• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern BEING HUMAN: CHAPTER II | OOC [On Break!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I have the desire for a medieval fantasy but I don't know where to start

Eye of the World, Game of Thrones, Assassin's Apprentice, Sword of Truth, Mistborn, Ship of Magic, The Rainwild Chronicles, Eragon, The Iron King, Fire and Blood...

To name a few good book series.

Oh, On second thought, I guess you meant an RP. Just gotta browse through the interest checks and pick one, I supposr. Or make one of your own.

Yes, I meant RP. I should have clarified that LOL. Thank you for the lovely recommendations though. I will definitely take a look. <3

I'm working on lore right now for an RP I may or may not make in the future.

Eragon was like... my childhood
I don't remember much of the last two books tho?? Like a remember what happened in Eragon and Eldest, but Brisingr and Inheritance are... a blur, tbh. The author published some short stories set in that world a little while ago tho.n

I read the first few pages of the first book and haven't picked it up since. It wasn't that I didn't like it- it seemed solid, if a tad generic- I just have so many other books Im trying to read it kind of just... fell to the wayside. I'm sure I'll finish it somrday.

I remember being like... twelve or thirteen and reading somewhere that he started writing Eragon at like, fourteen or fifteen and published it when he was nineteen and was so excited!! Because, like, I could do that??? That was so cool
I ended up... not writing anything. Yet.

I heard the same thing, though I also heard that's not typical at all. Brandon Sanderson claims most people write a few books that get rejected before they're published so that by the time their first work is out, they've already written several others that never saw the light of day. Paolini was an exception to the norm.

I know it doesn't really happen but this was when I was first starting to rp and make characters (Silver was my first oc and was a pile of cringe that needed a lot of revision to even marginally redeem) and I was just testing the waters of writing and the fact that someone wrote a book when they were a little older than me and it got so popular was like... Really inspiring, I guess.

Side note: I need help with plot ideas:

A: Terra is roaming with demons, including demon possessed individuals. The goal is to take down the demon king.
B: There is an evil group attempting to call forth their banished cosmic creator, Tertia. Good people try to clues the good Tertius left behind to defeat bad boys
C: idk i need help with ideas

I have the creation story if anyone wants to read it. It's still a wip

Side note: I need help with plot ideas:

A: Terra is roaming with demons, including demon possessed individuals. The goal is to take down the demon king.
B: There is an evil group attempting to call forth their banished cosmic creator, Tertia. Good people try to clues the good Tertius left behind to defeat bad boys
C: idk i need help with ideas

I have the creation story if anyone wants to read it. It's still a wip

Either seems good, but both are very supernatural in nature. That isn't a bad thing, of course, but maybe you can also introduce a plot that's a little more human and down to earth as well. Maybe a war between two opposing countries, or a courtly political intrigue or something focused around an arranged marriage or maybe negotiations of some kind between several different parties. Maybe there's a food shortage because of a sudden increase in natural disasters, such as floods, droughts, and other such things, and the crux of the plot is figuring out why it's happening on the one hand, and on the other how characters cope with the shortage to survive. Like how kings and queens feed their starved people (or dont), how the people feed themselves (or revolt if\when they cant), how it affects trade and relations between nations, or other related things stemming from the natural disasters and resulting lack of resources.

Alternatively, maybe you don't even start with an overarching plot. Just build a robust world with a consistent setting\ set of rules\ set of secondary characters and let your players come up with their own shenanigans themselves. like a sandbox sort of thing. I've always been drawn to RPs like this, but theyre hard to keep going because they admittedly require just the right kind of players and gm. People who won't just get bored the second they can't think of what to write and who aren't afraid to contribute to the worldbuilding and plot progression themselves through their posts. On top of which, everyone has to keep track of and show interest in the Lore and plot contributions of other players. Would be imperative for the gm to keep everything straight and not everyone, be they players or gm, tends to read every post or put the same emphasis of importance on everything. If done right though, I imagine this kind of thing would be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Either seems good, but both are very supernatural in nature. That isn't a bad thing, of course, but maybe you can also introduce a plot that's a little more human and down to earth as well. Maybe a war between two opposing countries, or a courtly political intrigue or something focused around an arranged marriage or maybe negotiations of some kind between several different parties. Maybe there's a food shortage because of a sudden increase in natural disasters, such as floods, droughts, and other such things, and the crux of the plot is figuring out why it's happening on the one hand, and on the other how characters cope with the shortage to survive. Like how kings and queens feed their starved people (or dont), how the people feed themselves (or revolt if\when they cant), how it affects trade and relations between nations, or other related things stemming from the natural disasters and resulting lack of resources.

Alternatively, maybe you don't even start with an overarching plot. Just build a robust world with a consistent setting\ set of rules\ set of secondary characters and let your players come up with their own shenanigans themselves. like a sandbox sort of thing. I've always been drawn to RPs like this, but theyre hard to keep going because they admittedly require just the right kind of players and gm. People who won't just get bored the second they can't think of what to write and who aren't afraid to contribute to the worldbuilding and plot progression themselves through their posts. On top of which, everyone has to keep track of and show interest in the Lore and plot contributions of other players. Would be imperative for the gm to keep everything straight and not everyone, be they players or gm, tends to read every post or put the same emphasis of importance on everything.
Good point. My plot brain has been less than creative lately. When I try to think of one that is group-worthy, it usually involves some type of magical/fantasy element. The only times I have successfully created something that is not entirely magic-related is a political marriage between two royals. That would more or less make the prince&princess the main characters though, so it'd only work as a 1x1.

I love sandbox RPs, but like you said, they're difficult to keep going. I've had my fair share as both participant and creator and the people I've roleplayed with don't contribute at all. I've tried pushing them and giving them ideas too but it doesn't work. :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back