• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atlas OOC

I'm interested to know roughly how the characters would meet each other (particularly as I've chosen Terra, which is described as particularly isolated). Would it be easier to have them as rulers or advisors? I began writing a background for a character who is part of a prestigious (but non-ruling) family, so I could bump him up to being one of the two rulers, or part of one of those families.

Let me know if I'm taking liberties that go against what you've planned, but my current situation is a family who is very much involved with gemstones and gold, and considered the top-notch talent when it comes to making beautiful things, gathering precious materials, so on and so forth. Which, if they were rulers, would translate to putting them in a very financial/skill/religion position. Presumably the other ruler would be from a warrior family and concerned with defence and sustenance of the nation, overlooking food, housing, weapons, etc.
But which would be the Makkel line and which would be the Dana line I don't know.

And of course the character I planned on would be less artsy than his family would like, because minor clashes are fun.

But let me know if it wouldn't work with what you have planned! I tend to run away a bit with building things.

I'm interested to know roughly how the characters would meet each other (particularly as I've chosen Terra, which is described as particularly isolated). Would it be easier to have them as rulers or advisors? I began writing a background for a character who is part of a prestigious (but non-ruling) family, so I could bump him up to being one of the two rulers, or part of one of those families.

Let me know if I'm taking liberties that go against what you've planned, but my current situation is a family who is very much involved with gemstones and gold, and considered the top-notch talent when it comes to making beautiful things, gathering precious materials, so on and so forth. Which, if they were rulers, would translate to putting them in a very financial/skill/religion position. Presumably, the other ruler would be from a warrior family and concerned with defense and sustenance of the nation, overlooking food, housing, weapons, etc.
But which would be the Makkel line and which would be the Dana line I don't know.

And of course, the character I planned on would be less artsy than his family would like, because minor clashes are fun.

But let me know if it wouldn't work with what you have planned! I tend to run away a bit with building things.
All characters will end up in one Nation. People from the castle automatically will go because all of the nations' rulers and important people are needed to discuss the growing threat of the New Elements. I will announce which nation later, but it will most likely be Terra or Aer since they have better defenses.
For other characters, it will be a little more difficult to get to the action with this move if you're something like a baker who isn't already in the Nation. I'd tell everyone to fill a castle or New Element spot before anything else to solve this problem. If more people come I can include something (that will be quite interesting now that I think about it) to include everyone is in the same spot and interacting.

As for your character, I like the idea. It doesn't matter what line they come from. I can include the family members in the extra pages if you're making them up if they're NPC's.

All characters will end up in one Nation. People from the castle automatically will go because all of the nations' rulers and important people are needed to discuss the growing threat of the New Elements. I will announce which nation later, but it will most likely be Terra or Aer since they have better defenses.
For other characters, it will be a little more difficult to get to the action with this move if you're something like a baker who isn't already in the Nation. I'd tell everyone to fill a castle or New Element spot before anything else to solve this problem. If more people come I can include something (that will be quite interesting now that I think about it) to include everyone is in the same spot and interacting.

As for your character, I like the idea. It doesn't matter what line they come from. I can include the family members in the extra pages if you're making them up if they're NPC's.

I realised that I made him rather stuck-up anyway, so I thought I may as well bump him up to being King Snob. Well, the heir snob, with his mother being the current ruler and trying to get him experience in being diplomatic. Maybe he can come suddenly into power (and be a mess), who knows.
Makes more sense than adding in extra characters when the given spaces aren't filled yet, true.

I went for the Dana line, with a very creative last name (though I thought of it more like a title than an actual name). And the added lore. Let me know if you'd like something changed.

...Also, finally posted.

I believe there were 3-4 other people who expressed interest, so I'm sure those positions will be filled. Maybe sometime today.

I'll take the second Earth nation ruler. Also, it may take me a few days to get my CS up as I figure out RL business and RpN's changes. Terribly sorry for any inconvenience! I'll have it up as soon as I can, though.

Also, Blemmigan Blemmigan , since I'll be your partner in crime here, shall we have a bit of history between our characters? Or perhaps just wing it when we get to the RP? I skimmed your CS and immediately thought of making a wild child to play off of Benjamin's cool and calm self.~

Also, Blemmigan Blemmigan , since I'll be your partner in crime here, shall we have a bit of history between our characters? Or perhaps just wing it when we get to the RP? I skimmed your CS and immediately thought of making a wild child to play off of Benjamin's cool and calm self.~

That sounds good to me- I'm all in favour of annoying my characters wherever possible (more fun)!
I'd imagine they'd at least know of each other, even if they haven't interacted, so I don't mind whether we wing it or if you have specific ideas about what that history might be- just let me know whenever <:

Can anyone tell me how to center images in a post? I'm trying to spice up my CS. Heheh.

EDIT: Scratch that, I experimented a bit and found the answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back