• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
i was planning either a firenation kid going into the mercenary work , delivering , fighting and protecting people.

or a firenation soldier trying to climb up the ranks.
Yeah, as Megilagor Megilagor just indicated, your character would have to have defected from the Fire Nation at some point, if you want them to be a member of the group we've got here.

ok i got an idea, fire nation soldier who used to be with iroh but decided to go rogue after the new lord took over.

ok i got an idea, fire nation soldier who used to be with iroh but decided to go rogue after the new lord took over.
Could work, though this character would likely have to be a fair bit older than the other PCs, seeing as this game takes place shortly before the events of the show, i.e several years after Ozai came to power.

i see, i have to play an old man... wait , okay i thought this was another rp im an idiot, whats the accual lore so i can make a useful character.

i see, i have to play an old man... wait , okay i thought this was another rp im an idiot, whats the accual lore so i can make a useful character.
Hmm. How familiar are you with the events of the show?

Well, I wouldn't say that you need to know a great deal about the events of the show. The main thing is that the Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation have been at war for nearly a century, with the Fire Nation steadily occupying more and more Earth Kingdom territory. And I'll assume that you're still familiar with the concept of bending and how it works within the universe.

yes sir i am , so the canon hasnt happened or wont happen right, ok ok, firenation soldier who joined the ranks for a bit but after realising the extent the fire nation go to he left the firenation side started an anti war movement.

yes sir i am , so the canon hasnt happened or wont happen right, ok ok, firenation soldier who joined the ranks for a bit but after realising the extent the fire nation go to he left the firenation side started an anti war movement.
One other thing you should perhaps bear in mind is that - as per the premise of this adventure - your character needs to have come into contact with either Long Feng or one of his proxies, in order to be assigned to the mission.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Eonivar Eonivar Megilagor Megilagor
As for how you become involved with the rest of the PCs, I'm thinking that we do a mild retcon and have it so that your character knows them prior to this mission, and arranged to meet up with them in West Heiatu (the present location) beforehand. Of course, other ideas are welcome.

alright what about you guys meet my character on the mission, maybe you guys get ambushed by him but he realises you guys arent firenation guys and decides to join you.

alright what about you guys meet my character on the mission, maybe you guys get ambushed by him but he realises you guys arent firenation guys and decides to join you.
Hmm. Ideally I'd prefer your character to have become familiar with the others prior to this mission, otherwise it's as Megilagor Megilagor said earlier; it might not make sense for them to bring a complete stranger along for the ride. Especially if their first interactions involved violence.

wigi wigi Are you familiar with or have played the Avatar Legends Table Top RPG? This is a DICE RP based on that system and rules.

I guess the first thing I would ask you to think about is what Playbook would your character be? Playbook is similar to but not the same as a class from Dungeons and Dragons, a Playbook defines your characters emotional and narrative path in the world, their inner conflict, and how they contribute to the story we are telling. This is a bit more involved than just creating an RP character on the fly and jumping into the RP.

wigi wigi Are you familiar with or have played the Avatar Legends Table Top RPG? This is a DICE RP based on that system and rules.

I guess the first thing I would ask you to think about is what Playbook would your character be? Playbook is similar to but not the same as a class from Dungeons and Dragons, a Playbook defines your characters emotional and narrative path in the world, their inner conflict, and how they contribute to the story we are telling. This is a bit more involved that just creating an RP character on the fly and jumping into the RP.
oh , ohhh , this is much more complicated than i thought , theres a table top rpg of atla! i knew this was dice based but i did not expect another ttrpg system, would learning it take long?

oh , ohhh , this is much more complicated than i thought , theres a table top rpg of atla! i knew this was dice based but i did not expect another ttrpg system, would learning it take long?
Well I think the reason all of us doing this particular RP is to learn how to play this game. Many of us come with a lot of experience in TTRPGs and Avatar Legends even plays a bit differently than your normal Dungeons and Dragons does. So its been kind of a learn as we go thing. I do not think it would be a problem to include and teach you along with us, although you will need access to the rules.

Well I think the reason all of us doing this particular RP is to learn how to play this game. Many of us come with a lot of experience in TTRPGs and Avatar Legends even plays a bit differently than your normal Dungeons and Dragons does. So its been kind of a learn as we go thing. I do not think it would be a problem to include and teach you along with us, although you will need access to the rules.
well , this all sounds like a bit of a hasstle from the retconning and the learning.

well , this all sounds like a bit of a hasstle from the retconning and the learning.
I'm willing to help you out, and I imagine the other players will be as well. But I'll understand if you don't want to stick around.

I'm willing to help you out, and I imagine the other players will be as well. But I'll understand if you don't want to stick around.
i would love to , only if the game's like dnd in some way lol , atleast ill have a starting point there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back