• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy "Ascended": Seeking advanced partner for fantasy adventure (M/F)

Erica

Shiny Browncoat
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there! I'm seeking a writing partner for a fantasy adventure story. Basics are below, but in short, I want someone who will be addicted to our story and make me feel the same. Please read below and PM me if you're interested.

Basic Info (please read)

• • Advanced/literate roleplayer.
    •  Loves fantasy, modern supernatural, and comic book settings. (Not interested in fandom at this time.)
    •  Addicted to an ample sprinkling of action, conflict, and humor in stories. (Bonus points for dry/dark humor.)
    • Willing to play multiple characters of varying gender, although often (but not always) at least one is female / female leaning. Always plays OCs.
    •  Often builds worlds for a story.
    •  Prefers to write over PMs or in a thread (no Discord) and keep OOC discussion in a separate PM.
    •  Writes third person, past tense.
    •  Posts 2-10+ paragraphs, depending upon what the story and interaction require at the time. (Typically 5+ paragraphs per post, with less for dialogue scenes.)
    •  Over 20 years old.
    •  Able to reply at least 2x per week, often more frequently, and will notify you of any longer delays.
    •  Enjoys OOC chat.

More Info & Writing Samples Visit Erica's Writing Corner
    for much more info―including writing samples.

About the story: "Ascended"

• Ascended_banner_2_med.pngBasic concept:
    Come play with me in an original fantasy setting where divine beings sometimes intervene with mortal life and, unbeknownst to most, humans can ascend to godhood -- under the right, extraordinary circumstances.

While I have some plot hooks and ideas of where the story can go, I'd love to write this adventure jointly with the right partner. The story direction is open and subject to our whims. A love of conflict, character development, and action is a must: romance is a possibility, but only if our creations cooperate.

Specific Need for this Story:
    An advanced/literate roleplayer meeting the criteria above and willing to play an adventurer/mercenary character (preferably a male/male-leaning human) and collaborate on the story & world. (I will play Tahlia Blackwell and Cassius Tavel as well as other characters/NPCs.) If you're willing to play multiple characters/NPCs, even better!

Story Hook (where we'll probably start - although I'm open to other ideas):
    Sickness recently hit Highport, a city in Mercovar, wiping out a significant portion of the town. There are rumors of orcs gathering to the southwest, raiding villages and small towns, and there has been talk of growing tensions with the other major human nation: Titrya, across the sea. The Merchant Alliance (Mercovar's ruling body) is seeking adventurers to scout out the orc threat and stop it if possible as the town recovers from the illness. Our characters either meet up for this purpose, or have worked together before and are joining the larger effort.

Note: if you'd like to start another way, I'm happy to discuss alternate hooks to get our characters together.

Thank you for reading. If you are interested, please drop me a PM. I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:
Hi!

First off, I know you said to PM you but I've just joined and I'm still waiting for the site to allow me to PM people, haha! Just wanted to explain myself so you don't think I just briefly skimmed over your post. (I read every word, promise!)

I'd love to dive into this storyline, if you're still looking. I am an experienced roleplayer of around 6/7 years, despite being new to this site. I have long-term partners, and my longest RP to date is 2 years so I am willing to give my heart and soul to this storyline! Haha. It seems we have a similar way of writing - third person, past tense, good grammar and spelling and looking for deep and interesting plot and character development. (Gotta' love some character development).

I play a lot of tabletop rpg, such as DnD and Pathfinder, so this setting is one I'm familiar with and adore! I'd be happy to start off world-building with you, or build as we go, depending on your preference. I'm also happy to play a male mercenary/adventurer to kick off with the starter you had in mind, but I'm happy playing any gender, any character and NPCs to help the plot along the way. :)

Again, sorry I couldn't PM you like you requested. But if you're interested and still looking, let me know. :)

I'm opening this back up for one more partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back