• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Battle between Heroes

Space_Kaiser

Formerly known as Loyal Guardian
In 1962 reports from around the world began to surface that those with superhuman abilities had appeared. Ever since then the United Nations and many countries began to develop laws around these superhumans, which resulted instead of heroes rising up to save the people instead they would instead be considered obstructing justice and the law. For over a decade it was like this, until the day when the world's first formidable supervillain made his name known and most effective means where unusable. After a series of deadly events, the UN formed the Office for Superhuman Cooperation that temporarily bypassed the laws they set up to defeat this villain.

Those once considered vigilantes where now considered temporary heroes and after a further three years of dismantling and fighting against what this villain had done, a team of superhumans defeated the villain once and for all. This war against this villain affected all of South America, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and the border states of the USA. Due to superhuman intervention and their affect on the outcome the UNOSC lifted many laws barring superhumans taking a role in protecting people and the world.

It is now 2019 and the world has changed significantly due to superhuman presence. In 1995 the UNOSC established the International Hero Committee that gave official hero licences and requirements on how to become an official hero. In 2001 the UNOSC and IHC created the International Hero Youth Tournament to give those between the ages 18 and 21 to show independent and state sponsored hero organizations their capability as heroes. Those who make it far or who exhibit extreme capability are those who are usually asked to join their organizations.

Ever since then the Hero Tournament has become one of the most watched events on television, rivaling the World Cup and Summer Olympics. Despite it's popularity there is a limit on how many people may participate, as it is an elite tournament for hopeful heroes. The most ever done was 48 back in 2009, but now there is a cap of 24 to 36 depending on the abilities of those who join and the winners of the regional tournaments. This has, however, garnered criticism from the Superhuman Rights Organization who call for safer regulations or abolishment.

Despite this will you join in the world's most prestigious tournament? Will you rise to the top and show what you are made of? Or will you not meet the expectations of others and have your potential ruined. Well there's only one way to find that out, now is there........

Sleepy Asian Sleepy Asian Diamond655 Diamond655 Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed Ghost Toast Ghost Toast D duegxybus Ms MistyEye Ms MistyEye SomeFakeUsername911 SomeFakeUsername911 Spacing Out Spacing Out The Comet The Comet The DoomyFish The DoomyFish @The Endergod Theflamre Theflamre Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers Aliaas Aliaas Moonshadow Moonshadow YoungX YoungX B BlueClover

I should also state that due to the time of appearances of superhumans the geopolitical landscape has changed significantly. For one superhuman politicians were, until recently, rare and those who held public office didn't last long. In the late 1970's superhuman's cause a Third Red Scare as a small group of them took over the Soviet Union, which does still exist to this day (asides from the Baltic states and Ukraine). The Fall of Communism doesn't happen in 1989-1991 and instead happens between 1998-2002 when numerous states adopt democratic governments. The only bastions of Communism are the USSR and China, who has essentially made satellite states of Mongolia and North Korea. African decolonization still happens, but the East African Federation does exist as a sovereign nation. Breakup of Yugoslavia does happen normally. In South America due to the immense villain attack in the 70's early 80's much of the continent has changed. For one since the villain appeared in Brazil, the country is still recovering as it had basically collapsed and doesn't have the status it has today (this doesn't affect their FIFA performance though, although they haven't hosted the Olympics or World Cup since). Columbia is a larger country having incorporated Ecuador and Venezuela in the chaos, Bolivia is divided up even more by Peru, Paraguay, and Argentina. The Falklands War as a result never happens.

So yeah that's my political thing. I'll make the CS Page once about ten peeps are secured in.

What's both? XD

Honor system is when both people are willing to relent and actually lose a match, while a Dice system uses the role dice feature and set certain numbers to certain things (ie. a low number means you weren't able to dodge or block and must take the hit, or you role a high number and you not only dodge but launch a counter attack)

Honor system is when both people are willing to relent and actually lose a match, while a Dice system uses the role dice feature and set certain numbers to certain things (ie. a low number means you weren't able to dodge or block and must take the hit, or you role a high number and you not only dodge but launch a counter attack)
Hmmm... Dice system sounds fair! :D

I'd prefer the honor system.

I can take a loss no problem.
But with dice it gets nonsensical. I've seen dice rolls make a dude with 50tons worth of strength fail to kick a door down, while letting a dude with normal human strength succeed at the same thing. Life is random sure but dice are chaotic beyond what life is.

But with dice it gets nonsensical. I've seen dice rolls make a dude with 50tons worth of strength fail to kick a door down, while letting a dude with normal human strength succeed at the same thing. Life is random sure but dice are chaotic beyond what life is.

And that is also my other worry with the dice system. I don't want to be the GM that always intervenes, because at that point i'll feel like a dick, but if I have to do it then i have to do it.

True it does, but at that point it may become a dice roll RP

Oh yeah now that i think of those variables... Yeah honor it is XD

It could be a combo of both.
Dice rolls can determine things that are completely random.
And a mutual honor system could determine less chaotic things.
With the honor system I find it works best if everyone holds everyone else accountable.

For example if I have a character who gets shot, and the shooter is known for never missing yet I claim he hits me in the leg. It would be up to the shooter and other RPers to be like "naw dude, bullseye don't miss." And so on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back