• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Beginner Chronicles of Darkness Game

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
OPTION A

Acquainted With The Night

A God-Machine Chronicle game for five insomniacs

At first, it was nightmares. You'd wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, stay that way for hours, and drift off. Then you just started to wake up, after less and less sleep. Or take longer and longer to doze off. You'd find yourself wandering the midnight streets, walking out in rain, and back in rain. It was inevitable you'd meet, the five of you, in Tony's All-Night Diner on Fifth. It was nice, not to feel like the only living thing, the moon judging your silence and solitude. It's been a week, and still you cannot sleep, but at least you can talk to someone about the hallucinations settling in.

Option B

Nightshift. Shouldn’t technically be legal, this almost-twelve-hour-shift. But the pay is alright. This is a busy stretch of highway, even late atnight, and people need gas. Or a sandwich, or whatever. There’s enough of a gap that if one person stays up, the other guy gets a nap. It’s kinda peaceful, really – little island of light, way out in the dark desert. Sometimes it’s almost like there isn’t another living, waking thing for miles. Like you’re all alone in the world, or between worlds. Not a line of thought you want to pursue – hopefully another customer comes by soon…

A God-Machine scenario for three players

--------------------------------------

The characters for these scenarios are pre-made, for a quick start and ease of introduction to mechanics.

Both are set in September 2013.

Option A is in Seattle.

Option B is in Nevada.

It should take no longer than three months to run from start to finish. It's intended to be an introduction for players new to system-supported roleplaying in general and the Chronicles of Darkness specifically.

Please post that you are interested in playing here. When I have five players I'll PM you with further instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be interested in joining, but I'm not 100% on it. Although, that may just be me wondering whether or not I'll manage it; and of coure, that's the point of this, isn't it?

Let's just say I'm
probably interested.

Dox, can I wrangle something more definite out of you? Because this can start by tomorrow if everyone is onboard.

Also great to see this turnout, folks. Thanks for jumping in.

Grey said:
Dox, can I wrangle something more definite out of you? Because this can start by tomorrow if everyone is onboard.
Also great to see this turnout, folks. Thanks for jumping in.
I'll go with a yes.

Can I get an idea of the post expectations?

Since this is dice, will they be quite short? Or more of a normal length for casual or detailed?

TheDox said:
I'll go with a yes.
Can I get an idea of the post expectations?

Since this is dice, will they be quite short? Or more of a normal length for casual or detailed?
Posts will be as long as they need to be. If one line and roll will do the job, that's fine. If you feel you need a paragraph or two, that's fine too.

Regularly posting over a thousand words would be ill advised.

Grey said:
Posts will be as long as they need to be. If one line and roll will do the job, that's fine. If you feel you need a paragraph or two, that's fine too.
Regularly posting over a thousand words would be ill advised.
Alright, sounds good. Like I said, I'm in; unless I die or something, that is.

Could anyone who has not yet done so please PM me with three personality traits you'd like your character to have?

Attention all: I have an alternative scenario which only requires three players, in the event a functional group can't be assembled.

Nightshift. Shouldn’t technically be legal, this almost-twelve-hour-shift. But the pay is alright. This is a busy stretch of highway, even late atnight, and people need gas. Or a sandwich, or whatever. There’s enough of a gap that if one person stays up, the other guy gets a nap. It’s kinda peaceful, really – little island of light, way out in the dark desert. Sometimes it’s almost like there isn’t another living, waking thing for miles. Like you’re all alone in the world, or between worlds. Not a line of thought you want to pursue – hopefully another customer comes by soon…

Tique said:
Well, if you are still recruiting I am definitely interested !
Absolutely! Which plotline would you like to jump into? Nightshift or Acquainted With The Night?

Tique said:
Both seems interesting ! But if I can choose I would say Acquainted With The Night !
Jolly good! Can you tell me three personality traits you would like your character to have, and I'll do my best to match you with one from the list that should fit?

As said in Discord, I would enjoy as much the character without choosing any of his traits, if it is ok with you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back