• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

I have to use a VPN to get on DIscord, which drains my phone battery. Not very convenient for me.

school blocks discord and I dont have data and thus must connect via the wifi

and since its blocked on the wifi only a vpn gets me passed it.

And all vpns are blocked on my chromebook so I have to use my phone
Dont use Discord or RPN when at school then XD
You know study and stuff....
WHO AM I KIDDING. LEARNING IS MEANINGLESS... but seriously... just hack their networks..

Ive decided to cause a bit of trouble for some of our poor poor friends.

@Tori_98 deary oh me. It seems we have some business coming up!

EVERYONE:

With the game moving this fast (hooray!) it can get harder to keep things organized. I am now asking for all factions to update (at some point sooner or later) their faction status pages with all commodities they have access to and all goods they sell. It will help and shake the game up even more! <3

-Beck

Ah! The Merchants are here! And they have unpaid labor for sale!

Beckoncall Beckoncall Would it be possible for the Finecians to add Walking Dream Soda to the Luxaries Guild?

oh! And post for Mr. Mallowthew as a response to the merchants opening will come along with Jonklav and the crew after wards.

Should I make a post announcing entrance or just edit my current order list to include their entrance?

Post that you are joining the luxury guild and what you are bringing. Update the faction status page with that information.

Post that you are joining the luxury guild and what you are bringing. Update the faction status page with that information.
Alright. Walking Dream soda is all for now however. Soon enough with the help of unpaid miners though my jewelry will come!

What do the Highborn know about Kobolds? Gnomes? Cave Cyclops? Sirens? and Ent?
What is their relationship historically with Kobolds and Gnomes?

Prince Vaethorion Prince Vaethorion
What High Elves know about:

Kobolds: An ancient race, they are the last degenerate evolution of the Dragons that were the first and only race. Dragons were old when elves and dwarves were new... and the dragons created a race to worship them that was also old when the elves were new -- The dragon-newts. The most ancient dragons fancied themselves gods, and gods needed faithful. The dragon-newts were faithful, and nigh-all powerful in the age before the elves and dwarves had come to be. By the time the young but yet ancient world had room for the stone kin and fair-folk -- the dragon-newt had all but disappeared, they had in their own hubris, once their dragon gods grew bored of divinity and withdrew to their mountain hordes -- they themselves created the draconians. The draconians were enemies of elf and dwarf alike, for they, like the dragon-newt sought to amass treasure for their dragon gods endless hunger. Dwarven hatred for the dragon races burned especially fierce, for they were hunted for their treasures -- and the initial wars between elf and dwarf (the first ones at least) were quenched in the interest of joining forces against dragonkin. There were many powerful races that shared the world by that time, and the Highborn had befriended many of them. Before the fairkin truly inherited their position and title of highborn, they fought against the draconians with their allies, and as the tide turned the dwarfs destroyed their cities all over the old world. When the last of the draconians were dead, they had somehow sired the final race of dragonkin -- the kobolds... or more truthfully they are the degenerate remains of the once great races. Tiny and scurrilous, they have little if any of the great spark of their ancestry. Most high elves would hold them in contempt -- a fitting punishment for a thwarted enemy... but the gentlest of highborn folk look upon the kobold with pity.

Gnomes: Gnomes may or may not be an ancient race... as it is unknown exactly where the first gnomes came from and how they got here, and they intentionally erased their past upon making home in this world. They arrived suddenly and in great number, and scattered about the whole earth during a time of unprecedented peace and static boundaries in the fledgling history of elves and dwarves -- when their elder allies that helped them inherit the world grew old, or tired, or fallen... in the peace that followed the gnomes came knocking. Unlike elves that live effectively forever (though some choose some form of ascendence) -- Gnomes never die of old age... they die of boredom. Forever exploring, forever inquisitive, they seek to drink up the world and change it and let it change them until they grow tired or run out of mysteries. Often this is sooner than the longest life of an elf -- but word has it the oldest gnomes "the first ones" -- might be eons older than the highest elven kings...

Cave Cyclopses -- in the age of beasts, before the world knew any peace at all, the entire globe was rife with monsters and giants, the first imperfect creations of young and inexperienced gods, filling the void left by greater powers. Giants were among the weakest of the monsters, and also the smallest, interestingly. Dwarves spent the age of beasts deep within the earth laying low and elevating their civilization, the highborn seeing the age of monsters first sought for, found, and created their eternal homes of indescribable beauty and defense. As snakes the size of mountains fought great bulls that split the very earth with their hooves, the elves too laid low and elevated their society. When the dust settled -- the world was being reborn and but a few giants remained. Many became degenerate through inbreeding or other misfortune, some say with dark powers to survive the end of their age. Every type of giant had to give up something, it was said, to be spared -- and the cyclops gave each an eye, and their descendants owed this as well and were born without them. The greatest allies of the elves in the oldest "wind ages" lived through the age of monsters -- but the giants were not among them. Cyclopses are often sad or brooding beasts... but some say can be gentle if treated in kind.. far more often they are greeted as hideous monsters, and act as such.

At a point in the ancient ages, humans, elves, orcs, many humanoids of various stripes returned to the sea. While Naiads and Nixies are races of elves that took to the sea, Sirens are descended from the likes of men or other children of light -- it is hard to be sure if they are one species or several with superficial differences of color or feature, like humans. The greatest sirens could wail far below the waves to each other -- and to hear them wail into the air was said to drive some men mad, and others to lose their will to the sirens. It is said that when many siren left their kingdoms on the ocean floors, they eventually lost many of their powers... most can no longer dominate "lesser beings" and many cannot even use their wail to communicate vast distances underwater or flay the minds of land-dwellers. Instead, they sing -- and sing beautifully -- wild sirens may sing to attract prey, or to win favor -- some sing in sorrow and some in community -- but all sirens have a song.

Ents: Ents are living trees, that did not die out at the end of the age of monsters... most likely by sleeping or pretending to be normal trees. The ents during the age of monsters were inexplicably huge -- the ents that remain today are but shrubs to their anscestors, but some yet sleep it is said, and of the new age of ents, who though tree-old are young by the standards of their race -- dream of growing to their full potential. Sadly the quickness and expansion of lesser races had beffuddled, dejected, and more often than not killed the Ent where it lived, and elves are ever remembering times when ents were much larger as they continue to live fewer centuries than the previous generation...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back