• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ascending Legends

Are you a consistent/frequent reader?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've checked in once or twice....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, just popped in once.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
That drew out a pleased smile. "You seem to be focusing on me just fine." Dayn reached down and took some of the ham in his fingers and held it out for Arryn. "Here, let me help."

"Fine." Dayn let go of Arryn's hand and even scooted to the side some before turning his attention to his own meal. Gods, can't win for losing.

Arryn seemed to sense that Dayn seemed a bit upset. Sometimes it's so easy to upset him. She ate in silence for a bit, then scooted over a few inches, then stopped and waited a bit, and repeated until she was leaning on Dayn.

Dayn sighed and leaned into Arryn. "You are a sweetheart. I'm not upset with you, I promise." He turned just enough to kiss her head.

After finishing breakfast Dayn walked into the kitchen and poured himself and Arryn a mug of fresh juice. The firefruits were coming on very well, as he had noticed from those he'd seen in the market, and the spicy juice smelled tantalizing as ever.

Arryn sniffed at the mug before taking a sip. She paused for a few moments before drinking more. It was definitely something new and interesting.

Arryn looked at Dayn for a second, then tipped her mug back to empty it. The firey liquid burned a good bit, but she still smiled at her husband. "Don't spoil your appetite for drinks, mo chroi. Remember, we're going out drinking tonight.

"Firefruit spoil my appetite for ale? Hon, this was just to get woken up." Dayn sat their mugs aside before taking Arryn's hands in his own. "Trust me when I say that I wouldn't dare spoil the fun tonight."

Arryn leaned close and nuzzled against Dayn's neck. "Okay, love. I trust you. Want to meet up with your folks, or no...? What did you want to do today?"

"If the council is like it used to be it'll last for the remainder of the day, but they should be free tomorrow. Which means we can't get sick tonight."

The trek took them out from the manor and away from the city towards the nearby mountain that overlooked the river. "Years ago there was a battle that took place at the top. Historians call it the battle above the clouds." The mountain itself loomed out like a blunt wedge, and true to it's name, the top was shrouded in thick mist and cloud. A lit rain began to patter against their clothing as Dayn brought Arryn to the base of the mountain. At the trail head was a small home and barn with a large store. There were several beast of burden milling about as the workers tended to supplies or other duties. "They use the pack animals to carry supplies up the trails."

Arryn had held Dayn's hand along the way, and still did. The mountain was absolutely stunning, and she could only try to take it all in. Even now she was watching the mules and horses as they grazed on the grasses. "It's beautiful, mo chroi."

"This is only the base. It's better at the top." Dayn was beaming as he led Arryn onto the trail. It started out easy, with only a minor slope, but eventually they came to creek crossings and rocky outcroppings that required a little more finesse. When they finally reached the point an hour or so later the fog opened up to reveal the valley and river below in it's full glory. Dayn stood behind Arryn, his arms around her waist. "What do you think, luv?"

Arryn was silent for a few moments, in complete awe. It wasn't her first time looking down from a mountain, but it was her first time looking from one that had so much lush land below it. Finally she managed to say, "It's... amazing. I mean, it's absolutely gorgeous."

Dayn kissed Arryn's cheek as he held her tight. The wind and fog blew quietly as they stood atop the mountain, and after a moment Dayn had a thought cross his mind. He hurriedly took Arryn's hand and smiled as he said, "Come on, I want to show you something."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back