• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers Academy OOC

That might work @Scatterbrain we still have some of the main movie characters open, for those who know the movies. Cap/Steve is open, Loki, Thor, and a bunch of good characters. Maybe if we made a list of popular open characters it would help people see getting a character as an easier choice.

been busy for a few days but check out Kate's official look for the game this roleplay is based on

aa_post_master.jpg

Hey, I managed to get my life back into control, and I was wondering if I could rejoin. I can make a new character if necessary.

Yay, welcome back! We just ended an event and started a new scene so it's a perfect time to jump back into the swing of things! : ) No one's taken Kaine/Scarlet Spider, so I'm sure you can keep him unless you want a new character?

I'm currently trying to persuade a friend of mine to join this since she's also a fan of Marvel. She agreed on joining btw. Apparently she's looking for a character atm.

Thank you ^_^  that's good to hear

Sorry, I've been meaning to jump back in I've just been super busy!! I will try to write a post in the next few days

Glad to have you back

been busy for a few days but check out Kate's official look for the game this roleplay is based on

Sure feel free to post when you get the chance

Hey, I managed to get my life back into control, and I was wondering if I could rejoin. I can make a new character if necessary.

Kaine's still yours but if you want to make another character as well feel free.

@Twist Sorry, I don't know anyone either. I do have kind of a radical idea though. We could try moving this to hosted projects. We're not exactly doing anything major at the moment, just eating breakfast so it would allow people to sort of just jump in and I've found most people just look at Hosted Projects for RPG's so it might drum up more people. It's just a suggestion so don't feel you need to take it too seriously.

That might work, if everyone was for it then I'd probably start setting that up but it may involve restarting the whole  RPG but, again, if everyone was cool with it I could just start it from after the Event with a brief synopsis and stuff. Oh and everyone would have dibs on their characters still unless they wanted to change, I might make returnees like prefects or something  :smile5:

That might work, if everyone was for it then I'd probably start setting that up but it may involve restarting the whole  RPG but, again, if everyone was cool with it I could just start it from after the Event with a brief synopsis and stuff. Oh and everyone would have dibs on their characters still unless they wanted to change, I might make returnees like prefects or something

I don't think that would be a big problem. We can start with the current scene of people meeting for breakfast... 

We could also repost our CS on the hosted project so people know which characters are already taken? Just my personal opinion but I would say the people who won't repost their character sheets are out of the roleplaying and if someone chooses to play a "taken"character it's theirs?

@Jessy753 Yeah, so it gets other people back or newbies interested. I would probably allow you to claim guys in the OOC first (depending).

On another note, I think some people left as they didn't have anything planned for their characters so I might add something like quest lines into the character sheet where you write a brief synopsis on what you character wants to do at the Academy a.k.a Natasha want's to uncover Nick Fury's secrets, Bucky wants to find Cap, that sorta of thing so you use your studies to further that as well as your hangouts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jessy753 Yeah, so it gets other people back or newbies interested. I would probably allow you to claim guys in the OOC first (depending).

On another note, I think some people left as they didn't have anything planned for their characters so I might add something like quest lines into the character sheet where you write a brief synopsis on what you character wants to do at the Academy a.k.a Natasha want's to uncover Nick Fury's secrets, Bucky wants to find Cap, that sorta of thing so you use your studies to further that as well as your hangouts. 

I'm not entirely sure on that one but you need to be part of the Hosted Project in order to be able to post in it? So perhaps as soon as people request to be part of it, you could ask them via. PM who they want to claim..?

That might be a good idea : ) I mean you still can hide those character sheets, if people didn't join within a two weeks or so. So those "taken" characters appear to still be open. 'Cause sometimes main quests change... At least that happened for me as soon as Bucky joined in and I got some other ideas on what to do with Tasha and Tony.

It honestly might be better to restart the Rp just because when people join on they seem to feel lost in the ten pages we've all already done even if they don't need to read through it. At least that seems to be what it is, so maybe a fresh start would encourage people to jump in. I agree with @Scatterbrain about having it start with the orientation breakfast, it could easily be a first day of classes sort of thing and the stuff we already did can be for 'early' students who arrived before their first day? Probably that detail isn't important but still!

Oh @Twist that is a really good idea!! Maybe you can have a section of other characters in the Rp they know canon-ly, like how Bucky knows Cap, Kate would know Clint, Hulk would know Joe/Grey Hulk, Tony knows Pepper, ect so that people would be able to have a start or a place to start with characters as well as the quest lines. That could be way too complicated though! I'm sure that's all stuff we can make an effort to discuss on the character sheets or in the OOC for new people coming in so they stick around and we can build plots off of it @Jessy753 is saying.

Hosted Projects should work though because once they request to join you just send them a link and they accept, then they can look through our character sheets so know who is taken and we can have a master list like @Twist did on the one we have now. Then even if the character sheet was put through but no one posted as them we can always easily change it on the master list for newcomers : )

@Twist Moving the game to hosted projects sounds good to me; it'll definitely attract more players which we could definitely use. As for how we treat the events of the current RP, I agree that it'll probably work to assume that it happened before most of the students arrived, since I don't really have any other ideas but maybe someone else does?

At the moment, I don't have any joint plans for my character. I'm open to establishing something with someone if that's something that interests them.

I'm fine with a restart and some questlines could be fun but it better not be saving Clint from his ex-girlfriends because those girls are scary spies 

hawkeye8.jpg

@Nubian_Legend sounds good! We have everyone at breakfast so you could have the black panther sit down with them and start up a convo and see where that leads : ) Joe/Grey Hulk is taking on challengers in the War Arena, so that could be something the T'Challa is interested in. 

@Scatterbrain any idea on a quest line? Do quest lines sound like a good idea.

@Twist I like the idea of quest lines for characters. It gives people something to do when their not interacting with others. I'm struggling to think of ones for my character's though at the moment but just for some clarification in regards to using studies for quests. 

That's say Joe's quest is to eliminate the competition in Las Vegas for example, so first he would go to Stark Tower to research the competition. Next he would go to Club A to practice being incognito.Then he would go to the Robo Dojo to practice his moves followed by the Blasting Range to make sure his guns are functioning properly before finally going to the Bifrost to travel to Las Vegas. Is that about right or do

you mean something else?

Joe/Grey Hulk is taking on challengers in the War Arena, so that could be something the T'Challa is interested in. 

@FarFlungDreamer @Nubian_Legend Joe would be more than happy if T'Challa wanted to participate. The more challengers the better.

Clint is always getting himself in trouble. Oh who is the third girl? @Ilikepie

@FarFlungDreamer From left to right: Natasha Romanov AKA Black Widow, Bobbi Morse AKA Mockingbird then Jessica Drew AKA Spider-Woman. Apologies if I'm stealing your thunder @Ilikepie.

The other two I know of course I love me some Black Widow and Mockingbird. Ahh, Spider-Woman, there we go. I couldn't tell from the comic strip (and I don't read much with her in it) You know if we all need me to, I've played Clint before in Rp's, but honestly I'm not sure how canon accurate he is besides the research I've done and couple of early early comics of his I read. I don't think we really need him in here since Kate is here and he's sort of off in the background for her but if we needed him to pop in for anything with a character just let me know! : ) Plus he's a good character to leave open for others! 

@Twist If you're going to move this to Hosted Projects do you want us to keep posting in the RP for the time being or shall we wait until the big move?

@Twist If you're going to move this to Hosted Projects do you want us to keep posting in the RP for the time being or shall we wait until the big move?

Keep posting, just in case. We can always move them to the new one. And about quests, practically what you said but not as easy as most people might think by what you suggest. I'm also going to add the Quinjet Hangar to the Academy so people can off Campus for Events or for their quest lines when needed but i'm only going to allow a few people to leave at a time with them. Everyone cool with that?

Argh.....turns out I came back at the worst possible time. I'm going to need to wait on making my return here. I'm terribly sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back