• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: The Greater Good

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
It has been a while since a good avatar rp, i thought i try a new idea. At least two decades since the events of the last season of Legends of Korra and the world once for fell from balance. This time not from a single place, each nation falling into its own chaos:

• In the young United Earth Democratic States, was still reeling from the damage meaning poverty is still a widespread issue. The new elected officials that ran the new Earth States have been a accused of corruption and powermongering in political spectrum than helping the populace. As a result strikes and revolts are common place stretching the resources of the already thin governance. To make matters worse three factions have risen within the states: nobles who once profited out the royalty lost their rights and privileges, monarchist who believed the new democratic government to corrupt and inefficient and a return to the Earth kingdom. Finally the Traditionalist who fear the lost of old Earth kingdom traditions due to the rise of technology. One of the leaders of the traditionalist, Manik, a general of some renown, united the three factions to the Triumvirate against the divided government calling for change which led to a civil war. With the Triumvirate passed in Omashu and the Government based in Bi sing Se.
  • The discover of the an island in the south western edge of the world by a Fire Nation ship caused a stir between them and the Southern Water Tribe over ownership of the island. The island was rich in mineral wealth but also show ruins of a water tribe lost during the time of the hundred years war. The United republic and the Air nomads tried to mediate and divide the island between the two but misunderstanding and boarder skirmishes between the two nations igniting into fall war over the island.
  • In the Northern Water Tribe faced its own cold civil war as the twin rule of Desna and Eska ended with both passing mere months from each other childless. The only known claimants, Tonraq and Avatar Korra herself, both unable to take the throne with the former embroiled in his own war and the latter's disappearance trying to maintain order in the warring nations. Various people claimed the chiefdom and a council of elders were gathered to decide the next leader but the various claimants vying for favour of the elders mean no decision could be made any time soon. The claimants are therefore preparing for war.
  • Avatar Korra tried to bring with the help of the United Republic and the Air nomads but faces little success especially with so many conflicts cropping up everywhere. She and a few prominent members of team avatar and air nomads eventually disappeared during the travel between the areas of conflict her fate unknown until a new avatar was found years later. It is believed that a claimant for the Northern Water tribe chiefdom was responsible. In any case with Korra gone and the new avatar too young to be of any effect, it was believed chaos was inevitable. However a new leader came to power among the Air nomad after Tenzin known as Tashi. She took a more aggressive methods, against air nomads teachings, of bringing peace to the land taking control of the United Republic and its armies and attacking each warring nation. She bested each nation and made them tributary states of the New Air Protectorate keeping the peace among the various nations by harsh means when necessary. Tashi was she considered a tyrant but no one denied her methods kept the peace. She claimed she would give up this power when the new avatar became fully realised but few believed she will give up the new power she holds.
Now is the present day and the new avatar has come of age and though still has a lot to learn, some in the white lotus believe the Avatar needs to get started sooner rather than later. Why because the peace was no more than a cold war, with each faction preparing to depose Tashi and her Protectorate and settle old scores. They wont wait until the avatar is ready. Can balance be restored? Can the world return to where it once was?

That is the current situation, new avatar, new team and a shit load of trouble for them to deal with. I like this story to be a darker more cynical than normal, no single battle with a tyrant to sort out this mess if it can be sorted. We will have started cast of characters with representatives of all nations, benders and non benders but i would like to at least have one character of each nation who can help solve the issues but not always in the best fashion. E.g a character i will possibly play is the adopted child of korra and Asami, this parentage means he has a dubious claim to the chiefdom of both water tribes. This could be useful if he was forced to power by the avatar.

Interested? Suggestion? Post below and lets get this idea going!

I'm interested, partially because Avatar is cool and it's a real shame it never got a live action movie or anything and partially because it's you.

I'll try to not just make Nergui again, but I really liked him, so I'll probably just make someone like that again. Because I'm a dick.

I'm interested, partially because Avatar is cool and it's a real shame it never got a live action movie or anything and partially because it's you.

I'll try to not just make Nergui again, but I really liked him, so I'll probably just make someone like that again. Because I'm a dick.
There is an Avatar live action movie. But it's about Aang.

Thanks mate.

I'll throw my hat in and voice my interest. I am curious as to your decision on character limitations in relationship to if someone is able to play the avatar or if said group will remain as individuals from the various kingdoms. If the avatar is open for grabs I'd like to put my hand in to play as them if possible.

I'll throw my hat in and voice my interest. I am curious as to your decision on character limitations in relationship to if someone is able to play the avatar or if said group will remain as individuals from the various kingdoms. If the avatar is open for grabs I'd like to put my hand in to play as them if possible.

Yep, there is an avatar role if people want it and the spot is yours for a week from the time the cs is created. As of limitations, there arent any beyond standard, no ops and have to fit the current avatar world. I dont even mind if the avatar doesn't follow the traditional avatar cycle.

Coolio then I'll set my dibs on the avatar, now by a week I'm assuming that's the time frame you're giving me to actually create the character and post them when you get the cs format up yes?

Also I do want to clarify the era in which the rp is set. In the legend of korra the world seemed to be set in a 1920's-ish era. So given a few decades would I be appropriate in assuming things are closer to the 1940's in terms of technology and whatnot?
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Also I do want to clarify the era in which the rp is set. In the legend of korra the world seemed to be set in a 1920's-ish era. So given a few decades would I be appropriate in assuming things are closer to the 1940's in terms of technology and whatnot?
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Intended the technology to remain the same as I am unsure how the next tech level would look like but open to suggestions. Funny you should mention era as I did draw inspiration from post ww1 with the earth kingdom civil war based on the Spanish civil war. Take that how you will.

also i saw that most of the bender spots are reserved, which i completely respect. I'll be making a female firebender just so y'all know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back