• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bastard's Tale

TheAdept

One Thousand Club
nuclear-winter.jpg

The world didn't end in one day. In fact it didn't really end at all. The Old World fell apart and many died, but people adapted, and a new way of life became business as usual. In the vast ruined world law and order returned to tiny regions ruled by gangs and networks of cities that call themselves "empires." The world looks far different from what it once did and death is almost as common as the acid rain.

In what was once called "Colorado" is an oppressive regime called The Nobility. These assholes have taken all the guns they could find and are guarding all means of knowledge and the secrets of the Old World. There once was a gang, feared throughout the wastes known as The Bastards, but all are assumed dead or defected to other factions.

That is false, however. A single member survives and seeks to strike at the Nobility once more, but his thirst for revenge might get the better of him. This is the story of him an his gang.

The Setting

Snow falls on the ruined city of Danver and the surrounding areas as more clouds have come to block out the sun. It hasn't really been warm for a while, guess someone still has bombs to fire off elsewhere in the world. But bombs aren't the only reason everything is fucked up. The ruling governments of old unleashed their chemical and viral arsenals in the last major attempts to destroy each other. Maybe they are the reason for Black Vein, a disease that makes you feel like Superman for a day, then a vegetable for three before ultimately killing you, or the hostile wildlife moving in on the city.

The Nobility rules the streets of Danver and the regions north to the Wastes of Wyoming, but they are not our only problems. The Eastern Badlands are inhabited by countless tweaker tribes and gangs, and nobody knows what lay west of the mountains. While powerful, The Nobility isn't exactly unified, with different "Houses" struggling for a greater share of the power.

This RP will focus on the characters, the new Bastards gang, working towards the goal of taking down the Nobility. There will be no point system and I will entrust you, the players, to aid in the creation of an interesting tale.

Name:
Origin: (Where you are born and raised, why you want to take down the Nobility, any backstory you wish to share.)
Combat Proficiency: (You may have two hand to hand skills and one other, possibly with a type of gun but guns are rare outside the Nobility.)
General Knowledge (You may pick two, could be anything not related to combat)
Starting Items: (I'm not too restrictive but you most likely wouldn't have a gun. Also only what a person can realistically carry)

1. Don't control other people's characters, I can't stress this enough
2. No auto hitting. Absolutely none
3. Don't make your own lore points
4. No supernatural player characters. This is reality...after shit really hits the fan and goes to hell, and there might be a few supernatural things later on but our characters are human.
5. If I ask you to edit a post, please do
6. Enjoy yourself and I hope we will all have fun with this.

Last edited:

Question. We kinda talked about this on discord, but would a Nobility lord have a brand on his harem girls so they couldn't be stolen or escape?

Question. We kinda talked about this on discord, but would a Nobility lord have a brand on his harem girls so they couldn't be stolen or escape?

Not really because they get traded between nobles and sometimes rented to someone rich enough who is not a Noble.

It’s assumed they won’t be able to or even won’t want to. These girls are trained for the harem and not really taught combat or survival skills. A pretty lady is more of a target in the apocalypse and if they escape there’s no saying the Nobility won’t scoop her up again whether or not they know.

Not really because they get traded between nobles and sometimes rented to someone rich enough who is not a Noble.

It’s assumed they won’t be able to or even won’t want to. These girls are trained for the harem and not really taught combat or survival skills. A pretty lady is more of a target in the apocalypse and if they escape there’s no saying the Nobility won’t scoop her up again whether or not they know.
That's...both morbid and on...brand for the setting I guess

So, the last bastard, a scholar, and an ex concubine. How should I round out the group? I was thinking originally an ex Bastard, but that makes the Last Bastard not the last

So, the last bastard, a scholar, and an ex concubine. How should I round out the group? I was thinking originally an ex Bastard, but that makes the Last Bastard not the last
A scavenger who is out for himself and is only along because he thinks he might be able to steal something good from the Nobility? Or maybe go the completely opposite direction and be a priest? A kind of odd man out situation?
Or maybe the last member of a rival gang to the old Bastards or maybe even an ex-Noble?

My current ideas: the rival gang to old Bastards, gang that was absorbed by old bastards, crazy shaman type, "doctor" who has learned through generations.

I was going to do ex noble, but thats already been done (and one possible ref image was going to be Furiosa).

My current ideas: the rival gang to old Bastards, gang that was absorbed by old bastards, crazy shaman type, "doctor" who has learned through generations.
Oooh! So this might be some superstitious "tribal" sort of gang?

Also, I want to add here that the gangs from our normal world still exists and many are thriving (crips, bloods, MS13, hells angels, yakuza, etc.) then there are various tribes of cannibal tweakers to the east (East Colorado and Kansas are pretty much just wastelands) and some violent survivalist communities to the south and in the mountains. You are also free to sort of make one up.

And of course, these gangs would be thriving elsewhere. Not in Nobility controlled Denver and Northern Colorado.

I'm going to start on the first post of the actual RP. We are all in a similar neighborhood of Superior. Its a small town in between Boulder and Denver. It is now completely abandoned.

The moment you've all been waiting for:

I thought maybe i should be on Nobility side or i should be like a not much of a use person who want to assist warriors (you have seen 300 film, right) or i can play a woman character working in an inn/club/salon on the way close to city or any thing you say.

All the characters should be on the same side. I find allowing people to be villain characters makes things kind of a mess. Maybe such a character would work if they were a spy pretending to help this “last Bastard.” And this inn worker, would she still be traveling with the characters?

inn worker. Yes she will be traveling. Will be exciting if she is kidnapped/under compulsion to travel with them. It takes time to realize a faint shine of goodness in your abductors, right. But why is she compelled to be with them? Maybe she has got something that will help them in their mission.

Lexico Lexico She is working for the Nobility at first so these new Bastards capture her? We haven’t even established the group yet. They are about to meet each other.
Or maybe her brother or other loved one is carried off by Nobility soldiers and she sees this group as a chance to find this person?

Lexico Lexico She is working for the Nobility at first so these new Bastards capture her? We haven’t even established the group yet. They are about to meet each other.
Or maybe her brother or other loved one is carried off by Nobility soldiers and she sees this group as a chance to find this person?
Perfect. I will post CS ASAP and please feel free to suggest me alternates in the process/CS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back