• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Bad title aside... Medieval-werewolf-priest thing, anyone?

CastoffCaptain

Obsess. Hunt. Manipulate. Repeat.
Hi there. I'm going to go about this search in a slightly different manner than I usually do.

The Basics:

*I post about four times a week. I don't like to pressure people to post, and I do not respond well to pressuring.
*I usually average 3-7 paragraphs a post.
*I can provide samples. Please be able to do so for me.
*I love OOC chatter.
*I prefer MxF plots, but can be persuaded to do MxM as long as you understand it won't involve romance and it's very unlikely to happen at all.
*I like detailed, well-written, lovely posts I can sink my mental teeth into and multi-dimensional characters.

The Gist of the Plot/World/Character:

I'll be playing a mild-mannered but slightly odd backwater priest who's just been unlucky enough to be bitten by a werewolf and survived. We'll set this in a medieval-style world around the 14th century in England.

Supernatural creatures are believed in, but are an oddity.
Meaning, this werewolf thing? He's one in say, a handful in Europe. Dragons don't exist. Ghosts are more likely, but the fae? They've probably all moved on by now. I want this to be a fish-out-of-water situation... People are sure it happens, but 99% of the time, if someone says they've seen Something, it can be explained away by natural reasons.

My character, Henricus, is heading to a saint's shrine in order to "get cured"... which of course, he won't. He's traveling with a band of pilgrims on their way to the same shrine for their own various reasons. He's changed into a werewolf once and knows what's coming, and hopes that he'll have time to get his "cure" before he hurts anyone.

This will require a few side and NPCs to be played as they're needed. I'm not asking for doubling.

Now, here's where we get into the not-as-per-usual RP request. I'm going to throw his starter post out there for you to see if you like my style, his personality, etc. Please note: the girl in the post that he's focusing on is not supposed to be your character.

• Brother Henricus

• won't you lay your hands on me, mirror my malady,
        transfer my tragedy?
        my heart's aflame
        my body's strained but

• God I like it.

He couldn't smell her from the hilltop. The tang of her monthlies had tortured him since sunrise, when he and the rest of the pilgrims had taken to the road leading to Holywell. She'd started last night-- that much he'd heard through the tavern walls with the help of his newly-enhanced hearing. The girl's nurse had crowed her pleasure at the girl's blossoming womanhood, what with the upcoming wedding-- but now, with the evil inside him heightening his sense of smell as well, simply being near the group of eight had been driving him mad. The wind swept down from the north across the fields, carrying with it the scent of the sea, and for a moment, Brother Henry was given a moment of respite.

Her name was Agnes and she was barely fourteen, a bride-to-be promised to a minor lord of Northumberland. Sweet-tempered, gentle, and kind, Agnes was loved by all in the small party, and it was easy to understand why a parent would be reluctant to let her out into wilds of England. Two knights accompanied her in addition to her nurse, well-armed killers meant to keep her safe from brigands and thieves along the way. Henricus--Brother Henry to his friends-- wiped the sweat from his brow and pulled his black robes closer around his body.

It wasn't thieves she needed to fear.

He exhaled. His hands shook. He could go on sitting on them, as he had done for the first half of the break the group had taken for lunch, but instead he stared his fingers. They'd changed; his pointer, ring, and pinky digits now matched the length of his middle ones, a hideous and shameful mark of evil that had been brought about by that night. The night of blood and terror, fleeing the enraged giant of an animal who'd purused him through the empty monastery until he'd squeezed himself down the dortoir's garderobe shaft and escaped death. Not before his back had been opened by the fangs and claws carrying the poison which now flowed through his body, however. That was the night which had led to later nights of transformation under the silver-slick light of the moon.

The stories weren't true, though. It wasn't just a full moon that could turn a man into wolf.

He raised his eyes to the heavens; their blues matched, although there were far more clouds in the monk's gaze than in the afternoon sky. He would have to trail even farther along behind the group now that Agnes had become a woman, at least until her bleeding had stopped, because if the pattern of the past two and a half months held fast, it wouldn't take the full moon to send him into the Darkness. Just the hint of crimson, the flash of silken flesh, a vein throbbing in an exposed throat, and he would be lost.

Henry clamped his fists shut. He would be lost, and she would be dead.

Lying back on the rain-sodden hillside, the monk spread his arms wide and waggled his sandaled feet, watching a hawk wheel above him.

Well. A giggle wormed its way up from his throat. At least she wouldn't have to worry about that boor of a husband anymore.

"Stop it!" He hissed at himself, appalled by the thought. Even his mind had been poisoned. So much so that it wasn't until he was halfway down the hill that he realized he was striding toward the travelers, toward her, one hand fisted at his side while the other gripped the copper pilgrim's badge pinned to his cloak. The emblem of St. Winnefred bit into his palm: the saint, her head raised in prayer, frozen in her holy struggle with a wolf.

PM me or post here if you'd like to continue the RP somewhere here on RPN!

This looks very interesting and this plot has more than captured my attention, are you still looking for people to try this out?

Sounds like you have some takers, but I may as well state interest. This sounds great! Or otherwise I'd happily try something else with you.

Sounds like you have some takers, but I may as well state interest. This sounds great! Or otherwise I'd happily try something else with you.
Do you have any ideas? Preferences for genres? Ro
shoot me a PM re: other plot ideas/genres/characters you might want to dabble in!

You know Cap... The only thing that came to mind when I read this was:

Quite possibly the best thing to happen to me all year. Oh, my god.

I have missed you, BananaMan.

(And is it bad that I kind of like the music in all its cheesy horrible glory? It reminds me of Nightwish.)

How about some Voltaire, then?

And to answer your question: I have not. I'm being a picky old git. I want a medieval fantasy roleplay, the standard D&D sort. But... Either people have dull pairings or they're just wanting modern stuff "à la Twilight".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back