• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"It depends on what it is." Ethan said, curious but uncertain, walking over to Shaun, "But I'll have a look at it, sure. Can't promise anything, though."

"It's much simpler than the pre-collapse designs, here." Shaun says, handing Ethen a sheet of paper. On it looks like a sketch hollowed out tin can filled with buffets inside. "This design hopefully allows gunfire to be noticeably quieter, a suppressor it's called. Put one on one of our SMG's and you'll be able to drop entire groups of un-armoured, un-expecting men with less chance of being brutally killed."

"That's brilliant!" Ethan exclaimed in excitement, grinning from ear to ear as he looked over the designs, "Our biggest disadvantage using guns is how fucking loud they are. Fire just once and every noble in hundreds of yards all around us know where we are. If we can silence the weapons, though, we won't have that problem."

"Great work." Ethan said, looking up at Shaun with a smile, "See if you could come up with similar designs for our other guns as well, and any more we haven't collected yet. I can start work on these silencers once we get back from Boulder."

"A silencer is only useful in situations where silence makes a difference. You got to pick the right weapon for the job. In this case I recommend a machine gun." He said, but not to Ethan. Ethan was away at Shaun's desk. He told this to Shisa who was toting a crossbow. "I also recommend some of this rabbit. Could be the last thing you ever eat." He said as he picked one of the rabbits off the grill.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superior
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jesse spotted William's men, he raised his arms to signal they were friendly and held his mask at his side. It was a lot of men; probably necessary for what was about to happen. He saw the parking garage, and it felt weird being back here under these circumstances.

"It's just a scare tactic." Jesse was saying with an innocent grin as he held the mask up showing the Nobles who already had their guns aimed at his and his friend's heads "Not only will House William be attacking, but some crazy cannibals." Jesse made bunny ears as he said 'cannibals.'

Shaun followed Jesse, casually slinging his shotgun over his shoulder, his Negev on his back and carrying the IED in a bag at his hip. He has a purple armband on, which he shakes his masked face over to so they see friendly colours.
"If these chuckle-fucks are scared of us now, cant wait to see the red's reaction." Shaun says, his voice now warped to an east coast accent.
New new York to be specific.

Last edited:
Shisa continued to look over the other member's masks. They would work, but couldn't Jesse have had her make them? They would've looked alot better. But, she continued to decorate them. Black soot around the eyes, red clay around the mouth of the mask. Truly demonic. She gave each mask a symbol on the forehead. They didn't mean anything, but would only serve to easily identify each member if need be.

Shisa gritted her teeth under her mask. This was a mockery of her culture and her ways. But, it was necessary. Jesse and Shaun had given her a list of rules, so they wouldn't realize she was actually a Bone Speaker. Mainly: Common language only, never take out her bone runes, no cannibalism (this one was stressed heavily), use her common name, and generally don't do anything weird.

Shisa grabbed Shaun's hand for comfort, giving it a light squeeze. She didn't like having to be a sheep in wolf's clothing, or any of this. It was mockery, it was uncomfortable, and she couldn't even take her staff. That staff was her main weapon, she killed that ram herself. But, a staff made from a skull and spine was a bit too much, so she had to leave it behind.

Shisa was scared, very scared. Not only were they storming a Noble stronghold, they were doing so with Nobles that would very quickly kill her if they realized she was the real deal. Shisa whispered to Shaun.

"Let's just get in, get Mos, and get out. It's like they can sense I'm not like the others."

Shisa was right though, her mask was more well decorated, and had the longest antlers. She too held out her arm to show the purple band.

Shaun whispered back to Shisa, "If these guys realise who I am, I'm just as screwed as you. My head can feed them for years." Smiling under his mask, even now Shisa was showing her affection to him. Impractical? Yes. Confidence boosting? Also yes.

Ethan didn't have his mask on yet. It restricted his vision, and he certainly liked to see. He had his gear; pistols, Negev, and bow with arrows. Once he can build the silencers, perhaps he won't need his bow anymore. He stood by and watched, skull mask in hand, waiting for the show to begin. Shaun and Shisa were a bit sickly sweet for his tastes, though.

The commander approached them and shook his head in mild irritation.

"Perhaps you could have notified us." He said, as Jesse noticed the Nobles were all wearing black cloaks. Armor underneath still, but in addition to that, Jesse and his new buddies weren't the only ones playing pretend. The commander then put on a wood mask with a face drawn on with blood and pulled a hood over his head. "You look entirely different. You look like failed jesters." He said "But it will have to do."

"Our bad." Jesse said, smiling harder now. He loved tricking people. He fought laughter as the other Noble soldiers put on their own masks.

'At least bone stops bullets better dumass' Shaun thought to himself. They looked like the pride parade at the end of a Gothic masquerade orgy. At least he had a proper reason to be looking like this, to protect Shisa from being lynched on this job.

Shisa really wanted to punch the commander. One, their masks were absolutely horrid. I mean seriously? Wood. Do you want splinters in your face? And faces drawn on in blood? What kind of wanna be tribalism is this. It doesn't even mean anything.

I mean seriously, who carved those masks? It looks like he just strapped a plank to his face. This would be torture. Shisa leaned in to whisper to Shaun again, giving him a 'cheek kiss' (booping him with her mask).

"Are you sure I'm not allowed to kill this guy? As I really want to."

"I wouldnt reccommend, we may be better dressed, but they'll be targeted more. Whether they've noticed or not, they're still in a fucking uniform, insignia or no." Shaun whispered back, blushing under his mask at the boop and brushed his hand against hers as a response.

"We look like failed Jesters? I'm sorry we couldn't have the foresight to know you were dressing up as the unheard fans of Lord Woodrot, tribal worshippers of demonic splinter inconvienece." Shaun said to the commander in the New New York accent

Last edited:
"I still don't like this plan. It's degrading and uncomfortable. There is alot I want to say to him.Also, I personally want to punch whoever made those masks. Horrible craftsmanship."

Once Shisa was done whispering, she chuckled at Shauns clapback. She wanted so say something really bad, but still didn't want to out herself. It would probably be best for her to talk minimally on this mission. But she had to get one quip in, at least. She'd save it though. She just had to wait this out.

Odd, one of William's men was staring at her. Not just bc of the mask. It was creepy, like he knew. It was hard to tell behind his mask, but it seemed like he wasn't blinking. Like he knew she was a witch, and was afraid of her. Shisa hid partially behind Shaun.

Shaun saw shisa shuffle behind him, trying to escape the glare of one of the soldiers.

"Hey goldfish, ya like starin' huh? If you wanna keep doing it with both eyes, point 'em elsewhere capiche?" New new Yorker Shaun says to the man, gesturing to the sheathed knife on his vest. If these guy wanted to give the Mercenaries hired to help them attitude, they deserved to put up with small promises like that.

Not noticing the stares at Shisa, Jesse was confident this was going to work. He wanted to distract any of the Nobles who were skeptical about them with what value they were adding.

"Well maybe our plans clash, but we have another plan that will devastate he defenders. Tell them, Shaun." Jesse said, referring to the gas.

Shaun reached into the bag and took out the bomb, being careful not to drop it. "Some out of state ordinance for you." He says, holding it up.
The commander tries to grab it out of his hand but Shaun moves it behind his back. "Ah, ah, ah, leave this to the professional pal."

Shisa perked up at the talk of her and Shaun's little project. When the commander reached to grab it, she swiftly moved out from behind Shaun, blocking his hand.

"I wouldn't do that. One wrong move with that thing and we're all dead. "

The commander retreated his hand and eyed Shaun suspiciously, apparent even through his mask.

"And what is your plan with it? Throw it? We have grenades." He said

"We're here partly on our own agenda, not just for the sake of your Lord William. Stay away from the East gate, don't get in our way, and you'll be fine."
Shaun says to the commander. "I wouldn't throw this thing if I could, I'd never get clear in time." Shaun dismissed the Commander's questions.

"We have our plan, just.. stay away from it. I assume you like staying alive. "

Shisa, inspired by Shaun, had taken on a more Slavic accent, almost Russian. She may have been much shorter than William's men, but they seemed to respect or fear her a bit more. Maybe the voice, maybe because Shaun was holding a superweapon. It was probably the Superweapon.

Shisa liked this semi mocking of the commander. He was an ass, and she really wanted to poison him. He had about as much intelligence as the plank he strapped to his face. And again, they couldn't have put more design work into the masks. I mean seriously, they didn't even smooth out the wood on some of them.

Last edited:
"All Nobles are terrified of the tribals. They already know who is attacking today, but if they see us dressed as tribals they will think we've gone mad. They're afraid of being eaten. You can flay a man or rip him apart by his asshole, but you're not so tough when you're being ripped apart by a savage. We approach the city, then at my cue you all rush." He shouted to everyone through the silly mask, but Jesse couldn't take him seriously at all.

"You mean...you want us to break rank, sir?" Asked a humble recruit

"Yes! Act wild and insane. Attack with all of your ferocity!" The commander shouted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right outside Boulder
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Noble army marched, scattered so a volley of machinegun fire couldn't hit them all at once. Every once in a while, a man would take the mask off and remove a tiny sliver of the wood of the mask from his face. In one instance, a man attempted to adjust but the sliver went in his eye. He screamed until the commander shouted him quiet and the man closest to him pounded him in the gut. They traveled the old world road. Beside them there seemed to be an ocean of grass with the occasional bush and even more rarely a tree.

The city of Boulder was reinforced to surely protect the even more fortified structure inside: The Academy. A barbed fence marked a fine border surrounding the roads and old buildings of the city proper. The Nobility cared little for the abandoned farms outside. Concrete barriers inhabited the road and men with rifles crouched behind. These Nobles were aware of William's men and their plans. Surely, Jesse thought, their general Santos had no idea who was with them.

A loud thunk sounded so everyone heard. Then dirt, concrete and human limbs flew everywhere as a shell exploded in the ranks of William's men.

It was a great day. She will meet Mos today. Aurora had semi automatic in her hand. An additional pistol and her own knife and ammo. She wanted to carry light so she can be in the front attacking. Masks, sarcastic comments and little romance from Shisa Shaun, She did not waste her time worrying about anything. Let Mos come and she will teach these two what romance is.

She was saving her energy for the attack. And when they were close, she felt happy. And when the attack happened, She jumped to her right side. She observed from where they were being attacked. Shit this was too early. She held the gun ready and will shoot if she finds her enemies crossing the line.

Shisa had to bite her lip to keep herself from laughing at the Commander and his men. It.. was that really what they thought tribals looked liked? And of course they were getting hurt from their own masks. They didn't even coat it with anything. Idiots. One of the many reasons bone is better.

But the guy getting a sliver in the eye, even he didn't deserve that. Shisa let go of Shaun's hand, jogging over to the private. It took her a moment to realize why the other soldiers immediately gave her a wide berth. Shisa set a hand on the injured man's shoulder, alerting him to her presence.

"Hey, let me help."

After getting him to calm down, Shisa managed the best bandage job she could on his eye. Thankfully, it was just a scratch of the cornea. But untreated, it could easily turn south. Glad she was there. She gave him a few leaves to chew on, which she then had him spit out, she said they were for the pain. A coca leaf for the pain, a mint leaf because being anywhere near him made her want to gag. And, a Mother in Law Tounge leaf. Shisa never knew why it was called that, or why someone would have a Legal mother. What she did know is eating or chewing it would cause someone to lose their voice, only for a few hours. A day maximum. But he was making far too much noise.

Shisa just got back to her group when the shell exploded. Shisa took a quick head count, before rejoining Shaun's side. She turned to Shaun and Jesse.

"I thought they didn't know we were coming? любимец, is the weapon still safe?"

(любимец Pronounced:lyubimets, Meaning favorite or darling. A pet name)

Jesse didn't flinch when another shell hit and destroyed another handful of Nobles. This was perfect, however, as while some men were loyal to the plan and began rushing towards the city, some other men used the chaos to break rank and try to flee.

"Come on." Jesse said, breaking rank in a more sparse direction "These guys can't have that many shells. They got to focus on the group actually attacking them. They can't focus too much on the people they think are fleeing. While they are distracted with this group, we snake around and hit them from another side." He said, as he fired a pistol round and took out a sniper in a crudely built tower.

Aurora jumped in action and followed Jesse. Her SMG was ready. She knew if they were in the crowded group, possibility of another shell hitting them was high. She ran with Jesse. And some one started shooting in their direction. One bullet missed her but it was damn close.

"I cannot take this shit anymore," She turned towards the shooter. "I will be with you in a minute. I have a job to finish." She walked towards the shooter's direction. It was a border guard who was shooting at her. Now as she was coming in her direction, he panicked and started shooting aimlessly. She saw him far away. She took the SMG, fixed it in her shoulder and aimed him. Few bullets flew by her side. Focused she pulled the trigger. Thud Thud she made sure no bullet was wasted. Poor guy took it all.

She smiled and turned, slung her gun and started running to catch up with Jesse. What was his plan now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back