News August 8th - Update Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,
On August 8th, the site will be going offline to perform the much teased about updates, including The Nyte Life, The New Editor, The New RP System and much much more. This is something I've been working on for the past few months and I can't be more proud and excited, I hope you will all enjoy it as much and I do.

The site will be offline starting on the 8th (when ever it is I wake up on that day) for a couple of days. The update is painstakingly slow due to how large the site is and its mostly an automated process I have to keep an eye on and respond to if it throws an error. If it finishes it in a day or two, we will return. But just in case something goes wrong I'm going to say that the day the site returns is August 15th(Again, if nothing goes wrong, we should be back by like the 10th or so).

This is the biggest update to happen to the site, since its inception.

If you have any questions/feedbacks/concerns about the downtime please post below. We might temporarily reinstate the discord server so users have a place to hang out and interact with each other and the staff while the site is offline. However that is not set in stone yet.

[/QUOTE]
YAY

but from the 8th to the 15th? I think i'd be dead by the time the site goes up xDD

@The Dark Wizard or any moderator or admin for that matter...

just some question, when the update finally rolls out....

-will the layout of the website change too dramatically that it'll make even me a quite veteran rper who started since 2015 but changed accounts confused?

-will entire rps that will be moved lose its original data or lose any posts at all?

-will the website still use the "xenforo" layout like most other forum websites do?

-will some accounts be removed? and if yes whose will it probably be?

-will anything major be impacted to rp layouts?

-if anything went majorly wrong and it goes for more than 7 days to even months of repairing, how will we contact the staff?

-will some rps get erased?

-will new emojis and new BBCode commands be implemented or erased?

-will some bugs or glitches (which i don't know if its just me or everyone has) that multiple messages is repeated if you press the "messages have been posted since you loaded this page. view them?" twice be fixed?

-will website turning offline and maintenance still happen?

sorry for the wall of questions, and if you do answer this, i thank you deeply for filling my curiosity :)

Ballerina said:
GAAAAAAH! Just when I finally started to get the hang of bbcoding! :'3
The new bbcode buttons system is extremely easy to use. You click a button and it inserts it into your post for you straight away- if you would like to read more about it, the thread is here.

Ballerina said:
Will our private workshops still be the same?
Yes :)

I'm really excited for the new BBCode update, specifically for fonts.

At least, I'm hoping fonts are included. Because that'll make typing fancy things MUCH easier, along with accordions and other special things (hopefully the e-mail and sticky note ones will be there).

The new RP system reminds me of, apologies for saying it, fanfiction.net, since before getting to this site I awkwardly attempted to join a dead roleplay in there, but yeah, threads are like this but not on the top in tabs but rather in the middle. I'm personally excited for the gallery thing.

Salex said:
@The Dark Wizard or any moderator or admin for that matter...
just some question, when the update finally rolls out....

-will the layout of the website change too dramatically that it'll make even me a quite veteran rper who started since 2015 but changed accounts confused?

-will entire rps that will be moved lose its original data or lose any posts at all?

-will the website still use the "xenforo" layout like most other forum websites do?

-will some accounts be removed? and if yes whose will it probably be?

-will anything major be impacted to rp layouts?

-if anything went majorly wrong and it goes for more than 7 days to even months of repairing, how will we contact the staff?

-will some rps get erased?

-will new emojis and new BBCode commands be implemented or erased?

-will some bugs or glitches (which i don't know if its just me or everyone has) that multiple messages is repeated if you press the "messages have been posted since you loaded this page. view them?" twice be fixed?

-will website turning offline and maintenance still happen?

sorry for the wall of questions, and if you do answer this, i thank you deeply for filling my curiosity :)
For your first question, no. It's very easy to navigate and is a lot like the site now. :)

For your second, no. All posts and PMs will stay.

For your third, we are going to be using ipboards forum software.

No accounts will or can be removed. It messes up the site's system.

There is a discussion about how roleplays will be updated and new things being added to them: Other - RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

I'm sure nothing will go terribly wrong, but if it does, we might be setting up the discord server again. Might be.

No roleplays will get erased.

I'm not sure about the emojis, but you can learn everything about the new bbcode system here: Other - RpN 2.0 -Teaser-

Most bugs will be fixed- if you find any make sure to create a thread with a 'bug' prefix in the site questions and info section of the site.

And finally, we need daily maintenance to make sure the site is working correctly. So yes, this will still happen. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Having just joined this site, I'm a little dumbstruck there's already going to be an update so sooner after I've just started chillin' on here. I just hope the changes to the RP areas don't affect what we've already made or cause too many complications.

Either way, I am also excited to see what happens with this. Here's hoping all goes smoothly.

Sunkissed said:
For your first question, no. It's very easy to navigate and is a lot like the site now. :)
For your second, no. All posts and PMs will stay.

For your third, we are going to be using ipboards forum software.

No accounts will or can be removed. It messes up the site's system.

There is a discussion about how roleplays will be updated and new things being added to them: Other - RP System in 2.0 -Teaser-

I'm sure nothing will go terribly wrong, but if it does, we might be setting up the discord server again. Might be.

No roleplays will get erased.

I'm not sure about the emojis, but you can learn everything about the new bbcode system here: Other - RpN 2.0 -Teaser-

Most bugs will be fixed- if you find any make sure to create a thread with a 'bug' prefix in the site questions and info section of the site.

And finally, we need daily maintenance to make sure the site is working correctly. So yes, this will still happen. :)
ah alright thanks alot for answering that whole wall maria worth of text!

and also my final question...

i just saw the ipboards forum layout, it looks very.... odd compared to this site, it kinda erases the clean, professional and fun look to the website, making it look alot like... well i apologize for saying this

fanfiction.net
, which make the fonts look like sharp and jagged compared to this website's font of rounded and curved, and also have a dark blue colour which definitely also affects the mood lighting compared to this websites light blue colour.

so will the dark wizard or any of the staff change the font and the colour scheme to look alot more like this original rpnation? as the colours and the font is what actually makes me like this place more than other rp forum servers, as it creates a somehow atmosphere of both relaxation and fun to it.

Salex said:
ah alright thanks alot for answering that whole wall maria worth of text!
and also my final question...

i just saw the ipboards forum layout, it looks very.... odd compared to this site, it kinda erases the clean, professional and fun look to the website, making it look alot like... well i apologize for saying this

fanfiction.net
, which make the fonts look like sharp and jagged compared to this website's font of rounded and curved, and also have a dark blue colour which definitely also affects the mood lighting compared to this websites light blue colour.

so will the dark wizard or any of the staff change the font and the colour scheme to look alot more like this original rpnation? as the colours and the font is what actually makes me like this place more than other rp forum servers, as it creates a somehow atmosphere of both relaxation and fun to it.
All forum software looks old, including xenforo out of the box. Our look was altered by me. We are indeed moving the core software to fix many of the issues and lack of developers on that platform.

I already replicated the existing 5.0 design on the new software and hoenstly it looks like the same site but with new features :D !

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]All forum software looks old, including xenforo out of the box. Our look was altered by me. We are indeed moving the core software to fix many of the issues and lack of developers on that platform.
I already replicated the existing 5.0 design on the new software and hoenstly it looks like the same site but with new features :D !

[/QUOTE]
thank you for answering that question the dark wizard, well i anticipate for the update and that all goes well :D

MusicOfTheNight27 said:
Oh lord, days without RpN? I'll have to speak to my family. I'll have to socialize. With people in real life.

Super exciting :)
Oh, yea. Family. I have one of those. They probably wonder where I've been.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,
On August 8th, the site will be going offline to perform the much teased about updates, including The Nyte Life, The New Editor, The New RP System and much much more. This is something I've been working on for the past few months and I can't be more proud and excited, I hope you will all enjoy it as much and I do.

The site will be offline starting on the 8th (when ever it is I wake up on that day) for a couple of days. The update is painstakingly slow due to how large the site is and its mostly an automated process I have to keep an eye on and respond to if it throws an error. If it finishes it in a day or two, we will return. But just in case something goes wrong I'm going to say that the day the site returns is August 15th(Again, if nothing goes wrong, we should be back by like the 10th or so).

This is the biggest update to happen to the site, since its inception.

If you have any questions/feedbacks/concerns about the downtime please post below. We might temporarily reinstate the discord server so users have a place to hang out and interact with each other and the staff while the site is offline. However that is not set in stone yet.

[/QUOTE]
Shall anything created move over as well? as in the threads annd private workshop things?

Also, Will the link to the discord servers become known to everyone if it does appear?

GoldenChari said:
Shall anything created move over as well? as in the threads annd private workshop things?
Also, Will the link to the discord servers become known to everyone if it does appear?
Yes, everything will be moved over. Nothing is going to be deleted.

And yes, I'm sure there will be a separate thread with the link to the server if it does happen.

Sunkissed said:
Yes, everything will be moved over. Nothing is going to be deleted.
And yes, I'm sure there will be a separate thread with the link to the server if it does happen.
Thx Sunny!

Honestly. We gotta talk more. Maybe rp. It's been way too long on the latter eh?

Aw yeah! Actually, this goes perfect with my schedule!! I'd have time to get ready for homeschool with the site down! (I literally pushed getting ready and buying things I need back because I found this site ^-^)

Well... there goes my roleplays ;)

But it will give me some much needed time to catch up on my binge watching and also reorganizing all my plots and stuff.

So the hype for this!

Salex said:
The new site looks very, very similar to the layout we're on now. I'd imagine most people wouldn't know the difference, if it wasn't for the update of roleplay management (a small forum instead of tabs).

Also guys it's only probably going to be 2/3 days but the week is the official time in case things go wrong, calm down.

The other thing I'd like to say - we've already had an update thread devolve into battles of opinion about BBCode. I know you may/may not like how that's changing, but most of you have already expressed your opinion, or had a chance to. Can we try to keep it out of this thread, in the name of keeping it on-topic? :3

trying to decide if I will celebrate, or mourn

NWO said:
tumblr_inline_nj4cbj2waP1raupct.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back