Azae - A World At War - Chapter 1A: Blood On My Hands, Dirt On My Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercenary Company of the Black Snake

Leyra, Ainu 'Wolf', Damos and Taio

Kildran Nervos Estate, Morning->Midday

They had been on the road for weeks now going from Hold to Hold, Estate to Estate, looking for Lords or rich merchants with the money to hire them for whatever they needed. Today would probably be no different but Leyra promised herself every morning that fate would come knocking sooner or later. She gave Damos a tired look as he secured her cuffs, she didn't get any proper sleep last night because of another vision. She could still remember it so vividly. 'Thunder storms, falling sphere, claws and teeth, screams, fire and the stench of death.' She looked at Wolf with an apologetic smile, he had a fresh scratch mark or two in his face because he tried to calm her down.

"Morning Yela." She said to Damos' pet goat as she petted her, why he kept a goat as a pet was still beyond her but it was nice to have something else to pet than horses. One of the men gave her a piece of bread before helping her onto Lada's back and making sure she was firmly in the saddle. "Wolf, haven't died yet?" She asked Wolf in a joking tone and only got a beastly grunt as reply. Around her the company finished packing up the camp and loading the tents onto the carts. "With luck we're at the next Estate before dusk, think you can manage on just that piece of bread till then?" Damos asked as he rode his own horse alongside Leyra's. "Are we out of food then?" She asked with slight concern in her voice. "Yes, but if I recall correctly there is a bakery along our route where we will stack up whatever we can stack." Damos replied calmly as the rest of the company had mounted on either horseback or on the back of the carts. It didn't take long for the company to start moving and since Leyra's horse was being led by Damos she decided to take a nap until the next stop.

----------

"Ainu, we still haven't talked about last week..." Taio said to Wolf. "Please tell me what happened, pretty please?" She begged him with big eyes. "Fuck sake Taio, will you quit bugging me about it?" Wolf reacted quite irritated. 'What was wrong with him today?' Taio thought to herself as she felt hurt deep inside, she likes Ainu but he's very arbitrary in his moods and it makes conversation... Difficult. "I'm sorry..." She mumbled knowing that he doesn't care whether somebody was sorry or not. "But what happened with me?" She asked carefully. Wolf didn't reply at all and the silence was terrifying as the moved through the landscape on horseback. It seemed like an eternity until he finally did decide to say something. "Okay, fuck it." He said frustrated and rubbed his eyes with one hand. "You got yourself so fucking drunk that it was impossible to have a conversation with you and then you started rubbing yourself all over me like some horny female cat. I knocked you out and dumped you in your own bed before you would literally fuck up." He said with a tone that a father uses to chastise an unruly child. "I did... What?!" Taio yelled in surprise and tried to disappear into her horse when some of the men in front of them looked behind them with frowns on their faces. "Do you make the same amount of noise when you see a deer?" Wolf asked her with a tone that didn't really make it clear to her whether it was a serious question or not. "Fuck you Ainu, you ass." She said to him as she playfully punched his shoulder. He poked her back with one of his fingers before saying. "No thanks." There was only silence afterwards and Taio was left with her thoughts. 'I just wish he would see me like I see him...' A hopeless thought and she sighed it off as they rode on.

----------

Hours had passed and the height of the sun indicated noon was coming close. Damos drank from his flask and spotted the bakery ahead. He beckoned his lieutenants to him. "Corwin, you take charge of the carts and let them stop near the bakery. Lutwin, you will take your men up the road and take a break there and watch for trouble. Kardran, same for you but you and your men will remain here and wait for the signal to move again. Nids, you will take the rest of the men and take them a bit off the road and onto that field of grass and rest as well, send out hunters and gatherers to supplement our food stockpile." He said to his lieutenants who in response nodded, rode off to their troops and executed their orders. "Wolf and Leyra, you guys will be coming with me and Taio, you just follow Nids and see if you can hunt some food okay?" He said to his close friends. "Fine, don't let the baker turn you into a pie." Taio said sarcastically as she wandered off.

Damos, Wolf and Leyra dismounted at the bakery and saw that a few guests with horses were already there. Leyra pointed at the horse with a saddle for two. "Guess some noble is out here with his secret lover?" She asked in a mocking tone. "Wouldn't surprise me." Damos replied as he opened the door to the bakery. There was a T'Odis in the way and if there was something Damos didn't like it were big fellows standing in the way. "Scoot over big guy." He said as he shoved the man aside, not really hard, but hard enough to shove a T'Odis out of his way. He ignored the other patrons and went straight for the baker. "Wander, it has been a long time but I was hoping that you have a surplus of bread right now, I might be running a tad low on my food supplies." He said to the baker in a friendly manner, he's been here before a few times and the man just really knew how to make good pastries.

----------

Ainu followed after Damos when he opened the door and grinned when he shoved aside a T'Odis. 'Hang on... T'Odis out here?!' He thought to himself and that's when saw the other T'Odis, a young girl who could at best be 17 years and was darn pretty, but also quite out of place out here. He moved a step closer and wanted to take another step but felt something tug his chest piece. "Don't. Scare. Her." Leyra whispered in his ear as she stopped next to him and scratched her nose with her cuffed hands. Ainu shook his head and looked at the T'Odis girl again. "Vhupar uv Pymgar, pleg iuo bu lara uun mug ym T'Odis?" ("Flower of Winter, what you do here and not in T'Odis?") He asked with a concerned tone in slightly broken T'Odis but with a warm tone to it.

@Zuka@Savagai@Deathchart

Last edited by a moderator:
Solana, after her little moment of sheer and utter humiliation and quite a sickening experience altogether, shuffled up and away from the upturned contents that used to be apart of the family that was her stomach. It had made her feel somewhat better, this was all nullified whenever one of the most awe-inspiring yet epstrangely terrifying men she had ever seen walked up to her, she averted her pretty, sky-blue eyes away from him, knowing that he might mistake it for her meaning disrespect . She could barely hear what he was saying over the ringing in her ears, but she knew that they were definitely meant with cruel intent. He didn't seem like much of a humorous fellow. "I-I.. I just fell M-Mi'lord... I apologise most graciously for interrupting you." the blond-haired lady gasped as she grabbed her helmet. She hoped that he wouldn't force her into servitude for some reason or another, she had heard that those from other countries are dangerous, which is one of the reasons she had been house-bound for the majority of her life. 

She scrambled onto her metal-clad feet before hearing some murmurs spreading through the crowds. "Isn't that Solana...? I thought she went missing from her home this morning..." "Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...".

[COLOR= rgb(255, 215, 0)]"Farewell mi'lord, I wish you the best of luck on your battle" [/COLOR]Solana mumbled with a terrified and obviously worried grin before she sprinted off. "Stop her!" a guard yelled out a moment before she left the arena, already shoving the iron helmet onto her head. 

Solana wasn't exactly the fast runner, even when she was wearing light and tight clothing, which usually brought about some cheers from the local men, despite her being a noble, so she most certainly wasn't moving very quickly in a heavy suit of armour. She also wasn't in the best condition either, she still felt rather sick from the contrast of sweet and spicy food smells and the taste of uncooked fish and meat lying on her tongue. Even just the clamminess of the air around her from all the sweating, greedy merchants that had flocked to the town like sheep was making her feel even more weighted. The guards couldn't find her among the crowds so she swiftly lost them, but she kept running anyway until she was completely tired out.

Her body was now drenched in sweat, and she wished she could simply ask her maid to prepare a nice, hot bath for her, but she knew that would require her to return to her home not too far away, and she was having a bit of a rebellion against her father. He had simply refused her to leave the estate so she was essentially forbidden from entering her cousins' town in case she fell into some random love with a "petty money-grabber" as her father was so keen on saying. But what could be more noble than a quest for love..? So she had vowed in her own mind to at least watch the arena fights considering she had never even entered the place before, and she doubted she would find the love of her life in such a place as this, but she couldn't help but dream of what possible romantic situations she could find herself in.

He might save her from the guards... Fend them off, against the odds and steal her heart with his sheer strength... 

He could wrap his beautiful voice around her with a silky, silver tongue, capable of taking any woman's heart but choosing her...

He could possibly even get to her warm heart through her stomach by handing her only the most delectable of delicacies...

She could see it in her mind now... And so, she daydreamed once more, walking around and around in circles until she finally caught herself once more. She had been walking away from the arena the entire time, despite her objective being there. Solana let out a groan and, once more, delved into the chasms of people, food, ales, trinkets and money. Lots, and lots of money.

Upon returning to the arena she soon realised her stupidity considering she had been running from every guard she had seen upon entering the town. "Why run everytime you see a guard when you can hide? And aren't you already tired? Why not just go find a nice place to sleep until tomorrow? there's going to be more matches anyway." She thought to herself and began cautiously trekking her way back to the arena and found a nice, comfy, small room around the outskirts of the large arena. She was much too tired to even be annoyed from the lack of a bed, so she simply lay down in her heavy suit of armour, helmet on, and slowly drifted off to sleep... She Knew she was going to have to run again once she woke up, so why not take a rest?

@CupAndCough @King Ad Rock

| Aloysius Amon-Apophis|

|"You don't fear a man for his ability to kill you, but his intense abnormal desire to do so"|          

|| Leader of Empty Ouroboros | Sole Master of The Wyrm's Intent | War-Poet of Anahit || 

/monthly_2016_09/57cbe8bb69efe_AloysiusKybros.thumb.jpg.b2510098de883303a8f55592e09b584d.jpg

|| Location: Iorn, Kildra. Fisticuffs Tournament Grounds ||

/monthly_2016_09/0cfa6424d76aff86d3bda3803278355a.jpg.49a713f0673f15ea1b57b3f3862a6b91.jpg​

|| [|"A Snake That Speaks? Beware For That One Pours Venom Not In the Blood, But The Soul." ||| 

Aloysius watched as the flustered knight make way for him. It was a rather embarrassing sight to watch, but in all regards Aloysius let out a small scoff. The use of 'milord' more amused him than annoyed him. A surprising turn of events for him as he remembered times where he outright despised being associated with the kings of men. 

Little affected him in the way of truly rousing his ire (one such thing is insulting his faith in Anahit), and being associated with lords was no different--however it did, in fact, have some effect on him. Lords and Kings were disgusting interpretation of stagnancy to which he hated. For all Kings and Queens wish to extend their rule and offer no change. Such abhorrent fixation on consistency annoyed him greatly, as such he found it oddly strange that he would be considered with much respect as milord. He slyly smirked, watching Solana leave. 

"May Anahit Bless You with Her with many challenges, young Daft Knave" Aloysius said his farewells to the young knight as she scuttled away from the match area proper. "Perhaps we'll meet again--hopefully I'll be at the other end of your blade..." He prayed and whispered--wishing that the knight he so easily bullied was enough to give him a struggle in a fight if they ever met again. As always the desire for battle and war was strong within this strange war-priest. 

"And now let's welcome his challenger! Hailing from a strange colony in the land of Pars is a clergy of monks who trains in martial arts! One such person is here with us today: Guan Ming of The Empty Palm!"   The fight coordinator exclaimed with bombastic and theatrical measure. "We have two fighters skilled in the art of hand to hand combat--but who will be the victor in this grudge match? The Mysterious Wyrm? Or The Monk hailing from the Exotic Land Across the Sea? "

With the announcement the bars across from Aloysius rose and walked in a barrel-chested man of impressive stature and build. Dressed rather modestly and without much as a peace of jewelry, save for a single bead that hung from his neck that nestled itself in the collarbone of his chest. The modest way of dressing was nothing more than a mere cloth pants and cloth shirt that was worn from his waist to show his bare chest.  Bald, perhaps intentionally so as some monks traditionally do so, was the style of his hair (or lack thereof)--however from his face plumed a regal and pure white beard. Giving the fighter an aged appearance that his body and physique did not. The story his facial hair told of his age which was then reciprocated by the story the numerous scars and bandages that adorned his body that were more numerous than the cheap linens that he wore. Many battles, Many mistakes. Perhaps many forget the idea of what a mistake does. Of what a scar represents. A learning experience that teachers the owner--and by the collective amount the man has received shows that he is very learned. 

Age has not made him a weak and fragile man-- it has focused him and turned him into the most perfect version of himself. Self-attainment of one's inner perfection.  Aloysius smirked to the old man, who then smile back. As if to communicate the concept of amusement. Perhaps the older man felt the same--battle ready and wanting a challenge. Or maybe he was surprised by how much Aloysius desired this fight. As if a rabid animal, starve of food, entered the ring.  Aloysius tossed off his armor, slamming onto the ground creating a plume of dust that rose behind him. The armor's loss revealed Aloysius's own assorted scars. Perhaps out of kinship he did this, but who's to say? 

"Your Technique. Tell me it", Aloysius ordered Guan Ming before he began to crack his bones in his neck, rotating his head across his shoulders back and forth--occasionally rotating his arms as well. "I am the master of the Wyrm's Intent. For that reason I desire to know what your fist represents!" 

The monk laughed heartily, his booming laughter carrying farther than intended. His chest expanding with each gasp of air, to which showed the extensiveness of his training and perseverance.  The ferocity and the demanding nature of Aloysius's tone amused him greatly, for what strange master of a martial arts can become so easily enveloped by such thoughts. However as he looked towards Aloysius he caught a glimpse of something strange. His eyes narrowed and brow furrowed as he witnessed something fierce. Something within Aloysius's eye that was more truthful than the lie of friendliness amusement he displayed earlier. An intent that was disgusting and horrible. An unutterable desire to destroy and kill. To maim. To create malice. From laughter to disgust the monks posture changed. From calmness to a fighting stance he responded. 

"My Technique? The Empty Palm. As the announce has stated---Though I never heard of your technique.." He snidely commented. "Perhaps that's why I feel so disgusted with your true intentions at the moment. You plan to kill me don't you?" He queried with a slight dose of scornful piety towards the mercenary leader. 

"Wow! The astounding nature of the foreign arts! To read a man's soul just by studying him...How scary!" He mocked the monk, Aloysius was not unfamiliar with taunting his foe. It was even a technique he learned from his old days in the clergy, "Perhaps if you know that much--what good is asking then? Pointless conversation, yes? So Guan-Ming of the Empty Palm, let's move forward into the future?" A friendly nature came forth from him--it was a mocking display as he readied himself. 

'Yes, let's." Guan answered back. The two rushed toward each other. The wind rushed past them as they dashed toward each other. Guan's arm subtly motioned towards Aloysius's abdomen as he charged the blood-thristy monster of a man. An open palm. As the two came closer together, Gaun's palm dashed up and forward at immense speed and force. A slight gust of air kicked up as the arm reached the extend of it's length, but met no target. Aloysius had dashed well into the range of safety as he close far into Guan's person space. And with a single knee he made sure his presence was known. 

CRASH. The bone crashed upon Guan's chin like a cannon ball. With snake-striking speed, Aloysius planted his knee into Guan's chin--staggering the old man. And for a small amount of shame--he realized that this man would not kill him so easily. He had the chance and decided not to. A mistake that Guan would turn into a lesson for Aloysius. After the strike to Guan's chin, Aloysius jumped back towards a neutral position. Out of range from Guan's motions. 

The old man's blood dribbled from his mouth as he spat out a globule of mass and nerve. A small tooth. A lesson in humility from Aloysius as those show piety to him don't last long. Aloysius began to correct his posture and began to slyly clap at the event. Admiring his work. However as quick as he entered a sense of calm, a bloodlust rose. He dashed towards the Monk with greater ferocity. 

A leap into the air, followed by a rather swift kick towards the old man's chest. "From Blood We Reap!" Aloysius taunted him, reciting his mantras. The kick was met with the Monk's palm--redirecting it away from his body. The crowd roared as the parry was successful. Though, like water, Aloysius easily switched to another slam into the older man with a roundhouse kick. "Though The Cost Is Steep!". Aloysius continued is poetry. 

The old man stumbled, but regain posture as he sent an powerful strike with his hand. Slamming into the chest of the madman. The assault stopped as the palm reached his chest--until both hands of the priest of Anahit grabbed tightly to the monk's forearm. "And With Daily Toil We Sow!",  Aloysius continued as he hoisted the man over his shoulder. Slamming him onto the sandy ground. A massive THUD rose forth from  the event. The monk coughed, the wind was knock out from within him. What manner of man was this? 

Aloysius slowly began to return to the same neutral position as before. "With Great Splendor We Know!" He proudly proclaimed his verses. The monk began to rise to his feet. Unimpressed by the whole affair. Aloysius egged the man forward as he motioned with his hands to come attack him. Guan rushed towards Aloysius, his feet slamming into the fields. Charging at the man he sent a rapid succession of flips and pinwheel kicks, Forcing Aloysius to remain on the defensive. Constantly redirecting the swift strikes aside him--exerting little effort in the way of defense. Some of the hits found their mark, slamming into his forearms and biceps. 

Aloysius was enthralled at the fighting style, swift, open handed, and overwhelming slashing motions. Nothing like he had ever seen before. At least from human hands. "Through Strife, Conflict and War Beyond Replete!" Announcing his counterattack. As the Monk attempt move faster in his strikes, but as if a snake-like quality overtook Aloysius, the man slithered between the strikes. The crowd was in a roar. Another slam of his knee, this time in the Monk's gut--however that was not enough the the man. As Guan spat blood and bile across the arena, Aloysius sent a cruel claw into the chest of Guan. Planting pronged fingers into the sternum of the Parshumian monk he gripped and tethered to himself to the brutalized monk. The monk groan and roared in agony as the fingers pierce his skin, as the hand and arm began to slowly and methodically twist. 

"Bless Me With Endless Battle, In Rapturous Combat, Bless Me!  My Fair Lady Anahit!" The words of his mantra and pray had rose to a swelling point as he threw the monk away from him. Knowing that the full fight was far-from over.

The Monk held his chest--five deep pits. All draining a deep red. Guan sneered as he realized that he was truly fighting for his life. "You are too.." Parshumian man began to pant "Sanctimonious for a young whelp! A religion of war--such barbarism and callous disrespect for human lives" He chided the man. Aloysius turned, annoyed at the monk's disgusted with his scripture and limerick. The two met eyes, and for a moment the killing intent lied in both of them.  The battle was far from over. 

||Theme:  [| Abandoned By God |] | Voice: Micheal McConnochie | Quote:     ||

Attachments

• 0cfa6424d76aff86d3bda3803278355a.jpg
    0cfa6424d76aff86d3bda3803278355a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
Collaboration with @Edin

[SIZE=12pt]The early Tournament in the town of Iorn meant a large influx of people into the town, merchants, peasants, nobles, they all descended upon the town in great swarms of humanity. Of course, this meant that the taverns would be crowded with people in search of food or drink. The Badger’s Tail a rather upscale tavern known for their fish dishes was no exception. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Dozens of men and women were present celebrating the festival, eating and drinking in abundance. Yet there was one man, who did not partake in the cheer. A young man in his twenties sat alone in the far left corner table, slowly sipping a cup of beer. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sitting in a rowdy tavern in Iorn, getting drunk on beer while wallowing in self-pity was not what Vincent Florian expected to be doing two years after the War of Royalty ended. Once he was the third son of one of the most prominent families of the Kildra, but that was before his father Alexander doomed his family to a future of mediocrity by being too shortsighted to submit to the false Queen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sure Vincent was able to make a respectable amount of coin by placing a rather risky bet on himself, in the grand melee where he managed to down twelve opponents before being struck down himself by a blow from behind. But what did a little wealth, in comparison to what he had before?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Heh, to think I fought in the Battle of the Boar’s Den for this?”[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Vincent mumbles in a drunken stupor.[/SIZE]

As per his custom, Garrus walked into the nearest [SIZE=12pt]umbrous[/SIZE] tavern before heading to the arena antechamber to search for what could be an answer he was not ready to hear. Sitting down at the bar, he noticed the dark room was full of shady characters of the mercenary breed. Looking somewhat out of place was a younger man, nicely dressed and sufficiently inebriated, slouched on his stool twelve feet to his left. Ordering a strong drink in a small glass, Garrus proceeded to scan the room and partake in his favorite innocent pastime: people watching. He did not have long to waste time, however, when he heard a voice from the end of the bar table.

“To think I fought in the battle of Bore’s Den for this?”

Garrus turned his head toward the source of the voice and found himself looking at the young man in the fine clothing. Not one to let an opportunity at drunken revelation pass, Garrus made his way to the end of the counter.

“Excuse me, young sir. I couldn’t help but overhear your remark about fighting at Bore’s Den. I, myself was there.” he lied. “Terrible times, they were.” He put his glass to his lips, hoping for a response.

[SIZE=12pt]Looking around Vincent spots a young man dressed in clothing fitting that of a noble. Normally Vincent would have stopped talking for fear of attracting the attention of servants of the Queen, but the alcohol loosened his tongue and the words continued to spill out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Terrible Times? It was a massacre, that damn whore’s mercenaries overwhelmed us before we could mount a defense.” Vincent replies to the man. “And that’s before Unger…” Vincent cut himself off realizing he had said too much to a stranger without even understanding their intentions. Slowly reaching his hand towards his dagger, in anticipation of violence. [/SIZE]

Garrus only laughed and took another swallow from his glass. “Whore. You got that right, my friend. I take it you were a blade drawn against her?”

[SIZE=12pt]"Yes, I stood with Unger. I take it you did as well?" Vincent asked.[/SIZE]

Garrus hesitated, not sure how much he wanted to reveal about himself. This man may be drunk, but he had been surprised once or twice in his life by a man who could play both sides of the coin under the influence of much alcohol. Still, he often felt bad about pressing others into giving him information without sharing a little of his own. Call it a trickster’s honor, but it was true.

“Aye, I did. It’s a shame he was lost. He was a good man.” Garrus watched the man’s face carefully for a sign of conflicting knowledge. His glass was nearly empty.

[SIZE=12pt]"Yeah, a terrible shame, we might have succeeded if he did not flee during the battle." Vincent agreed, now that his head was starting to clear up his responses became much more guarded.[/SIZE]

Garrus looked sideways at his new companion, weighing the truth of what he just said. “Most people take him for dead. Do you mean to tell me that is not the case?”

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]"It's possible he's dead, but the rumors on the battlefield was that he fled. If I could escape with my life intact, then it's possible he could have as well." Vincent replied, having gotten a feeling that the young man he was talking to was not a subject of the false Queen. If he was, a fight surely would have broken out by now.[/SIZE]

Garrus had always felt that Unger hadn’t had his life taken at Bore’s Den. It never felt...right. If this man spoke the truth, Garrus’ efforts these past years had not been in vain. He didn’t appear to have any further information on the prince’s whereabouts after the battle, however. That was something Garrus would have to figure out on his own. He still had a lead somewhere under the arena. That was his next destination. He turned to his companion once more, a more genuine smile on his face than before. Raising his glass with the last of its contents, he offered a toast.

“To the true king.”

[SIZE=12pt]"To the true king[/SIZE]" Vincent replies before downing his glass. "Not that it would do me any good" he mumbles bitterly.

Garrus finished his glass as well, turning it upside down before placing it on the counter with a few coins beside it. He stood, patting his companion on the back. "Your allegiance is true, and that is good enough. You have been most helpful, friend. I hope to cross paths with you again."

[SIZE=12pt]"Same, I wish you luck on your travels" Vincent replies, his head had mostly cleared at this point, and was repeating the conversation they had in his head looking for any indication that the young man leaving was a servant of the Queen.[/SIZE]

“Likewise. Garrus replied, heading toward the door of the tavern. It was true; he would be traveling. Only at this point, he knew not where.

[SIZE=12pt]Hmm, that was an interesting chat thought Vincent, before he decided to rent a room at the tavern and turn in for the night. His mind was too muddled to think that night.  [/SIZE]

Garrus Corsolus

Iorn - Tournament Arena (Antechamber)

Month 6, Day 15

10:00 am

The antechamber for the tournament contestants was a place of sweat, ferocious anticipation, and poor light. Located on the south side of the arena, those waiting their turn could see through high windows those fighting on the dusty arena ground, could almost smell the blood and dirt. Garrus wrinkled his nose a bit as he entered. Archery wasn’t usually like this. It took him a moment to scan the faces of the men and women who lined the walls, some stretching their legs, some shouting taunts and others merely sitting, watching. A quarter of the antechamber was outfitted as a sparring ring, a simple chalk-drawn circle meant for practice and warm-ups. Two men stood in the center in silence, one throwing punches while the other blocked and dodged and took a few hits. That’s when he saw him.

A Kildran man of average height, dressed simply but elegantly, stood against the wall next to the sparring ring. His back was straight with his shoulders high and legs casual, but his head was bent low, his fingers drumming impatiently and even nervously. Every few seconds he checked his surroundings as if someone might come out of the framework any moment to challenge him. This man was a man of rank, or worked for someone who was. He also looked unquestionably as if he had something to hide. He was exactly what Garrus was looking for.

“Care for a little pre-game spat, my friend?” Garrus asked, sauntering over to the man against the wall. “I need to stretch these limbs and want to do them justice.”

The man stared at him, momentarily glancing around at the rest of the people in the room as if one of them had dared him to approach. Good, he was uneasy.

“And what makes you think I am up to the challenge?” the man replied, a bit gruff. His face seemed held together by deep scars and drink, as if he had a past he was not proud of. If Garrus had found the right man, he already knew that to be true.

“Do you think yourself too much of a challenge for me, friend? Or is it the other way around?”

The man scowled even more than he was before, and lifted his head so that he was looking down on Garrus. “If you insist, boy. We’ll see who is a challenge for who.” Good, he was also proud.

The two stepped into the circle on the ground, the previous occupiers making their forced exit. Garrus set his bow and arrows down on a low wooden bench along the wall, also removing his gloves. His opponent waited with patience. As soon as Garrus was within reach, however, the man wasted no time. He threw a quick jab to Garrus’ jaw, hoping to end the fight with one swing. Garrus had years of practice dodging, however, and turned his head away at the last moment. His opponent did not let up, and continued to rain down on Garrus a series of hard, calculated punches, each of which he managed to avoid, but not without being skillfully guided to the edge of the ring. Garrus would have to step up his game.

Beginning to block the man’s blows in an effort to get his hands in the fight, Garrus looked for an opening and was able to grab his opponent’s fist, catching the man off guard.

“You fight like a soldier, comrade.”

“I should hope so. I’ve spent almost a decade as one.” He began his repeated jabbing again, this time with varying degrees of speed and location. Garrus asked another question in between his strikes.

“Who did you fight for, good man? I wish to know who trained such an exquisite warrior.”

“I fight for my lord, boy, who sides with the queen. Always have, always will. Now are you going to talk like some gossiping woman all day or are you going to fight me?” He brought his leg up for a lower abdominal kick. Garrus took the man’s advice, striking the side of the now-heightened kneecap hard with his elbow. The man was brought down to one knee, though he took this chance to lunge at Garrus’ midsection, hurling him to the ground with a dull THUD. Garrus responded by lifting his lower body into the air, wrapping his legs tightly around the man’s neck. Swinging himself up and around, he pinned the man to the ground, his face pressed into the dirt.

“I didn’t come here to fight, I came here to learn. You fight for Queen Suzane, you say, and for many years no less, so you must have been in her ranks at Bore’s Den. Am I correct?”

The man lifted and hurled his body backward, slamming Garrus into the ground behind him. The wind was knocked out of him, and he released his hold on the man’s neck.

“Of course I was at Bore’s Den, fool. I lost many a comrade in that battle.” He lifted himself to his feet but was brought back down by a sweeping kick from a recovered Garrus, who fiercely pulled the man’s hands behind him, twisting them up into the middle of his back.

“Yet you survived.” Garrus hissed into his ear, his face once again in the dirt. “You watch your back as if there is a target on it, but what have you to fear?”

The soldier struggled but Garrus forced his arms up higher, twisting them, pulling his joints in the wrong direction.

“”Tell me,” Garrus continued, his voice low and labored. “A friend of mine was also on that battlefield, though I hear he walked away from it. Perhaps you saw him......one Prince Unger Kildran, otherwise known as the true king of Kildra?”

The soldier stopped struggling. His breath could be heard in heavy sheets, like rain upon stone, blood upon water. After a silent moment, his muscles tensed again and Garrus didn’t have enough time to move before the soldier’s head snapped back, slamming into his face, disjoining his nasal bone. Garrus was knocked backward, falling among thick droplets of his own blood, a stark, viscous contrast to the chalky anemia of the ground. The soldier got to his feet, as did Garrus, though with a bit more difficulty than he would have liked. He still had information to get.

“Don’t go looking for dead men.” the soldier chided, looking nervously about the room. Some bystanders had begun to take an interest in their spat, though most were far more interested in the battle that was going on outside in the arena. “You’ll find that you will soon be by his side.”

Garrus was tired of playing games. He would need to finish this quickly. A raucous cheering escalated until it penetrated the walls around them. Someone must have claimed a dramatic victory outside. “My friend, you have already given me enough to believe that you know, as well as I do, that he is not a dead man. What did you see at Bore’s Den?”

Garrus waited for him to strike, and he did. Hard. Lunging his entire body in a startlingly fluid motion, the soldier held both fists forward, aiming for his abdomen. Garrus blocked with open hands, pushing the man to his side, from which the soldier swiftly reached around, caging him in around the shoulders and holding him down while his knee joined in a loud and sickening manner with his solar plexus. Garrus coughed involuntarily and instantly felt dizzy, but quickly grabbed his opponent’s foot, using all his strength to lift and twist so that the soldier fell, again, in a dusty heap to the ground. Garrus wasted no time and placed his foot against the man’s neck, the hyoid bone directly underneath, which felt the pressure of Garrus’ heavy boot and advantageous position. He pushed a little harder. He felt something crack. The soldier cried out in pain.

“Do you feel that, friend? Just a little more pressure and you will suffocate. Tell me what I want to know and you will leave here with nothing more than a fractured collarbone.”

The soldier spat up at him. Garrus pressed harder.

“Stop!” he wheezed. “Please, stop. I saw him leave!”

Garrus loosened his hold. “I knew it.” he said to himself. New hope in his demeanor, he continued. “Where did he go? To where did you see him leave?”

“I don’t know,” he coughed. “All I know is I saw him leave. Wounded, but still alive. Though just recently, cough, I was traveling with my lord, and I swear I saw him!”

Garrus’ eyes widened. “Where?”

The men who had been watching them earlier had not come closer. They were not the kind to interfere, those who played in fisticuffs. Still, the soldier’s voice was barely above a whisper. “Lord...Lenent. My lord is marrying his daughter to the son of Lord Lenent. We were making our pleasantries when I swear it was him I saw, in his very home!”

Garrus relinquished his hold on the soldier, purpose swelling within him like a rising tide. The soldier did not rise, only breathed and watched as Garrus strode out of the room, blood on his face that could not be overshadowed by the familiar smirk that accompanied it.

When Garrus emerged from the antechamber, he squinted at the bright sunlight that was now shining scorchingly upon Kildra. Clarissa would be happy. At the thought of Clarissa, he heard a concerned female voice call out his name. It was not Clarissa, however. She ran to him.

“Lucy, my starling. What do you think of this sunshine? Quite brilliant, I would have to admit.”

Lucia pulled out a handkerchief she had been carrying in the folds of her corseted bodice, instantly putting it up to Garrus’ face in an effort to stop the flow of blood from the bridge of his nose. Blood was on her hands, even on her dress. Where other women would have kept their distance, she was not the sort who cared for trivial matters such as stained silk. Garrus was genuinely touched.

“Garrus, you senseless fool! What have you done?”

“I have secured for myself an opportunity to witness you care for me, my starling.”

“Garrus, how can you joke at a time like this? You should have it looked at by a medic.”

“Nonsense Lucy, this is a paltry affliction. I just need to set the cartilage back in its proper place…” He attempted to feel his stinging nose but it did actually hurt very much. He produced a low whistle, gingerly feeling about for the place of least discomfort. Lucia looked a little provoked, crossing her arms in impatience at his defiance.

“Lucy my dear,” he stalled. “Delatura’s interesting character was indeed interesting. We had a delightful conversation.”

“Is that who did this to you?” she asked, reprimanding albeit still managing to look a bit shaken. “Why did you go looking for him Garrus? Why do you go looking for any of them?”

“I have my reasons, Lucy dear. You should not concern yourself with them.” he continued prodding his sore muzzle. “I can take care of myself, you see.”

“I do see.” Lucia indulged. Before Garrus could see it coming, Lucia reached her hand to his face, grabbing his broken nose and, with a disturbingly loud CRACK, had set it back in its place. Garrus cried out in brief agony.

“You are like a child sometimes, Garrus.” she turned to walk away.

“Lucy!” he called after her. She turned, hesitantly. “Tell me, where do you sit this year, so that I may wave to you as I enter the arena tomorrow?”

Clarissa and Delatura appeared suddenly, apparently having been to the market stalls. Upon seeing Garrus they exclaimed happily, but their looks of excitement turned to those of confusion as they saw the remains of dried blood upon his face. They did not say anything and, as expected, kept their distance in order to keep their gowns as clean as possible.

Lucia sighed. “This year we are seated on the north end, so that our families may be near the Queen’s Box.”

Garrus stopped short, the liveliness emptying from his face, draining down his back and disappearing into the stifling air. “The queen’s box?”

“Yes, Queen Suzane is attending this year! Isn’t that exciting?” Delatura interjected.

Garrus suddenly found it difficult to breathe. The reason he had been sent away from home for treason, the reason Unger was missing, and the reason Marit was dead… the one person who had been behind all of his misery was here, in the open. And so was he.

“My dears, I’m afraid I must be on my way. Preparations to be had for the archery tournament and all of that uninteresting nonsense. I eagerly await to see your lovely faces again.” His own face was grim, and the concerned looks on the girls’ faces were evident. He turned to Lucia, who had resumed walking away.

“Lucy, my starling, I hope the rest of this day’s festivities are abundantly pleasing to you.” He bent down to kiss her hand, placing something into her palm as he did so. She was surprised, but contained herself well, not saying anything in reply. She was used to his behavior after all. Garrus walked off-not a wink, not looking back. Lucia sighed, tucked the item away and kept walking, as she heard Clarissa say in a low voice behind her,

“She doesn’t even like him; why is she the favorite?”

Eliza Quinn

Iorn- Streets near Tournament Arena

Month 6, day 15

10:13 Am

We begin the story of the young adventurer in the city of Iorn, seeking to make a steal with some trinkets shes cobbled together from the left overs of her most recent escapade into some rather overgrown ruin. Eliza Quinn, adventurer, artifact merchant, tomb raider, and as of this very moment; heartbreaker. For she had not so much as set out her carpet, placed her trinkets and oddities for show to the general public, that she was suddenly accosted by a rather willowy yet rich looking man. With people looking on, she glared down at the man who knelt before her like a fiery haired queen of ice, unmoved by his words...

"Listen buddy, I don't know what your talking about. So you pick your ass up, stop flashing that ring and get out of my face." The woman glared towards the man who was currently upon one knee before her. How many times has this happened to her? How many times must her sisters leave her to deal with the poor bastards she has to now cause heartbreak? "Please! You must remember me! The dinner, t-the necklace! You must remember it! You said you loved it so!" the man pleaded with the woman, who seemed all the more unimpressed. "Gracia I will kill you for this..." the woman grumbled underneath her breath, trying to figure out how to kick this man to the curb.

"Please! I beg of you! You must remember my face, the time we shared together! We walked the streets, I showered you with gifts and love and you said if I came today you'd... You'd-" the man suddenly turned to sobbing, his words turning to a mess of whimpers and cries as the woman looked more and more disgruntled by the display before her. "Seriously bud, listen, the one your looking for is number twelve, my younger sister." she explained to the man, who looked upto the red haired beauty with a curious expression mixed with utter dishonorable sobbing muffling his words.

"Twelbve?" he spluttered.

"Twelve, my twelfth sister, her name is gracia and she just left town this morning. Probably heading off to break another sod's heart. Leaving you in the dust and sobbing like a damn fool, grow a spine would you? Seriously, what woman would like a guy like that! Get up, get a beer and grow a pair!" she continued her uncaring glare down at the hopeless man. Gods, why did they always have to be so foolish! Falling for her little sister's petty tricks and fluttering lashes and they get left with nothing but an empty pocket and a broken heart. Guy should've cut his losses while he had the chance! Not like Gracia cared what happened to him, she just wanted more trophies for her collection of jewellery, leaving yet another incorrigible sod for Eliza to deal with... At Least this one wasn't turning violent like the last... 

Last guy was a fighter, she could give him that. Not enough to stand up after some vigorous applications of her boot to his... Well, that was a story more meant for a night at a bar. 

Now then, she had to chase this idiot off her area. She wouldn't be able to do business with some sobbing fool trying to propose to her every five minutes! 

"Now, get lost. And don't come back or I'll have the guard on your foolish ass. And if I see you again after that you wont have anything to compensate any future marriages! Though I highly doubt you'd ever get so lucky anyways." This managed to kick the man to the curb, and get quite a few laughs from the surrounding crowd. If this benefitted her at all, it would've added a bit more publicity to her standing here in Iorn. People would talk about a feisty and utterly gorgeous merchant and SHE would reap the benefits from her sister's foolish scam artistry. Of course, it didn't mean her sister was off the hook... Little brat was going to get whats coming to her there was no doubt in that.

Gracia would pay for this. 

7 minutes later

"Whew, maybe I should hire somebody to do this for me. Then again... that'd cost money." the woman wiped the slight amount of sweat from her forehead, placing the stool down behind the small box she had set up as an impromptu counter, the thing has been well used and is quite handy to keep around. She was rather surprised how much milage she got out of it for it just being a normal box. But hey, everything has worth if you use it right after all! That goes double for artifacts! Hell even her cart was a steal from way back when, sure the left wheels squeak a bit to much on rainy days but the thing was sturdier than the mule she had to pull it! With ample area for covering her merchandise and plenty of space for storage, she had more than enough to call it her portal home for the years she's been on the road. 

Speaking of her Mule, the stubborn creature was currently sleeping lazily with it's long ears twitching at every single sound from the world around it. it's chocolate brown body fitted with white "socks" around each hoof and abit up the nose and mouth of the beast. Almost making it seem cute in a way, if you didn't know the utter beast that lurked within it's dull, innocent eyes.

His name is Petunia, and he was an obstinate bastard. 

Roughly about 2 years old, Eliza's third mule and by far her worst in terms of personality, Petunia and Eliza have what could be called a love and hate relationship, one that involves alot of yelling and complaints as the other side simply stands there like an idiot and doesn't move the GOD DAMN CART! he'd also get angry if you didn't give him a treat after dinner, something Eliza blames herself for starting since.. well.. she herself gets cranky if she doesn't have desert. Though in truth Eliza wouldn't trade the bastard in for the world. She swears petunia is smart as all hell, on occasion enough to spot trouble long before she had done so, more then one occasion he has saved her from wolves, badgers and the occasional pervert. Nobody expects the mule to be able to take down a grown man with a sword, but if there was anything this mule was good at, it was kicking the hell out of shit. 

Something Eliza shares with it naturally.

"Ah.. Finally... open for business." Eliza took up her spot atop her stool and plucked up one of the talismans within her hand, and she began to call out her wares to the public, not afraid to lather on the words and praise of her own trinkets and baubles. "Trinkets for prowess! Gain the blessing of the ancient warriors with these one of a kind talismans! Get yours before it's gone! Come on folks! only a limited supply!" 

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Lilly: The Slave Girl and the Bakery[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Lilly - @Zuka[/COLOR]

[SIZE= 16px]Uma [/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]- @Deathchart[/COLOR]

Rufus[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)] - @Savagai[/COLOR]

[SIZE= 16px]Ainu 'Wolf'[/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)], [/COLOR][SIZE= 16px]Leyra[/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)], [/COLOR][SIZE= 16px]Damos[/SIZE][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)] - @Goaty Goat the Impossible[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Kildran Nervos Estate[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Local Bakery[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 128)]Midday[/COLOR]

Uma's eyes locked with the girl's. Time seemed to stop for that moment, and there was silence as the thoughts processed in their heads. Uma began to speak but his words were cut off by a chair slamming onto the ground. The girl had run up to him and began spouting out words in his native language. He hadn't heard it in so long, it almost threw him off. Luckily he remembered it rather quickly and listened to what the girl had to say. After listening intently he smiled and replied to her. "Y en slore. Era iuu lurg, iuumt uma? (I am sure. Are you hurt young one?)"

Lilly heard him speak, heard the words of her people flow from his mouth like a river and her heart which felt like it almost stopped started to thunder again. She snatched her hands out to grasp onto his shirt to tug at it before she patting at his shoulders and his arms before grasping his hands and yanking them up to her face to peer at them an odd manner. All this she did even while he spoke. She hadn't heard someone else speak that language, only herself in years. Was he a dream? She continued to pat him down, almost to convince herself he was real and not some strange illusion. Once she realized he was, indeed, real she yanked her hands back suddenly and took a step back to separate them as she bowed her head, letting her long white hair fall to completely cover her face. Acting like he were some sort of Noble as that was all she had been antiquated with really. Don't look, don't speak unnecessarily.

But it was only as she was half bowed and her gaze was focusing in at the floor boards at her feet did the words echo slightly. Are you hurt? He had asked. Are you hurt? Why would someone ask that as a question, a first question, to her of all people? Why those very words? She reached up suddenly to touch at her throat a fraction, to the jeweled choker necklace that even now rubbed her skin raw. Bracelets at her wrists covered in fine sapphire jewels and a stunning long pale blue dress. After all Rufus has changed but Lilly was still dressed in the same Royal Regalia that Lord Nevarrus always dolled her up in. Like some sort of pet. Though she would just come off as a Noblewoman to the common people. A snow-haired noblewoman. "Y En mug ymjoryab. (I am not injured.)" She said quickly, and very specifically. Answering his question but it was clear there was much more to the story then that.

The girl acted so strange. Uma understood that she hadn't seen a T'odis for years but why was she patting him. It was like he was being searched for something or checked to see if he was indeed real. Then out of no were she stopped and put her head down. She treated Uma like he was some sort of authority. Uma's smile left his face as he realized that the girl had been scarred deeper than he thought. He couldn't even imagine what it must have been like for her. I am not injured. Although her voice was that of an angel, these words stabbed at Uma's heart like a dagger from a friend. His face changed into worry as he moved towards her. Uma's arm raised up and placed itself on the girl's shoulder. I am not injured. Uma knew this wasn't true, physically or mentally. He tried to figure out what to say, to that obvious lie. "Pa dogh kmup glys ys mug groa (we both know this is not true)" Uma moved his hand to move ever the girl's hair away from her face. He looked as into her eyes as much as he could and as reassuringly as he could. "Afariglimt ys uk mup. (eveything is ok now)" Uma hoped that this would reassure the girl that he was not a threat and in fact very willing to help her.

Lilly had her gaze dropped down to the floor, peering somewhat at her feet as her head was bowed and her back hunched over to make herself as small as possible. Which was a sight to see, a T'Odis trying to make themselves as little as possible though she was still very young and had yet to really have any growth spurt. She just had the delicate feature of a T'Odis which made her sort after for all the wrong reasons. She was focused on the floor so much that when he reached out and grasped at her shoulder the girl instinctively recoiled without even meaning to. It didn't matter how much people did it in a kind gesture she had too many years of being unkind to think of the former. Her whole body twisted to the side and lowered to try and peel from the grip only his words half halted her.

Still staring to that hand on her shoulder, she watched it slowly move up to move the hair from her face so he could lean down even closer to look to her. The girl heard the language of her people, but the touch was so forward she reached up and thrust his hand away from her as her breathing started to elevate even more. Taking another step backwards and away from him. "Whaesa! Bu mug guusl na! (Please! Do not touch me!)" Her eyes refusing to look at him, just sideways to anything else within the room. Panic starting to take over though she was trying very hard to calm herself as she clung to her own arms, trying to cover her body a fraction.

Uma felt so stupid. The girl was distraught and hurt. She was scarred and broken. He should have known that she was going to react badly to touch. He just wasn't thinking about it in the moment. As the girl backed away and yelled at him, Uma felt terrible. He didn't mean to frighten her. They were strangers after all. Uma decided it would be best to introduce himself. He stood up straight and looked at the girl. Even though she wouldn't even glance at him. Uma bent over and began to bow, something that one would only do in the presence of a superior or a noble if you were serving them. "Whaesa vurtyfa ni robamass. (Please forgive my rudeness)" Uma's voice changed from concern to apologetic and more serious. He was embarrassed and the youthful curiosity had left him. He needed to act like an adult and respect who he was talking to. Uma placed a knee down onto the ground and came to kneel to the girl, giving out a grunt as his knee made contact. Age had not been the best to him. "Y naemg mu lern. (I meant no harm)" Uma said, as he faced the ground and had shame wash over him. He had only hoped the girl would forgive his behavior.

Her eyes flicked back as he stood up to his full height, instantly her chest tightening as she was convinced he would slap her, or grab her arm or.. well who knows though in the corner of her vision she noticed him starting to bend at the waist and slowly her face turned back with her eyes suddenly gone wide as he was the one to bow to her. Did he think her some Noblewoman? She glanced down to her long flowing dress, I mean, she certainly looked the part. And then to make things even more confusing for her he asked for forgiveness as he knelt. The short girl (For a T'Odis), couldn't hide the surprise over her soft face. The movement was so random, she had never in her life ever had someone kneel to her, not in Kildra, not even from her small memories of her family back home. Her mouth opened to talk but her words were broken. "Yg's Vyma... Y josg... bum'g hyka vaevha guuslymt na... (It's fine... I just... don't like people touching me...)"

Though her perception noticed the grunt as he dropped to his knee and a strange look crossed her face. It was about the most serious look the girl was capable of as she half reached forward but then tucked her hand back again. She couldn't touch his shoulder; not after she had just freaked out about him doing the same. "Iuur juymgs... era sura? Y lefa e lardeh gae gleg nei lahw. Yg ys uma ni Nuglar geotlg na gu neka, nemi nemi iaers etu. (Your joints... are sore? I have a herbal tea that may help. It is one my Mother taught me to make, many many years ago.)" A oddly soft and calm smile flooding her face as she thought about her Family before Kildra.

Rufus didn’t knew what to say to Lilly, but it was his time to do his order, “Goodday Petric, please some of your pastries and a few other of the usual.” Secretly the baker was also selling Pashush, and Rufus was one of his customers. He heard the bell ring and some new man entered the bakery. The noble didn’t look, he was looking at the baker while he picked the right pastries. However, he heard Lilly speaking, in her mother-tongue, to some other person, clearly also a user of the T’Odis language. When he turned his head to look to them he noticed the guy was certainly a T’Odis, they didn’t come here very often. Rufus didn’t really care that Lilly wanted to speak T’Odis with another T’Odis. It was good for her to talk in her mother-tongue, and that someone could speak back. He was feeling a little weird because he could hear the voice of Lilly becoming a little scared, he turned fully around now and looked at her “Are you  alright?”

Uma smiled and kept his head down. He couldn't take a gift from the girl he had just caused terror. He wouldn't accept it. "Y kem mug. Y bu mug basarfa sokh kymbmass. (I can not. I do not deserve such kindness)". He began to stand up as he was shoved out of the way. Uma had been so focused on the girl that he didn't realize what was going on around him. He started to get defensive but he realized that he was standing in the middle of the entrance. It was kind of his fault. Uma moved out of the way, to allow everyone coming to the store inside.

~~~~~

Damos, Wolf and Leyra dismounted at the bakery and saw that a few guests with horses were already there. Leyra pointed at the horse with a saddle for two. "Guess some noble is out here with his secret lover?" She asked in a mocking tone. "Wouldn't surprise me." Damos replied as he opened the door to the bakery. There was a T'Odis in the way and if there was something Damos didn't like it were big fellows standing in the way. "Scoot over big guy." He said as he shoved the man aside, not really hard, but hard enough to shove a T'Odis out of his way. He ignored the other patrons and went straight for the baker. "Wander, it has been a long time but I was hoping that you have a surplus of bread right now, I might be running a tad low on my food supplies." He said to the baker in a friendly manner, he's been here before a few times and the man just really knew how to make good pastries.

Ainu followed after Damos when he opened the door and grinned when he shoved aside a T'Odis. 'Hang on... T'Odis out here?!' He thought to himself and that's when saw the other T'Odis, a young girl who could at best be 17 years and was darn pretty, but also quite out of place out here. He moved a step closer and wanted to take another step but felt something tug his chest piece. "Don't. Scare. Her." Leyra whispered in his ear as she stopped next to him and scratched her nose with her cuffed hands. Ainu shook his head and looked at the T'Odis girl again. "Vhupar uv Pymgar, pleg iuo bu lara uun mug ym T'Odis?" ("Flower of Winter, what you do here and not in T'Odis?") He asked with a concern in slightly broken T'Odis but with a warm tone to it.

Lilly still had a rather serious look on her soft face as she heard the kneeling man say he could not and did not deserve such kindness. The tea would help ale his joints which obviously gave him slight grief, so why would he not take up this offer? Was that a thing that T'Odis did? She had been surrounded by Kildran for so long her memories of her home were slightly blurry. The girl turned as she heard Rufus's voice. "Noble Rufus, fine am I.... mm... surprised just." She tried to explain but now she had been speaking in her normal language she felt using words in Common that made her frown a fraction more to herself. As Rufus started to move closer to her with the pastries, the door seemed to ding again and her attention back. The original T'Odis she was speaking to, which she realized she hadn't even asked of his name, was shoved aside by some impatient looking Kildran man, causing him to step closer to her and away from harms way as it was.

Lilly's eyes widened a fraction as she glanced up between Rufus and the man she had been speaking to, noticing how much taller both were compared to her and starting to tense up slightly in discomfort. Then another T'Odis man followed in the door, equally as tall as the original one, and she saw him take a step closer. Her breathing was starting to still as her eyes grew slightly more panicked. It wasn't the biggest of Bakery's and what started with just Rufus and her was now starting to fill with a large number of people which panicked her at the best of times. The new man asked her a question, but she found her vision was stuck on that girl next to him with cuffed hands now scratching at her own nose. It seemed to go in one of Lilly's ears and out the other. Already tense, Lilly couldn't stop staring at the girl's cuffs, memories starting to flood back to her in a fast pace as her panic only got worse. Her chest was tightening as her breathing quickened. It never occurred to her why the girl was cuffed in broad day light, no sane person would cuff a slave in the open. Was she a slave? Why did she look so happy? Lilly finally broke her gaze from her cuffs to flow over the room again.

Too many.

There was too many in this room, she was feeling claustrophobic and was starting to hyperventilate as she trying to pull herself backwards away from them all, eventually feeling her back slam against the wall preventing her from withdrawing anymore. Unfortunately this only saw the girl starting to hyperventilate further as she clutched at her own hair, feeling she couldn't breath and growing even more dizzy.

Too many.

They blocked the doors. She couldn't run away, she had her back to the wall with no where to do. It seemed every second blink she had, the memories would return, the laughing, the snickering, the pointing, the grabbing. The pain. The searing pain. "Whaesa bum'g lorg na... mug eteym whaesa... (please don't hurt me... not again please...)".

Uma began to survey the situation. A Kildran man was talking to the shop keeper frantically about purchasing some pastries. There was another T'Odis man who had walked up to the girl and asked her a question. There was the son of the girl's owner waiting on his pastries. He then saw the girl backing up into a corner. Something had caused her to start to panic. Uma had seen this kind of thing before, it was common when a child had been scarred by something and they were reminded of the thing that had scarred them. It was the people. There were so many, and they were all larger than her by a decent margin. Uma had to do something, anything to help the girl. Talking to her or trying to comfort her directly wasn't going to be an option. He had to take care of the hulking man frightening her first. Uma stepped between the T'Odis man and the girl. The man meant no harm, and Uma knew that. Therefore Uma didn't get hostile with him. Uma looked at the man and put his one good arm up. "Sir, I don't mean to be rude but you seem to be frightening the girl. Please back up. Give her space." His voice serious and somewhat stern. Uma didn't mean to come off that way but he couldn't help it. Uma walked towards the man in hopes that he would back up a little bit and give the girl space. He didn't want to start anything. Especially in a pastry shop. But he would if he had to.

It wasn’t good, it wasn’t good at all. After Lilly said to him everything was alright, he continued paying the baker. He got his stuff and make his way towards Lilly. He saw her beginning to hyperventilate, Rufus was still putting the pastries and Pashush in his bag. The noble noticed the other man trying to take care of Lilly. The pastries were in his backpack, next to the pashush. He quickly made his way to Lilly, using his elbows to set others aside. The noble took the little girl on his arm, like a father would do with his daughter. Rufus started to walk towards the door to give her the fresh air she needed.

Ainu saw the T'Odis girl recoil when he entered, but especially when she looked at Leyra. He wanted to tell her it was okay when the other T'Odis stood up and positioned himself between Ainu and the girl. He didn't really need to hear the words to hear their meaning and intent. As the man approached him with a raised hand Ainu grabbed his wrist before he spoke. "I have no intent for violence but approach me again with raised limb and I will retaliate." He said that in a stern tone, not aggressively before letting go of the man's wrist. "Is she your dau-..." He started as he wanted to ask the man whether the girl was his daughter when the unknown Kildran grabbed her and tried to elbow his way through them. In a reflex he grabbed the Kildran by the collar and his face changed from a blank canvas to one visibly irritated. "Where do you think you're going with that girl Kildran?" He asked in an angry way. "Wolf, calm the fuck down. Leyra take that girl outside to give her some air, we'll sort this out as calm adults in here WITHOUT bloodshed." Damos said in a stern voice before continuing his bartering with the baker.

Leyra knew things could get out of hand quickly whilst she quietly looked at what transpired before her. She was thinking about how to help the girl when Damos' command boomed through her head. She took the girl from the Kildran and led her outside whilst trying to recall what little T'Odis Wolf had learned her. "Kuna. Vrasl eyr. Iuo sefa. Y lahw." ("Come. Fresh air. You save. I help.") She said calmly to the girl.

Lilly wasn't much concentrating on what the T'Odis man (who's name she had still to grab) was doing though he moved a portion away from her to try to push the others away. This made the girl take a half breath in at least to stop her passing out right then and there, easing up the suffocating pressure the whole room seem to have for her. Lilly was still grasping at the threads of both reality and her nightmares, but her blinks slowed down as she saw Rufus approach her. He offered his arm to her to grab, which she happily took, assuming his intention to leave which she desperately wanted to do.

Then things happened really quickly for the young girl.

It seemed that both the T'Odis men where talking in deep, aggressive voices that already sent her straight back on edge because the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Although having Rufus close kept her somewhat sane. He said he would protect her right? So that no one would hurt her anymore? He said that! So when one of the men suddenly grabbed Rufus by the collar effectively breaking him from her, Lilly let out a rather sudden and scared scream. Some Kildran Man at the counter was shouting now, causing her to fling her hands up to protect her ears. She felt another set of hands touching her, causing her to naturally flinch up as she turned half away from the contact.

And although this girl was smaller then the rest she was still a stranger to Lilly. A stranger now pulling here away, draped in chains. Was she being taken again? Kildran men had taken her from her homeland so many years ago, is that was this was? Where they taking her again? Lilly shook her head frantically side to side even as she tried to yank away from the girl, yes she wanted to get out of the Bakery, but what was out there? How many? How many people waiting to take her away. Lilly only just got to the entrance of the Bakery as she spotted the horses, not unlike the ones they had taken her away from the first time.

Then Lilly let out a ear-piercing scream even as she curled over holding her head.

~~

Kum Liadej

Mood: Amused

Time: 10.15AM

Tag: @Orikanyo

"We have arrived, Mr. Kum," His secretary, Lon, announced, as the horse-drawn carriage carrying them come to a stop. One of their escorts opened the door from outside and stood by the door. Kum stepped out of the carriage, standing before the Golden Tree, the best and most expensive inn in Iorn. With the tournament, the inn is supposed to booked and full. But there is always a room for people like Kum.

"We didn't make it on time, didn't we? The fighting has already started." Lon nodded as an answer. "Who's fighting today? Anyone interesting?"

"Right now, a monk named Guan Ming and a mysterious fellow called Wyrm."

"Wyrm, eh? What a name. Tell me the result of their fight, will you?"

"As you wish."

"Now, can I handle you to take care of my belongings and our merchandise? Keep that red box secure, that one is our gift to Queen Suzane!" Kum paused, then continued. "I'm going for a walk, I should be back before lunchtime."

"Yes, sir." Lon nodded. "You should take Aros and Orn with you-"

"Oh, Lon, you know I can handle myself!" Kum laughed and patted the young man's shoulder, then walked into the sea of people.

This was one of the few activities that Kum enjoyed, exploring his surroundings. Iorn was packed with tourists, soldiers, fighters, young and old pickpocketer and thieves like the boy who snatched fruits from a stall. Kum stepped aside to give the boy a way to escape from the angry shopkeeper. He felt lucky that his children will not need to do such criminal doing to survive, but his wife's sister might not be so lucky.

That is, if she is even still alive.

"Trinkets for prowess! Gain the blessing of the ancient warriors with these one of a kind talismans! Get yours before it's gone! Come on folks! only a limited supply!"  A red haired woman shouted loudly from a nearby stool, catching the attention of many people including Kum.

"Talismans, eh?" Kum, who traveled a lot around the world, has already meet people claiming that a certain object they sell is imbued with incredible power. From his experience, it's all mostly fake or make-believe.

"Are you telling the truth?"

A collaboration post with:

@Zukaas Roadalian Successor to the throne Renaria Velouse

@Edinas Roadalian Head Priestess Azria Rohodege

@too much ideaas Holy Knight Thera

@Robyn Banks as Holy Knight Seraphina Aeritheos

@King Ad Rock as Captain of the Holy Knights Janer Courtine, General Leonard Roadalia, Holy Knight Arturia Vanguard, and Holy Knight Amber Genelynne

Date: Month 6, Day 15

Time: 1st hour of the Morning (1 A.M.)

"No need for formalities; we have a grave subject to discuss, and I believe our time is of the essence. Please, General, if you don't mind, I would very much like a glass of whatever you have there. It will indeed prove helpful, in some ways." Spoke Azria.

The look of stun on Leonard’s face was evident. After a moment he realized he was not doing anything but just staring blankly at the Head Priestess. To remedy this, he then quickly shot his long arms out and clumsily fumbled for the bottle, only to knock over a glass he had just recently poured himself. The contents spilled across the bar countertop and the glass clinked against another empty glass. The bottle itself was also bumped causing it to swivel on its round base. Leonard put the palms of his hands out while wincing, almost as if he could get it to stop rocking without touching it. Before the bottle could tip and fall, Janer quickly snatched it by the neck and grabbed it off of the counter.

“I’ll do that, you idiot.” Janer said coldly. She took the bottle and poured Azria a glass. The two locked eyes as Janer handed her the drink, and for just a brief second, Janer smiled. “Here you are, your holiness.”

Azria took the glass with both hands, covering Janer's outstretched fingers with her own. An artful and practiced smile touched the corners of her mouth as Janer pulled away. "Thank you very much, commander."

Amber looked behind her to the motion that caught her eye. She found Thera backing away with a look of worry and fear in her face. With an outstretch of her heavy hand, Amber grabbed Thera by the front of her shirt and brought the petite Parshumian back over to her. Then, with a voice decidedly more sober then she had been projecting, she whispered to her,

“Don’t worry schweet pea. It doesn’t matter what is shaid here tonight or what you decide. No one will lay a finger on you, I promise. If they do, I’ll fuckin’ CLEAVE EM IN TWO!” Amber did not whisper these last few words, but instead bellowed them out into the tavern. The rest of the group stopped and turned their attention to the source.

“Uh, shorry guys. Please continue. Don’t mind me.” Amber instructed with a big smile plastered on her drunken face.

"As entertaining as it is to watch you try to 'cleave in two' anyone in this room... I'm afraid I must stop you from trying, Amber." Thera leaned in little bit closer to whisper in Amber's ears. Hopefully, the drunken fool could hear her clear. "But thank you. You don't need to worry about me again."

"But I will." Amber replied with a knowing grin.

"I think it is about time we started this discussion, is it not?" Renaria chimed in from her seat, sounding a bit impatient.

Janer turned to the group and leaned her back against the counter. “Yes Renaria, let us get right into it, shall we?” Janer looked up to the ceiling and took a slow, deep breath in through her nostrils and let it out in a sigh. “And honestly, do we really need an introduction? It should be obvious why the General and I have gathered you all here. We have not invited Kira or Seraphina for, what should be, obvious reasons. There are others that I would have wished could join us, but they have yet to return and this matter can no longer wait.

“The Queen has been ill for some time. We all know this. We have done what we could to help her and the country in her time of need, but things have drastically changed since-“

“Since Miranda came to the capital.” Leonard interrupted. “We do not even know how she got in the castle. She was just there one day by the Queen’s side.” Leonard was slowly shaking his head back and forth as if he were still trying to wrap his head around it.

Janer looked a bit annoyed but continued, “During the first few weeks, she was the ‘Queen’s friend’ and the castle guard were ordered to allow her entrance to the castle and even her chambers at all times.” Janer stressed this last part to let everyone know just how entrenched in the Queen’s life Miranda had gotten.

“But the General and I have spoken to every guard in the castle, and not one can ever remember letting her in or out. And yet every time I have came to the castle, there she was.”

“Are you suggesting that she does have some kind of power?” Arturia spoke up and asked. Janer paused and then looked to Leonard with a look that said, “Tell them”.

“She said something to me…” He seemed to not want to go on. “Something my mother used to say to me often as a child. It was the exact quoting, word-for-word. How could she possibly know…?” Leonard tilted his head down and was now looking at the stained wooden floor.  His brow was furrowed in both a worrisome manner and in concentration. The last question seemed to be directed at nobody but himself. Janer continued on,

“It was not before long that she stopped seeing me, the General, and even you Renaria. Considering you live in the castle, I'm interested to hear what your first meeting with Miranda was like."

Renaria's eyes narrowed as she contemplated the exact words Janer and even Leonard were saying. Renaria had been just as shocked as everyone else when it seemed she couldn't be more a few feet from the Queen's side, though she never showed that emotion outside. It seemed as if she awoke one morning and the Queen just refused to see her.

She had always felt this weird sensation around that woman, and it was still true after hearing all this. The hunter heard Janer ask her a question as her eyebrows furrowed down further in thought. The first time? That was interesting to say the least... She spoke up in a soft voice that seemingly carried far further then it should have.

“I remembered walking down the hallway alone. I was headed towards the Queen's chambers as I always do at Dawn only to arrive and realize she wasn't there and had already left. Thinking nothing of it, I left. I occupied myself for hours till midday and yet I still hadn't found the Queen. That was unusual to say the least. I asked some of the Guards around the Castle in my curiosity only for them to say that a woman was following the Queen and they thought nothing of it from afar. So I finally found the Queen in the Courtyard with a woman standing beside her and a hand on her shoulder."

Renaria stopped for a moment before she continued. "She seemed friendly enough, she had a huge smile across her face and she was standing very close to the Queen. She even offered her hand out to shake my own before the Queen even introduced her. Smile ear to ear. But her eyes didn't smile along with her mouth and I could tell. She already told me her name, and that she would be staying here. That the Queen needed her. And I looked to the Queen who only nodded in response. Any time the Queen went to say anything Miranda would step in and answer for her. Eventually Miranda told me to come see the Queen tomorrow.

But then, tomorrow never really came. Not like it was. A passing glance, a word at most."

Janer interjected, almost as if she had not heard Renaria.

“And then came the first announcement. I’m sure you all remember it well. We gathered half the damn city to the town square. She had builders erect that ridiculous stage. And then she told that crowd of morons that the Goddess Azae had brought us a ‘holy visionary’.” Janer snorted in revulsion at the idea. “And they all cheered.”

“Then came the executions.” Said Leonard. “With some of these people, yes, it is hard to argue they did not deserve the punishment they were to receive.”

“Miranda was smart about it when speaking with the Queen. She chose the worst criminals first. Then, slowly over the past few months, the infractions that were punishable by death became less severe…” Janer let her words fade off. “And I have been ordered to make sure these executions are carried out without fault. I cannot believe I have been-“

A loud whimper cut through Janer’s words, stopping them. It came from Amber, who had her oversized fists clenched tightly in her lap. Tears were flowing from her forcibly closed eyes. Arturia tried to take a step forward from her standing position behind Amber and put a hand on her now shuddering shoulder for comfort, but Amber yanked her shoulder away violently.

“Amber…” Arturia said with genuine concern in her eyes.

“I should have read the names… I should have read the names…” Amber was slightly rocking now as she repeated herself. “Arturia always shcolds me for not reading my paperwork.

“I was shent to Little Town, I’m not sure if it was Miranda…Or the Queen…or if the Queen even remembers I’m from there. I wasn’t goooing to go. I was goooing to forshake everything and leave it all behind. How could I carry out shuch atroshities in the name of Azae? But when I got to my offiish and looked at the lisht…” Amber trailed off again.

“His name was on it. I should of read the other names, but I didn’t because his name was on it. Sheeing his name at the top of the lisht was enough for me. I thought to myshelf, ‘M-m-maybe Azae is jusht. M-maybe this is how things are shuppose to be.’ I jumped on my horsh and made my way to Little Town with my men without the shlightesht bit of hesitation.” The tall redheaded knight was trying her best to hold back the sobs that kept trying to take over her in waves.

“Amber who are you talking about?” Leonard questioned. His voice was empathetic.

“When my mother gave me to the abbey where I lived, I was only thirteen. There were all kinds of girls there, but I was the tallesht by sheveral heads. I think that’sh why he never touched me.”

“Amber who are you talk-“ This time it was Janer who now questioned, her own voice much softer then it had been, but she was cut off by Amber.

“The head cleric in the church. His name was Bartholomew Urend. On the outshide he sheemed like a-any cleric, wise, friendly, and intelligent. B-b-but he had a monshtrous shecret. He was doing horrible things to the girls. He would take them into the cryptsh, under the guise of ‘tutoring’. Oh Azae, how blind and shtupid we were. I never knew because he never…” She picked up a bit louder,

“I wish that he did. I would have shtopped it all right there with my own hands like I had before…

“The smallesht ones were that bastard’s favorites. Years thish went on. Fuckin’ years. Not the shishters or I ever found out while it was happening. Oh dear, I hope none of the shishters knew.” Amber sobbed loudly some more into her open palms. Arturia had returned by her side and successfully had her hand on Amber’s shoulder rubbing assuredly. After a few coughs and deep breaths to gain control, Amber went on,

“The one he b-brought with him the mosht, Matilda. She was such an innoshent little thing. Her eyes were these big blue shaushers that you just got losht in. When I was eighteen, the shishters of the abbey shent me to the capital for military trainin’. I had already gained shkill over the years with a shword and shield and they figured thish was the besht way I could sherve the Goddessh.

“It was about a year after I left that I resheived a letter. I thought m-maybe it was the shishters telling me how everyone was doin’. But it was from Matilda… In the letter she detailed every shingle thing the evil shunofabitch had done to her. She shpared nothin’. All the different kinds of dishgushting torture he would shubject her and the others to, that shadishtic bashtard! I could shee the dried tear shtains on the parchment. The letter shaid she wanted to kill hershelf, but she was afraid of the Goddessh not allowing her shole to be reborn…

“I was shick to my shtomach. I hated myshelf for bein’ sho blind and shtupid. I rayshed back home, barely shtopping alooong the way. I was going to cut off his fuckin’ cock and feed it to him while he was shtill alive.” Amber paused to let out an unpardoned belch and then continued on, “But by the time I had gotten to Little Town, he was no longer there. Jusht dishappeared one night the shishters told me. The coward probably caught wind that the girls were shpeaking up. I followed a few leadsh on his whereabouthsh while in town but came up with nothin’…

“When I shtepped inside the church for the first time in years, I saw Matillda praying by the altar. I shnuck up behind her and hugged her as tight as I could. She had grown sho much shince I had left. I promished her I would never let anyone hurt her or the others again. Oh Goddesh I mesht up. She sheemed fine at firsht, but I could tell shomething was wrong. She had losht a peesh of hershelf. Unfortunately as time passhed, I had to return to the capital. She got older, and the shishters shaid she met a boy while shopping in the market, and they ran off together. I was happy for her. Happy that she was able to put it all behind her and find shomething to live for.” The never-ending tears cascaded down Amber’s puffy freckled cheeks.

“And I had thought I had put it all behind me too. That was… until I shaw his name. It renewed all that anger deep inshide. It made me believe that maybe thish is how things should be. I arrived back in Little Town onesh again, ready to get revenge for Matilda, not havin’ the foreshite to shee that it was only for myshelf. Holy Azae, I walked right by her on those makeshift gallows! Her shaushers probably looked right through m-me. All I shaw was him. The shcroll shaid the pig was caught trying to lure a child into a shmall shack he rented behind a farm on the outshkirts of town. He was filthy, dresshed in rags, and aged, but I shtill recognized that fuckin’ faysh.

“I got right in his dirt covered, pudgy mug. I wanted him to know that shumone knew who he really was before he died. He never reacted. He jusht shtared at the floor… I coulda ripped his throat out with my bare hands right there. Inshtead, I raised my shword, walked by him and the resht, and told them they were being executed for their crimes againsht Azae and her people… Oh Goddessh why!?” Amber stomped her foot with exclamation and without any warning as she shouted this last question outward. Her nose was leaking now, but she did not care. She could no longer hold anything back as she told her story. Her emotions flowed as the liquids on her face did.

“I’m sho sho shorry Matildaaa!” Her sobbing had become a sort of convulsion. Her cries taking away her breath as she fought to fill her lungs. “I-I-I lowered my shword and they dropped the floooor!” Amber turned to her left and put her weeping face into the front of Arturia’s dress. She could not finish her story. The truth of what happened was too much for her to admit to in this condition. Arturia patted the back of Amber’s fiery mane as she opened her mouth to finish the tale for her subordinate.

“The girl that Amber speaks of, Matilda…” Arturia even seemed to have trouble going on. Her eyes narrowed and her teeth gritted. “She was on the list of those to be executed that day. Amber told me that she only recognized her as the floor was dropped from beneath them. According to the information we were given, she was found and taken in during a raid on a meeting of a group of Non-Believers just two days before our arrival.”

“How could you have faith after going what she went through, though? Do we not all have crishes of faith? Is thish what Azae wantsh? What kind of tesht is thish? How could she resheive the shame fate as him? They desherved the shame? I didn’t… I didn’t recognize her Arturia! But those eyes… I took her body down myshelf…” Amber’s breathing was becoming more controlled now. Her eyes were bloodshot and half closed, spent from the intense crying. Arturia continued to stroke her forehead.

As someone of no faith, Thera knew that something was terribly wrong when someone tells you to start killing people in the name of religion. All religion taught of peace and acceptance, of forgiving and being forgiven. Not killing to cleanse the faith. Doing that makes them no different from a bunch of lowly pirates and slavers.

Thera did understand Amber's sorrow.

Thera remembered the people she sent to their death yesterday. Did they actually deserve that? Did they actually have to die in such a horrible and humiliating way like that? She could tell that the people gathered in the tavern tonight were thinking of the same thing, and that fact somehow put her at ease. At least that says that they care about the people, at least they are scheming for a good reason. But the discussion is far from over, and oh how she hoped that she was wrong.

Renaria very rarely let her emotions go. Her face a stone cold feature. Bordering on almost bored though her eyes suggested otherwise. At least, normally. After Amber's story the woman found her fingers tightening with such ferocity on her tunic dress at her legs the material almost torn and the threads groaned. Her teeth were visible gritted and her throat clenched. She knew about the executions. She heard the names on the list. How was she to know what they had actually done to deserve such a fate? A successor, with no real knowledge of the circumstances. She felt like somehow this was her fault, lowering her face even as her rage visibly started to show on her face. She had sat idly by while the Queen had agreed to all this? People were being put to slaughter like pigs in a kennel.

“Amber, I-I aam sure I speak for everyone here when I-I say this, but you have my deeeepest and sinceeerest condolences.” Said Leonard quite awkwardly, his speech now slurring. An obvious scowl was planted on his face. During Amber’s story, he had poured and downed two more glasses of the strong, clear liquid, the subject matter clearly getting to him. Amber looked in his direct but showed no reaction. Her face remained grim. A heavy silenced filled the rest of the tavern.

Azria hadn't so much as taken a sip of her drink. To hear yet another tragedy befall an innocent citizen of Roadalia was an inescapable necessity of her life's work, but that didn't make it any easier. Her heart now filled with a grim sympathy, she attempted to offer some sort of consolation, not only to the dispirited soldier, but to everyone in the room.

"Indeed, Amber, we all experience these crises of faith; it is an unfortunate fact of life. You asked if your friend deserved the same fate as this criminal. Of course she didn't. Not from what I can judge. But what of the rest of us? Do you believe us all to be tested? When each of us is witness to these horrible crimes, these acts of malfeasance and injustice, are we not being tested? To see loved ones fall victim, fall away, or simply fall... what do we do? Do we fail the test? Do we sit idly by, watching and crying to the skies, slowly wasting away in the limits of our own responses? Each of you is here because you want to rise above. You don't want to waste away, watching. This is where our test begins, and we cannot fail those who have fallen before us."

“Regardless of who or what the bitch is, she is not a ‘holy visionary’. She is a damn lunatic and we need to stop her. I was ordered to put to death an entire family in Kanzar for not showing up to church. I hung several rapists and a murderer with them. None of this makes sense anymore. We need to stop all of this!” Janer barked at the full room. She looked at each one of them individually, letting here eyes meet theirs as she said this.

“Are you suggesting we just kill her? Is this what we are planning here?” Arturia asked.  

“I wish it were so easy, but the Queen is unpredictable. If Miranda doesn’t return to her one day there is no telling what she might do.” Janer answered.

“You ooordered ush to do it!” Amber hollered at Janer with a bit of renewed strength. She sat up to a prone position quickly, taking her head from resting on Arturia’s torso. Her eyes burned with a passion. No longer did she care that she was speaking to her superior. Janer showed surprising restraint with her answer.

“Yes, Amber, I had no choice…” Janer’s tone turned more serious then it had been this entire time. “I have my people in the castle who have been keeping tabs on what has been going on. They had told me that Miranda had convinced the Queen to have any of the Holy Knights immediately executed should they shirk their ‘holy duty’.” Janer said these last words with sarcasm and disgust.

“This is the reason we asked you to be here tonight.” Janer took one last deep breath before letting the big secret out.

“We need to relieve the Queen of power entirely and as soon as possible.”

At last the discussion has finally taken some solemn turns. Sera ignored the introduction since everyone already knew it.  She drew herself back in when the general started to talk about his talk with Miranda, which lead to Sera rolling her eyes. It must've been some saying or something of that sort. Stating it was magical powers was some excuse naive people make up for things they can't comprehend. 

Sera faded in and out of the conversation, most subjects wasn't important however some could be used to her advantage... Just not at the moment. Amber's story prompted the behemoth to fall on the floor like a babe and weep. She felt a bit of sympathy for her alas it was professional to speak of it at a meeting like this...then again everyone there was unprofessional to begin with. The booze, the stories seemed more of a casual affair. The discussion caused her to think about her own past. Never gaining the affection she deserved, always being a disappointment. Remembering this provoked her to involuntarily stroke her cheek as if she had to relive the slaps from her mother all over again. She never had seen it as a story worth telling and she wouldn't dwell on it now.

Pity parties never helped anyone. 

The outbursts of Janer caused her to become more amused. She expected it but hearing it from her captain's mouth still stunned her. They were going to do it. Assassinate the Queen; this brought a smile to her face. She could manipulate the situation and finally get the position she deserved, the wishes she was determined to fulfill. Alas she still need to know their strategy without that there would be no point in sneaking around in the God forsaken tavern. 

Eliza Quinn

Time: 10:15 AM

"These are genuine artifacts love, every single one. With every shard of blade and splinter of shield lies the history of a warrior. He who fought for bravery, honor and greatness! Carrying these with you as you enter the tournament, or simply sparing, shall give you the push you need!" the woman didn't skip a beat in her cheer, her endless mantra unimpeded by the man's simple question. "But remember, you must honor the ancient spirits well, they only help those who help themselves folks! Be strong! Be brave! Be cunning! Fight! Win! That shall be your future with this in hand! Don't let some fool get the better of you! Lady luck shall be on your side!" She kept the ball rolling as her hands quickly exchanged currency with roughly about 5 people, one of which with a child with his father.

The father seemed incredulous, but the boy was outright enchanted by her words. 

Of course she was selling essentially what she found in the bottom of her barrel, but if anything it might help some folks. Peace of mind is peace of body right? With that said the guy was still there as she got through the five people she managed to convince, perhaps she should talk to him more before he gets all uppity that she's still selling her wares?

Seriously, it's always somebody. 

Had to get all up in her face about "Is this real?" or "Are you telling the truth?" thinking she was just trying to pawn off a quick cheap piece of trash- ancient artifact or two. Sure, not all of them look to great but each one carried history within! The power of reminding one's self of the old days, to learn from the mistakes of the past, that's where the true power lies! 

If people couldn't see that, well, at least they're pretty.

Also it's a pretty good conversation starter, depending on the conversation, won't be impressing any ladies here with just a talisman. unless... thats the "thing" around here, not likely since she still had stock to sell. 

"So? You gona stand there and look like a gentleman or are you going to buy something?" she asked the man who seemed to be floating about for the moment.

"I do have more than these if that's what you want. I happened to pull a nice old vase in my last expedition, a little polish and it'd look quick nice. or are you worried I might say it's possessed by a warrior spirit or something." The red haired woman flashed him a cat-like grin before dragging the moderately sized vase out in the open. It showed it's years in some places by small cracks and weathering but it still showed some of it's ancient beauty through several old faded paintings upon the side. Eliza was no artist so remaking the old paintings wouldn't be her job but if polished and cleaned up it could make quite a nice piece. 

"You been in town awhile?" Eliza asked the man, giving a moment to watch the people examine her goods before they walked off without buying anything. Their not for everyone really, so long as they don't get their sticky fingers upon her crap it's fine. 

Kum Liadej

Mood: Sorry

Time: 10.15AM

Tag: @Orikanyo

"I just arrived and decided to explore the city. It's very crowded, isn't it? All thanks to the tournament." Kum hovered above the red head's goods. They looked old and normal to him, exotic items with beauty and no powers. The vase that the red haired girl pulled out caught his attention, especially after what she just said.

"Oh, I will buy all of your items here if you can show proof that whatever you are saying is true. What about breaking the old vase and get the warrior spirit to appear before us?" Kum offered, a sly smile appearing on his face. This red head is smart, she'll understand what he meant and what he's trying to say by that. Kum is a nice guy, he always is. He worked with criminals and lied to people too at times, so he understood what the red head is trying to do here. Everyone's gotta find a way to earn money and eat, after all. The more he thinks, the more Kum feels bad for challenging the girl. Maybe he shouldn't, but a Liadej should not take back what they just said. Both the offer and challenge, if the red head managed to outsmart him somehow he'll buy everything including her stool, cart and mule too if she allowed him.

"As a bonus, I'll invite you for a lunch or dinner- you choose, at the Golden Tree inn." Kum added, in his mind thinking that he will have to explain to Lon that he is not cheating on his wife in anyway. "There you can tell me the story of your expeditions. About the cave you entered and the people you met, the forest you cut through and the mountain you climbed" 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread