Experiences Awesome Lines

Roleplay Type(s)
Have you come across a line/passage that made you misty eyed? Doubled you over with laughter? Blew your mind with its profundity, character insight, symbolism, or wit?

This is a thread to celebrate the creativity of our fellow roleplayers.

You don't have to use the below skeleton if you don't want to, and passages from private 1x1s are as welcome as those from public postings. Although it would be nice to see the brilliant mind receive their proper credit, feel free to keep it anonymous - but please do consider praising the author personally at the least! It could make their day. 🙂

Code:
[b]From:[/b] (Link to roleplay)
[b]By:[/b] (Player who wrote it)
[b]Passage:[/b]

[b]Comments:[/b] (Why do you like it?)

Last edited:
By: A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie :P
Passage: Crask straightened, almost decisively. She might have spoken better, and she might have stood taller, but his tusks were bigger.

Comments: A snippet of character building that stuck with me. Crask was a well written character all round, but I particularly enjoyed seeing how he integrated orc standards and principles into his perceptions of the world.

By: SolarRose SolarRose
Passage: Her left hand tightened around the rim of the tambourine as she started to shake it. Then gave it a solid slap against her hip. Flames formed around her right hand as she skipped forwards, like she was going into battle. "Troll." Umi sang out as she spun then skipped forward once more. A lance of flames seemed to form in her right hand as she played her tambourine. Using more like a drum than anything. The word troll was shouted a few times. Like a starved person who's found a source of meat for the first time in days. There was nothing sweet or pleasant about the way she said that one word.

Comment: The scene left me in stitches. I enjoy imagery that contrasts the general disposition of the character. Never seen a bard describing their spells in such a way, haha.

Last edited:
By: A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie :P
Passage: Crask straightened, almost decisively. She might have spoken better, and she might have stood taller, but his tusks were bigger.

Comments: A snippet of character building that stuck with me. Crask was a well written character all round, but I particularly enjoyed seeing how he integrated orc standards and principles into his perceptions of the world.
Oh, thank you! ^^

By: SolarRose
Passage: Her left hand tightened around the rim of the tambourine as she started to shake it. Then gave it a solid slap against her hip. Flames formed around her right hand as she skipped forwards, like she was going into battle. "Troll." Umi sang out as she spun then skipped forward once more. A lance of flames seemed to form in her right hand as she played her tambourine. Using more like a drum than anything. The word troll was shouted a few times. Like a starved person who's found a source of meat for the first time in days. There was nothing sweet or pleasant about the way she said that one word.

Comment: The scene left me in stitches. I enjoy imagery that contrasts the general disposition of the character. Never seen a bard describing their spells in such a way, haha.

How fun!

This one comes from off site and is hidden to anyone who isn't an approved member there, so I can't provide a link or a name. To provide the setup...

"Many shapes had filled the doors of the Yawning Portal, and to justify a roaring "but" after the comma here surely would've meant that something great had arrived. This wasn't the case. This wasn't such a shape, not a great shape. But, pardon the but here, it was a shape that had a minor "but" in it, even in this hall of mighty adventures and great legends. And that justified "but" was the shape indeed."

Here's passage #1:

"Dac was suddenly very aware that he was seen, and he was being judged, weighed, and probably found not-quite-as-interesting-as-say-perhaps-a-proper-protagonist-would've-looked-like, by the indifferent poly-chrome crowd.

Diminished from a glorious shape at the door into a mere obstacle, Dac Downriver stepped in with a cough, a whistle, and unclogged the passage."

This is a D&D game. I enjoy the tongue-in-cheek character insight and nod to the fact that the heroes indeed are not very special right now, seeing that they're starting at level 1.

And then line #2!

"He sat down like a battleship took dock."

The imagery makes me laugh. This line was posted over two months ago, but it has stuck with me.

By: Lost Echo Lost Echo
Passage: 'She turned to look at the glaring white-haired woman, an eyebrow raised, You deal with this regularly? How haven’t you stabbed him?'
and also
'She gave a glance over to the long-lost lovers (or something) and grimaced as they crossed from mushy into full-fledged sogginess.'

Comments: Aenwyn is the most gloriously grumpy character ever xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back