• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Beasts and a Burned Home

Varvarus

Just your average bearded man
Times are dark in the land of Esgarro, the once great empire of Ilchov has collapsed its Tsar dead and its territories shattered. A thousand different factions rise up to seize land and reunify the empire. Yet among this political strife and bloodshed, darker powers tread on great paws. Something stirs in the woodland, the forest and the deep places of the earth. Beasts emerge unlike any other; wolves with several heads and scorpion tails; bears with flaming claws and rotting guts. These beasts murder the peasantry and slaughter whole towns. Meanwhile the nobles sit ideal not caring or unaware of these attacks, wanting only to wax fat with more land and luxuries. Yet their are some who try to slay these beasts, the clergy and a few orders of knights try their best to stop these beasts but they are too few. So the peasants cry out for hope, salvation or mercy and only one man has answered so far. What will you do I wonder.

The World

The world itself has no constant name, the people all call it different things: Terra, Gaia, Elysia and many other names. Better is to refer to the continent on which a person resides. Of which there are three continents on this world:

Stramundus

A land of crags, mountains and scrub land. Its people are hardy and robust; chiefly inhabited by Orcs, Goblins, Gnolls and Dwarves. Although a few Human colonies are scattered across its coast. Stramundus is the largest of the continents and holds the most powerful nation in the world. The Kingdom of Graloth, led by the High King of the Dwarves, Threngin and the Orcish Warlord, Malock. This nation although the largest and most advanced rarely outstretches to the rest of the world seeking mostly to heal it's own wounds from past wars.

Esgarro

Filled with lush plains and verdant forests Esgarro is the home of man. It was once whole united under the great Tsar and his benevolent Rose Gild guard, now the Tsar's empire crumbles and his line has ended. The people of Esgarro mostly live in small villages and towns, chiefly farmers or craftsman the land is fairly advanced but not to the level of the Dwarves of Stramundus. Other races seem to have settlements in this land mostly small villages or a dwarven smithy in a large town.

Volaith

This continent is packed with dense jungles and wide rivers, often more of a great archipelago than a solid land mass this land separates the two other continents. No nations hold here merely the mysterious tribes of the Elves. Mysterious and rare to see little is known about the Elves of Volaith, reports range from fair beings with marble buildings to cannibalistic monsters. All that is truly know is that no colonies can survive on one of their Islands.

(Hear is my terrible MS paint map)

oHQmpzq.png

Technology and Magic

Dwarfs: Steampunk and little Magic

Humans: High Medevil and a Moderate amount of Magic

Orcs: just before industrial revolution and a Moderate amount of Magic

Elves: Tribal to High Medevil and High amounts of Magic

Magic

Magic in this world is fickle it functions as the manipulation of energy. A person using magic is merely manipulating the magical energy in the area. Thus area high in magic a magic user is far more powerful, however they can be overwhelmed.

Let me know if you want in, the information here is just to get your interest in and sort of general info most people would know. The story itself is going to depend on what people want to be as if everyone wants to hunt monsters then it'll be a monster hunting adventure, if people all want to be nobles it'll be political intrigue. Either way it goes please give it a look in and message me if you want any extra info.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED I really do need some help in attracting peoples attention, plz halp.

Varvarus said:
Times are dark in the land of Esgarro, the once great empire of Ilchov has collapsed its Tsar dead and its territories shattered. A thousand different factions rise up to seize land and reunify the empire. Yet among this political strife and bloodshed, darker powers tread on great paws. Something stirs in the woodland, the forest and the deep places of the earth. Beasts emerge unlike any other; wolves with several heads and scorpion tails; bears with flaming claws and rotting guts. These beasts murder the peasantry and slaughter whole towns. Meanwhile the nobles sit ideal not caring or unaware of these attacks, wanting only to wax fat with more land and luxuries. Yet their are some who try to slay these beasts, the clergy and a few orders of knights try their best to stop these beasts but they are too few. So the peasants cry out for hope, salvation or mercy and only one man has answered so far. What will you do I wonder.
The World

The world itself has no constant name, the people all call it different things: Terra, Gaia, Elysia and many other names. Better is to refer to the continent on which a person resides. Of which there are three continents on this world:

Stramundus

A land of crags, mountains and scrub land. Its people are hardy and robust; chiefly inhabited by Orcs, Goblins, Gnolls and Dwarves. Although a few Human colonies are scattered across its coast. Stramundus is the largest of the continents and holds the most powerful nation in the world. The Kingdom of Graloth, led by the High King of the Dwarves, Threngin and the Orcish Warlord, Malock. This nation although the largest and most advanced rarely outstretches to the rest of the world seeking mostly to heal it's own wounds from past wars.

Esgarro

Filled with lush plains and verdant forests Esgarro is the home of man. It was once whole united under the great Tsar and his benevolent Rose Gild guard, now the Tsar's empire crumbles and his line has ended. The people of Esgarro mostly live in small villages and towns, chiefly farmers or craftsman the land is fairly advanced but not to the level of the Dwarves of Stramundus. Other races seem to have settlements in this land mostly small villages or a dwarven smithy in a large town.

Volaith

This continent is packed with dense jungles and wide rivers, often more of a great archipelago than a solid land mass this land separates the two other continents. No nations hold here merely the mysterious tribes of the Elves. Mysterious and rare to see little is known about the Elves of Volaith, reports range from fair beings with marble buildings to cannibalistic monsters. All that is truly know is that no colonies can survive on one of their Islands.

(Hear is my terrible MS paint map)

oHQmpzq.png

Technology and Magic

Dwarfs: Steampunk and little Magic

Humans: High Medevil and a Moderate amount of Magic

Orcs: just before industrial revolution and a Moderate amount of Magic

Elves: Tribal to High Medevil and High amounts of Magic

Magic

Magic in this world is fickle it functions as the manipulation of energy. A person using magic is merely manipulating the magical energy in the area. Thus area high in magic a magic user is far more powerful, however they can be overwhelmed.

Let me know if you want in, the information here is just to get your interest in and sort of general info most people would know. The story itself is going to depend on what people want to be as if everyone wants to hunt monsters then it'll be a monster hunting adventure, if people all want to be nobles it'll be political intrigue. Either way it goes please give it a look in and message me if you want any extra info.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED I really do need some help in attracting peoples attention, plz halp.
this sounds fun,may i join?

Temmeh said:
this sounds fun,may i join?
Most certainly, I'd like 2-3 more before I make the thread if that's quite alright. However feel free to start making a char and message me if you need anything. Also I quite like detailed bios as I tend to work them into the story, it's fine if you don't though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in doing this as well, possibly with MC being one of the former member of the Rose Gild Guard if that's okay.

Harbinger said:
I'd be interested in doing this as well, possibly with MC being one of the former member of the Rose Gild Guard if that's okay.
I like that idea I will send you some info on them or would you rather wait? Also one more and I'll make the thread.

send me the info on them. I bored in class right now and I need something to do. waiting for people to finish their finals.

You mentioned the clergy, will there be any sort of paladin-like characters or holy knights?

The clergy covers a lot of things. Priests, Druids, Paladins anything to do with religion basically.

Temmeh said:
Name:Devin
Nickname:Dev

Height:5´8

Powers:pyromancy

Weakness:Water and lightning

strengths:The sun gives him a bit more power

sex:Male

power origins:Fire is passion, the bright, burning flame of raw emotion sweeping over everything. Those who follow the School of Fire, known as Pyromancers, are tempestuous, quick to anger, and consumed by whatever drives them at that moment. They tend to walk a fine line. Having great passion and enthusiasm for one’s loves in life is good, but watch out!Passion can burn you up and consume you, leaving nothing but a charred husk of your former self. Pyromancers use Incantations to dominate and convince Fire creatures to do their bidding. Fire Magic traces its origins back to the fierce Fire Dragons, the race of Titans that ruled the land in the Days Before.

Devin bio:Devin parents was in the war during the fight between the dragons,pyromancers, and Titans,Thaumaturge.Before his parents went out to the war his parents handed him the book of pyomancy.A sacred book that been in there family for generations.After the war Devin found that his parents died in the war and became homeless and confused of his powers and didn´t know his full potential.

Extra:Also Devin wears sunglasses everywhere he goes and he also carries his family fire book with him at all times.He don't need the book to cast spells but keeps it with him in case he forgets a spell or wants to learn a new one.The book contain information about different creatures and different spells.The book also has a curse on it so if someone touch the book without his permission it will burn you REALLY REALLY badly no matter what.Devin uses rhymes to cast some spells

Is this good?
Could you put his equipment and race on their. Also I think it would be better if rather than his parents being in this war it was a long long time ago. Also I'll want details on these Titans and Fire Dragons. If you want to make a bit of mythos around your characters it'll be nice to know more so I can work it into the story better for you :P . Apart from that just neat it up and post it on the thread.

Temmeh said:
But it was a long time ago.OK dragons are like the gods or ruler of the pyromancers(Fire) the god/ruler of the Thaumaturge (ice) are the Titans million of years go (pyromancers andThaumaturge can live forever unless they areven physically killed)There was a war between the Dragons and the Titans.Devin was physically a little child at the time but he was over 1,000 years old.His parents fought along side with the pyomancers but died in the process.His family had a book of pyomancy for generations so Devin used that to survive for eons later but he still have much to learn.Doffer this make a little more sense?
Aye it makes sense. I am assuming the Fire Dragons are gone. Also I'd like this to happen on another plane of existence to the mortal if that's alright. Sound okay?

Name:Devin

Nickname:Dev

Height:5´8

Powers/race:pyromancy/pyromancer

Weakness:Water and lightning

strengths:The sun gives him a bit more power

sex:Male

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNjgzODYyNTM4ODcyNDIyNDAvMTc5Mzg2OTE5MzI1NTMyMTYxL0lNR18wOTMyLkpQRyJ9.LDi3Iep0kJJF7sSDO47-T5jk_x0.JPG

power origins:Fire is passion, the bright, burning flame of raw emotion sweeping over everything. Those who follow the School of Fire, known as Pyromancers, are tempestuous, quick to anger, and consumed by whatever drives them at that moment. They tend to walk a fine line. Having great passion and enthusiasm for one’s loves in life is good, but watch out!Passion can burn you up and consume you, leaving nothing but a charred husk of your former self. Pyromancers use Incantations to dominate and convince Fire creatures to do their bidding. Fire Magic traces its origins back to the fierce Fire Dragons, the race of Titans that ruled the land in the Days Before.

Devin bio:Devin parents was in the war during the fight between the dragons,pyromancers, and Titans,Thaumaturge.Before his parents went out to the war his parents handed him the book of pyomancy.A sacred book that been in there family for generations.After the war Devin found that his parents died in the war and became homeless and confused of his powers and didn´t know his full potential.

Extra:Also Devin wears sunglasses everywhere he goes and he also carries his family fire book with him at all times.He don't need the book to cast spells but keeps it with him in case he forgets a spell or wants to learn a new one.The book contain information about different creatures and different spells.The book also has a curse on it so if someone touch the book without his permission it will burn you REALLY REALLY badly no matter what.Devin uses rhymes to cast some spells

Is this good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back