• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bad Influences [Main]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

apolla

❛ it's only love, nobody dies ❜
d4958a2f578e18280ea40e509a6d4997.png

Welcome to the main thread!

Starting setting:
Middle of June, summertime
City family has moved in
Been there for a few weeks now.
Who's met who?
Monday, 12PM noon
There's a block party/cookout going on

erzulie erzulie Jessii Jessii Lizy Lizy eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch Saturnah Saturnah Meme Machine Meme Machine A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

b60640ab278932c9f34fb79b34557aea.jpg
6e3b611f6cbf938cceb1cc25ccc539e9.jpg

Amaya Jackson

Amaya groaned as she looked at herself in the mirror of her room. She had agreed to try and at least dress like a ‘proper’ young lady while she was home. Amaya’s usual style could be described as many things, laid-back, tomboyish, lazy, and she preferred it that way. She’d rather be comfortable in what she wore than worrying about impressing other people, especially people in her town. For as long as she could remember she’d been judged by them, she remembered their fake smiles and whispers as she walked by.

But Amaya decided to at least try for once. It couldn’t hurt to attempt to do it at least once. And she supposed that it could be worse. The wants she wore were comfortable, the top was as well. She could get through this. Amaya had let her hair hang in waves after she’d brush it out. She didn’t feel like tying it up or trying to pull off some elaborate style. As soon has she got back to her apartment tomorrow, she’d go right back to the way she was.

Amaya has been staying with on her family’s ranch for the weekend in order to spend time with them and help out. She had also come down for the block party that she’d been told about. Maybe she’d get a chance to meet or see the mysterious new family that had moved to town. It was a rare thing, for people to move in so the town was curious of course. From what she’d heard they were from the city. All types of rumors had been made as to why they’d move to the little town.

Amaya walked downstairs as she thought. Like usual she headed straight for the fridge, pulling out a pie. After grabbing a knife she cut a slice and then put the slice in the fridge, leaving the rest for herself.

Mentions:
Interactions::
Outfit:
x
apolla apolla
apolla apolla

Last edited:

Lisa
"Hurry up and finish getting ready kids!" Lisa yelled, her voice traveling through the house, "We don't want to be late!" It seemed like her voice being able to carry throughout the huge house was a superpower but really, it just came with having four children under one roof. "The party starts at twelve! I want us to be out of here by eleven thirty! You have twenty minutes!" she yelled to her kids again. She loved her kids but sometimes they could be a real pain. She walked through the house trying to find any of them so she could hurry them along. She wanted to be on time, if not early to the party, because it was an important event for her. Lisa loved socializing and there was a new family who'd moved in recently. The oven timer beeped, meaning that the pie she'd just made for the party was ready.

She walked into the kitchen and saw her daughter Amaya getting out some pie. It was one that she'd made yesterday though, not the one for today, which was a relief. "Are you really going to eat that now?" Lisa asked, disapprovingly, "There'll be food at the party. Are you all ready to go?" As she said this she went to open up the oven and took the pie out. It was a nice peach pie with a lattice top. She turned back to her daughter, awaiting her response.

Mentions: Saturnah Saturnah eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba (all the kids) Interacts: erzulie erzulie

Flynn Jackson

Flynn stared in the mirror in front of him, his brows furrowed deeply. On the right side of his face, standing stark against his pale skin was a dark, mottled bruise, just below his eye. Even though he knew better, he reached up to touch it, wincing at the contact. It was just then that his mother's voice echoed through the house, and he grimaced, wondering how the hell he was going to get out of this. It wasn't that he didn't like spending time with his family, but half of the people at the block party would be people who were actively shunning him. He wouldn't be surprised if Wyatt was there, after all.

Last night, he had been able to sneak back inside through his window and feign not feeling well by going to bed early, but he doubted his mom would be so susceptible to persuasion today. Block parties were her jam, especially after dad left, and he doubted that his own aggressive run in with his ex-best friend yesterday would be enough to stop her wholesome country rampage. But at least, he could try.

Throwing on some jeans and a flannel, Flynn reluctantly exited his room, trudging to the kitchen and pausing by the door-frame. He wrapped his hands around it, almost hiding behind it--specifically, hiding the right side of his face behind it--as he let out a sigh. "Mom?" he asked, trying his best to sound like he maybe was ill. "I don't feel good... Can I just stay home?"

mentions: Lizy Lizy
code by social

Interactions: no one yet
Mentions: no one yet
Tags: no one yet

Dove-Cameron-Floral-Dress.jpg

ee78a89998658c15c8b423d95c510cb7.png

"That's what you're wearing? To a country cookout?"

With her phone propped against the mirror on her vanity, Aleah's best friend since elementary school leaned her chin on her hands as she watched Leah spin around in the short dress and high heels. Leah stopped mid spin, placing her hands on her hips and looking at Jenna over her shoulder, her lips twisted into a humorless smirk. "Well, it's not like I have a flannel shirt and cut off jeans I can put on." Leah rolled her eyes, turning to perch on her little stool and finish her facetime call. "I miss you. This isn't fair."

Jenna scoffed, her screen self leaning back and crossing her arms. "I know! Tell me about it. If my mom had agreed to it, you totally could have stayed here. I still don't understand why she didn't say yes."

"Ugh, who knows." Leah sighed, crossing her own arms, shifting her eyes to her own reflection. Pursing her lips, she leaned forward to check on her lipstick, the bright red matte finish splayed perfectly across them. "They called it a block party. Like who even still has block parties?" Laughing, she returned her attention to her call, seeing that Jenna was now plucking her eyebrows.

"I have no idea." Jenna dropped her tweezers after a minute and sighed heavily. "You'd better go, before someone comes and hunts you down."

"I don't want toooooo." Leah frowned, though she knew Jenna was right. Her mother would definitely come and drag her to this party, if it was the last thing she did. Groaning, she and Jenna blew kisses at each other and Leah ended the call, standing to make her way downstairs. She didn't know where everyone else was, or if anyone had left for the party/cookout yet. "Anyone around?" She called as she reached the downstairs landing, looking around for a family member.

Code by Goldieloxx

Eva
Eva smiled at herself in the mirror as she looked over her outfit. She had chosen a red dress that went down to her mid calf and some short black heels to wear for this event and she looked good, if she did say so herself. She knew that this outfit might be a little formal and over the top for a cookout but formal and over the top was perfectly on brand for her. She ran her fingers through her hair then took out her phone and took a quick mirror selfie to put on instagram. She realized that heels might not be the best idea so she grabbed some black flats to put in her car just in case. Most of her outfits weren't very suitable for the country. She wasn't planing on getting any functional clothes for the country, she wouldn't be caught dead in anything that drab, but she wanted to drive out and go shopping for somethings with a country feel to them.

Eva walked down the stairs and saw her sister, who was calling out to everyone. "Hey Aleah," she greeted. She loved her sister but seriously, sometimes that girl could be a real brat. The whole reason she'd moved out here with her family was to help her mom through the move and help take care of her siblings. She knew that Aleah would be the hardest to manage, although she was the most like herself.

Eva decided that she'd go to the party in her own car. She'd driven to the country by herself, along with a u-haul trailer, because she had so much stuff she just "needed" to bring. If she went now then she could scope out the place a bit early, without her entire family by her side. As much as she loved all of them, that could be a bit chaotic. "I'm going to go now," she said to her sister, "You can come along with me if you want."

Mentions: N/A Interacts: apolla apolla

A33C8F71-0007-46DE-AEB8-D6A8A0175372.jpegMateo Zabielski

Mood: Excited
Interactions: Lizy Lizy apolla apolla

Mateo slipped on his blue jacket, the thin Jean like pattern looking nice against his white tee shirt and dark ripped jeans. He had a watch on, and his black converse with some sunglasses for flair. His mom might get onto him about how hot it is, but Mateo didn’t really care. He thought he looked cool, and besides, the jacket rolled up to his elbows. He heard his sister in her room, talking to someone. Probably Leah. Those two were pretty close, from what Mateo saw. He sighed, opening the door and exiting his room, and decided to head to the bathroom to fix his hair momentarily.

Mateo ran his hands through his hair, making sure no random pieces had escaped his glance. He smiled in satisfaction, and gave himself finger guns in the mirror. He then skipped downstairs, and decided to slide down the banister sideways. He smiled and laughed as loud as his vocal cords allowed (which was pretty quiet for a mute person) as he went, before landing perfectly on the floor. He had been painting a little while ago, so he didn’t really notice that he had paint on his cheek; something he missed in the mirror. He wouldn’t have cared either way.

He saw his two sisters, Aleah and Eva, talking about leaving for the barbecue (was it a barbecue?) thing, so he waved his hands frantically when Eva asked Aleah if she wanted to ride with her. Mateo stuck a dramatic pose, before smiling and walking up to them so they could see him sign clearly. Mateo was frantic and funny inside the house, and with his family, but outside the house? No way. That’s why he admired Eva so much. She was so bold and confidant. Aleah, on the other hand.... he had mixed feelings. She was cool, and was great to talk to sometimes, but she could be a handful. And that’s coming from the youngest in the family!

Can I come along, please? He signed fluidly, making sure they could catch what he was ‘saying’. He smiled up at them, and put his shades on top of his head. He also saw Aleah’s heels, and raised his eyebrows. Eva’s heels were practical, they wouldn’t sink into the mud when she walked. Mateo wasn’t so sure about Aleah’s.

Last edited:

Amaya Jackson

Amaya could hear her mama’s voice throughout the house. If echoed as she ushered them to finish getting ready. She had always been someone who wanted to be on time or early even. With her Amaya never missed a day of grade school. Her mama was a typical southern woman, a charming person and socialite. It was both a blessing and a curse in Amaya’s eyes. Before she could take a bite of her pie her mama spoke. “Yeah, I didn’t eat breakfast. Plus depending on who’s cooking the food might be terrible. “ She shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t want to suffer because some people think salt and pepper are the only spices needed when cooking. And I swear if I see more than three casserole I’m gonna lose my mind.”

Amaya turned her attention from her mother at the sound of her brother’s voice. She loved all her siblings equally but Flynn, she had a soft spot for. He was so quiet and he could be fragile, it brought out protective urges in Amaya when around him. Amaya had her suspicions that he was being picked on and if she were to ever see it for herself, she’d fight every brat that had crossed him or at least scare them straight. Amaya eyes him carefully from his spot behind the door. “Flynn, you’re kind of muffled. Come out so that she can hear you better.” Amaya crossed her arms over her chest.

Mentions:
Interactions:: Flynn eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch , Lisa Lizy Lizy
Outfit:
x
apolla apolla
apolla apolla

Flynn Jackson

At his sister's words, Flynn grimaced, obviously not wanting to do what she asked. But this was Amaya, and she definitely wasn't about to just let anything go so easily. With a heavy sigh, he released his anxious grip on the door frame, stepping into the doorway, exposing his blackened eye to his mother and sister in all its bruised glory. He leaned against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest and refusing to look at either of them.

"I said: Mom. I don't feel good. Can I just. Stay home?" his words were monotonous, almost bitter-sounding. Not that he was angry at his family in particular, more that he was frustrated about having to upset his family with his superficial problems. His eyes darted around the room, or, at least, as much of the room as he could look at without having to look either of them in the eye, gaze finally settling on the floor. He bit his lip, the unspoken fact that his appearance would just make their family look bad hanging in the air around them.
code by social

Lisa
"You'll get away with it this time," Lisa said to her daughter. She usually wouldn't let eating right before they went out slide, but she was in a good mood today. Besides, Amaya did have some good points. Certain people that brought food didn't have the the aptitude for cooking. The food could be bland and there were definitely always more than three casseroles on the table at parties. The voice of her son Flynn got her attention as she was putting plastic wrap on the pie that she made to take along. "Honey, you are not missing this party. There's a new family that's going to be there. It'll be fun," she said with a sigh.

Lisa turned around as Amaya told Flynn to come out. Her eyes widened when she saw his black eye. "What happened?" she asked sternly. She wasn't mad at him at all but she was upset that one of her kids was hurt. Still, there was no way he was getting out of this party.

Mentions: N/A Interacts: erzulie erzulie eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch

modelling.png
Jemima Ann Jackson

"Mind your own beeswax or you might get stung.”​

Jem had tried on a few different outfits. She looked into her full length mirror and wondered if the current thing she was wearing would work. She had tried on a denim skirt with a t-shirt and then decided pants would be the better option. She thought about a romper, but all the shorts were too short for this party. Her thought process was, 'Does this look good? Could I play baseball with everyone in this? Who's going to be there?' She finally settled on a pair of striped shorts with a white tank top. She wore a pair of black sandals that she could take off if she wanted to really run. She always had a pair of socks and tennis shoes with her as well. In case of horse back riding. And of course a sweatshirt because it got cold when the sun went down.

It had been a couple minutes since her mom had yelled up at her from the stairs. She threw her hair into a high ponytail and came down the stairs. She rounded the corner just as their mother had asked what happened to Flynn's face. Jem had already heard of the fight. Wyatt's cousin was a friend of a friend what had told her about it. In her opinion, Wyatt deserved to get beaten with a club. He was a jerk who thought he was a big tough guy. But she wasn't about to go and say that right now. She'd let Flynn explain for himself. If he wanted to tell their mom, he would.

mentions: |Flynn eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch , Lisa Lizy Lizy | Mood: | Indifferent | outfit: X
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Amaya Jackson

Amaya grimaced when Flynn stepped from behind the door. It was times like this when she wished that she had decided to take online classes rather than stay near the university. Amaya knew that she could be around her brother all the time but at least she be present. Plus the town was full of a bunch of gossips, it wouldn’t take long to find out the ones who decided to mess with Flynn. Clearly they had no idea how protective his family was.

“This is bull. Maybe Flynn should stay home. I know that those little bas-brats are gonna be there and I’ll be damned if they do this again.” Amaya huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest. If it was one thing that she hated, it was a bully. She’d been through it before herself, though it had been handled quickly with her fist. And to think that any of her siblings were experiencing made her sick.

Amaya noticed Jemima when she entered the room. “Jem hey, you wouldn’t happen to know about this or rather those involved?” She gestured to Flynn. Seeing as Jemima lived with the rest of the family and was around the same age as Flynn, Amaya figured that she’d know something.

Mentions:
Interactions:: Flynn eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch , Lisa Lizy Lizy Jemima A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba
Outfit:
x
apolla apolla
apolla apolla

Flynn Jackson

The wheels in his head were turning as he tried to come up with an excuse that didn’t wouldn’t cause too much trouble. As he was mid-lie formation, Jem walked in and he shot her a pleading look. “Nothing happened,” he said, his eyes still locked with his younger sister’s, quickly farting away when Amaya started throwing accusations around.

Leave it to their older sister to be intuitive enough to come to the correct conclusions, and he winced at the anger he could sense rolling off her in waves. She was obviously overreacting, at least to the point that she thought would be dumb enough to accost him at a family event with that many people around to see. Well, he was pretty dumb...

“We were just roughhousing and someone’s hand slipped, it was an accident, can we go now?” he blurted out in a stream of consciousness, uncrossing his arms and nodding toward the door. The sooner this scrutiny was over with, the better.

erzulie erzulie Lizy Lizy A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba
code by social

Interactions: Her siblings, Eva and Mateo
Mentions: Eva and Mateo
Tags: Eva ( Lizy Lizy ); Mateo ( Meme Machine Meme Machine )

It didn't take long for one to appear. Just a mere few seconds after Aleah walked down the stairs herself, her older sister Eva descended behind her, looking stunning. Although Aleah wouldn't admit it, she did admire the hell out of her older sister, and longed to be liked her. The real difference between them was the maturity level, though-- Eva was older, more mature, whereas Aleah was still a spoiled teenager.

Not that she'd ever admit that, either.

"Pretty dress." Leah commented offhandedly, resting her chin on her fingers, eyeing the red dress with curious eyes. "I might have to borrow that some day." She probably wouldn't fill it out as good as Eva, but hell, the only way to know was to try, right? Leah turned her head slightly as Mateo appeared, signing frantically.

"I guess you have two passengers." Shrugging one shoulder, she looped her arm through her brother's and started for the door, her heels clicking on the pavement. Leaning down to whisper in Mateo's ear, she grinned slightly as she teased, "I hope there's alcohol there. I could go for a mimosa or even something stronger. What about you?"

She wasn't an alcoholic by far, but she did enjoy drinking. Mateo was the only one who knew, and she'd made him swear secrecy. She hoped he kept it up.

Code by Goldieloxx

584698Mateo Zabielski

Interactions: Lizy Lizy apolla apolla

When Aleah noticed his signing, then said Eva had two passengers, Mateo nodded satisfied, and happily linked arms with his sister. He and Aleah had a really good bond, even for siblings. She was the first person that he told when he came out as gay, and Aleah had told him and no one else about her slight obsession with drinks. Not that she was an alcoholic or anything, she just enjoyed a good drink. Mateo, on the other hand, didn’t really care for them. They were bitter, and just not good. The only drinks he really like were Shirley Temple’s and sodas, and those weren’t even alcoholic.

He shook his head amused, and smiled as his sister whispered in his ear. He shook his head slightly, and began to sign while making sure Eva couldn’t see. He would never tell anyone about her drinking things even though she was underage; he didn’t do it himself, without his moms permission, but he was no snitch.

You and your alcohol. Just don’t go getting drunk, that would be a horrible first impression. And also, if you borrow Eva’s dress, I wanna see it. He smiled at his sister mischievously, and ran his free hand through his hair. They strolled outside to the car, and Mateo took a deep breath in.

Here smelled way different than in the city. It was cleaner air, nicer view, and softer sounds. It was nice for painting and reading, unlike climbing buildings to get a decent silence.
He turned back to Eva, and sighed where she could see.

Let’s go! Unless mom is coming too?

Last edited:

Eva
Eva smiled as her little brother came down the stairs. She always had a soft spot for him. "Of course you can," she said when he asked to come along with them. She walked up to the front door about ready to leave. She hoped this party wouldn't be too boring. It probably would be, this was the country after all. Still, she could only hope that some things wouldn't be too horrible. She'd never straight up complained aloud about the move because the came here of her own free will, unlike most of her siblings, but she wasn't pleased with how things turned out. Putting her career, her life, on hold was the last thing she wanted to do, but she did it for her family.

She turned back to her siblings to look them over and make sure they were ready to go. "You both look great," Eva smiled, "But Aleah, are you sure those heels are the best thing to wear in the country?" The heals her sister had on were huge and impractical for the situation. She knew that Aleah would be stubborn as usual, but she could at least try and get her to bring a different pair.

Mentions: N/A Interacts: Meme Machine Meme Machine apolla apolla

CORENTIN ZABIELSKI
location ∙ family house ∙ mentions ∙ @// ∙ interactions ∙ Lizy Lizy apolla apolla Meme Machine Meme Machine
Rubbing at the sleep still in his eyes, Corentin let out a heavy sigh as he glanced around the guest bedroom. His clothes lying scattered across the furniture, what he hadn’t worn or needed since arriving still packed away in the few duffle bags he had thought to bring. Even so looking for clothes appropriate enough to wear was still a challenge. Everything he owned seemed too casual, too inappropriate for first impressions and his family’s fresh start.

He had hoped that his return would be purely background. Simply unpacking boxes, fixing up and helping decorate, maybe even throwing a hand in with the garden. Afterall, he was here to help his mom settle in, and he’d only brought clothes enough for a month or so, not even bothering to rent out his apartment in his absence. He hadn’t expected ‘cookouts’ and neighbourly events to be on the top of his agenda,

Sifting through one of his bags he pulls out the shirt that needs the least ironing, tugging it on and straightening himself out in the wide mirror fixed above the dresser, giving himself a quick glance over and running his hands briefly through his hair as he takes a moment to prepare himself.

Corentin had only been back with his family for a couple of days, and it had not gotten any easier. He still felt as awkward and uncomfortable as when he arrived. Still struggling as though he were a stranger among old friends.

Grabbing his keys and loose change from the dresser he turns away, his hands tucked into his pockets as he lets out a short whistle and leaves his room, Cujo following quickly at his heels as he makes his way through the house, attempting to tread softly but as always his feet just seem to stomp.

“Mornin’” Corentin nods to his siblings, flashing them a grin “I’m feeling a little underdressed right now, y’all are gonna be showing up your neighbours” He laughs, leaning against the wall and glancing around, noting the absence of their mother. “Mom gone already?”

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

modelling.png

Jemima Ann Jackson

"Mind your own beeswax or you might get stung.”

Jem instant regretted leaving the situation as a whole. This wasn't her story to tell, why was she being interrogated about it. Now all eyes were on her. Amaya's angry gaze, Flynn's pleading stare, and her mom's questioning glance we're confusing her. If she spoke out about what really happened, she would betray her brother and possibly end up with more questions that would lead to uncomfortableness. If she backed up his story than that would be a lie and she wasn't good at lying. If she was defensive they'd knew she was lying. And standing here for a couple seconds of silence made her more open to scrutiny. "I haven't heard anything," She said with a shrug. She hoped her eyes weren't deceiving her as she spoke.

Jem knew it wasn't Amaya's problem to handle. If she went out on a rampage, then it would just make it worse for Flynn. Wyatt had a lot more friends than Flynn did. Her brother needed to know that sunglasses helped to hide a bruise. She wished that her friend hadn't even told her. Jem didn't want to know and she didn't ask. "I don't really want to be late. Otherwise all the good food will be eaten," She tried. She just wanted out of this room and out of this conversation.

Interactions: |Flynn eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch , Lisa Lizy Lizy Amaya erzulie erzulie | Mood: | Awkward, uncomfortable, and upset | outfit: X
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Interactions: Her siblings, Eva and Mateo
Mentions: Eva and Mateo
Tags: Eva ( Lizy Lizy ); Mateo ( Meme Machine Meme Machine )

Aleah grinned down at her brother, reaching over to ruffle his hair some. It was in moments like that, rare moments where she actually let her bitchy walls down and showed she cared, where you could see how much she really did love her family members. But then, within seconds, the walls were built again and she was back to being typical Aleah.

"Oh trust me, you'll see." She told him, glancing over her shoulder at Eva as she heard her sister comment on her heels. "I'm not sacrificing good heels with a good outfit just because we've moved to the boonies." She snipped, her voice on the verge of annoyed. "Trust me, I'll be alright."

Without another word, she turned and marched from the room, heading outside towards her sisters car. "Come on, let's go get this over with!"

Code by Goldieloxx

587103Mateo Zabielski

Interactions: Lizy Lizy apolla apolla chou chou

Mateo tried to wave Aleah’s hand away, giving her a pouty look as she messed up his hair. It couldn’t help a small grin that broke through his features as he ran his hands behind through his hair. Another voice drew his attention, and he turned to see Corentin behind him. He ran over, and hid behind his brother signing so they all could see.

Help! Aleah is abusing me! He smiled as he signed, still trying to fix his hair. When he heard his brothers question he shrugged, and watched Aleah stomp to the car. He looked at his pled siblings and signed,

I’m not the one she’s going to when those heels get stuck on the mud. Then he to sprinted to the back seat of the car, moving his hands in a ‘let’s go’ motion.

Lisa
Lisa let out a loud sigh. This was a madhouse. She looked up to see her youngest, Jemima, had entered. "You look nice honey," she said, trying to calm herself down. She couldn't handle this, not now. The pressure was on to make her family look great, if not perfect, at this cookout. Her mind returned to the current dilemma. It was clear to her that Flynn was lying but she had no time to get what actually happened out of her son. "We'll talk about this later," she looked sternly at Flynn, making it clear that the subject wasn't dropped just yet, "Go and get my sunglasses out of my room, the big ones. They'll help hide the bruising." No one was missing this party on her watch, even if they had a black eye.

She nodded at Jem. They did not want to be late. They just needed to get through this cookout. "Everyone ready?" she asked her family, "Amaya, take the pie and please don't eat it," she handed the pie off to her daughter. "Everyone to the car!"

Interacts: erzulie erzulie eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba

Eva
Eva shook her head at her sister. Whatever, it wasn't her problem. She laughed at Mateo's comment. "It's her own problem," she laughed. She then heard her brother approaching. They were the closest in age but were never too close. They were extremely different people. Their lives apart from their family were very different too. Eva felt like her life was different from her whole family's. She had a level of success that she'd never thought she'd reach and sometimes she feels bad for not sharing much with her family. But it ws her life, she could do what she wanted.

"I have no clue where mom is," she shrugged. She was a bit surprised she hadn't seen her mom around at all this morning. She saw Aleah and Mateo getting in the car. "We were just heading out," she grinned at her brother, "Are you driving yourself or do you want a ride?"

Mentions: A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba Interactions: apolla apolla Meme Machine Meme Machine chou chou

Emerson Murphy

original.gif

Emmy had a scowl on her face as she stood at the bottom of the stairs in the little farm house. She was looking up the stairs, as if expecting someone to walk down at any moment. That someone, would be her brother who was taking forever to get himself ready.

There was a block party going on, and Emmy was super excited to go and be social for once, instead of having to stay and work on the farm. Her plan was to go alone, but her brother was quick to object and say that she should just stay home. Her aunt and uncle didn’t really put in an opinion, but the argument between her and her brother ended with Micah having to tag along. Emmy wasn’t exactly mad at the idea, but she knew that Micah was tagging his sweet time getting ready and would be bugging her to leave the whole time they would be there.

“Let’s go Micah! I would like to get there sometime today, please!”

Micah Murphy

giphy.gif

Micah rolled his eyes as he heard his sister yell at him from the main floor of the farm house. He hated any type of social gathering, and now he was being forced to go to one, all because he tried to talk his sister out of it. It was definitely his own fault that this was happening, but he was not going to be admitting that out loud any time soon. He could never understand why his sister wanted to go talk with other people, and be in large groups. Why couldn’t she just be happy with staying at home?

He buttoned up his plaid shirt before making his way down the stairs, hearing his sister mutter something about him finally making it. He went to mess up her hair but she quickly swatted his hand away from her.

“Well, let’s go get this over with. And before you say anything. I’m the one driving.” He ignored her pouty look as he grabbed the keys for his truck on the key hook and opened the front door.

Amaya Jackson

Amaya scoffed but did as told. She was in no way appeased by the answers she’d gotten. “Don’t worry, I won’t go around swinging at anyone...first.” She promised. Amaya knew that starting anything could get her family in trouble. For one whoever had put their hands on Flynn would use it as a way to go after him once again. Having a sister defend you wasn’t something to be proud of apparently. Her mother would be embarrassed if she managed to get into a fight, and appearances were so very important to her. Amaya couldn’t help but feel bitter regarding that. And lastly, not to mention it would give the town a reason to talk about her and how she didn’t fit into the family. Though Amaya didn’t really care about that bit.

“Mama, I’m taking my own car. I’ll trail behind you.” Amaya said as she grabbed the pie. She was sure that her mama would want to leave earlier than she would want to. She wanted to hang out around town before turning in and it would be well into the night before she got back. Some of her friends and herself were gonna hit the town, they wanted to spend as much time having fun before going back to class.

Mentions:
Interactions:: Flynn eggsaladsandwitch eggsaladsandwitch , Lisa Lizy Lizy Jemima A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba
Outfit:
x
apolla apolla
apolla apolla

Last edited:
CORENTIN ZABIELSKI
location ∙ family house ∙ mentions ∙ @// ∙ interactions ∙ Lizy Lizy
Shaking his head, he looks to his sister. “Nah it’s cool. I’m just gonna drive myself there.” He pauses for a second as he jangles the keys in his hand. “Plus it means less drinking. Less embarrassing myself in front of y’all’s new neighbours.”

He matches his sisters smile. Eternally grateful for the effort she constantly seemed to extend, and although they’d never exactly been close, and it wasn’t often he’d checked in with her after he left. But he’d constantly stayed proud of her, at times even admiring her. Often sending a card filled with dry but well meaning words every birthday or occassion, knowing that she didn’t need it but packing in the $10 he could afford. But that hadn’t made coming back any easier.

If he was being honest, drinking at a cookout wasn’t his reason for driving, or at least his only reason. He was nervous to spend time with them all. They’d changed so much since he’d last saw them, guilt seemingly filling his head each time he learned something knew or watched them share a private joke. Since coming back he’d avoided spending a great deal of time with his siblings, and every moment he did just felt awkward and forced. Left him longing for the comfort of his apartment. Wishing either to simply disappear or for the ability to go back and make the effort.

As he shifts towards the door, he gives his jean pockets a quick slap down, checking off what he thinks he needs before having a small thought. “Hey, just a thought though. Are we supposed to be taking food or gifts? I’m not really sure what the uh southern etiquette is.”

template by astraea ∙ beware hidden scrolling

Flynn Jackson

Well, now he owed Jem... something, at least, for covering for him. Glad his family was appeased, he nodded, turning on his heel and walking down the hall to his mother's room, yoinking her sunglasses off her dresser. He put them on, glancing up at the mirror on her dresser, and frowned a bit at the feminine cut of the glasses, but it would have to do, he thought with a shrug. The glasses were pushed up onto his forehead, sweeping his curls backwards as he left the room and returned to the kitchen.

He could tell the mood was weird, and he cursed a bit to himself--it was definintely his fault everyone was even more on edge than normal. When they were about to set out, Flynn quickly blurted out, "I'll ride with 'maya." His older sister's scrutiny would be nowhere near as terrifying as his mother's, that was for sure. He swiped the pie from his sister's hands and then winked at her before walking off to the car.

erzulie erzulie Lizy Lizy A ameuSHhen1Tn2ba
code by social

Users who are viewing this thread

Back