As We Knew It

simj22 said:
some of the places are still medieval in nature
Most, actually, when it comes to Findal - when we're talking about tech and contraptions. But yes, weaponry in Findal is going to be your usual Skyrim assortment. If a bit optimized.

simj22 said:
Maces and smashy weapons make for good fun against armor. Just saying. Surviving a blow from morgensterns in armor tend to give the wearer plenty of time to reflect as shards of his armor are extracted from his flesh.
If I recall, Dusky mentioned that some of the places are still medieval in nature, and it won't be surprising if some of them had one of them...what are they called? Those warhammer like things that have a pickaxe-head instead?
I believe that what you are referring to would be the Reiterhammer, the Rabenschnabel

rabenschnabel.jpg

The one hit by a morgenstern in armor is going to reflect. The one hit by a morgernstern without armor is not going to be able to do so at all.

Because all dem nobles have the time and wealth to afford spending time playing with dice and cards!

Dusk we need moar detail.

Stats pls.

What do I roll to disown my alcoholic whoremongering son.

Fickleness and Capriciousness are not stats.

Only Awesomeness.

GM gets max stats.

MODHAX

@MysticTrinket

You couldn't possibly know since these things take a while to pick up, but it's generally frowned upon to post in the Overview tab. :P Here is where you would express interest, and this tab has info on how to go about creating your character as well as being where you would post said character.

You'll pick it up with time.

By unabashedly grabbing people's attention on the chatbox or otherwise.

You could also take a 'friend' from real life, hold them at knife point and demand they join the site for this rp.

It diminishes quality, but you know, what works, works! Besides, work produced at a high amount of stress tends to be better in quality.

I'll be bugging people in chat, tagging people, and bombarding the Interest Checks again later today. :P Anyone else, feel free to recruit for me. I'd be much obliged.

And if you'd like to have more than one character, you are welcome.

Hi, I love your plot and such! But, and I'm a little embarrassed to ask this. I haven't seen it brought up, but how does drama go into this, i.e. affairs, illigeitimate romance, murder, theft, manipulation play into this? Is it one of those? Or is it just solely political?

Little bit of everything, really. Depends. There are, of course, three threads.

Facts of Life is primarily focused on politics, yes. So obviously manipulation is going to be a factor. :P Any more than that is... largely character-driven, honestly. That's why I'm being so selective. There'll be wheeling and dealing, there'll be holding fast to your code of ethics, there'll be a lot of arguing and shouting, characters might even break into so- //shotdead

I've had 1776 on the brain, sorry.

Rustcrust Army is, believe it or not, about interpersonal relationships. Yes, there will be strong themes of fighting for survival and plenty of action scenes, but what I'm most interested in exploring is how friendship and enmity alike affect and are affected by the constant and imminent threat of danger.

Darkness of Aedra is all about dat character development. but out of the three it's the most mixed bag in terms of themes. It's essentially Slice of Life if you add some war-induced problems and a grimdark tone, I guess. Though that's not entirely accurate, I do have something of a plot in mind.

Affairs, illegitimate romance, murder, theft, and manipulation, as well as a great many other dramatic elements, will all be present throughout these storylines, but some elements more in certain storylines. Romance is far less likely to happen in Facts of Life, for instance. You're playing established characters who may very well be married already, and who're just far too busy to go courting. I'd say the idea's laughable in Rustcrust Army, but the nights are getting colder. :P

I hope that answered your question~.

WHAT

That many people are into politics?

U know what

This RP should have a balanced number of people on all story arcs

I should make a CS for one that needs extra player then...

Well, I need two people in Aedra before I can start.

I've got 4 in Rustcrust, 4 in FoL. 2 in Aedra.

I'm taking five characters each, but I can start soon after I have 4 in each.

You can have more than one character, mind.

Aaaaand I've got 1 in Aedra now actually.

Poor lil' Aedra. Ravaged and unloved. :c

I'd be willing to make another character if the numbers stay stagnant for a bit longer...?

I'm trying to put another pitch together, but I'm a bit braindead. ( :P ) I definitely welcome additional characters, if any of you have time.

I can see the roleplay ending already

Grey manipulates the whole lot of us into doing his bidding and becomes emperor.

Mark my word.

It's prophesied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back