• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building BeckonCall's Fantasy Nation-building RPG thread

You've never used the edit button before? How does one accomplish this task and not feel the constant urge to fix spelling errors? THIS IS MADNESS!

I'm afraid to read the post now, with y'all at each other like this. I needn't remind anyone that this was supposed to be a cooperative endeavor where people try to creatively navigate their differences -- I could imagine difficulties keeping hotheads in your factions in line, but I hadn't imagined that factions would be vowing destruction before they even made landfall. I'm not going to tell anyone how to run their faction (I want everyone to have fun and have full agency pursuing their vision)-- but if you think I'm going to have a good time writing flowery prose about kicking over the sand-castle we've been building... y'all got a surprise in store.

Oh god, I'm dreading reading this post now... here goes...

PS -- the Underlords sent colonies to the New World before... does anybody want to take a guess why they might have failed?

Beckoncall said:
PS -- the Underlords sent colonies to the New World before... does anybody want to take a guess why they might have failed?
Dysentery!

And it's cool guys. I personally interpreted the posts as Bel approaching Orm on deck once he was alone (i.e. everyone else was busy doing other things) and while they were talking Maeder rocked up.

Going to mention him signalling the convicts that it was okay to come aboard and then leaving the monitoring of it to some of the warriors as he would probably have been rushing all about the place going "Is anyone dead? I hate the sea so much!"

I read the Elf/exile posts and didn't have a heart attack. Surprise Surprise. You guys are incorrigible. xD

SpiralErrant said:
Dysentery!
And it's cool guys. I personally interpreted the posts as Bel approaching Orm on deck once he was alone (i.e. everyone else was busy doing other things) and while they were talking Maeder rocked up.

Going to mention him signalling the convicts that it was okay to come aboard and then leaving the monitoring of it to some of the warriors as he would probably have been rushing all about the place going "Is anyone dead? I hate the sea so much!"
Thats good then, P.S. Dont tell the elf, but I know where the edit button is SHHHH!

I thought he was writing it as if he was there before I was and was just standing there as Belanor spoke, no big deal though.

And Beckoncall, calm down man, we aren't full enemies yet, I just thought me and Deth were talking shit in OOC, like any proper rper would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how Icerex's faction is taking this tug of war between the exiles and the elves over who will win the friendship of the Tyren.

Also, @SpiralErrant would you like me to react to Deth, or do you wish to post first?

I've taken a chill pill -- this definitely isn't my first rodeo... but I appreciate your willingness to be patient with my limited exposure to RP forum culture. Without body language and inflection it can be easy for some to misinterpret levels of gravity... though your banter is doubtless evident. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to post. ;)

Leusis said:
I wonder how Icerex's faction is taking this tug of war between the exiles and the elves over who will win the friendship of the Tyren.
Also, @SpiralErrant would you like me to react to Deth, or do you wish to post first?
I won't be posting for a good few hours yet so if you want to carry on convo and react it's no problem for me.

Beckoncall said:
I've taken a chill pill -- this definitely isn't my first rodeo... but I appreciate your willingness to be patient with my limited exposure to RP forum culture. Without body language and inflection it can be easy for some to misinterpret levels of gravity... though your banter is doubtless evident. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to post. ;)
Yeah everyone's been there when they start forums. It's why you can never overuse emojis lol

"Dont fight the humans if you kill them all they might end up killing one of us... " -_- All of us arent worth one of you.. Well then are the Tyren not mayflies?

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]"Dont fight the humans if you kill them all they might end up killing one of us... " -_- All of us arent worth one of you.. Well then are the Tyren not mayflies?

[/QUOTE]
Probably but they're also cute and fuzzy and bring their own fluffy pets xD

... And drugs...

There are Mayflies, and there are butterflies, friend. Don't confuse the two. One is a nuisance, and the other a treasure to behold. False-equivocation, sir!

I like these little npc asides btw. Feel like they help add to the character of the factions and can show the varying mindsets of the people in them. Like some of the leaders might be willing to place prejudice aside for the sake of survival but their people may not, forcing them to juggle practicality and public opinion.

I imagine Deth's guys have the most potential for variety given their mixture of backgrounds.

It's exactly those dynamics that are potentially most exciting to me. How does one clean up the mess your friends or dear ones leave for you? How do you pick up the pieces of your best laid plans when the common folk, or a disagreeing friend march to a different drum? Asking for the counsel of advisors (or sometimes not asking for it but getting it anyway) I agree is a great way to flesh out the factions, the cultures, and the world.

What if you guys discover that the reasons the earlier colonies did not survive was ACTUALLY because they didn't attack each other immediately? THAT would be a twist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back