• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar and the Cult of Abaddon

Pinwheel

You spin me right round' baby...
The Cult of Abaddon
A plague is rapidly progressing throughout the land. It was conceived in the very heart of the Earth Kingdom. Unlike many other plagues before it, it's symptoms do not result in a deterioration of the body; this miasma will eat away at the mind. The Earth King was the first to be enthralled by this plague, it started with jarring voices that only he could hear. At first he had ignored these voices, attributing them to his age and poor genetics. It became more strenuous to ignore them as it progressed; they became much more demanding with time. He received extremely painful headaches that would only be relieved when he did what was asked. He became a slave to their demands very rapidly. When these voices asked him to send his soldiers onto the Fire Nations borders he was so far gone that he did so without protest.

The miasma spread rapidly from the ensuing chaos. Many people across the fire and earth nation had become inflicted with the very same madness. The disorder would be labeled as the red plague. It was categorized by the red, swollen eyes it's victims would likely possesses-- they rarely rested due to the many things the voices demanded of them. Soon, a cult was sprung forth from that madness. They called themselves the order of abaddon. There is little knowledge of their motives. Since the war began between the fire nation and the earth kingdom, they have sought to cause civil unrest throughout the rest of the world. They are a terrorist organization that must be stopped.

There will be a meeting held by the president of republic city to discuss the state of the world and perhaps find a way to qualm the two warring nations. She has sent several invitations to benders, politicians, engineers and many other people to help solve this problem. She is a women that comes from a time before this, one where the avatar brought peace to all. The location of the current avatar is unfortunately unknown to all. The city itself has been under heavy guard for some time. The president believes that the date of this meeting was leaked and she does not underestimate the powers held by the order of abaddon.

You are either one of the invited individuals, a refugee of the ongoing war, or a resident/visitor within the walls of republic city.

(You may also be a cultist as long as you talk with me first. :D)
(This is AU, so no canon characters. The air nomads were also never destroyed. Instead they had eventually started interacting with traders from other nations which resulted in some non-traditional air benders being born.)

Roleplay Progress Bar

Last edited:
Pinwheel Pinwheel I might be interested. Reserve me a spot. kthx.
anyways, you should be the avatar, right?

eep, so, this sounds SUPER cool, but I will admit that I have yet to watch Korra? Would I still be able to take part in this? I have seen atla, but i'm not sure how much help that will be considering i don't understand much of this "city" talk that i imagine is part of korra...

eep, so, this sounds SUPER cool, but I will admit that I have yet to watch Korra? Would I still be able to take part in this? I have seen atla, but i'm not sure how much help that will be considering i don't understand much of this "city" talk that i imagine is part of korra...
Republic city is just a big city in the Earth Kingdom where people from all over can live. And you'll be fine.

YES SIGN ME UP.

I was in an avatar rp once but it died because of people not doing their part, so I hope this doesn't have the same result.

Republic city is just a big city in the Earth Kingdom where people from all over can live. And you'll be fine.

Avatar lore is all bundle up from the last airbender, so if you know it and, seen it then you're good. Just the stuff like the nations have changed over the years.

Anyone interested in being a co-host? The main responsibilities will include making plot points and designing villains and other important characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back