• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avengers Academy (Always open for new students)

‘Great,’ He grumbled internally. What the hell sort of thing was this guy anyways? He ignored his thoughts, and found himself fall into a different mindset. Only a foot or so taller than him, but at least three times his width. Raw power alone would knock him out if he landed an attack. Clearly he wasn’t afraid of his gun, or he was heroic, Bucky could imagine Steve stepping in front of someone without a thought. 

His arms were at least that on their own. If he had charged he could have likely moved quicker and get around him to his target… but… his gaze wavered momentarily. No, it wouldn’t work, because he wasn’t trying to kill Potts and the man(?) would be able to counter before he’d get to her whereas a bullet would be quick enough for that tactic.

It wasn’t the case here…

Chase did the work for him, though, and Bucky felt relieved. The place his thoughts went… were still going now as he assessed everyone in the room and their exit strategy. Bucky knew they weren’t right, but in this situation, he couldn’t turn it off.

"Ol' whats his name, saving the day again,”

Ol what's his name... that was more accurate than Chase could know it to be. So many names… so many agenda’s pulling at his focus right now. Not to kill anyone. To be efficient instead. Force. No force… he was at war, and he felt relief again that he had another set up hands next to him to help him get them out.

He decided to change the aim of his gun away from the behemoth who had the woman in charge behind him to the other female. He couldn’t protect two at once, and it would give him leverage if they needed it. Bucky realized quickly that the way he thought in these situations, didn’t work when he wouldn’t let himself kill anyone here. It left him feeling all the more vulnerable. 

Then there was the little one. It was fortunate these people weren’t hostile. If they were… like those chasing the bunch, then there would be more than trouble. Would he fire, then? Bucky wondered if he would or not. Every instinct raced through his body and urged him to. Ever since he snuck through the room above and came down here ready to fight. It sung through him, willing him to fight the way his mind told him to.

He watched the girl out of the corner of his vision, wishing he knew what to say to convince her to come here. But he couldn’t possibly begin to imagine what that would be. His eyebrow popped up as Chase gave him. His cold gaze dropped to the nudge and he felt that pull again.

The pull to end every threat in the room as best he could. The urge to not lower that gun but jump into action instead. Bucky’s eyes squeezed shut, very quickly, and he pushed against it and practically forced his still rigid arm to lower. He didn’t take his finger off the top of the gun’s trigger though, his finger ready to slip against it at any sign of ill will.

They weren’t a threat, anyways. He knew that… Bucky watched Chase with a hint of disapproval in his eyes. That seat was not a good vantage point and he was spreading them out again, when they should stay tight and near the door for an exit.

All the same, Bucky didn’t move, and his eyes didn’t rest from glancing over everyone in the room. The female he’d aimed at earlier spoke, now, and Bucky wondered if she worked for Fury, and an earpiece or something. Instead she explained and then his muscles instantly tighter in response to having said message pressed into his mind.

Yeah, he really wasn’t fan of that. But he glanced to Chase for his reaction, he would know if it were indeed he and the groups parents.

Kate - Hawkeye

Kate watches the situation silently with a mean  glare towards Chase. Flashback back when Chase destroyed the windows on his big entrance into Club A he also destroyed a table of food end flashback. All that poor food killed before I could eat it and now there is nothing I can bring back for Lucky. Come on Kate clam down he likely didn't know about the food. Kate pinches herself in an attempt to force herself to stop thinking about all the poor food that died before it could be eaten.

(sorry about the short post but Kate has been thinking about the food that was lost for the last few posts)

Selene

Even before she'd had a chance to enjoy the alcohol or respond to the spy all hell broke loose. The initial crash startled another spell out of her. 

"Invisibilia!" Selene shouted, and she disappeared from sight. Having spoken to Natasha about invisibility, naturally it was the first thing to pop out of her reflexes. And she was glad to be hidden away, to watch and hopefully stay out of the fray. She was certainly not as proficient with her magic as some of these characters, and if she had to rely on a fluke to protect herself than so be it.

Hoping her invisibility would last if any more fights broke out, she made her way to the doors to leave Club A, bumping into people on her way out but not caring. Hell, she didn't care if she would be labeled a coward for fleeing, it was better than screwing something up badly with how little she could control what came out of her mouth.

Rictor

Rictor yelped as what looked like a ghost flung past him, not recognizing the magician student. @Mathias No Bias Had the ghost gone through him!? He thought patting himself before doing a catholic prayer and crossing himself.

"I thought this was supposed to be a party, not a seance." He said, voice still high pitched as he took in the sight of the broken tables and strewn foods. It looked like Pepper was already on the heels of the trouble makers, taking them down into the basement, to Rictors relief. The young woman said, anyone not involved could stay at the party so Rictor patted Tony on the shoulder. "Looks like they got started without us, amigo." @Jessy753

Either the party would continue without incident or it would be canceled, either way was good in his book. 

Janet, still eating her food, swayed to the beats of the music playing. She'd have to thank Gwen for getting her so into this music. Then. she noticed Kaine coming up to her and she smiled at him. She hoped he had grown more used to the partying idea. However, the look on his face said otherwise and Janet started to become a bit worried. Had her mission to prove that partying could be for everyone failed? Once he came up to her and told her about it, she realized she was correct. Instead of getting down about it, she put on her usual bright smile. "Don't worry about it!" she told him. "At least you tried, right?" After she told him that, she hugged him and told him that she hoped to see him soon.

Julia (Club A)

Julia had just recovered from her vision when she saw Rictor walk through the doors with another student. "Finally!" she thought to herself, she could get things patch up with Rictor and really begin to let loose and enjoy the party. As she made her made towards him she narrowly avoided being knocked over by one of her fellow students.

Just as she was about to speak up and try and catch Rictor's attention, she could hear a voice coming from inside her head. A fellow telepath? "Julia, I think someone's planning to attack," Julia recognised the voice from the confrontation that happened earlier but didn't know the person's name. "You picking anything up?Julia was unsure of whether or not she could trust her fellow psychic but she had gone out of her way to defuse the situation earlier so she decided to give her the benefit of the doubt besides why would she be warning them if she had anything to do with it. "Yeah, I had a vision earlier. Two groups were descending on the campus. One in green and yellow and the other dressed in plain clothes." she replied. "This could be bad. Try to warn the others."  Julia's vision's weren't always accurate but if someone else sensed something was wrong too, she couldn't ignore it. 

"Everyone can I have your attention please!" Julia exclaimed loudly. "We believe there may be an attack on the campus at any minute. So it's probably best that everyone returns to their dorms..." Julia paused and looked over the room. "...But if you want to stay, best get ready for a fight."

@NJN25, @ScatteredStars@myvalentina @Jessy753@Mathias No Bias@TaleekXD @slachance6@Yoshiro@DavidRanger318@Ilikepie

Last edited by a moderator:
He turned around to see the owner of the suit. "Oh, I was stopping a walking tank, Destructo I think his name was...from overrunning this place a while back with my dad, the original punisher. We couldn't do it on our own, so, we uh...borrowed them. Once we're done with this fiasco I'll give it back. Fair? And I'm sorry for not asking."

@Jessy753

@Twist

@FarFlungDreamer

@Scatterbrain

He glared at the newcomer with the bottom half of his face covered with a black mask and a metal arm, then to Chase He tensed when he turned his gun to Molly, then relaxed as he lowered it immediately. He was ready to jump, in case action started again. At least Joe had stopped him from hurting anybody.

You've gotta be kidding me. Another fight?  Is this some orientation day stuff Fury had planned. I swear, when I get my hands on Peter....

Kaine's attention focused on the girl who was shouting out orders. As much as authority figures bugged him (and oh lord how they bugged him), she was overall much more pleasing on the eyes and ears. Damn it, why is every girl in this damn place really hot? I already have trouble with women enough, but girls with looks like those? That's an entirely different problem. God this school might really suck. His Spidey Sense went off, as if some danger was coming up fast. So she's telling the truth. Not that I had my doubts or anything, it just bothered me how long it took for my Sense to kick in. With the room preparing itself, he found no way to sneak back into his suit. Bathroom break! Kaine hustled over into the men's bathroom, where he stripped back into his Scarlet Spider suit. He shot his webs onto the ceiling, with his backpack in it, free from harm. The door opened, and out popped the Scarlet Spider.

Scarlet_Spider_(Ben)_(Earth-12041)_from_Ultimate_Spider-Man_Season_4_001.png

Lucky - Pizza Dog (this post contains translated animal speak and may not be canon to events of the roleplay)

Meanwhile in Kate's dorm room, Lucky was laying on the floor. When is Kate getting back? Where is Clint? Wait what's that weird smell? Lucky looks around the dorm room and figures out it's not coming from the room. Lucky tries to through the door but fails because dogs can't open doors. Lucky notices that the window is open and then jumps on the more arrows box followed by the even more arrows box before jumping out the window landing is a soft bush. The smell is going from that direction. Lucky slowly follows the smell off the academy grounds.

Lucky bumps into a deinonychus and after seeing the big dinosaur he growls at it to defend himself. The dinosaur  starts to open it's mouth causing Lucky to jump back. "I've lost track of my humans have you seen them?" the dinosaur says. Lucky looks back confused that the big scary creature doesn't want to hurt him. "I've seen a lot of humans around can describe what they smell like?" Lucky responds. Dinosaur looks at Lucky unsure about how to describe her friends. "My humans call me Old Lace or OL" "Guess I'll just have to search for humans that have your scent on them. My humans call me Lucky by the way". Lucky smells Old Lace completely forgetting about the scent he was originally searching for to help Old Lace find her humans. Lucky begins to smell around with Old Lace following him everywhere he goes and the two of them are kind of surprised that there is no other humans in the area and no cars driving around.

"I think I found one of your humans this way" Lucky and Old Lace begin to run but Lucky begins to smell the smell he following earlier and it seems to closer to the two of them. Lucky hears a loud sound and stops then moments later Devil Dinosaur appears. "Friend of yours?" Lucky asks. "Nope never seen him before" Old Lace says a little scared. Devil Dinosaur whips his tail at our two animal heroes but lucky they manage to jump out of the way just in time. "Hungry!!!!" Devil Dinosaur roars. Lucky and Old Lace begin to run away from the giant hungry dinosaur that wants to eat them but Devil Dinosaur begins to chase after them. "You distract it while I search for some food" Lucky says while he runs towards a dumpster. Old Lace stops running away and charges towards Devil Dinosaur. Devil Dinosaur tries to bite off Old Lace's head but Old Lace manages to dodge it by quickly jumping to the right and then begins to scratch at Devil's side. Lucky manages to find a pizza box with  a  single slice of pizza left. Old Lace gets hit by Devil's tail and is knocked back behind some trash cans but before Devil can go in for the kill Lucky arrives with the slice of pizza. Lucky puts the slice on the ground in front of Devil.

Devil Dinosaur bends down and eats the slice of pizza as Lucky backs away. Devil begins to try to eat Lucky in a single bite but out of nowhere an explosive tip arrow hits Devil knocking him away from Lucky. "Seriously Clint that dog of yours might be even more reckless then you are" a human woman says. "My reckless is why you like me. Lucky come here boy" a male human says. Yay yay it's Clint I missed him so much. Lucky begins to run over to Clint but then remembers he was helping Old Lace find her humans. Lucky stops running and then points to his head to the direction where Old Lace's humans are before continuing to run towards Clint. The woman jumps into the air towards Devil while Clint supports her by hitting Devil with cryo arrows to slow down the cold blooded dinosaur. The woman hits Devil with her dual batons knocking him down and the moment Devil hits the ground Clint jumps up and fires multiple adamantium cable arrows to lock the dinosaur to the ground. Clint pulls out a shield communication device and then says "this is Agent Barton and Agent Morse we are going to need a team to pick up a dinosaur and return it to the savage land".         

"Seriously Clint first you oversleep on the first day of your new shield assignment forcing me to have to be one to wake you up and then you end up getting us in a fight with a dinosaur" agent Morse says angrily at Clint. "Come on Bobbi it could of been worse" Clint says. "How?" Bobbi responds quickly. Clint pauses for a moment unsure of what to say and in that moment Old Lace thanks Lucky and returns to one of the runaways while Clint and Bobbi are distracted with each other. "Lucky lets return you to Kate's room before she realizes you got out so she doesn't punish you" Clint says while ignoring Bobbi's question. "Clint are you really going to leave me on dinosaur watch duty while you walk the dog?" Bobbi says while really annoyed at Clint. Clint quickly pulls out a leash putting on Lucky and then quickly begins to run towards the academy. Clint uses the master key to dorm rooms to open Kate's room. Clint quickly goes over to the window to close it so Lucky doesn't get out again. "Lucky I'm going to need you to protect Kate but don't worry I'll be around to visit once in awhile" Clint says as he pets Lucky before leaving the dorm room and locking the door behind him.                                                                                                                                     

Lucky then takes a nap and then after the nap he wonders if his entire adventure was a dream or not.                                                          

Rictor

Rictor heard Julia clearly from across the room and his stomach flipped. He caught himself as he half hid behind Tony, but cleared his throat and instead pretended to take the alert as cooly as possible. "Oh man, more trouble, huh? Guess we should, uh show off some moves." He said, swallowing thickly as he stretched his sore arms out. He'd couldn't be any help, could he? Not after the energy he exerted in Shield HQ, but he'd shown his damn face already. He couldn't back out now. 

But Rictor sighed, dropping his arms from the stupid flexing he was trying to pull off. He'd never forgive himself if he'd been able to stop someone from getting hurt and he let his damn personality get in his way. So he took a deep breath and shook whatever nerves or pride he could from his body and went to find a seat. He'd need to rest as much as he could before any fighting actually started. 

Rictor knew catching Julia's eye was impossible so he outwardly starred in her direction, doing his best to not actively avoid or confront her. She was probably still mad, and Rictor was still very embarrassed. Instead he found a chair and started picking up his long hair into a messy ponytail. @Scatterbrain

Selene

The amnesiac was quick to leave Club A, still cloaked in invisibility, but Selene's shadow flickered into sight on the moon lit ground behind her. It was a clear indication of the tenuous hold she had on the magic, but it wasn't what was troubling her the most. She was feeling lightheaded from the magic use. She was feeling hungry. 

Selene was brought out of her throats by the sounds of voices she didn't immediately recognize. Granted she'd skipped the orientation so maybe they could be students she hadn't met, but she had a strong feeling that if they were new people then they were tied to the new kids that had crashed the party. And all at once her invisibility dropped. @Twist 

"That definitely sounds like our parents" said Chase, shaking his head in dismay. "Any chance you saw my friends with them?

Sersi shook her head "Well that's probably a good thing then, it means they may just be on to me and Bruiser" He paused for a moment to think before simply stating "Well who wants to help me kick my parents ass?"

"Hold it!" yelled Pepper as she walked up to Chase "No one is going to do anything of the sort!. I'm going to go up there and have a look around, see if anyone's there. If there is I'll deal with them."

She turned and headed up the stairs, stopping at the door. "But if something goes wrong though, then feel free to kick their butts" she smiled, before disappearing from view.

Minutes later, the reliable red head was at the gates as were a few others who seemed to be waiting. They were obviously adults so they were probably the so called "Pride" but they seemed normal, one of them was even wearing a Christmas jumper and antlers. Pepper was unsure of Talkback's story now but still the whole situation didn't feel right so she approached the gate mindfully.

"Hi, what can I do you?" asked Pepper, cheerfully

"Have you seen our children!?" asked a brown haired woman, holding the scarf round her neck tightly. "Our little girl has gone...."

The man next to held her close, most likely her husband as they wore similar scarfs. "Shhhh... It's going to be okay dear"

"Hi, uh, hi..." Pepper watched as the skinny man pushed his way through the group, his antlers bobbing up and down  "We were wondering if you had seen our children?"

He pulled out a few pictures from his pocket, showing them through the gates. Pepper looked them over, noticing that Chase and Molly photo's were among them but some of them she didn't recognise. All the pictures seemed to be of happy times, birthdays, vacations, awards. Were these people really super villains?

"We just want them all home for Christmas.... If you know anything.. it would be really helpful"

Pepper was now totally unsure of the whole situation. She looked over the group of six before opening the gate. "I am so sorry to hear that. Please come in." Pepper motioned for them to enter. "I'm sure we can help you find them."

However the lovely liaison hadn't noticed two of the group, both wearing large black and red hooded jackets, staying back for a moment as if waiting for something before following her. She led the group towards Avengers Hall, so they could see Director Fury while she went off to decide what to do next as it was hard to decide who was telling the truth about the current events. Her foot stood on something, followed by a tiny yelp but she was too lost in thought to really pay attention as a footprint appeared in the snow beside her.  

Natasha Romanoff

Natasha heard Selene speak next to her. She turned around only to see her turn invisible. As much as she wished to have such a technology right now, she knew she had to stay. There was no way that she would turn down a fight. It would be a great opportunity for her to train. She hadn't sparred for some time so it would be a great training.

"From where are those people coming?", Natasha asked Julia as she seemed to know more than everyone else. She simply hoped one person wouldn't be there as she had no intentions on watching her back to not get caught or killed. Surely the Winter Soldier (or at least the person who had sounded like him) wasn't here to be friends with her. She needed to check her parameters carefully if she wanted to live. "And what do they want?", she asked the girl walking up to her through the crowd and continued "We should know as much as possible if we plan to fight them. Every little detail could be used for advantage!" @Scatterbrain @FarFlungDreamer

Tony Stark

"Yeah, we're too late.", Tony agreed disappointed. He would've loved to be part of the party but it seemed to come sooner to an end than expected. "Dammit we were supposed to be fashionably late not way too late.", Tony cursed and crinkled his mouth as he looked at Rictor. "At least there's food left.", the billionaire mumbled to himself about the only upside to this whole fiasco of being late. Had that party been good or boring?, Tony wondered looking around at all the other students. @myvalentina

He turned back to the other boy with small eyes. "So you're saying you stole my freaking suit?", he asked trying to stay calm. No-one touched his things without asking especially not his suits. Those were his babies and that idiot had no idea what bad things might happen if his technology might get into the hands of the wrong people. This technology could start and end world wars within seconds. Nothing to be worn by stupid teenagers - except for Tony of course. It was his invention after all.  @DavidRanger318

Even before Julia had warned about the possibility of an attack, Logan knew that something was wrong. Something more than these two rowdy kids. He could almost smell incoming danger, but he couldn't quite explain it. It was like some kind of sixth sense, a warning that he'd become better and better at noticing. So hearing someone else agree that something was wrong only confirmed his suspicions.

"I'm gonna go scout this place out, see if I can find anyone," he told the group as he leaped out the broken window. He wasn't planning on having anyone else following him. No one was immediately visible, so he decided to climb to the top of the Avengers Dorm to get a better view. This would be easier for him than most people since he could see moderately well in the dark. It took him a minute to look around, but eventually he caught a couple of figures in the corner of his eye. They were pretty far away, across the park, so he couldn't discern anything about them other than that they were probably human. Sneaking behind buildings and attempting not to make a sound, he crept toward the figures.

By the time Logan arrived at the general area, he couldn't find anyone. Hiding behind an alcove, he waited and listened for about a minute until he heard footsteps in the snow. Turning and looking around, he saw something truly bizarre: less than thirty feet or so away, footprints were appearing out of nowhere, by some unseen force. Logan's only guess was that it was an invisible person, since he was also picking up a human scent. He's never known invisibility to exist, but since he was at a superhero school, he wouldn't be too surprised if someone here could do it. He watched in the shadows for another minute. He could also hear multiple voices from behind another building, but couldn't tell what they were saying.

Suddenly, the invisible person revealed herself, and Logan almost unleashed his claws but barely stopped himself when he realized that it was just one of the girls from the party. Logan still decided not to reveal himself, and keep watching. He'd been betrayed and tricked enough times to be suspicious that she might be helping whoever was attacking. He hoped that she hadn't noticed him yet. 

@myvalentina

Julia (Club A)

Most of the students had remained in the club, just as Julia expected, there were all heroes after all. Well most of them anyway. A voice spoke up from the crowd. "From where are these people coming?" she said. Julia could sense the girl step forward and was about to attempt an answer when more questions came flying in her direction. "And what do they want? We should know as much as possible if we plan to fight them. Every little detail could be used for advantage!" Whoever it was really knew what they were talking about but sadly Julia had little information to give. "Ummm.. yeah. All good questions." Julia paused, scrambling to think of anything useful to say. "All I know is that the group..... or groups are dressed in plain clothes or in green and yellow uniforms."

She didn't need to be able to see to know that the room was most likely filled with looks of dismay and disbelief. She knew that her lack of any really useful information did little if anything to reassure the group. "This is Julia again. Please tell me you found out something useful? I'm kinda on the spot out here and everyone is looking to me for answers that I just don't have." Julia thought hoping that her fellow telepath would pick up and prevent her from embarrassing herself further.

@Jessy753 @myvalentina @slachance6 @Yoshiro 

Sersi heard Julia's response soon after Pepper left. "I think we should join you upstairs," she replied. "Maybe we could assess the situation and defend better if we were all together. I'm no expert strategist, but I can certainly attract the crowd's attention if that's what you need."

"I'm going upstairs," she told the group in the basement as she began to leave. "You guys should come with me".

Then she addressed Chase individually. "And I hope you're not stupid enough to try and resist again. There's, like, ten of us at least and two of you," she said with heavy sarcasm and a hint of flirtation to keep him interested. She expected him to play along, given that he had obviously fallen for her charms, but she was ready to restrain him if necessary.

"Hey everyone," Sersi announced as she entered the ground floor of Club A. All eyes quickly turned towards her. "So Julia and I have both been getting telepathic warnings that people are trying to attack. We aren't quite sure exactly who or where they are, but we think they're from some group called the Pride." A few students nodded and made comments, but most weren't sure who they were.

"Whatever exactly is happening, be ready for a fight," she continued. Half of the students were scared and half were excited. Sersi was definitely on the "excited" side. "Anyone have any ideas or strategies?"

@Twist @Scatterbrain @Jessy753 @DavidRanger318 @myvalentina @Mathias No Bias @TaleekXD @FarFlungDreamer @Yoshiro @Ilikepie

"Well who wants to help me kick my parents ass?"

Bucky gave Chase a disbelieving look. Really? That was his plan of attack? Only he and Molly here, the rest of his group separated... and he wanted to now fight these powerful parents they were actively running from. His right hand twisted into a fist and he had to push himself for patience. He was distracted by the woman, Potts, going back to taking charge.

They could use that, she could 'deal' with them, and make enough of a distraction.

Bucky let out a sigh, this wasn't a time he wanted to fight. 

One of the girl's in the room announced she was headed upstairs, and Bucky felt another break. Good, let them all clear out and not watch very closely. His eyes flashes to her as she threatened them and the fingers of his left hand flexed around the gun he'd put away.  But with super powers involved, it made things more unpredictable, even if Chase and Molly were powerful in their own right too. If Molly would get into a fight instead of peaking into 'Santa's sleigh'.

"Chase," Bucky finally spoke. "We should take this chance to duck out, take Molly, and put distance between you and your parents. To regroup," He advised... but somehow he felt he already knew Chase might give him some resistance to this idea. Ugh... maybe he should have just left and not tried to rescue these two. Clearly they didn't need it... well, if they fought their parents... they would need it.

Selene

Selene watched from her vanished state the interaction between Pepper and these so-called concerned parents. Her curiosity had gotten the better of her, her hunger to be more honest, so she walked closer but they were leaving before Selene had gotten into earshot. She huffed, her gaze focusing on the gates to the Academy.

That would solve her problems. She could just run out into the night and feed on some unsuspecting person roaming the night. And if she happened to drain them... She was too caught up in her own head to notice Pepper was coming back, the big footed girl stepping right on her big toe. 

She slapped her hands over her mouth, but it didn't stop some noise from coming out. If it wasn't for the faint feeling in her body she probably would have done something about it, but the lightheadedness hit her again. She wavered with every step she took the world doubling in front of her eyes. Selene wanted nothing more than for the spell to drop and with a wave of panic it did. With a gasp she took another step before dropping to her knees, breathing heavily and sweat glistening over her body. 

"F-- ugh." She growled. She'd waited too long and now she was too weak to do much of anything unless she fed. "There was a dog on campus..." She thought darkly, knowing any use of her power on a student could easily put her in a bad place with Director Fury. 

In a better state she might have sensed the other student watching her, but now she just struggled to get on her feet. Her eyes scanning the immediate area for a bird or squirrel to snatch up to regain her strength.

@slachance6

Rictor

Tony had mentioned food, but his stomach was too jumbled up from teenage emotions to be too hungry. "I.. ugh.. I'll pass." He said, shrugging. 

The girl in green instructed them next with what little info they had and cemented the fact that a fight was more than inevitable. Rictor frowned unsure if he could be of any use at all. He remembered the use of his powers the first time and again today at the lab, and he realized even the tiniest of vibrations could give him an idea of his surroundings. Maybe if he did that they wouldn't feel so in the dark.

Rictor took a knee and placed his hands on the ground. He said a small prayer in his head hoping he wouldn't overdo it and sent a pulse out through his hands. The place shook a little but as the vibrations bounced back he got a clearer view of the campus. 

"There are six people waiting at Avengers hall." He spoke up to the others, looking out at a distance as he tried to discern who were just personnel or students. "Two people are on the quad. And someone is coming back this way." He said, swallowing thickly as some people turned to listen to his frankly pretty useless information. 

@Scatterbrain @Jessy753 @FarFlungDreamer @DavidRanger318 @Mathias No Bias @TaleekXD @Yoshiro @Ilikepie

The director had been waiting, Pepper messaging him on her tablet as she went, and introduce himself. He led to the panicked parents into the Hall, giving Pepper a disgruntled look as to what was going on before disappearing inside with the group. Pepper herself stayed outside, planning to head back to the Club to hopefully get the truth from the Runaways or if they were telling the truth get back in time to tell the Director.

Meanwhile a figure loomed over the Quad, unbeknownst to the usually alert administrator as she went on her way, their shadow hidden in the darkness. Her heavy boots made a soft crunch in the snow as the black clad figure landed, resting the golden staff she carried to her side. Where are you Molly?

She looked around the Campus, holding her staff in front of her as if to help her by some magical means. I know she's here somewhere.

The goth like girl thought about calling for her but knew it was too risky. Now isn't the time to be hiding Molly so please come out.

Suddenly she felt something tugging on the end of her staff, as if something was trying to take it from her. She pulled back unsure if it was her doing it but it happened again and this time with more force. Something was trying to take the rod like relic from here. Before she could respond, something grabbed her from behind and lifted her into the air. She turned to see what was happening but couldn't see anything as she struggled against this unseen force. She kicked forwards, her buckled boots making a fine weapon in just such an event and she heard a groan and she knew her foot had connected. The other attack had began to squeeze her, trying to crush the life out of her and she knew she had to do something and quick. "Reveal!"

She cried.

And with that her staff let out mighty flash, blinding her attacker and allowing her to struggle free. Slowly their invisible forms began to appear as the sassy sorceress got to her feet. She looked them over as they recovered, seeing their red and black outfits and she knew then that they were sent by her parents. She would always remember those black and red heavy robes, those masks covering their faces, that look in their eyes on that faithful day she discovered who her parents truly were and these people were emulating them. She readied her staff as her opponents came at here once more.  

"Hey it's Nico!" shouted Chase, who had been watching from the small, crack like window in the VIP area, his legs dangling. "And she's in trouble!"

More and more people began to appear, some in similar outfits to Nico's attackers, others were wearing robes or were wielding futuristic weapons. The reckless rebel squeezed his way out the window and ran into the fray, leaving his companions in the basement.

"I wanna help too!" yelled Molly, jumping up towards the window to little effect. She turned to the only one left in the room, the Winter Soldier, and pleaded for help. "Come on, we gotta help them!"

@FarFlungDreamer, @TaleekXD@myvalentina, @slachance6

(Tagged them as their outside or nearby but everyone who wants to get involved, can get involved)

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)][SIZE= 20px]Natasha Romanoff[/COLOR][/SIZE]

"Green and yellow?", Natasha repeated and almost instantly tried to think of any organization that used those colours. Only Hydra and AIM came to her mind but they used only one colour and none of them combined. So she doubted the intruders belonged to any of those organizations. The redhead looked like there was a plan forming inside of her head. But she didn't attempt on sharing it. She was no team player after and none of them had proved to actually be trustworthy. If it was according to her all of them could be working for someone else. It seemed pretty easy to infiltrate Fury's Academy. The flying girl from earlier came back. Natasha didn't remember the name but she eyed her. "So can any of you two tell me where they're coming from?", she repeated her question towards the girls. @Scatterbrain @slachance6

She gazed over to the door and considered simply stepping out and to make investigations of her own. After all she was the Black Widow and a one woman army if needed. So being part of a group of potential newbies might be more chaotic than useful. She looked around at the different students and weighed out her chances without them and with them on her team.

Natasha looked surprised at the Mexican boy and listened closely. Why was there someone on his or her own? It seemed like the bigger threat than the actual group. [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"We should split up. The ones who think they can actually fight and be somewhat civilized will have to split and look for that one person coming our way as well as the group. If you think you can be quiet - come with me and the rest go to the Avengers Hall. The rest of you who cannot be any of the requirements: go home and be quiet!", [/COLOR]she spoke and seemed to take the leading role in this whole ordeal. @myvalentina @DavidRanger318 @Mathias No Bias @TaleekXD @Yoshiro @Ilikepie @Scatterbrain

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)][SIZE= 20px]Tony Stark[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Tony looked at the redheaded hottie who seemed to take the lead. He watched her fascinated until she mentioned that they needed to split. [COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]"I'll take the group with Rictor here!"[/COLOR], Tony exclaimed thinking it would give him a better opportunity to show off and gain some praise. He threw his arm around the boy in a friend like manner and grinned at him. Gosh he was getting excited to show off his suits. @myvalentina

Rictor

Tony's quick volunteer and arm around the shoulders caught him a bit off guard, but Rictor was soon nodding. "Ye--yeah, I'll do my best." He said, swallowing thickly.

Now he knew he could throw the seismic waves through air. If he just took the time to aim he might be able to knock people back. He'd just have to be careful with the power levels, he thought to himself, trying not to think too hard what a direct hit at close range might do to someone.

"Just... um... give me a wide berth. I'm still not too accurate with my powers." He warned Tony and anyone who was around to hear. The last thing he wanted was to hurt someone on his team. 

@Jessy753

And…. there Chase went again. Bucky let out a weary sigh, and put his gun away. He’d almost be angry with him except that his tenacity reminded him a lot of Steve… always running head first into a fight. Fortunately, Chase was a lot better at fights than Steve… or, better than Steve had been. When things were still normal.

He glanced down to his arm. That was a long time ago, though.

Bucky looked down at Molly, who wanted to help her friends, and smiled softly. He knew, too, that she could handle a fight.  He looked at the window she was jumping for and the staircase. 

“How am I supposed to fit through there?” He asked her with a shake of his head… maybe if he bent the window frame some…. no, he’d cause too much damage. “Alright, but you need to wait for me to get out okay?” Not that he thought she would, but he could try to say it. Just in case he didn’t fit and had to take the stairs. But the stairs meant possibly Steve, and he’d find a way through the window to avoid that. 

Bucky walked over to her, dropped his backpack on the ground, and picked her up by the waist so the small girl could wiggle her way through the window. She went through easily, but it took him a lot longer to twist around and get himself on his back so he could squeeze through the too small opening. It was definitely going to leave a mark.

It being Nico, it as rather easy to see her attacking, and much easier to see the many, many oncoming attackers. The Runaways weren’t kidding when they said it was better to run… Bucky shrugged off his jacket and left it near the window too, his arm reflecting the light from Nico’s attacks as he ran into the fray.

Bucky pulled out his knife rather than his gun, not knowing what he was up against and not wanting to hit anyone. Should be easy targets, though, considering they were all mostly wearing red robes with masks. He got up close to one that was coming sideways at Nico and pulled his left arm back to swing. His metal fist made contact with the side of the hood where the attackers head was and he gripped the knife to swing in and make non-lethal contact.

"I'll join the attack squad," Sersi replied, excited for a fight. "You two with me?" she asked Tony and Rictor. Tony and Bucky casually nodded.

"Just... um... give me a wide berth. I'm still not too accurate with my powers," Rictor replied nervously.

"Won't be a big deal. I'm sure it'll be the same for most of us." @myvalentina Sersi herself didn't have complete control of her abilities either; she was concerned that she could end up accidentally vaporizing something in her surroundings if she got too carried away. 

She then turned toward where Chase, Molly and Bucky were. In just a few seconds, they were already out the door, or more likely the window. Her telepathy detected them running across the park, on their way towards a group of unknown figures. "Well then," she said with disapproval, "I guess everyone who wants to fight, come with us now! I'm picking up a lot of them, we need all the help we can get."

She then levitated out the door and followed Chase and Bucky. Across the park, near the library and Pym's lab, were a group of figures that seemed to be fighting a girl with a giant glowing staff. There were probably more behind the buildings. "Nico"! Chase shouted from halfway across the park. Sersi smiled with confidence as she waited for the rest of the group. She wasn't scared at all; these thugs were armed with strange weapons, but didn't look too tough. She could probably take them all on herself, but she tried not to get too overconfident. She decided to let the others go by her side and see how tough they really were. "You guys ready? Let's go!"

@FarFlungDreamer@Jessy753@Twist@anyone else who wants to fight

Logan watched Selene for a few minutes until he noticed something possibly more important. Pepper, the woman who was talking to everyone about the whole situation, was speaking to a man and a woman that claimed to be Chase and Molly's parents. They seemed innocent enough, but that didn't mean much when he'd heard nothing but bad things about them. Logan wasn't dumb enough to believe it yet. He listened for another couple minutes until a feminine voice from his left shouted "Reveal"!

And all of a sudden, a group of people appeared out of nowhere, as if by magic. Most of them were wearing black and red, but besides that they were quite a motley crew. Some were armed with guns, some with blades, some with strange-looking energy weapons, and a couple were eight-foot tall mutated brutes fighting with nothing but their fists. Logan growled and unleashed his claws, but still peeked behind the alcove, not completely hidden but out of plain sight. The thugs targeted began to target this unknown girl first, who was raven-haired and dressed in black and carrying a golden staff. She was doing a decent job of fending off these guys with fireballs or something, but was quickly becoming overwhelmed. Logan had no real reason to fight yet, though, since he had no idea who this girl was.

Then, one of the attackers took aim at Logan with his pistol. It's on now, bub, he thought to himself. He rolled to the side, dodging the bullet by a split second, and jumped off the library wall towards the gunman, shouting, with claws first. They drove into his chest, causing him to scream in pain. Logan moved his claws away from each other, nearly slicing him clean in half with only his spine holding his dismembered, lifeless body together.

Another thug grazed Logan with a blade, which caught him by surprise but he was used to this level of pain, and it healed in just a couple of seconds. He punched the blade out of his hand and stabbed him under the jaw. Two guns aimed at him; he dodged both but ended up in the middle of two attackers. He successfully slashed at one, knocking him down, but soon found himself overwhelmed. He was backed into a corner with five attackers. He was disappointed in himself, but had to call for help. No one came in the first few seconds, and one attacker lunged at Logan with a blade that resembled a futuristic red-hot chainsaw.

Suddenly, someone stabbed the guy in the back. He was tough-looking, with a cybernetic arm and a knife. He might have been one of the newcomers. "Thanks," Logan said under his breath as he ran out of the corner.

@FarFlungDreamer

Director Fury had listened to most of the parents stories about their missing kids, seeing how emotional nearly all of them were. He was himself emotional but that was more of the anger that no one had told him that their was runaway children running around his academy than for the parents as he hadn't quite bought their story. Still he did trust his students to do the right thing while he kept the parents calm and under his watch. He looked at his watch as the parents sat/ stood around the room, Avengers Hall being rather cushy inside or at least the more visible, front of the building. "So when will we get to see our children?" asked one of the hooded parents

"Like I said, Mr Minoru, if your kids are here then we'll find them but are you sure their even here?" replied Nick.

"Well, it pains me and Victor to admit it but seeing how headstrong our boy is, we planted a tracking device on his phone, didn't we dear" interjected the short haired brunette, looking at her husband in the Christmas jumper.

"Yes Janet, but it was for safety I can assure you" he replied looking at the Director.

"And we would just know if our little Molly was nearby. We have a connection." stated Alice, one of the Hayes, her husband Gene's arm still around her.

The stoic school head looked at the Minoru's again but they remained silent. He checked his watch again before getting up and headed to the door. " I was hoping our administrator Pepper or someone would have come to see by now and inform me of what's going on but I'm sure it's about time to show you out and see the students. I'm sure they'll be happy to help"

Some of the parents smiled as they walked out of the door, happy that the Director believed them and was going to help but their smiles soon faded as they left the Hall to see the bodies and battle raging outside. "You don't think I know who you people are" said Fury, a wry smile on his lips "You think you can just walk into my school, try and trick me with your sad stories and just kidnap so hapless youths. How dumb do you think I am?"

Knowing the ploy had failed the parents revealed their true villainous nature, their disguises disappearing one by one. Robert Minoru's hand glimmered before a wisp of energy flew towards the Director who rolled out of the way disappearing into the shadows. "Damn!"

"Let him go Robert, we need to get our kids back before any more our minions fall!"

They quickly separated and receded into the battle. 

Julia (Club A)

"Green and yellow?" repeated her fellow red head. She paused briefly, most likely thinking on what Julia had said, before speaking again. "So can any of you two tell me where they're coming from?" she asked.

"I'm sorry." Julia replied. "My visions aren't very clear even at the best of times. They could be coming from anywhere."  

"There are six people waiting at Avengers hall." Rictor said. "Two people are on the quad. And someone is coming back this way." How did he know that? Julia thought to herself. She remembered their chat back at Avenger's Stadium, where they were discussing their powers. He's using his powers to sense them like I do. Julia smiled to herself. Very clever.

The redhead spoke up once more "We should split up. The ones who think they can actually fight and be somewhat civilised will have to split and look for that one person coming our way as well as the group. If you think you can be quiet - come with me and the rest go to the Avengers Hall. The rest of you who cannot be any of the requirements: go home and be quiet!".

"I'll take the group with Rictor here!" said one of the boys, wrapping his arm around Rictor.

"Ye--yeah, I'll do my best."

I'll join the attack squad," said the other telepath. "You two with me?" she asked looking at Rictor and the other boy. They nodded.

"Just... um... give me a wide berth. I'm still not too accurate with my powers," Rictor replied.

"Won't be a big deal. I'm sure it'll be the same for most of us." The telepath looked around the room, noticing that some of the others had already charged into the fray. "Well then," she said. "I guess everyone who wants to fight, come with us now! I'm picking up a lot of them, we need all the help we can get."

"I'll stay with you." Julia said looking at Natasha. "That way we can keep in touch with the attack team and my powers should help us avoid detection."

@slachance6 @myvalentina @Jessy753

Natasha Romanoff

Natasha listened to the other kids speak while she thought of what exactly to do. Most seemed to take the big fight with those intruders. But she had no interest in being part of an uncoordinated battle field. Especially as most students weren't apparently even able to control their talents properly. The thought made her roll eyes and she seemed even relieved over that. Everyone would be better off that way.

Surprised, Natasha turned to the girl. She seemed to want to follow her lead. She looked at her and wondered for a moment if she knew her name. Whatever knowing the name wouldn't help her win against those thugs. Her mind was already set on the goal instead of any social standards. "Okay, you'll come with me. But don't act without due consideration.", she told the girl. Her English was perfect and didn't even show the slightest hint of her Russian origin. @Scatterbrain

"Let's go! We cannot lose even more time.", Natalia told the girl and followed Tony out. But she didn't take the route towards the big fight but the Avengers Hall. "Do you know what's inside the forbidden hall?", she asked the girl curiously and hid herself behind a bush. They were near the Avengers Hall but no-one was in sight. Natalia frowned but soon adults left the building. "Okay. Can you tell the others that there are more running towards them. I'll try taking some out.", she told Julia and started to run towards the closest adult. @Scatterbrain

The redhead jumped and used a nearby bench to push herself higher. She wrapped one leg around the man's shoulder and used her Widow Bite to fight him. Shortly the man's neck lit brightly up as hundreds off volt ran through his body while she used her Widow's Bite. The man slumped to the ground and she got off of him lunging for the next person. This time she fought hand to hand combat. She brought her hand to the woman's jaw but also earned a kick in the stomach. She stumbled backwards but this time seemed to pay more attention to the woman. Natasha dodged a hard punch towards her face and strategically placed her foot so the woman lost her balance. She kicked the woman hard to her solar plexus and brought her elbow down to the woman's neck as soon as she stumbled and leaned forward. Even though she was still young it seemed like, the redhead was her a one-woman-commando. She reached for her belt and retrieved two jackknives which she threw at a woman and a man. Both knives hit their targets right in the leg making them tumble. 

Tony Stark

Tony nodded at Sersi and took a deep breath. "Before we go I need to retrieve my suit.", he spoke and pulled the sleeve of his shirt up. He placed his thumb on the clock face and it suddenly started blinking. For him it indicated that his newest suit was on his way for him to fight. But it would probably leave the rest confused. "Don't worry about that. We can take it.", he winked at Rictor, who seemed nervous about fighting along their side. @myvalentina @slachance6

His suit crashed through the door leaving a huge hole in it. But the young billionaire didn't seem to care. It stopped in front of him and he stepped inside. Jarvis closed it down on its own once he stood in it. "Ready?", he asked Rictor with a smirk and the mask closed as the eye slits lit up. He grinned under his suit. "Let's go and get some thugs. Meet you their, amigo!", he spoke and was quickly gone as he started flying again through the same hole. @myvalentina

He had no idea how good he would be actually fighting. For now he had only practiced flying as it was way more fun than shooting immovable objects. He had tried shooting once or twice but he hadn't been good. So he started to tinker on an expansion which would allow Jarvis to aim for him. Why would he bother to learn how to shoot properly with this suit. Besides his old pop used to research and build new weapons so he had taken Tony to the shooting range once or twice. But like most of the things, which they had done together. It hadn't ended up well and he gave up on the shooting mostly.

He stopped midair as the intruders came in sight. "Jarvis? I want you to aim for the ones in the far left. Can we knock them out all at once?", he asked his vision turning red. "Of course, Sir.", the British voice of his AI answered. He rose his arm and some tranqualizing darts left his forearms hitting the men seconds later.

A little shaken but still in the fight, Logan got back on his feet, thanking Bucky for potentially saving his life. He decided to fight more cautiously, as he was outnumbered and a few more goons seemed to be showing up. He took cover in the alcove with Bucky and Chase, killing a couple of thugs that tried to fight up close but mostly just staying out of the way.

He felt his warrior's instinct increase more and more, which was not good. If he gave in to his rage, he would endanger not only himself but also everyone around him. By now he'd gotten good at resisting it, especially if he was fighting defensively like this. But this was different in some way. It was almost like someone or something was trying to control him... but what was it? Logan didn't have time to think about it in the heat of the battle, even though a guy in a flying suit of high-tech armor had shown up.

Before he knew it, he took a look at the mass of attackers and decided to take some real action. You're dead meat, he thought to himself as he let his rage fully take over.

logan_by_vicariou5-d2xyw4q.jpg

With a thunderous shout Logan leaped into the fray, driving his claws deep into the hearts of two of the attackers. He became a killing machine, tearing foes limb from limb with a barrage of slashes, ignoring the punches and bullet wounds that were slowly but surely weakening him. Each enemy was simply faceless moving object that needed to be killed. There was no discerning one from another. And the nearest target was Bucky. With no remorse, he charged at his former ally with claws bared.

@FarFlungDreamer @Twist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back