• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ethan turned as a man spoke to them, turning to look at an elderly man in a raggedy Nobility uniform, but the man looked unarmed and seemingly unafraid to walk up to two strangers in a dark alley to offer to talk. Ethan smirked. "You've got some balls approaches us like that. How does a man of your--" Ethan said to him, only to be interrupted by the woman's outburst, Ethan turning to see her scale the building to escape. Ethan turned back to the old man, "She seems to have other places to be."

Ethan scoops up his arrow as he leaves the alley, joining the old man just as he turns to leave. "So, how exactly did you come by that uniform?"

"Well lad... lets just say the Nobility, Myself, Lady Luck and death had a very uncomfortable relationship, of which I always benifit from and the man whom used to wear these threads is now in the dirt." Shaun says solemnly, his tone quickly changing when he sees a Hard drive in a pocket of Ethan clothing. "Do you know what that is?" Shaun says points to it.

The a shot rang out. A shot from a 44. Revolver.

Jesse didn't bother telling any of these wasters to duck down. Didn't even bother warning Shaun about what he was about to do. If this crazy looking waster, Aurora, snapped and went for his throat he could handle it.

But it was a man in Old World battle armor that took the bullet, and right in the throat. It was the way grunts of the Noble armies dressed. And now that he had killed one, more would be coming.

"If you're gonna fight move quick. If not get outta here." Jesse called out. This is what he figured would happen. The Nobility seemed to have eyes and ears everywhere.

He jumped back into the parking garage area where the grunt was now bleeding to death from his throat, and picked up a tactical SMG. He took out the clip and saw about half a clip left. He put the slip back in and holstered the revolver. Another Noble jumped out from behind a car and tried to get the jump on Jesse with a pistol, but this grunts hand was quickly cut away by Jesse's hatchet. He fell to a knee screaming for a second until Jesses then chopped through the grunts Noble uniform to his jugular.

More Nobility grunts advanced on their location, moving around through all entrances and exits of the alley they were in.

"Fucking Christ J! Now the whole of Superior knows were here, anybody who doesn't want to be hunted by the Nobility and their dogs follow me and Jesse, I may have some need of your help Lad, you too Shaman lady." Shaun shouts, startled. Shaun looks to Jesse, Ethan and Shisa. He then turns and starts running to a nearby sinkhole in the road, leading to an exposed sewer.
"You too miss twitchy," Shaun says as he passes Aurora "unless you wanna die get over here!"

Aurora's moment of craziness vanished with the sounds of ammunition and the fight. She ran with Shaun. She felt guilty whether her ill luck brought this upon them. Her tribal blood heated up watching the action. "i am not dying," she shouted at shaun.

Seeing Nobility soldiers everywhere and no route where she probably wouldn't get shot, Ryder had to find another way out. The ground? Nope. Grunts everywhere. The rooftops? Not enough cover. The alleyways? Swarming. Shit. The big hole in the ground that the group she'd almost gotten into a fight with were diving into? It didn't seem very full of Nobility, and Ryder didn't have room to be picky. Hopping down onto the ruined cars, occasionally shedding a knife to get a Nobility grunt off of her, she dropped down into the hole and rolled when she hit the bottom to avoid breaking a leg. Most of the sewer had dried up in the absence of running water, and time had dealt with most of the mess, so it was mostly dust and mold she landed in.

Shisa was pleasantly suprised by the information the guy had, much more than she expected. She rooted around in her bag for a moment, pulling out a small jar.

"I wasn't going to trade this, but you earned it. Jellyfish toxin I got off someone on the coast. Best paralysis there is. Easily applied to weapons, ingested, or contact. Don't worry about the rabbit pelt, your friend covered you payment wise."

She plucked a few plants out of her poison section, bundling them up for Shaun.

"Oleander, deadly and tasteless. Foxglove, deadly if you use enough. If you don't want to kill them, it can still cause intestinal distress, delusions, vomiting and diarrhea, hypertension. If you want to truly disable someone, Giant Hogweed. Contact poison, phototoxic. Reacts to sunlight. Get the sap on you and go in the sun, causes horrible blisters. In their eyes can make them permanently blind. Swallowed, their throat and mouth blister and they can't breathe or swallow."

She jotted down the new information and her inventory in a small journal, using a bone quill and an ink made of plants and charcoal.

"There's various medicinal herbs as well. A territory map would cover it, a map to Boulder for a ... s**t."

Not having time to think, she wrapped her stuff up quickly, running with the others. Catching up to Shaun, she passed him a piece of Hogweed wrapped in a cloth.

"Coat your weapon with it. Even if they don't die, they become allergic to sun. And it's pretty sunny out. Get it in their eyes, they go blind. "

Not wasting any time, Ethan drew his arrow against his bow and readied to fight, following the old man as Nobility grunts descended upon them. The old man seems to be leading them underground. Still, few options, and the Nobility will definitely kill them all. "Hope you know where you're going." Ethan mutters to Shaun, heading with the others into the sewer.

Jesse picked up another pistol off one of the Noble soldiers before following after Shaun. It was an upgrade as far as fire rate and ammo capacity went, but perhaps a bit less punch. Didn't matter so long as he got headshots.

As he reached the manhole he shot another soldier in the knee who was about to gun down Shisa.

"You coming or what?" He yelled as he also climbed down the manhole.

As they were in the sewer, Aurora turned to Jesse, "give me a gun. I will kill some of these bastards." In truth she has never held a gun. She had always enviously seen Denver's soldiers carrying it. She is a fighter. She had fought right from her childhood. Only that matters right.

Jesse handed Aurora the revolver. He didn't want to, but it held fewer rounds than the handgun he picked up.

" If you freak out and try to shoot me, then you're fucked." He said, then turned to Shaun "You know how to use these things?" He said, showing the SMG. The SMG was a definite upgrade from any handgun, but Jesse strongly preferred handguns. He had a better feel for them and while he was very efficient with almost any firearm, he felt maybe just a little more accurate with a handgun.

Aurora took the revolver from Jesse and admired it. "Don't worry, i am not against you." She turned to others, "Let's kill all these raiders. If you let go one of them, he will bring back an army. We have to make sure we kill them all."

Jesse looked at the manhole, then looked around the rest of the sewer where they were. There were only so many places from which the Nobles could approach them. Perfect.

"We're in the ideal place." He said.

A grenade dropped down the hole, but Jesse kicked it away and it burst at a safe distance.

"How about we stay here, and you find another manhole and try to flank em." He told Aurora, then turned to Shaun "Want to go with her?"

"Better Idea, I have a map and this place is a labyrinth. They won't find us, all you have to do is trust me to get you all to the Cistern. From there we should be right on top of a freshwater spring and incapable of being found." Shaun hurriedly says. This was a less than ideal circumstance but he knows he can get there alive.
"Since we seem to all be packing a gun now, it's safe for me to get this out..." Shaun says as he dramatically flaps open his coat to reveal a sawn down Remington pump action shotgun and racks it, creating an echo that darts down the tunnel.

"Let's do that," Ryder said, agreeing with the old guy, "There's probably more on the way and I am not getting stuck down here with the five of you. and an army of Nobility."

"I hope you're all wearing earplugs, if not you're going to get hearing issues from gunfire in here, God forbid there be any..." Shaun says, taking point with his map in one hand and Shotty in the other, "I may not be a great shot, but withthis I don't need to aim."

Shaun was right. Jesse missed the days of raids and ambushes on Nobility assets, but those days were long in the past and they didn't have nearly the ammo necessary for an all out battle.

"Alright, lets go. Following your lead." Jesse said, taking the back of the line of whoever was following Shaun. Another grunt started going down the manhole before taking a bullet right to the spine. Jesse could have landed a headshot, but he was feeling sadistic at this moment.

"Back when I was working in the University, I was privy to many documents no one had bothered to look at in centuries. This map being one of them, detailed around a hundered ancient buildings, pre-collapse ruins. This Cistern was originally part of an old Fortress built during the American Civil war and was built over by the start of the 2090's. This is the only copy." Shaun says, as the group enters a large, almost auditorium sized hall, with a great pool in its centre with gleamingly clear water.

"And before you freak out, yes I did work for the Nobility, yes I did terrible things, no I was not involved with the torture directly. All I did was read old books to find where weapons chemicals and powerful tools were kept from the pre collapse days." Shaun discloses. "This uniform was worn by the man sent to kill and dispose of me after I suggested a different, less unethical method of power"

As the Nobility grunt roared in agony, Ethan could not help but grin. "Always fun hearing them scream, isn't it?" He commented, following along with the others, but keeping an eye out for any more enemies, should they manage to slip past Jesse. He was clearly a skilled combatant, something that Ethan will not forget.

At Shaun mentions weapons and tools, Ethan could not help but pipe up, "Weapons and tools, huh? I would want a word with you about that, once we've lost the Nobility."

Shisa followed in line down the manhole, finished stuffing her wares back in her bag. It appeared few Nobles had followed them down, and those that did quickly were shot by Jesse. She handed both Jesse and Shaun the herbs and poisons they requested. At Shaun's mention of his time with the Nobility, she passed him a small flask. She took a sip herself, to prove it wasn't poison. Still, never taking off her mask.

"Whiskey."

"Anyone else need anything?"

Shisa rubbed the horns on her staff. It was finally happening. This was what she needed, this was her destiny. She finally remembered something that had been bugging her. Aside from the fact she wanted to harvest that Noble goon. But, she had to let him go, they would freak out and kill her if they knew. She was already weird enough. Passing Jesse his jellyfish neurotoxin, she whispered to him.

"You are the chosen one, aren't you? From that old resistance group. Our paths align, chosen one."

"Im afraid by weapons I mostly mean biological, chemical or completely excessive forms of weapons. The Nobility sent me to the Laska territory on an expedition to the fabled City of No-Rad. It was real, and also a 15 mile wide nuclear crater. The Nobility wanted me to locate nuclear missiles for them, that is when I begun to doubt them being the best thing for the Wastes. As for Chemical weapons, KP-14 as I said I found in an old Russian Lab in the grand Siberian wastes."

Last edited:
"Something that will please you, however is that the Nobility had a bad habit called Scorched earth tactics. When their settlements were overrun from the cannibals of the Rockies, they tried to destroy Intel and weapons. I happen to know where they missed some weapon caches. I am talking heavy ordinance" Shaun stops talking to sip from the pool, and laughs, "Its clean!". "Where was I, ah yes ordinance. I'm talking Ars, Negevs, Browning mgs and even, my personal favourite wall buster, a javelin rocket launcher."

"It's probably why we were attacked in such numbers, I have been dodging and slipping away from them for 8 years now. They want the Intel I have or me destroyed, if they cannot have both." Shaun stops to make sure nobody had been lost in the journey, before continuing. "These guys want me deja because I have two of the three things needed to run a proper, organized resistance against them."

The archer had no idea what the old man was talking about, he knew nothing of chemicals or nuclear missiles or the weapons of the Nobility, but the Nobility want them and, for Ethan, that would be enough to deny it to them. If the Nobility is interested in something, whether Ethan understood it or not, it's just best to keep the Nobility from it, no matter what it is. And then Shaun mentioned a resistence against the Nobility. That grew Ethan's attention fully, just as everyone stops.

"You want to start a resistence against them?" Ethan gave out a mocking snicker, "And how do you plan to do that exactly?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back