• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Australian Zombie Apocalyppse.

Jordan the Humble

Inactive Post Turtle

Australia ... what a miserable place for the ZA.

Downsides:

Guns, Many Weapons and pretty much everything remotely dangerous apart from basic knives and some very rare bolt-action rifles with limited ammo are available for civillians. Millitary Weapons such as AUGs and other military equipment are not near urban areas, and are instead further inland (which is far harder to survive in). This means our survivors will have to improvise. (Note: Although many dangerous knives are illegal, I ... a 15yr quick-forged my own sword, and with the help of my older brother, a set of titanium chainmail, both of which are legal for me to own, but not a kevlar vest ... or such).

Most inland areas are uninhabited, with 98% of the population living in urban areas, and the urban areas being mostly around the coast.

Upsides:

Almost all houses have solar, and some are completely off-grid.

Almost all houses have rain-water tanks and sewage disposal.

Lower Population. Australia is very large for it's population, and this'll mean less zombies.

They use the Metric system.

Our Screen-Door mesh is ridiculously strong.

Houses are far more sturdy, and the middle class is slightly better off.

People in Australia lock their houses and cars less often.

You'll have to think outside the box. This won't be a typical ZA ... how will you survive?

I'd like your opinion on where to set it

Brisbane = Nice River City, Urban in the east, and suburban everywhere else. The city is surrounded by a semi-circle of mountains facing the coast, forested.

Perth/Fremantle = Lots of older buildings ... a bit dryer than the other options too. Probably the harshest environment. It's very dense and populated, however, a small town lays outside called Fremantle, which is beautiful and old.

New England/Dorrigo = Forested Area, prime agricultural land, quite independent. It is isolated by forest, and a really beautiful place. Don't expect many electric cars or technology like that here.

I'm looking for about 5 people, but it really doesn't matter. I also want your help and suggestions. If you'd like to join, just post below or PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back