• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astral Knights: A Modern Fantasy/Superhero RP (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Truthblade Truthblade

Hmm what would a normal human's stat be?

I feel like it's a bit too vague now. Is 10 super intelligence? Or is 5 the human limit of magic power?

About the power, how powerful can a power be? Is it on a street level where most it can affect is one combat, or in a building or small city scale? Does the power scale for human and Fragment differ?

Truthblade Truthblade

Hmm what would a normal human's stat be?

I feel like it's a bit too vague now. Is 10 super intelligence? Or is 5 the human limit of magic power?

About the power, how powerful can a power be? Is it on a street level where most it can affect is one combat, or in a building or small city scale? Does the power scale for human and Fragment differ?
5 I normal. 10 denotes a max superhuman level.
While it obviously can't be absurdly OP, powers here are pretty high leveled. Yes, the hman and Fragment's power levels are different

I know that some of them are still WIP, I have noticed a few CSs listing Elements that I have not included in the CS for you to choose from. If you have, please change it, or PM me If you want to negotiate something special for your character.

RyanDiaz RyanDiaz
*Assuming the Cs Is done since all the spots are filled*AS far as I can tell, the CS looks fine. Accepted.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Hmmmm...to be perfectly honest I am a little unsure...

While on a technical standpoint, the CS is mostly fine (Though the Fragment's cannon should be toned down in power, I do not approve of OHKO abilities), some factor's of this CS (as well as the previous versions) Is giving me Gary Stu vibes, and for that reason, I do not have much assurance that you won't try to "hog the spotlight" in the RP.

RyanDiaz RyanDiaz
*Assuming the Cs Is done since all the spots are filled*AS far as I can tell, the CS looks fine. Accepted.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Hmmmm...to be perfectly honest I am a little unsure...

While on a technical standpoint, the CS is mostly fine (Though the Fragment's cannon should be toned down in power, I do not approve of OHKO abilities), some factor's of this CS (as well as the previous versions) Is giving me Gary Stu vibes, and for that reason, I do not have much assurance that you won't try to "hog the spotlight" in the RP.
Hog the spotlight?
Spotlights get you killed

Hog the spotlight?
Spotlights get you killed
Here is what I mean. (and keep in mind, I am not trying to accuse you of anything, but I am just skeptical, and hopefully you can understand why.)
The "factors" I am alluding to are things that are commonly associated with the stereotypical Mary Sue, things such as a tragic backstory, and the fact he is incredibly accomplished for his age. Along with this, the previous versions of the CS were extremely powerful to an absurd degree ( I was shaking my head at the ability to summon 10000 dragons) . And while you did tone them down, he is still pretty powerful. With all of this put together, it comes off as you trying to create the single most powerful character in the RP. While I have nothing against powerful characters, it all comes down to how you plan to use the character. Right now, I am not assured that you won't try to bulldoze every problem or obstacle the rp puts down for you or your allies. That is what is making me hesitant to accept the CS.

Here is what I mean. (and keep in mind, I am not trying to accuse you of anything, but I am just skeptical, and hopefully you can understand why.)
The "factors" I am alluding to are things that are commonly associated with the stereotypical Mary Sue, things such as a tragic backstory, and the fact he is incredibly accomplished for his age. Along with this, the previous versions of the CS were extremely powerful to an absurd degree ( I was shaking my head at the ability to summon 10000 dragons) . And while you did tone them down, he is still pretty powerful. With all of this put together, it comes off as you trying to create the single most powerful character in the RP. While I have nothing against powerful characters, it all comes down to how you plan to use the character. Right now, I am not assured that you won't try to bulldoze every problem or obstacle the rp puts down for you or your allies. That is what is making me hesitant to accept the CS.
I just went with the funnest idea I had

I just went with the funnest idea I had
That may be, but you also have to be aware that there are other people you are going to rping with soon.
I was told before that "Mary sues" are not character issues, but are player issues entirely. Which is why instead of rejecting the character entirely, I am questioning your plans for your character. If you can give me complete assurance that you can separate your ego from your character, I will accept the CS for now.

That may be, but you also have to be aware that there are other people you are going to rping with soon.
I was told before that "Mary sues" are not character issues, but are player issues entirely. Which is why instead of rejecting the character entirely, I am questioning your plans for your character. If you can give me complete assurance that you can separate your ego from your character, I will accept the CS for now.
Ego?

Alright, let me put it this way.....

Can you refrain from getting upset if your character fails at something?
Will you be able to accept that not everything will go your way?
Can you accept the possibility of your character not be the center of attention 100% of the time?

If you can do all of this, consider your character accepted.

Alright, let me put it this way.....

Can you refrain from getting upset if your character fails at something?
Will you be able to accept that not everything will go your way?
Can you accept the possibility of your character not be the center of attention 100% of the time?

If you can do all of this, consider your character accepted.
I mean I can't not be upset at failing, it means I've done something wrong
Not all missions work out
Spies don't WANT to be the center of attention...bad for business

Users who are viewing this thread

Back