two centuries ago and how it affected what the world is today.”

V02ehDI.jpg

“As you very well remember being informed about before being put into cryogenic hibernation, the patient zero was a Siberian Husky, in Alaska. His owner, an eskimo, noticed pink spots around his left ear, which had turned into pink ulcers all around the dog’s body 3 days later. The owner also noticed that his eyes had changed colour, into a deep mixture of yellow and orange, and the animal showed aggressive behaviours. He prepared to take his Husky to a small, but civilized, town and see if he could get any help. But when he was preparing to set off, his dog bit him, and his wife immediately sacrificed the animal upon seeing what happened. The eskimo searched for a doctor, but he couldn't detect anything wrong with him. Soon, he begun to show similar symptoms to his dog, and a few days later he was behaving psychotically, and killed his wife.”

“And this was how the pandemic started. Soon, thousands of cases of the disease, later named Mylothermia - something as “infectious temperature” in Greek - appeared through Alaska and the north of Canada. After numerous researches, scientists discovered it originated on canines, and when the eskimo’s Husky bit his owner the virus somehow modified itself to not only infect others by blood and saliva contact, but also by air, in cold weather. It infects skin, eye and brain cells, causing its symptoms, but different from other viruses, the Mylothermia’s can survive without a host cell, with only one requisite: the air particles mustn’t vibrate, in order not to kill the virus. When the ulcers appear and expose themselves to cold air, the viruses float around until they find a new host or are killed by particle vibrations, infecting more people.”

“The epidemic continued spreading more and more through the cold areas of North America, but the U.S. president mostly ignored the threat of the disease, simply taking normal anti-epidemic measures, despite the infection rate of Mylothermia. Meanwhile, a private German company, which has mainly funded by the organization that would turn into AAMO, created the prototype of a bulky internally heated suit called Thermoarmor, which would be frequently upgraded and sold by AAMO and other companies later on. Months later, in the next year, it was discovered that the virus evolved and now could dimish the vibration of air particler themselves, and soon the disease gradually spread through the world, decreasing its average temperature and slowly bringing it to a modern ice age. The American Anti Mylothermia Organization was founded, and they revealed the project its predecessor was working on: hundreds of cryogenic chambers spread through the U.S. Most part of them where placed on a location in the proximities of Washington D.C., where you are right now, but each state capital had at least 2 cryochambers. Ordinary people from all over the world were recruited to be put in cryogenic sleep for 50 years, where they would be genetically enhanced to resist extreme cold temperatures, having a thermal sensation of approximately 0º C/32º F in -40º weather, while annulling the effect in higher temperatures. Besides this, they also would be modified to have a stronger immune system, only be infected by the Molythermia virus by blood/saliva, as it was in its original state, although infection was still possible, and have combat skills of an exceptional soldier, whoever the person was. And these men and women, are you."

"Your job is to gather information on the MT virus, in hope to research a cure. The world is engulfed in ice and snow, now with a -40º C/F average temperature, and except for military almost all technological advancement stopped. You will receive a handgun of your choice and a device to take notes on the disease equipped with a radio and other functionalities upon leaving the cryochamber. May God be with you all.”

----

This RP will be plot-based and set in an alternate universe were the world was already significantly technologically advanced by the 80s. Besides AAMO there'll be another major faction and a few minor factions you can join, and there will also be PvP between players of rival factions. The backstory is pretty much this, but I still have to think about the plot of the actual RP and the gameplay. Your character can die of coldness in more extreme temperatures, and he can also be infected and turn into an hostile NPC to the other players, so be careful.

Anyways, if you're interested, just say it and I'll mention y'all when I post the RP thread.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
pokemariofan64 said:
Just curious, in this timeline, when did everything collapse?
Well, when I wrote this I thought I left it slightly implied that it happened shortly after you were put in cryosleep, but I guess I should make that a little more clear. Thanks anyway.

I think it's fallout and maze runner both.

I'm interested in it... Heavily interested... Significantly interested... Abnormally interested...

Elephantom said:
I think it's fallout and maze runner both.
I'm interested in it... Heavily interested... Significantly interested... Abnormally interested...
I've watched MR but I don't really know anything about its universe, except that it's in some kind of dystopia and they throwed some kids on a giant maze for some reason. When the movie ended with them outside and there was this whole apparently f*cked up world outside I just thought "Oh damn, this is gonna turn into another one of those teenage dystopian movie franchises. I'm going back to 1984." (Details might not be 100% accurate)

But yeah, I did get inspiration from Fallout.

pokemariofan64 said:
Actually, the premise reminds me more of Fallout 4, with the whole frozen for 200 years thing
I did get *ahem* inspiration from the vaults in Fallout, but actually I just realized the "frozen for 200 years" coincidence now. Huh.

And it also holds similarities to this movie called 'Air', real small similarities but similarities nonetheless.

I should be posting this on the weekend or a little before (not probable). I'm not exactly sure of whether to keep this as a Casual RP or change it to Detailed, so I'll just keep the prefix as Casual until I decide it when the actual thread is posted. Thank you indecisiveness. And yes the main purpose of this post was indeed shameless self-bumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very interested. Looking forward to this if you get it off the ground. I'd love to be a part of this if you'll have me.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Interesting, just a quick question though. If the disease needs cold to survive why Cryo chambers?

[/QUOTE]
They should be isolated, so no risk if the virus doesn't get inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back