• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Before and after pictures!

Evelyne

I always feel like I don't improve at all over the years, but I was going through my old commissions from around this time last year, and they are definitely no longer drawings that I would be happy with.

- I'm always open to constructive criticism!

March 2016:

r__jun_by_chouo-d9w5kn3.jpg

January 2017

junichi_by_chouo-davuqg4.png

So yeah, come compare and share your old vs new drawings!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any drawings to show, but daaamn. I can definitely tell you have improved. Your March 2016 is pretty similar to how I draw now, but I've only had my drawing tablet a short while. I can't wait until the day I'm much better and my old art just becomes a cringefest.

I've actually only had my drawing tablet for a little more than a month ; w ;

I'm sure that you'll make progress in no time! A drawing tablet makes things so much easier, and there are some really good drawing programs.

I think that my main issue was that I shaded with grey and the quality was terrible. x-x

Alright, I'll take you up on this.

flowey loves music.JPG

welcome to night vale cecil.jpg

flowey.JPG

welcome to night vale cecil with microphone.JPG

btw this is the same character as the 2016 one welcome to night vale cecil.jpg it's just a redesign

Yeah, ik, I do a lot of fan art. xD

I don't have and drawings to compare ;^; each one is different and isn't like any other...except for my flowers but I needa find them

Lineart December 2015:

lineart_by_chouo-d9kw7vp.jpg

Lineart from today:

spirat_by_chouo-dawultj.jpg

The lines look a little smoother now, but I'm still not sure how to draw hair ; v ;

Your progression is super impressive! I really like your lineart style. You have great line thickness variation which is something I've been trying to work on. Here are my embarrassments XD 

May 2015 (with a mouse, mind you)

I want to gouge my eyes out, eugh

painttoolsai_test__w__kiki__by_lazygout-d8tgda3.png

Jan 2016

Random dots why? No clue. 

blue_kiki_by_lazygout-d9pukjk.jpg

Something for christmas

Definitely a normal Christmas scene. Move along. 

58618ef1b1fe9_kikierastuschristmas.png.8247acd84c0ba674abd9c6b071c4ce99.png

And then, like, a week ago

Woo, backgrounds and shading... eehhh

dta_entry_by_lazygout-dawfb48.png

mnbmnbmnb.PNG some time in 2011

ytyty.png

march 24 2016

blanc.png 

2 jan 2017

(sorry idk how to do the hide image thing so theyre here like this ;w;)

@Lord Pug Your lines seem a lot cleaner than they were.   The designs also seem a bit more complicated and detailed, especially the hair.  I love it :3

@Evelyne Your colouring is really good :0  Also the eyes seem better.  The thick line for the top eyelid makes a difference to me but im weird so whatever ;P

@KiKi Kitsune Again, your colouring is great.  It looks really smooth and neat, especially the eyes on the last one.  The shading looks great as well OwO

i'm far too lazy to dig up my really old art, so this will have to do. first one is from early november and was the first piece of art i uploaded, second one is my latest work. meh... i think i've improved a bit?

IMG_5489.JPG

@Lord Pug that new hair looks awesome!

Aw....thanks..... >w< I know my drawings suck but I take solace in the idea that maybe I'll get better when I'm older, seeing as rn I'm 13 years old. Anyways, here's some more, incase you care...

sans and frisk holding hands.JPG

sans and frisk 2.JPG

@KiKi Kitsune thank you for  your sweet words <3

you have improved a great deal as well. i love how you draw the scenery, especially the grass for the last one! i personally cannot do it to save my life just yet. xD

and the christmas drawing is so cute too omg.

@Reyn damn, that's some progress right them. your shading looks v nice. i like how you did the lace on the last image ; v ; so detailed.

i think that i used to just draw random lines on top of the eye, but i try to make it look like a double eyelid now lol.

@spookie spook you definitely have!! their hair and eyes are much more detailed now.

@Lord Pug oh, you are still young and got lots of time to practice and get better! ; v ; as long as you love drawing, you'll be a drawing god in no time. >:3

@Evelyne thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The lace i just did a few circles then added some random lines.  It's easy if you cheat haha

I know I literally Just posted, but I have a more clear comparison (with a smaller time gap)

f56356dd-f8ff-41a9-9e0b-2e68f29bbf04.png

2nd December 2016

0c520e26-619d-4dcc-a42c-dc9f7a4ca9c7.png

Just now (28/1/16)

This is kind of a redesign of my OC so hahaha

here's my character rose

and here he is now.

I love the new armor design.  The gold details look a lot more... idk striking?  (What are words)  I also love the colour scheme and the pose, and the hair + face look great in both.

I love the new armor design.  The gold details look a lot more... idk striking?  (What are words)  I also love the colour scheme and the pose, and the hair + face look great in both.

thanks, I was aiming a more less revealing outfit but I tried.

@Reyn omg thanks for the tip xD i actually had to draw lace for a commission earlier this week. it didn't look that much like lace ;;

ahh he got insectified ; w ;

his clothes look on point yo.

@ewolf20 your anatomy is so good!!

@Reyn omg thanks for the tip xD i actually had to draw lace for a commission earlier this week. it didn't look that much like lace ;;

ahh he got insectified ; w ;

his clothes look on point yo.

Thanks OwO

He has a literal insect form so I figured I should go halfway for his regular design.  Make him seem less human haha

Another tip for lace I guess would be to keep everything constant.  The big half circles have lines inside them and tiny circles outside, so each big half circle should be roughly the same as the others?? Idk you can basically do whatever as long as its consistent hahah

@Reyn Ohh that makes sense. It's a very interesting OC!

& thank you again, i'll definitely try it next time o3o

@ewolf20 There is room for improvement, but your hands definitely look better than mine. x3 I honestly didn't notice anything haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back