• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Bad boy x Top of the Class

VoidWitch

Oh you know how it is
Name: Gavin Micheal Rice
Looks:
GavinRice.png
Extra Information:
Gavin was valedictorian of their class and came from a family of businessman and lawyers, so he always had a high bar to live up to. Mixed in with his own toxic family problems, he was bound to have a mental health crisis at some point. He's an artist at heart and his dream job would be a video game designer, however by profession he is a Lawyer.

Name: Aiden James Ryder (some call him Aj)
appearance:
20200831_134512.jpg
Extra info: Aiden was raised in what you would call a dysfunctional household. His father was a businessman and often travelled 'for work', and as for his mother she was rarely seen without a glass of wine. AJ never cared much for school or education, he had a guitar and friends, he didnt need anything else. He likes to live carefree, have fun and live only for himself.

The bar was bustling with noise, it was often busy on nights that his band was playing. His voice would be sore come tomorrow morning but he didnt care in that moment, he was enjoying himself. Aiden loved his life, he got to do what he loved every night and wasnt tied down to anyone.

Aiden jumped down from the small stage area once they had finished their set. He made his way towards the bar, grabbing a beer and leaning his back agaisnt it to look over the people in the crowd. His gaze settled on a cute guy sitting by the bar alone. A smirk made it's way onto his lips as he made his way over next to them. "What's a cute boy like yourself doing drinking alone?" He asked as he leaned against the bar casually.

Gavin wasn’t sure what the name of the bar was. He was just trying to dodge people from school. The first couple bars were filled with people he knew, and he had to dip real quick. He sat down at the bar, ordering a Jack and Coke and sipping on it, keeping to himself. He didn’t recognize most of the people here, and while the live music didn’t help his headache, it was tolerable.
Gavin glanced up at the man when he heard a voice, and boy, he didn’t look good. He looked like he hadn’t slept in a month, and there was a sort of everpresent stressed look in his eye. “Currently trying to avoid classmates and clients.” Gavin responded casually, leaning back as if it to give Aiden a choice to sit down. “You were the one with the band?” He asked, after a moment of looking at him. He looked so fucking familiar, Gavin couldn’t place it.

Aiden chuckled quietly and took a long sip of his drink. "Yeah, I made the band back in high school. We seem to be doing alright." He noticed the other male had moved in an invitation for him to sit down, and after a moment of though Aiden decided to sit down. The brunette rested his elbow on the counter top as he surveyed the boys face.

It was evident just by looking at the others face that he must have a stressful life, like he was constantly busy. He tilted his head then hummed softly. "You look like you need some fun tonight, let me help you with that." Aiden really couldnt understand how someone could live a life so draining, especially when he looked to be around the same age as himself.

Gavin nodded at his answer, finishing his drink and nodding to the bartender for another one. “That’s pretty cool, most high school bands don’t make past graduation.” Gavin said with a soft hum. That was legitamently something cool to him, it had perceived freedom that Gavin didn’t have in his own life.

“Only as long as the fun still allows me to get drunk out of my mind.” Gavin said with a soft laugh, thanking the bartender and looking up at Aiden. “What’s your name, by the way? I’m Gavin rice.” Gavin said before taking a sip.

Aiden grinned widely, the thing he was most proud of in his life was his band and it was always great to receive even the smallest amount of praise. Compliments and praise didn't come often in his life, unless it was to do with his appearance or his music. "Thats because most high school bands don't have someone as talented as me and I worked my ass off to make it work."

The name made him halt for a second, it was so damn familiar but where had he heard it. He cleared his throat and took a long sip of his drink, effectively finishing it. "The names Aiden Ryder, and I'm gonna teach you how to let loose." He got a bootle of beer for them both and nodded towards the door. "Want to get out of here? My place is empty".

“Hey, whatever you got to do to get it to work.” Gavin said with a nod. He understood the man was proud of his work, and Gavin thought it was a harder occupation that most people would give him credit for.

Gavin raised an eyebrow at the name, but he wasn’t sure if it was someone from school he remembered or just someone like it, so he let it drop. No need to worry about that now. “Dont you need to tell your band or something? I’m down, but I don’t want you just ditching people for me.” He said with a chuckle

Aiden chuckled and stood up, making eyecontact with one of his band members then nodding towards the door. "We're done for tonight, they know I leave early sometimes. They usually stay and drink."

He leaned in down towards the other boy, he did look awfully familiar. Maybe he was a past hookup? Probably not, the other seemed the type to remember something like that. "So, what you say? Come with me and have a night of fun without regrets "

Gavin nodded at his answer, chuckling. "Doing the same drink and hookup thing you are?" He teased lightly, but moved to finish off his drink for the night and standing up. He patted his pockets to make sure he had his phone and wallet, before grinning tiredly over at Aiden. "I'll come with you, but I'll get back to you on that whole regrets thing." He said with a chuckle, following him out of the bar.

"Did you go to Kepler High by chance?" He asked as he followed Aiden - still trying to figure out where he knew Aiden from before.

Aiden laughed softly at that, there was no denying that he had more than occasionally done exactly that. By this point his band mates didn't even question if he were to disappear after they had finished their set. "Maybe I am, It seems to be working though doesn't it?" He lead them outside the bar, into the chilly night air.

The boy looked over his shoulder at Gavin and raised his eyebrow. "Well, if you count ditching class to smoke under the bleachers to smoke as attending." School had never appealed to him, why should he sit and learn about shit he didn't need to know. He'd much rather live is life than have his face shoved in a book. "I did go to some classes, though I haven't thought about it since I left." He paused walking for a moment and glanced at the attractive male to his side. "Why? Did you go too?"

Gavin chuckled. "Yeah, I guess so." He hummed, pulling his sleeves down as they walked outside, just not wanting to feel the cold against his bare arms. He was definitely more than a little drunk, he could tell from the way his eyes unfocused. That was perfectly fine with him, of course. This was what he set out to do.

Gavin shrugged. "Well, I guess that's technically attending in way/" He said with a shrug. "Yeah, I went too. I was the one who had to give the shitty valedictorian speech at graduation, if you remember that." He said, running a hand through his hair. He wasn't bragging, it was obvious in the sound of his voice that he was expecting some sort of backlash from bringing it up. "I was just wondering since you looked pretty familiar."

Aiden eyes widen and he could feel the grin spreading across his face at that. "No freakin way!" He yelled, overjoyed like he'd just been gifted a new shiny guitar. "You were that kid who always seemed to have a sick up his ass, damn I did consider trying to hit on you a few times but.." The boy trailed off and ran a hand through his hair, which was being blown around by the wind. "You didn't quite seem the type that would relent to any of my attempts."

His eyes trailed over the other boy, trying to remember any resemblance from when they were in high school. Gavin seemed to look as exhausted as he had back then, but he didn't appear to be as stuck up as before. Thankfully, they were close to his apartment building, the night only continued to grow colder and he was hoping he would be helping Gavin heat up sooner rather than later.

Gavin cringed when Aiden looked so excited at the revelation. "Not really a stick up my ass, just really anxious." he said with a soft shrug, rubbing his arms. "And I wasn't allowed to date in high school, so yeah, nothing would have happened." Gavin explained with a shrug. It wasn't like he was going to spill the guts of his life problems to this one night stand.

Gavin looked pretty similar from high school, except he looked much more worn down. Like instead of being all wound up from anxiety, he was carrying it all on his back. "Finally - it's fucking cold out here." Gavin mumbled as Aiden walked up to the apartment. "I'm always cold though - so maybe its just me."

Aiden couldn't help but laugh as he closed the door behind himself. "I didn't say anything about dating." He threw a wink over his shoulder at the other man and lead the way to his living room. "Take a seat and I'll grab you a drink." It didn't take much for him to recognise the tension in Gavins body, although he had probably been drinking it didn't look like enough to relax him yet.

Once he had grabbed two beers, he made his way back into the room and collapsed against the couch. "Now tell me, what do you want from me?" After handing the other a drink, he made sure to turn to face him. Aiden hadn't wanted to assume what Gavin had wanted from him, over the years he realised that some guys expected different things from him beforehand but the night usually ended the same, with an empty bed and his quiet apartment.

The next morning it took a minute for Gavin to orientate himself in the bed next to a man he barely knew. It was fuzzy after he left the bar last night, but he figured it was a good time considering he was only wearing his boxers under the blanket, he rolled over carefully, picking up his phone before checking the time and standing up.

Standing up, he could feel the hangover forming - that sucked. He moved to the bathroom, relieving himself before looking in the mirror at himself. Is this what his life had become? Just fucking whoever offered on the weekends before going back to his hell of a job? He didn’t know how much longer he could do this - he looked and felt like he hadn’t slept. With a sigh, he moved back to the bedroom, sitting back down on the bed while he checked a couple emails.

Morning light streamed through the window, effectively stirring Aiden from his blissful sleep. He rolled over and stretched, relishing in the quiet emptiness of his room, at least until he opened his eyes and realised he wasn't alone. Memories from last night returned to him and he couldn't help but look over the other male. People didn't usually stay this long but it seemed like Gavin had no intention of leaving anytime soon.

As he sat himself against the headboard, he barely managed to contain his groan caused by the slowly forming headache. "Morning, how're you feeling? You drank way more than me and I can already feel the hangover"

Gavin, really was still waking up with the pounding headache, he was no where near close enough to leaving. “I thought I was gonna get away with a mild headache but it’s hitting me like a truck.” He said with a soft laugh, turning to look at Aidan.

“Do you have some pain killers I could take? After that I’ll get out of your hair. Sorry, I just woke up.” Gavin figured he was annoying Aiden in some way, and it was easier to offer an apology to begin with as he slowly stood to find his clothes.

Aiden chuckled quietly, shaking his head at the other male before getting out the bed and stretching. He let his eyes roam over Gavin before clearing his dry throat. "The showers through there you can use it." He said giving a vague gesture to the door connected to his room before heading to his kitchen.

Once he got himself a bottle of water he instantly downed it, relishing in the refreshing feeling. He took some medicine of his own before grabbing a bottle of water and heading back through to his room.

Gavin smiled tiredly at his answer, nodding. “Thanks, I’ll be out in a minute.” He said. He did take pretty fast showers, afterall, and his painkillers were just starting to kick in as he dried himself off, tugging on his shirt loosely as he stepped out.

“thanks for the night.” He joked, trying to hide his anxiety that he was almost definitely annoying Aiden, leaning down to pick up his shoes. Sure, his dress shirt was definitely crumpled from being on the floor all night, but it was all he had

Aiden threw on a hoodie and some jeans, not really caring much about his outfit at the moment. He leant against the wall as he watched the other man. "You know, I'm at that club often." It was a subtle invitation for Gavin, he didnt often ask people to meet again but this was different.

The dark haired man tried not to show too much on his face, keeping a simple half smile that was almost a smirk. "Maybe you can find some new ways to loosen up."

Gavin shrugged at the question. "New ways to loosen up?" He asked, rolling his eyes lightly. "Like I have time to go to the club often," He said with a sigh, shaking his head. "Too much work lawyering and trying to get some sleep." He said with a smile.

"Maybe I'll be around next weekend, though, if you will be?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "Maybe next time we can go back to my place instead."

Aiden laughed softly, shaking his head. "There's always new ways." He grinned mischievously as he sat down on the edge of his bed, still not fully awake. "I think you've just proved how much you need to have fun."

He thought for a moment before nodding his head. "Yeah, that's my usual place even when I'm not preforming there." Aiden hummed softly, he was quite curious about where the other man lived. He probably had a room covered in books or something. "That sounds like a plan."

The next week Gavin was back at the bar, looking more exhausted if that was somehow possible, he ordered the same thing as last week, before turning to face the crowd and the stage to see if he could Spot Aiden. Of course, Aiden could have always ditched on him, but with his anxiety making his body so tense he’d shake if he wasn’t careful, he was looking for some sort of distraction. Any sort of distractions

Aiden week was a blur, he spent his days sleeping and his nights playing in any club that would take them. Tonight he was back at his usual bar, smiling at the loud music playing through the speakers. The young man wasted no time and within twenty minutes he was feeling relaxed as he danced surrounded by random strangers. He made his way to the bar, scanning the crowd for a familiar place. Before long he spotted the other man sitting, looking somehow more tense than last time. "Hello again stranger, Hope you didn't mis me too much." Aiden said as he slid on to the stool besides him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back