• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: Cold War

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Hi all, here with a retry of a legend of Korra pitch, what can i say i love the world and i am glutton for punishment. Also i really need an last airbender itch. At least two decades since the events of the last season of Legends of Korra and the world once for fell from balance. This time not from a single place, each nation falling into its own chaos:

• In the young United Earth Democratic States, was still reeling from the damage caused by the was with Kouvira meaning poverty is still a widespread issue. The new elected officials that ran the new Earth States have been a accused of corruption and powermongering in political spectrum than helping the populace. As a result strikes and revolts are common place stretching the resources of the already thin governance. To make matters worse three factions have risen within the states: nobles who once profited out the royalty lost their rights and privileges, monarchist who believed the new democratic government to corrupt and inefficient and a return to the Earth kingdom. Finally the Traditionalist who fear the lost of old Earth kingdom traditions due to the rise of technology. One of the leaders of the traditionalist, Manik, a general of some renown, united the three factions to the Triumvirate against the divided government calling for change which led to a civil war. With the Triumvirate passed in Omashu and the Government based in Bi sing Se.
  • The discover of the an island in the south western edge of the world by a Fire Nation ship caused a stir between them and the Southern Water Tribe over ownership of the island. The island was rich in mineral wealth but also show ruins of a water tribe lost during the time of the hundred years war. The United republic and the Air nomads tried to mediate and divide the island between the two but misunderstanding and boarder skirmishes between the two nations igniting into fall war over the island.
  • In the Northern Water Tribe faced its own cold civil war as the twin rule of Desna and Eska ended with both passing mere months from each other childless. The only known claimants, Tonraq and Avatar Korra herself, both unable to take the throne with the former embroiled in his own war and the latter's disappearance trying to maintain order in the warring nations. Various people claimed the chiefdom and a council of elders were gathered to decide the next leader but the various claimants vying for favour of the elders mean no decision could be made any time soon. The claimants are therefore preparing for war.
  • Avatar Korra tried to bring peace with the help of the United Republic and the Air nomads but faces little success especially with so many conflicts cropping up everywhere. She and a few prominent members of team avatar and air nomads eventually disappeared during the travel between the areas of conflict her fate unknown until a new avatar was found years later. It is believed that a claimant for the Northern Water tribe chiefdom was responsible. In any case with Korra gone and the new avatar too young to be of any effect, it was believed chaos was inevitable. However a new leader came to power among the Air nomad after Tenzin known as Tashi. She took a more aggressive methods, against air nomads teachings, of bringing peace to the land taking control of the United Republic and its armies and attacking each warring nation. She bested each nation and made them tributary states of the New Air Protectorate keeping the peace among the various nations by harsh means when necessary. Tashi was she considered a tyrant but no one denied her methods kept the peace. She claimed she would give up this power when the new avatar became fully realised but few believed she will give up the new power she holds.
Now is the present day and the new avatar has come of age and though still has a lot to learn, some in the white lotus believe the Avatar needs to get started sooner rather than later. Why because the peace was no more than a cold war, with each faction preparing to depose Tashi and her Protectorate and settle old scores. They wont wait until the avatar is ready. Can balance be restored? Can the world return to where it once was?

That is the current situation, new avatar, new team and a shit load of trouble for them to deal with. The world is currently im the avatar equivalents to the 1940s. Zepplins are becoming obsolete replaced by biplane and fixed wing aircraft, walkers are more akin to tanks of the era and so on. like this story to be a darker more cynical than normal, no single battle with a tyrant to sort out this mess if it can be sorted. We will varied cast of characters with representatives of all nations, benders and non benders but i would like to at least have one character of each nation who can help solve the issues but not always in the best fashion. E.g a character i will possibly play is the adopted child of korra and Asami, this parentage means he has a dubious claim to the chiefdom of both water tribes. This could be useful if he was forced to power by the avatar.

Interested? Suggestion? Post below and lets get this idea going!

Last edited:
The concept is interesting. I can see this as a "Nation RP" with players RPing as rulers of each of the many factions, as well as the Avatar trying to mediate peace between all. Is this a possibility or are you solely focused on doing a RP based on the adventures of the Avatar and his posse.

I like it is the role of avatar open?
Yep. I am playing the adopted child mentioned
The concept is interesting. I can see this as a "Nation RP" with players RPing as rulers of each of the many factions, as well as the Avatar trying to mediate peace between all. Is this a possibility or are you solely focused on doing a RP based on the adventures of the Avatar and his posse.
I had thought about that but I wasn't sure anyone would interested in it. If people I wouldn't mind people playing the nation's as well, it would be interesting and is less work for me to think up what happens between them.

I had thought about that but I wasn't sure anyone would interested in it. If people I wouldn't mind people playing the nation's as well, it would be interesting and is less work for me to think up what happens between them.
Can I have the avatar spot?

I think it opens this RP up to a whole new base of RPers. The lore already appeals to Avatar fans, while the nation building part appeals to dedicated nation builders. Maybe post this over there to gauge what kind of interest you would get. I, for one, am interested in playing as one of the factions within the nations.

This sounds very interesting. I got a few questions though.
  1. Is there any sort of overarching plot you have in mind with some sort of villain trying to hunt down avatar/something with the Raava/Vaatu or will we start out with just the avatar trying to unite everyone?
  2. Will we all play characters in one city, go around the world like Aang and co, or will be just be spread out all the way around the world.
  3. ARE NUKED INVENTED YET?
  4. How powerful can our characters be? Like is there any type of bending that is not allowed?
  5. Are there any limitations as to what our characters can be? (in terms of roles. E.G. we cannot have a villain character who wants to kill the avatar or w/e)
  6. Can we make up our own rules/bend the rules already set in the avatar universe or do we have to follow them to the letter?
  7. Will the RP be closer to the world of Korra or Aang? Because there was some shit that was made up in Korra that directly contradicted what was established by Aang.

Last edited:
  1. Is there any sort of overarching plot you have in mind with some sort of villain trying to hunt down avatar/something with the Raava/Vaatu or will we start out with just the avatar trying to unite everyone?
  2. Will we all play characters in one city, go around the world like Aang and co, or will be just be spread out all the way around the world.
  4. How powerful can our characters be? Like is there any type of bending that is not allowed?
  5. Are there any limitations as to what our characters can be? (in terms of roles. E.G. we cannot have a villain character who wants to kill the avatar or w/e)
  6. Can we make up our own rules/bend the rules already set in the avatar universe or do we have to follow them to the letter?
Based on the fact that the turmoil in the Earth Nation is based on the Spanish Civil War, we can safely say that this time period is comparable to the era before the Second World War. Therefore Nukes would not have been invented yet, but I can see the Fire Nation building a big bomb if they choose the path back to glory. The rest of the questions would have to be directed towards ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki . I am also curious if such a balance tipping weapon will be allowed and how much leeway will be given regarding the rules since some of us are less than familiar with the Avatar universe.

7. Will the RP be closer to the world of Korra or Aang? Because there was some shit that was made up in Korra that directly contradicted what was established by Aang.
Oh yeah good point. I completely agree with you on number 7. Legend of Korra messed up a lot of stuff.

1. Avatars trying to unite everyone. As I stated in the lore, there is no main villain and therefore no one solution that will solve everything which is one of themes of the rp.
2. There will be a lot of travelling around.
3. No nukes as such but there is this. You must have an air tight plausible explsnation to be able to rebuild and use it.
4. I will say no limit as long as make since to the character background and training. No 16 year old with the power of an avatar due to mere talent. Keep it realistic is all I ask. Spirit bendifn like in the show is only reserved to the avatar and bloodbending i prefer it not to be included unless it justified for a storyline with consent of all involved .
5. No limits as long as it makes sense and realistic
6. I am not going to nitpick the details here but not course keep it within reason. Expect at least the basic rules and lore of the avatar world known and followed,
7. I need more specifics here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back