• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ascending Legends

Are you a consistent/frequent reader?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've checked in once or twice....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, just popped in once.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Valos and Chepi both rubbed and nuzzled against Arryn. "Come on out in the sun and sit a while. Your mate seems to have wandered off for a bit, would you not like to rest until he comes back?"

Arryn glanced over to where Dayn had walked away. He could handle himself. But with the skinchanger on the loose... He'll be fine, I'm just worrying over nothing. Arryn returned her attention to her new friends. "Alright, I suppose..." Arryn moved to where the sun was shining and sat down, though in the back of her mind she was wondering where her husband had gone to.

Valos laid down behind Arryn while Chepi laid in front, placing her perfectly between the two hippogriffs. "Rest, darling. Its not everyday we get to see one of the old blood. Besides, I can still smell you mate on the wind. I can also smell...peaches...for some reason."

That made Arryn grin as she laid back against Valos, though she continued petting both of them as best she could. "Oh, I can imagine a few reasons, knowing my husband."

After a few more minutes Dayn returned with a small armload of peaches, and maybe some twigs stuck in his hair. He smiled as he approached Arryn, even more so when Chepi moved aside only to snuggle against him as he sat down with the group. "Peach?"

Arryn took a peach and reached up to pull a leaf out of Dayn's hair. "You're so sweet. Thank you, mo chroi." She took a bite of the sweet peach, then held it out for Dayn.

Dayn's mouth hung open for a second before he leaned in and took a bite from the peach, making sure to playfully nip Arryn's finger.

Arryn laughed a bit and pulled away. "You're terrible. But I love you." Arryn sighed contently and leaned her head on Dayn's shoulder before biting into the peach again. Why did the skinchanger have to be around? Couldn't it just be... this?

"Well, I learned that one from you, doll." Dayn snuggled up against Arryn and carefully leaned back on Valos, who shifted about slightly before getting comfortable himself. Dayn took Arryn's hand in his and started to gently massage her palm as they lay in the sun, letting their worries slip away from a while.

"Please don't call me doll, love." Arryn chuckled as she nuzzled close to Dayn and leaned her head on his shoulder. She made it clear that she wasn't insulted or upset, but she just didn't like the term. If anything came to threaten them, they were leaning on hippogriffs, so they were almost certainly safe.

If she could have, she would have purred. It made her wonder if Valos and Chepi could tell that she was Moon-Born. Could they tell that Dayn was? "Dayn, what's your new magic called again?"

"Valos and Chepi, can you tell that Dayn has umbral magic?" Supposedly it was a gift from Lleuna in some way... so could they tell somehow?

The hippogriffs stirred just slightly, growing quiet for a moment, before what sounded like gentle snoring was heard from both. Dayn laid his head on Arryn's chest as he laughed quietly. "If they do, or have, then it must not bother them."

Arryn kissed the top of Dayn's head and wrapped her arms around him. "Mm, so I can see. Let's just relax for a bit, hm? You look very content where you are, and I'm happy."

Dayn relaxed into Arryn's embrace, reaching a hand up to tangle gently in her hair as he leaned up just barely enough to nuzzle her neck. "Mhm, content, and more than happy to stay here for a while."

Arryn leaned her head into Dayn's hand and smiled softly. It was nice to be able to avoid the thought of their enemies and problems for a time. "Then we'll stay here for a while."

The sky grew dark as rain clouds gathered overhead, eventually turning loose their load upon the mountain and forcing the group to find shelter. Valos and Chepi led them to their nest, which was built under an overhang in the mountain. As Dayn settled down again, his arm wrapped lightly around Arryn, he couldn't help but smile as thunder rolled and shook the stone beneath them.

Arryn nestled up against Dayn. She knew how he loved thunder storms, and she did too. The moment was very nostalgic for her, though. "This reminds me of when we were first working together and got caught in the rain. Remember? We stayed in the cave?"

"Mhm, how could I forget? You were so tense, so reserved." Dayn smiled as he laid his head back against Chepi. "Not so much anymore, thank the gods."

Dayn opened his mouth to respond and was promptly cut off by a loud clap of thunder. "Um....never mind, I guess?", he laughed.

"As much as I have done over the years," Dayn said as he rubbed his thumb across Arryn's cheek, "I'd say they aren't too concerned."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back