• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Behind Enemy Lines (XCOM 2 RP)

The Basics- What is XCOM?

XCOM 2, the upcoming sequel to the highly successful tactical strategy game XCOM: Enemy Unknown by Firaxis Games, is the focus of this RP. XCOM overall is a series of tactical turn-based strategy games depicting the efforts of a multinational paramilitary organization known as XCOM against a hostile alien invasion. Some hallmarks of the series include the early game's difficult uphill battle against the alien threat, the use of psionic abilities in late-game combat, and the high difficulty of the series overall. Enemy Unknown was highly received for its quality, and indeed its difficulty. The majority of players did not succeed in their first campaign, and for the sequel Firaxis decided to pursue the idea of what happened to XCOM after an overwhelming alien victory.

Twenty years after the alien victory in 2015, the alien forces, led by the mysterious Ethereal race, have installed the global ADVENT administration. Megacities, where disease is supposedly eradicated and gene therapy for formerly terminal diseases is commonplace, have sprouted all over the world. It seems like a good time to live... if you can ignore that man being dragged away by an ADVENT squad for a checkpoint scanner rejecting him. Despite this, most of the population is content, to forget the past and focus on the present.

It's XCOM's job to stop that.

Now an underground organization, their HQ inside of a captured alien supply vessel (the Avenger), they fly from region to region conducting anti-ADVENT activities. It's a dangerous fight at first- XCOM is on continuous run, and they cannot afford to slug it out, forced to conduct guerilla "in-and-out" missions. If they can learn about their unknown enemy and confront them on equal terms, they might just win this war and win it for Earth and humanity...

Or die in flames. Either way, it's a blaze of glory.

What are you waiting for, soldier?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roleplay System

Roleplay can be conducted at any time in the Avenger off-mission between soldiers. Occasionally a mission will be called- it's up to a squad of 3 to 6 soldiers to complete the mission. Soldiers die and stay dead, but you can make as many soldiers as you so wish. I, as the Commander (and essentially the Dungeon Master) operate the ADVENT and alien activities during their turn.

You may perform activities within reason- a general rule of thumb is two actions (such as moving a short distance and shooting a burst) per your soldier's turn. You must keep it open-ended- "I fire a burst at the ADVENT trooper", not "I kill the ADVENT trooper with a burst from my gun."

You are free to ask any questions here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back