• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy As the World Burns

Characters
Here
Other
Here

• 1711776903482.pngZareth | :bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesr:
    the discomfort of his own flesh being burnt was one not unfamiliar to him, brief flashes of memories reminding him, yet never had he felt one so pleasant and short-lasting. As the discomfort faded from Zareth's body, light took his senses, filling the area around him and his own heart. His eyes strained against the light, squinting until it became manageable again. As his sight returned to him, he was met with a beautiful woman before him.

as Zareth took in her, all he could think was how he seemed to know her. An elf's life was long, he had seen many faces in his time, but never had he felt such a strong sense of knowing someone without even a fraction of a memory. His brows furrowed as he tried to pull the strings of the memory to him, only for them to be torn from his grasp. No matter how hard he searched, he could not find the fragments of knowledge in his own head.

it was only then that the touch on his cheek bought his attention, his gaze quickly falling to the hand that held him. Without warning his own body tensed, panic flowing through him as his gaze flicked up to her face rapidly, trying to see a sign of aggression. Her words soothed him, but his body stayed taught as he watched her. Her words tore through him harder than any blade ever could. A woman he could not even remember brought a sob from deep inside him. Disblief replaced his apprehension. So desperate for the words to mean something, he fell into the soft tone, needing them to mean something.

he wanted nothing more than to be enough, for everything he did to be worth something. All the sacrifices he put in, his entire life he wasted to be what he was meant to be. A life wasted on the magic he claimed to love, so many times he wondered if he ever did. He had not heard sweet words since before his heart had stopped for the first time and many years before that. How long had he gone without a caring touch like this? His entire life it felt, maybe it truly had been. He was left bare before this woman as he shook with rapid tears.

"please..." his tone begged out pathetically. He begged for so many things at this moment. For her words to be true. For the power she promised. For this moment of tenderness to never end. How was he to return to the bitter cold of himself after feeling the light? To be destined for anything at all, how could he ever ask for more? To finally be destined for more than rotting in the earth, without a soul to mourn him. He needed this power more than anything. To be enough. To be strong enough that people would look at him. Worthy enough not to be forgotten. So he raised his gaze to her tender eyes, diluted with fat tears as he spoke, "take anything from me you require. Just please allow me this, this power. To be worthy of the destiny you say I have. To be worthy of this second chance of life. Please."

and so he grasped at the power offered to him however he could. To be something more when he opened his eyes tomorrow. To be anything more than nothing. Even if this tender moment wasn't real, even if it was all in his head. He needed it to be real for him now, this power, this love. Things he had never gotten, concepts he had never deserved. He was nothing in the face of her, and yet she still offered him this. He did not know how he would handle it if he woke up tomorrow and it was nothing more than a dream, but right now, he couldn't think of that. All he needed was to feel that it was real, in whatever way it was.
    interactions | Juju Juju

While Sarah was seemingly just looking ahead as she marched through the darkness, the warrior was keenly aware of the images appearing within the surface she was walking upon. Every few steps or so it would change, progressing a bit later in her life. Most of it she ignored, but there were some key moments that would draw the elderly woman's attention at least for a moment, sometimes longer. The edges of the images were rather blurry however, especially those of the earliest moments.

An image of Sarah as a child, around 4 to 5 years old, being pulled away by adults from a brown hair boy that was laying on the ground, her face contorted in anger. What little detail could be seen of the environment made it appear that she was in some kind of high tech daycare.

As a young teenager, garbed in a tunic and pants and wielding a practice sword, sparring against a taller, blue-haired boy with eyes just a bit too large for a human to have, in what appeared to be a beautiful park or garden of some kind. The two youths appeared to be enjoying themselves.

An adult Sarah, in her mid-20’s, is standing next to the blue-haired man as the two face off a trio of red-eyed shadowy beasts the size of bears armed with claws and long tails. Sarah is wearing a black garment made out of some kind of metallic mesh is covering much of her body while a breastplate of a dark blue metal and golden trim protects her chest and similar pieces of armor help protect her waist. A golden bracer is on each limb, futuristic metal boots protect her feet, a shield of the same metal and design as her armor is strapped to her left hand, and her right holds a dark blue sword. A pair of grey, almost spherical objects of seemingly supernatural origin float above her shoulders. The man next to her is wearing no armor and is only wielding a normal looking sword and wearing a wicked looking ring. A look of determination is on Sarah’s face.

Appearing a few years older with her gear slightly modified, the metallic mesh garment is now a bright red and exposed fingertips in the gloves, Sarah is fighting a desperate battle along a small number of others. While the details were lost to the haziness of the image’s edges, it was enough to tell that a great host of vicious monsters and ghostly entities were slaughtering the people of a city with bodies and ruined buildings scattered everywhere. Fear and uncertainty is seen on her face.

The ruins of a village a figure with a blue carapace stands, long yellow tendrils ending with wicked barbs framing its face and its fingers tipped with sharp claws. Its eyes are dull, lifeless, and it wears Sarah’s equipment. Bodies of villagers lay scattered around it.

Sarah stands before two other women who are wearing simple white robes. One has long light-blue hair and the other has somewhat shorter purple hair. Looking at their faces it was clear they are sisters, perhaps twins. They both have their hands extended towards the warrior, their hands almost touching her armor as they appear to be channeling something into her, something more solid than simple energy. Shards of a black gem with an inner fire flicking inside have been implanted into the middle of her armor, shield, and the hilt of her sword. The edges of this image are brighter, more clear than the previous ones by a significant amount, as if something about Sarah’s perception has been enhanced. This makes it easy to tell that the three women are standing on what appears to be a balcony of a palace made out of white marble with a beautiful countryside view visible in the distance. An expression of determination and grief is on her face, as if this process had some kind of grave cost.

Sarah is fighting alongside the blue-haired man once more, this time against the Ecnal warriors and their genetically created soldiers in the streets of a ruined sci-fi style colony. It appeared that others were fighting alongside them as well. The man is wearing an armored suit and is wielding a silver-colored blade. The two appear to be angry and determined to destroy the invaders.

Appearing to be in her 30’s, Sarah and the blue-haired man are dressed more simply and sitting at a small table in what appeared to be a small futuristic room. They are eating a meal together and appear to be happily enjoying each other’s company.

Wearing a well made, but simple blue dress and a silvery circlet on her head, Sarah stands close to the blue-haired man who is wearing a well-made outfit of his own, their arms wrapped around each other, love and adoration in their eyes. With the way other people at the edge of the image were arranged and the fact many were clapping it appeared as if they were celebrating the two. The seemingly grandness and size of the room they were in, reminiscent of a palace ballroom, added to the image.

While Sarah appeared no older, years had clearly passed. Sitting on the floor in a set of pajamas, she and two children, one a purple-haired girl of about five years of age and the other a dark blue-haired boy maybe a couple of years younger played with a set of building blocks together as the morning sunlight comes through a window.

Once again equipped for battle with the addition of the circlet, the next image shows Sarah facing off against a humanoid enemy twice her size. White and golden energy flowed from her body as a pair of white, crystalline wings were projected from her back. While the figure she was preparing to fight against was too far away to make out details, the darkness it radiated gave the impression of a powerful demon… or a dark god. Her stance and expression betrayed no uncertainty or hesitation, instead they were of someone who knew they had no choice but to win.

The purple-haired daughter of Sarah’s is now in her early 30’s and surprise is evident on her face as Sarah is handing over her equipment. While Sarah doesn’t appear to be physically older than her 50’s, the weariness in her eyes were that of someone decades older. That does nothing to dim the proud smile she is giving to the younger woman. The blue-haired man is also there and is similarly proud. The edges of this image are drastically dimmer, as if whatever was enhancing her perception is now gone.

Age had caught up with Sarah. She appeared to be in her late 70’s or early 80’s. In what appeared to be a courtyard of some kind, she seemed to be instructing a pair of younger warriors in how to use a sword, her body language and stern facial expression making it look as if she was a strict teacher.

Some of these memories were happy ones, a couple of them painful, but none of them stopped her walk. What did cause Sarah to finally stop in place was when she spied the motion of something under the surface following her, something that was rather large in size. Her eyes narrow at the thing as she growled out a handful of words. “The fuck do you want?”

Juju Juju

Last edited:
Autumn Ichor

Autumn felt the changes within her, and saw her surroundings change only. The feelings this instilled within her were much different than what her mind thought of the situation. She was suspicious and weary of everything happening. She was somewhere unfamiliar in an alien situation. Was she being plunged into another world and another war? What was fate attempting to do to the poor girl? Was it some sort of joke? Was this perhaps something negative or something good? The emotions, environment and her feelings told her it should be good… But being a politician, Autumn was all too used to others providing empty promises or hints at a better future only to further their own agenda and career.

Was this some sort of deception to get her to lower her guard? Stemming from her career and lack of close friends, being weary was always her first action in this situation. Even moreso as a figure appeared before her.

Her eyes narrowed in suspicion and she took a step back from the angelic figure before her. Before Autumn could speak however, the other did. The fox listened closely, only to have the last portion of the other’s dialogue resonate with her. But the girl stood strong. She couldn’t trust this girl.

Not yet.

“If you’ve seen that much of me, surely you know I’m confused and lost. You’d also know that I’m used to hearing pretty words and promises. So how do I know I can trust you? How do I know all of this isn’t some sort of ruse or deception?”

It was clear in all her time alone and in that particular career, she’d built up walls. Ones that had only gotten higher and higher in the past 12 or so hours in this new world.

Juju Juju

Han Liuyang

Farewell, Crater-God. Han gives it a salute as the presence sinks into the depths. Perhaps they would meet again, someday. It just wouldn't be today. For now... He drinks deep of that shining power, letting it fill the embers of his faded flame. The world around him shifts once more, as the God who holds domain over this power asserts itself. Song and cloud, pinks and gilded gods and heavenly light. He didn't begrudge the Goddess it. No God, after all, didn't love a properly dramatic entrance. It was part of the principle of the thing. With cosmic power, one might as well assert oneself in style. Han looks to the Goddess with a curious eye as a hand embraces his, the blindfolded woman looking upon him in turn. She... was not supposed to be familiar. But given her associations- Stars and falling, he had a suspicion as to why he might know her.

Han gives her a charming grin, and a wink.

"Hello, o' Goddess of another world."

This feeling. The warmth in his soul. Oh, how he'd missed it, since he'd arrived in this world. But it wasn't entirely right, her words. It wasn't simply that rarely did Divinity do things out of the kindness of their hearts. It wasn't merely the questions unanswered, or the gut feeling in his stomach. Wasn't just the way she flowed so smoothly from the gracious host to regret- a silvered tongue was something he'd learned not to so easily trust. She'd called for him, believing that he would not know why he was shorn of glory. That he did not know why his might was gone.

But he did know. He knew it very, very well.

He had given it up, after all.

"I assume that you are the Goddess of Stars in this world, the one who welcomed me to this realm, hm? There is no need for apologies. I have a second chance at life. That is more than enough. Though I must ask... Tell me, Starlit one, for what purpose did you call one such as me into this realm?"

MGEPNAH R'LUHHOR, MGEPOG YAR
Now for something new
FRESH BEGINNING, OLD HABITS

Lilliana hadn't met a fresh god in some time. It had been a while since she had to show her rites of respect, though that wasn't exactly necessary, assuming everything was going as plan. "Hra'shnah, I stand beneath you." Lilliana greeted the higher power in the traditions of her home world, despite the fact that probably didn't mean anything to the mysterious being. "You know why am here. I travel long way, but not safe. Not yet." Lilliana bowed her head to the formless god. "I will not commit myself to you, but my mind is open to teaching. I do not think there is any protecting me, but am still young. May your knowledge be my power, if will have me." Lilliana lifted her head. "I have been honored by your greeting my arrival. Now, assuming this is not all that is, would like to wake up now. There is world to see." In all honesty, Lilliana didn't trust the formless being, but when she said knowledge is power, she meant it. She needed everything possible to get a leg up in her journey, and of all the higher powers she could've met immediately, this one didn't seem to be the worst.

• YsFanatic YsFanatic seasonedcat seasonedcat November Witch November Witch ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe
    The woman gave no sign of pain at Valleni’s death-grip upon her arm, though she gently released the distraught girl from the embrace. If, of course, Valleni let her go.

She dipped her head apologetically, a twinge of grimness etched into her voice, “If only it were so simple. A wish must be uttered to be granted. A single word of assent is all that I required.”

As soon as these words were said, Valleni felt a power grip her chest, the same that she had felt calling out to her, and then grasped. She could see a thick, molten red chain appear from her chest, leading down into the depths below her. Something tugged on it, forcing her down onto her knees from the sheer weight.

Slowly, the chain began to reel in, disappearing into Valleni’s chest. Every turn of the links shivered with white-hot pain, making her head swim. Yet within the torment, she would become aware of something drawing closer with every moment. The cloth bracelet around her wrist would react, detecting the wearer of its twin somewhere in the darkness below.

After a few moments of anticipation, Lucille was hoisted up from the depths and deposited unceremoniously before Valleni. She was soaked in the cold, black water, but her shaking coughs and gasps for air was enough for Valleni to understand the most important thing; she was alive.

Once Lucille had emerged, the chains fizzled away into nothing.

The woman stood by, serene and quiet. Watchful even without eyes.

“It’s alright…” the woman hushed him, much as a mother would to a frightened child, “Cry as much as you need.”

A smile crossed her lips when Zareth offered her anything in exchange for power, and the promise she had so easily granted to him. Her hand left his cheek as she instead brought up her arms to hold Zareth against her, embracing him in a gentle hug, “Poor child, there is nothing you must give. All you must do is live. This destiny is for you alone; there are no others more worthy, in this realm or the multitudes beyond. Know that you are extraordinary, and that you are loved beyond measure.”

She slowly stroked the crown of his head, running fingers through violet hair. The warmth of her touch spread over his scalp, like beams of summer sun. “The proof you seek is within you, child. Do you not feel it? Nestled within your breast like a hatchling dove, a seed in need of nurturing? All you must do is reach for it.”

As she brought it to his attention, Zareth would indeed feel a mote of energy within his soul. The blessing he received had taken root, made a home of his soul. It had burrowed into his meagre mana, shivering with a power yet to be released. Just what it could do was a mystery.

With a gentle hand, she wiped the tears from Zareth's face. "Know that all the toil, all the torment, was not in vain. All your life has led to this moment. You, Zareth, harbour a power that none other in this world have or ever will hold. It is more precious than anything else, and what you choose to do with it will shape the rest of this story."
    The woman dipped her head, listening patiently to Autumn’s words without complaint or judgment, “It is only natural to have one’s reservations. Reality is rife with insincerity, as if it cannot exist without it. That we cannot accept a gift given out of goodwill without even a hint of suspicion.”

There was a sadness to her voice, a disappointed yet understanding tone. She shifted in her stance, lowering her hands to clasp them together in front of her. Strands of pale-gold hair fell across her blindfolded face, though she still seemed to keep her unseen gaze upon Autumn’s own.

“It would be foolish of me to expect your fullest trust so soon after your reawakening, nor that my promises hold more weight than mere words.” Slowly, she reached out an empty hand to Autumn, a gesture of connection, “Yet fate has bound us together, set in motion the moment you reached out to me. You heard my call and answered in kind. Something within you understands the truth you seek. You may not know it yet, may not feel it, but know that you are deeply cherished and loved. It is why I have given you as much of my power as I might spare in my weakened state.”

As if in response to its mention, the power that Autumn had obtained seemed to fizzle up once more. It was bright and chaotic, unknown in its significance and yet full of power.

“I am afraid that moments such as these, where we may speak plainly, will be few in my current state. Where I may not yet go, my boon shall accompany you. For now, let this be a token of trust. Though it may be a sliver of my power, it is your will that shall command it. May it serve you well and keep you safe always. Keep it in your heart, and you shall never be alone again."
    “Hail, o’ god from another world.” The goddess repeated, shyly covered her smile with a hand.

It was a simple exchange, yet one that she seemed to have found highly amusing. If anything, she seemed scarcely able to hide a giddiness just beneath the surface of her calm, respectable visage. Then the matter of Han’s summoning was questioned, and all at once the excitement seemed to deflate. Her smile sobered.

“Is it so strange a thing? To bestow a gift upon another and ask for naught in return? That I should invoke gratification from your existence alone?” She mused aloud, the gladness in her voice faltered with the inflection of weary disappointment. A sigh escaped her lips, stirring the space with a warm breeze. “I sense a wariness to you. Perhaps it is only natural to question it all. You who have lived so long. You who knew the cruelty of divinity.”

Resuming her serene poise, the goddess clasped her hands before her, voice absent of the previous mirth. Instead, she sounded serious, grave, as she explained further, “You have died. This, you are certainly aware of. I saw your final moments, witnessed your brilliance fade from the tapestry of what is and will be. A noble sacrifice. How it stirred my heart...”

There was a little moment of silence before the goddess continued, her voice wistful. Somehow, those unseen eyes looked beyond either Han or the horizon, “Across all worlds, there are few precious souls to which fate clings so strongly that it encompasses all things, as if to make a world all of its own. Yet as tumultuous as these chosen are, so many will fade out. Resplendent glory, rotten and forsaken. The story no longer spins, the ink ripped and scattered with horrid abruptness. It is more than I can bear."

The light of the dream realm flared brightly, the glow of her halo sharpening. Fists curled at the goddess' sides, jaw tight, "You saw its hunger, did you not? Relentless! How it seeks to end all that is beautiful and pure and leave naught but nothingness? How it nearly claimed you?"

Light dimmed, and the goddess regained her composure. More calmly now, she tilted her head towards Han, "Dearest Sun King, this is not where the story ends. There is so much left of you to be written. This is why I have brought you here, with all of my strangled power. To oppose that which sought to end all that you are... that which desires my own end."

An amused snort was the swordswoman's initial response, the directness of the question helping to quell Sarah's fury, at least by a bit. As a reward for the entity getting straight to the point she decided to actually give it an answer. "Between the experiences myself and others have had and the records that were available to me, I know very well that gods rarely offer gifts or any kind of aid without there being strings attached. Many fake being 'kind' because its an easy way to get people to do what they want. I've only met two, two, goddesses that truly gave a damn about the people under their care to the point that they sacrificed themselves to ensure the safety of the survivors. Some others essentially just traded a favor for a favor before leaving us alone. And the rest? " A savage grin appeared on her weathered face. "They decided to attack either my home or my allies and were killed for it."

The grin quickly fades. "With those experiences I've learned that most gods are not all that different than mortals; they have many of the same behaviors and emotions you can find in people everywhere. As such I do not fear them or have a sense of awe, nor do I have patience for any that decide to play games instead of interacting with me as an equal. Being immortal and having a bit of innate power does not make one being superior to another and that's a lesson most deities and the like never learn. Hell, its a lesson a lot of mortals fail to learn. At least you had a decency to ask a question directly instead of doing the same kind of shit those two were doing."

Juju Juju

The storm of her emotions prevented Valleni from being consciously aware of what was happening. While she could see the chain and feel its weight, the mage's mind didn't actually acknowledge that any of it was happening with her being so lost in her grief. At least not until the bracelet reacted, that simple feeling caused everything to snap back into focus and the dark haired woman held her breath. Even with what the strange woman had said she hadn't dared to hope that there was any chance of reuniting with the most important person in her life. But yet there was Lucille, being pulled up by the unusual chain until the two were on the same level, her appearance, bio-electric signals, everything matching up with the person that had managed to win Valleni's eternal loyalty.

Before the chain could vanish Valleni was already surging forward, wrapping Lucille in a fierce hug. Choking sobs pour from the lightning savant's lips she tried, and failed to speak, her eyes squeezed shut as tears flowed from them. Within moments the storm of electricity coming from her body quieted down, except for a single arc that would enter Lucille's body and grant her Electric Sight, the spell reflexively cast due to a years old habit. Where words had failed her, Valleni tried to replace them with the bio-electric signals they had come up with for "I missed you" and "I love you," but in her current state they two kept getting maxed together and were rapidly repeated in a dizzying sight for any who could observe such things. But Lucille would have seen this kind of emotional turmoil in Valleni before, back when the mage's parents had died during the early days of the plague.

Juju Juju

Rodal
Juju Juju
Rodal could feel the power course through his body. In one moment there was an acute pain, in the next, the power settled, almost as if trying to make a home for itself, then he felt an awful tightness in his chest. Something had properly awoken, and that surging power from the fallen star had been smothered by a familiar and vengeful sensation.

The landscape before him began to change once more as hideous and petulant light attempted to seemingly blind him, and soon enough the thing showed up. It revealed itself in a humanoid form with feminine attributes, hiding the place where eyes would usually be. At first, it spoke empty words, that were not directed at him, but instead through him, as if he talked to someone within. Upon learning this, Rodal attempted to summon any weapon he could, but was met with nothing, confirming his separation from Leva.

Then, it spoke to him directly with honeyed words, apologizing and attempting to show compassion. Rodal was unable to figure out if the words the thing uttered were truthful or not, for he did not even care to uncover it. If he could, he would kill the thing before him, but his own fleeting restraint prevented it, and a slight glint of inquisitiveness managed to sneak past, uttering a single word.

"Why?"

zbuydv2.png

In Dreams...
Juju Juju

0fd5302cb789d52888df53bf99607dc7.jpg
Doi's very being collapsed, overwhelmed by the feelings coursing through her veins and hyperventilating breath. She almost fell to her knees and into prayer, not daring to make eye contact with the powers that be. For She, the God of the world before—the Guiding Star of this one's—saved Doi's life. Anything less than her current actions would be disrespectful. And as far as she was concerned, her life belonged to Her.

And for their hands to be linked... Doi's spirit has never felt such tremors before. The words that came destroyed any doubt; Doi was on the righteous path. To save the lost ones from lives of misery and indentured servitude.

"I have..." She spoke without realizing, her voice soft and repressed. "I knew you had chosen me. When I learned what Grandfather had heard in his life, I knew." Her voice faltered further, and tears trickled down Doi's cheeks. "Have I done well? Have I served you adequately? Whatever you ask... Whatever you need of me... I will accomplish."

yP973TE.jpg

In Dreams...
Juju Juju

__jessica_reverse_1999_drawn_by_henrryxv__sample-6ab708c02815c2c2b520150a87a07fdb.jpg
Cynthora watched in awe at the swirling sights. The vision that surrounded her. The voice offering a simple piece of advice. She'd heard the same thing many times as a fawn. 'Life will heal and go on. Just as nature does.' It was common for grieving families to hear. Cynthora first heard the phrase when her grand uncle passed away, and she attended the crowded funeral. It was only hammered in when the fighting began, and Astellan annihilated their numbers.

By then, Cynthora stopped believing in the phrase. It was correct, of course—but it wasn't the same.

The mere thought put tears in her eyes before she knew it. She shook her head free of harsh reality, opting for something the 'afterlife' would surely hold.

"If anyone is there... Let me see me family. Please..."

Autumn Ichor

Autumn had always had a problem with authority growing up. Not trouble following rules or a hate for the authorities. But mistrust. She’d been lied to and hurt many times as a child and teenager. This is part of what had inspired her to pursue her career. Feeling as if she couldn’t trust people in authority, there was naturally only one option. To become the authority herself. If she could become an expert, she wouldn’t have to rely on anyone else. Naturally Autumn didn’t think she’d get to a position where there would be no one higher than her on the political food chain, but if she could get something where she could simply rely on herself, she’d be content.

Even if she could theoretically become the ruler of a nation… Well, there were always higher powers.

More authority.

Back to the present, what this goddess-looking figure before her had said was nothing more than what she previously said. A bunch of pretty, flowery words meant to gain trust. But whether she really meant it or not was anyone’s guess. In the political world, there was a price to everything. A give for a take and vice versa. There was surely some sort of catch to this power, right? Even if the goddess made up something. Some cost or stipulation, Autumn would trust her alot more than what she was currently saying. Giving her power away from free.

Autumn took a step back, one hand balling up while the other held it. Her mind and self-restraint surpassing her emotions. Her suspicion and experience triumphed over her want for a friend and someone to trust.

“You’re going to have to prove that I can trust you…”

Juju Juju

• 1713824450734.pngZareth | :bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesr:

Zareth continued to weep as the woman held him, unable to restrain his emotions from spilling out after so many years of solitude. How could he recover after recieving the tenderness he had been hoping for for so long? How could he stop crying when he was finally given the chance to? The gentle pets only made him sob harder, the touch filling a part of him that had been left empty for all his life.

"I am enough?" Zareth asked pathetically, "How do I reach for it? Please tell me how," Zareth begged as the woman wiped the tears from his face, feeling what had taken root inside him but not knowing how to grasp it.

the prospect that he had been enough this entire time, that everything he had done led him to this moment, was almost too much to bear. Was all his hard work really not in vain? Could it be possible for him to be enough after so long? Would his parents finally be able to look at him? Would everyone finally be able to see him? After all those years fighting to keep his head above water, was he finally swimming?

interactions | Juju Juju

GAMMARIAH | Dreamland
Juju Juju

Gammariah had dropped to his knees before the saint. A spirit of light and beauty unlike anything he had ever seen. Her radiance outshone the sky itself, the air bled music from beyond their world, and her voice was… comforting. Gammariah had dreamt of meeting saints but never thought one would approach him with kindness. With a voice like birdsong, she praised his efforts and asked a question: “...what else remains?”

A question. One Gammariah could not answer. For a man whose life had become the fight for liberty for all people he had never given himself the freedom to imagine the answer. The fight had always been so constant it was impossible to imagine an end at all. Perhaps, if the Dynasty fell, he would continue to fight and war against any who posed a threat to their fragile community. But being a tyrant was not the freedom he sought.

Gammariah stared into the ground for a long while. For the first time in a long while Gammariah had no words. He was not a diplomat by any means, he was not a peacekeeper. He was a conqueror on the side of the oppressed, hardly better than the ones he fought. But there was a goal, somewhere deep down. If only he could remember what it was.
With no answer and his fear of her patience mounting, Gammariah spoke:
“I thought I knew… Can the fight be fought?”

• YsFanatic YsFanatic
    Lucille’s form was ragged and limp as she was plucked from the watery surface and delivered into a frantic embrace. She recognized the familiar warmth, long before the surge of bioelectricity. Signals washed over her, thrumming like a hive of stirred bees, whispering secret words in a language all to themselves. For every “I love you” was another of her own, a trilling echo like the duet of song birds.

Her blindfold was heavy with water, clinging tightly to her face, absorbing the hot tears that now welled up from beneath it. Lucille reached out both hands to tenderly cup Valleni’s face. Her fingers brushed away the wetness of tears. “Oh, thank the brightest heavens, Valleni… it’s you. It truly is you. The gods were merciful, in the end. Please don’t cry. It’s going to be ok. We’re together now.”

Lucille paused long enough to plant a soft kiss on Valleni’s forehead. How she wished she had the strength to do that before they died. How she regretted the pain she had inflicted before her vision faded, and how she prayed they could find each other in the next life. Be it heaven or hell. "Everything is going to be alright."

Then a shiver ran up her spine as she recounted the lies she had just been told, her voice quivering, “There... there was something in that water. It told me horrible things… that I could never meet you again, and that I was better for it.”

These words immediately piqued the interest of the luminous woman, who up until how had given the two their space. She took a step forward, casting rays of light down upon the two women huddled together.

“Of course. That thing would desire nothing more than to separate the two of you forever. It was always a jealous thing.” The bitterness in the woman’s voice was unconcealed, accompanied by a twitch of her lip. It was soon smoothed down into a smile, and a more inspiring timbre, “But we shall deny its every attempt. You both shall, together. Fate itself has bound you together, a force that can shake worlds.”
    Solirus Solirus
    The woman patiently awaited Rodal’s response, her smile evergreen. With hands clasped together, she maintained a look of regal poise despite the bloodthirsty glare pointed at her. An act of obliviousness, or perhaps utter confidence. Her smile sweetened when Rodal was the one to eventually break the silence, perhaps aware of the struggle within and glad for its conclusion.

“The answers to ‘why’ are many, for they stretch out long before you or I. Yet I do not believe you inquire on the far-reaching past. No, you must wonder why you are here. As you already know, you should be dead.” She echoed the words exchanged between Rodal and the strange entity, a seemingly intentional gesture. As serenely as she spoke, there was a graveness to her words, a grim certainty, “You are special, Rodal. Far more than you might ever grasp. Fate clings to you like fresh dew, shed with every action. It is why your life was doomed from the start, and why I have used all my power to shepherd you into this new life."

She placed a hand to her chest, drawing closer to Rodal, until she was close enough to touch him. She made no such gesture, of course, though it seemed as if she deliberately entered within the melee range of Rodal's strikes. A symbol of trust, or pride? Her posture was without a hint of readiness for combat. “You hold much animosity for me, dear friends. I’m afraid that a part of you always will. Yet someday, I hope to convince you that I am not your enemy. What has sought to end you, the both of you, is the very same thing I seek to thwart. All you must do is nurture this gift of mine. Open your heart to it, and use it to carve out a new destiny. For every one of you.”

The closer the goddess got to him, the stronger Rodal could feel the burning mote in his chest. “Do you see? I can help you. Both of you. I can restore you to glory, usher you to greater power, if that is what you truly desire. You may yet find the peace your heart yearns for, a fate in which you may weave if you only just reach for it. To live on...”
    AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa
    The goddess reached up a hand to gently hold Doi's face, the warmth of her skin beaming like morning sun as she rubbed a fallen tear away with her thumb. "My precious child, you have exceeded my every expectation. You are beautiful, you are powerful, you are perfect. Your grandfather may have heard the call, yet it was your destiny to answer. You whose fingertips dance with the threads of fate."
    Her words thrummed in the air like delicate song, rich with loving tenderness. The woman's smile was bursting with a maternal pride, as pure and as sweet as clear honey. Doi could feel the blessing within her chest sing in tune with it, humming like a struck bell.

"My child, I only ask that you live this life fully in the light of truth... and to shed its glow onto those who would cling to the lies of the dark. They must be set free. Yet first... you must shed your own fetters..." She withdrew her hand from Doi's face, drawing the tears away.

Doi could feel the blessing within her pulse as the goddess summoned the watery tears into her cupped hand, evaporating them into a mote of pure white light. It floated in her palm, gently flickering like a candle without a wick. This she held before Doi, offering her to take it. Should she reach for it, she would find that the glowing ball of light would effortlessly sit within her own hands, burning without heat.

"Use the gift I have given you to light the path. You must tell them that the prize they seek is no arcane keystone. It is so much more. Should they have doubts, you must show them. Find one of the creatures they name 'spirit', and call upon my gift."
    November Witch November Witch
    The woman paused and fell silent, considering Autumn’s request. Her lips pursed, upturned in a look of uneasy contemplation. It would seem that the prying words of the cautious fox-woman had forced a rather uncomfortable situation. Even the light felt muted, as if holding its breath.

“You seek a truth unfit for one of mortal birth,” The woman began slowly, carefully, “Yet if I ask you to place your trust in me, then I must also place my trust in you, in your purpose, and the soundness of your mind. Very well.”

A subtle chill had crept into the lukewarm breeze and the woman’s unseen eyes were more piercing than before as she spoke. “You have died, Autumn, yet this was no ordinary end. Within you lies a soul of extraordinary singificance, for you are one of few beings capable of drawing in fate itself. It spins around you, like the eye of a mighty hurricane. Yet there is a force in this world... in all worlds, that seeks to snuff out those of your kind with a greedy hunger. It is why I wisked you away from its jaws and brought you here, for another chance. Perhaps you still have your doubts as to my motivations. Though it may be a source of great pain to me, and a stain upon my very pride... can only hope this will aid in easing your worries."

The light around the woman shifted, curling away like the wobbly light above hot summer earth. As the miasma settled, Autumn could see heavy black chains piercing the woman's flesh without gore or blood. They stretched up from the dark water below, locking into the woman as if she were partially incorporeal. Each of the links dripped with black liquid, thick like oil yet heavy with the scent of seawater. One of the chains lead to the crater in the surface, where the dark voice had long retreated.

"It binds me just as it sought to bind you. Yet I cannot allow this monster to claim all that is good and pure, leaving naught behind. That is why I have wrested you from its hold, burdened myself with a binding in your stead. Perhaps it is indeed a selfish desire, yet it would bring me no greater joy than to see you reborn, striking new ink upon the blank page of destiny it tried to burn." Her smile widened and the chains tightened in response, tugging at her. She made no reaction of pain, nor did her voice waiver, "Your end was but the foundations to a greater monument yet to be built. For you, death was only the beginning. With this gift of mine you may yet write a happier tale, for yourself and all others. For in you is the power to weave the fate of this world and deny that monster its lust for nothingness. You may not trust me, Autumn, yet I lay my faith down at your feet. May my blessing serve as proof of my pledge, until there comes a day where you may see me as friend rather than stranger."
    seasonedcat seasonedcat
    "Dear child, you are beyond enough." The woman spoke, still lightly caressing the crown of his head.

She held him against her, allowing him to cry for as long as he needed. When Zareth asked her how to reach for the blessing she let a soft chuckle escape her lips, tinkling and pure like bells. Unlike so many cruel laugher he had heard from figures of authority, this one was impossibly gentle, "You will know when the time comes, little one. I suspect that it will not be long now. All those who doubted you, who hated you, will understand that a greatness courses through your veins. A secret lies within you now, one that will change the course of history forever."

Softly, she whispered within Zareth's ear, "What was once your weakness has now become your greatest strength. One shared by no other in this world or the next."
    jmann jmann
    "That depends wholy on yet another question; what is worth fighting for? Hatred? A hollow victory, a feeble shield. Yet love... to fight in the name of love is entirally different. For which do you draw your blade, I wonder?"

The divine woman's smile softened, as did her tone, "You have fought so much, dear child. It has become a part of you just as war has leeched into the veins of this world. Yet the blood soaking your hand has not yet washed away all that you are. All that you could be. In one life you were the Leading Light of rebellion, yet in another... you could be so much more. A catalyst of fate, a warrior against the evil that seeks to end this world forever."

She placed a gentle hand upon Gammariah's shoulder, motioning for the scarred warrior to rise. "You are special, dear child. The threads of destiny spin around you, woven and split with your every action. It is why I have granted you new life, to stand against the monstrosity that would see our world silent and forgotten. I entrust in you this gift, a shard of my power so that you may carve out a new destiny for yourself. Be it bought in blood or otherwise. Nuture this blessing, embrace its growth... and together we may defeat this evil and its lies."

In the midst of the chatter, a darkness descended upon the booming light that had heralded this strange meeting. Diffused sunshine became overhanging clouds and stars glittered faintly in the sky once more, emboldened by the encroaching dark. The shimmering ground underfoot began to wobble and shake, stirred up by the wind that now grew stiff and stormy.

“It would seem that our time together has come to a close…” The woman lamented, head tilted downwards.

Something breached the surface, shooting up from below to latch onto the wrist of their enigmatic benefactor. A chain. The links were black and barbed, threatening to skewer the arm as they grew taut.

The woman struggled against her bindings but was ultimately overpowered and dragged down onto a knee. Despite this, the woman’s voice was full of hope and earnesty as she addressed her Blessed once more. “It comes to silence me, but it cannot stop what is already set in motion. We shall meet again, my dear friend. Until then, you must refuse the wretched darkness at every turn. Turn your cheek to its lies, no matter how tempting. It will attempt to lead you astray, but you must remember everything you lost, everything you cherish and stand to gain in this life. It would take all that from you and then more. I refuse to allow it.”

Black water surged up, to engulf the Blessed, only to fall short. A barrier had blocked it, made of transparent golden light. An identical chain to that which pierced the woman crashed against the mystical shield, but it did not yield. Within their breast, the Blessed could feel the flickering boon beat like a second heart. It was protecting them.
    The woman grinned, “There is so much potential in you, so much left to write. That thing fears it, fears you but…I… I love you. Please know that. Go now, nurture my gift and embrace the destiny you choose. I shall watch over you, until we are united once more.”

Just as the woman said this, the watery surface lost its tension and the Blessed were plunged into the depths. The bubble provided by their golden shield spared them the need for breath or worry of the untold depths they plunged into. Its inner glow was enough for them to see themselves in the impenetrable dark, as well as eyes glinting eeriely in the water. There were many of them, watching them like swathes of stars, though if they belonged to one creature or groups of them was anybody's guess.

The deeper the Blessed sank, the heavier their eyelids would become until they could fight it no more. Sleep overcame them, just as they became aware of the sensation of free-falling...

The Next Day

• Morning came abruptly for the dreamers. The last night's star-fallen would find themselves jarred awake at roughly the same time, their memories of their strange dream still fresh in their mind. They had no recollection of any other individual sharing their strange encounter, though confirmation was but a matter of words. Then again, most had not had the chance to learn of their peers beyond combat and shared confusion. Perhaps some would prefer to keep their dream secret.

Perhaps there was not a single soul for which one could talk to, leading into a belief of exclusivity

CLOUD-HOME
    YsFanatic YsFanatic ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe Solirus Solirus November Witch November Witch seasonedcat seasonedcat jmann jmann
    The makeshift healer's hut was just as busy as it had been the night before. Sounds of conversation and hurried feet could be heard from the chamber above, echoing down from the private chamber they had used as their sleeping quarters. There was a small note plastered onto the frame of the doorway, written in a rushed and scrawling text. Despite being a foreigner to this land and world, all summoned would find themselves capable of reading the text.

Gone out for supplies. Seek spirits or apprentices if wounds open. Don't do anything stupid. - Ook-So

It would seem that the elder was not concerned with their conditions enough to linger. In fact, should they check themselves, they would find that the salves had worked exceptionally well. For some, almost a little too well. The Blessed would find that no matter the condition of their wounds, their body was as whole as it had been in their dream. As for The Drowned, their wounds no longer hurt, but it would still take time for their recovery. Their mana and energy resources seemed completely refreshed, however.

The summoned were free to wander about Cloud-Home, though they were prone to catching the natives whispering to one another or pointing excitedly at their arrival. Children were the worst culprits, rushing up to them and demanding answers as to what it meant to be Star-Fallen and whether they had killed a dragon with their bare hands. It seemed that news of their exploits had travelled quickly in the community, and they were quickly establishing themselves as local heroes.

Zareth was the only outlier to this. Despite having been granted access to the city as a guest, he would find only harsh glares or wary glances. Mothers called their children closer when he was spotted, and those who bore the scars of warriors spat upon the earth at his passing. At the very least, he was not attacked, but it looked to be a fragile peace.

The day was bright, yet the stormy clouds still tightly hung over the lake, shrouding the floating islands. It remained relatively unchanged, at least until something bright spawned over the horizon. The arrival of a new star... split into countless smaller ones. It would be just as their own arrival had been described. The only difference was that the fallen stars arced far into the distance. It was in the same direction as the elves had retreated to the night prior.

An ill omen, one heralded by an earth-shaking roar. The peace of the morning was shattered when the storm surrounding the lake reacted to the star's appearance. Lightning crackled within, and within a moment a giant ball of it was shot at the quickly passing stars. Most of them avoided it, except for one. It was scattered off course, falling down into the battlefield beyond Cloud-Home's walls.

Please note that all the old star-fallen (who are outside) will be able to notice the new falling stars and any other celestial event. They will see them disappear below the horizon, except for one. They can see that most landed in the elvish territory, and could ask the locals for confirmation. If they choose to ask a native, they will learn that the forest is indeed occupied by elves, and the nearest city is that of Astellian-occupied shrine of Three-Rivers (Toko's old home). You are free to control non-important npcs. If you have questions about things just send me a message!

Elvish Prison
    AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa
    Rishi was still asleep when Doi awoke. It would seem that the events of the previous night had taken a toll on her energy, or perhaps it was merely an adaptation to the boredom of being held in a dark cell for who knows how long. She slept soundly in her little arcane prison, back pressed up against the bars nearest to Doi, as if to sleep close to her. She was well within arm's reach, should Doi choose to wake her.

Outside the cage, Doi could hear the familiar footsteps of a guard doing the rounds. It was uncertain which guard this was, either the nasty one that had told her to be quiet or someone completely. The light of the lantern was moving away from the door frame, their rounds taking them deeper into the prison. They sounded like they were still within earshot, should she make a loud sound to draw their attention. Then again, that could mean bad news, should it be the nasty elf from last night.

The cell's darkness remained unchanged, making it hard to tell just what time of day it was. Doi could only assume it was morning, though it could just as easily be late at night.

When the fish thing made its move, there was no surprise on Sarah's face. Rather, there was anger and disappointment that this one turned out to be the same as the ones she had walked away from. As the 'island' she's on is being lifted up by the thing emerging from the water, an idea occurs to her. Perhaps a foolish one, or something that wouldn't make a difference, but she figured it was worth a try. Raising her hands so that her palms pointed towards her face the elderly woman unleashed a pair of mana bolts at point blank range. Unfortunately, with the rules of this dream-vision being what they were, the bolts failed to remove Sarah from the dream and she instead found herself dropping to a knee to maintain some semblance of balance as the 'island' moved. "Well that's annoying," is the only thing she manages to say before the creature swallows her and the dream abruptly ends.

----------
When consciousnesses returned to Sarah's sleeping form, it was announced to the world with a pained groan and a loud muttering of "asshole gods and their dream-visions." While the swordswoman did open her eyes at that point, she made no move to get up as while the pain was somewhat lessened compared to the day before, it was clearly still in her best interest to stay in bed for as much as possible. She could probably sit up to eat and walk to go use the bathroom, but otherwise with the way her injuries were feeling she was just going to rest as much as possible. With a sigh Sarah resigned to herself to what was most likely going to be a very boring day.

Juju Juju

Autumn Ichor

The goddess before her seemed to contemplate. Even if Autumn couldn’t see her eyes, she could tell that the gears turning within this woman’s head seemed genuine. She had been in countless courtrooms and political debates; she knew genuine contemplation when she saw it. This small thing alone made Autumn start to trust this girl, just slightly. She put a tiny bit more weight into the words she was to receive from this woman now. Autumn, however, was a little skeptical when it was said that she wasn’t fit for the truth. She was used to receiving shocking information. Information that could turn nations against one another or start a civil war if revealed. What could possibly be too much for her to handle?

She could also feel the change in the atmosphere as the other girl’s gaze hardened, and pierced the cloth over her eyes, only to bore into Autumn herself. She listened intently to what the other said, and while she was certainly somewhat surprised, she also wasn’t as surprised as one might think. Many religions back in her home world had very odd beliefs and stories housed within their core. There are quite a few that were much odder than what she had just learned. However, what actually surprised Autumn was that she was someone special. It would make sense however, seeing where she was, and how she was treated by those in this world. Though, this girl could have just as simply been stating the obvious. Autumn couldn’t be sure. Not yet.

However, seeing the chains and bindings, and learning someone else was sacrificing themselves for Autumn… It struck a chord with her. She didn’t want anyone else hurt because of her. Her inaction already cost one life. There was no way she could allow anyone else to purposefully give up so much for her, whether it be a life or suffering. She didn’t deserve this. Not this second chance at life, nor whatever power the other claimed to have given Autumn.

Autumn couldn’t help but feel emotional as slowly, the woman before her was dragged away. Though the promise that they would meet again did give the fox woman some hope. The woman saying she loved Autumn cut her deep enough to get Autumn out of the silence she had remained in for the past few moments. As the water swallowed her and she was slowly dragged down, her hands pressed against the golden barrier and she leaned into it, trying to get her last few words through before the two were separated for who knows how long.

“What is your name? If you’re correct, I’ll find you again! I’ll save you!”

She promised. Autumn didn’t want to be useless. She didn’t want people to risk themselves for her. Neither did she want her inaction to cost others. The fox girl promised herself that she would change, no matter what it took.

Autumn would lay in the bed for some time. This vision, or dream, made her ruminate over many things. She would lay there for over an hour before finally getting up. She enjoyed the feeling of dry clothing. Compared to being soaked to the bone yesterday, it was heaven. Such a small thing that made a world of difference. Autumn would step out into the daylight to see the ruins alive with people and activity. Among them, her ears would catch whispers of the newcomers. Both good and bad. She had her foxian ears to thank for that. However, she was used to slanderous remarks circulating. Being in a position she was in her previous world made it an inevitability. But Autumn had long since grown immune to such things. She would ignore them and ask around about Toko. She’d soon learn the girl wasn’t there. Hopefully, if she was out searching for her friend, she was well and alright. Autumn would turn and head for the exit. Maybe she would run into Toko on her way out or back in.

After explaining that she shouldn’t be gone for long Autumn would leave, and head for the battlefield. She wanted to confirm whether the mage from the previous day was dead or not. It was eating the girl up inside, not having confirmation. Autumn was aware it could be dangerous, but she was well rested and ready to run if need be. Besides, the ground wasn’t sticky mud anymore.

Juju Juju

PH'LLOIGPH'LLOIGHPH'LLOIGH
FORLORN MEMORY

PURGED BY FIRE

Lilliana less awoke and more startled to life. Instinctually she took her bearings. She was in a crater, surrounded by a shroud of smoke- presumably from the impact of her arrival. She hopped dexterously off her back and onto her feet as the sounds of a scuffle reached her. She moved to the edge of the crater to take in the situation. Two humanoid figures, one large feline, and one monstrous walking tree. It was obvious who the aggressor in the situation was, and if she wanted help finding civilization, Lilliana would need living, cooperative people. As the colossus slammed the warrior into a nearby tree Lilliana sprung into action. She surged forward, her enchanted cloak enveloping her in a pattern of dozens of unblinking eyes as it flapped about her. She planned to conjure flame beneath the trees striking arm to force it back, but the brave girl ahead of her was set to get directly in the way to protect her friend. Lilliana didn't want to incinerate one of her first contacts after all. Lilliana changed directory, moving to the shortsword wielding elf. Deftly Lilliana grabbed the girl around the waist and pulled her aside, killing the elf's running momentum as Lilliana put out her free arm to cast her spell. Lilliana focused her mind, summoned forth a memory.

THE FOLLOWING IS OPTIONAL READING AND JUST FLAVOR TEXT.

TW: gore

"выброска десанта!" someone screamed out, voice barely penetrating the bombardment of gunfire and artillery. Lilliana swore under her breath and stood from her crouched position, turning from the frontline of the trench and making a mad sprint for the nearest concrete bunker. She ran just behind four of her comrades with the same idea. There was a slight whistling, then a sudden BANG as an airdropped pod slammed into the trench, taking out the comrades just ahead of her and sending Lilliana onto her back. The metal hatch on the pod swung open and out climbed the gargantuan ЧЕЛОВЕК-ТАНК, a horrifying marriage of metal and flesh, a machine with a barely living person strapped into it as a control center and fuel source. The patchwork monstrosity filled the whole trench, blocking off the escape of both Lilliana and dozens more of her comrades. Yells of panic joined the chaos of the battlefield as the ЧЕЛОВЕК-ТАНК revved up its powerful machinegun. "прекращение! прекращение!" Lilliana yelled as men began to clamber out of the trench to escape the horrible beast, favoring their chances exposed to the gunfire from the enemies entrenchments. Lilliana choked out a cry as one of her fellow men grabbed the ejected hatch door and swung it between himself and the beast, yelling at Lilliana to go for the cover. The young mage shoved herself up against the hatch, trying to stop her hands from shaking as she etched a symbol into her forehead with her blade. The ЧЕЛОВЕК-ТАНК turned its fire from Lilliana's exposed allies and onto her makeshift bunker, filling the space with the deafening noise of metal being fired violently into metal. Still Lilliana focused on the spell, finishing the mark and looking to the sky. A thin bead of red light shot through the smog above. Now all Lilliana needed was a sightline to cast the spell. She couldn't move though, with it firing round after round into her cover. She turned to the man hunkering beside her. Lilliana needed a distraction. She tried to scream it out to the man, but her words were drowned out by the ЧЕЛОВЕК-ТАНК's machinegun fire. He was trying to speak to her too, but she couldn't tell what he was saying. Before Lilliana could even comprehend what she was doing she had shoved him, pushed him out from behind the safety of cover. Lilliana had the distraction she needed, and the gunfire turned away from the cover and onto the now exposed man. Lilliana stepped out the opposite side, holding a hand out to the beast as she tried her best to forget her comrades face.

The temperature of the clearing jumped multiple degrees as a continuous column of highly pressurized red flame shot up into the tree beasts shoulder. The pressure of the flame would be enough to force the beast away from its vulnerable target, and though the proximity to the flame might singe the knight, he would ultimately be fine. Sounds of Lilliana's memory came with the flame, the crackling of gunfire, the cries of men, the haunting, metallic death cry of something not quite human. Lilliana held her comrade tight, a wave of relief flowing through her. She had them after all, saved them from both the beast and the flame. She hadn't-

Lilliana blinked and remembered herself. She glanced down at the figure in her arms, seeing the unfamiliar girl she had pulled away from running into Lilliana's flame. The relief vanished in an instant, and Lilliana felt a horrid gnawing in her stomach. She tried to swallow the feeling and shoved the girl away from her, toward her friend. "Help him up! I am backing you up, will keep bastard busy!" Lilliana barked at the girl, unsheathing her daggers and sprinting for the beast, her pillar of flame disappearing as she stopped casting her spell. She skirted around the side of the tree monster, orbiting just barely in its range to bait it towards her, while trying to move in close enough to mount ot should it try to stop to put out any lingering flames on its shoulder.

Mentions: Juju Juju

Last edited:
Han Liuyang

Strange. Even more mysteries, it seemed. The affairs of Gods were never simple, but this seemed a particularly choice drama. Han Liuyang emerges from his slumber refreshed, and yet full of questions- Questions however, that would have to wait. The Spirits and the Oracle were still wounded and recovering, after all, and even if he'd made a miraculous recovery, he imagined they would take a longer time yet. So what, then, to busy himself with while he waited?

Han defaults to one of his most favorite pasttimes. The refinement of the self.

He makes his way down to the training grounds, where the practice dummies were, where he might be able to exercise his skills properly. It'd been a long time since he fought as a mortal for any extended period of time- And he'd just received some strange manner of blessing from that Dream. He could feel it in his gut, warm and pulsing. He might as well see what he might have actually gained....

Lucille's words, her touch of her fingers and lips on Valleni's head, it all helped to start to slowly calm down the mage, her sobs and electric signals becoming less frantic with every reassurance. Then the blind woman the things she had been told and a spark of anger lit itself in Valleni's heart. There was an incredibly powerful urge to inflict vast amounts of pain on whoever, whatever, that had told Lucille those blasphemies. But that was for later, for now she'd simply take solace in their reunion.

Unfortunately the reunion was far to brief. No sooner than did Valleni recover enough of her composure to start paying attention to her surroundings were the two of them plunged into the watery darkness, with only a golden barrier between them and the multitude of eyes staring at them. Electricity starting to crawl over the mage's body as she narrowed her gaze, as if daring the entity or entities that owned the eyes to come after them.... but before anything happened and irresistible sleep claimed her.

She awoke with a gasp and experienced a moment's disorientation from waking up in a crater with sunlight beaming down upon her, scattered memories of her fall from the sky flickering through her mind for a second. Recovering quickly, the lightning savant scrambled to the ridge of the crater and took a quick glance around before experiencing a surge of panic from not seeing Lucille around. But then she felt the bond between the braclets the two of them wore, a sensation that helped to subdue her panic, and it pointed deeper into the forest. Valleni didn't even spare a glance for the trio of humanoids fighting the tree monster before she broke out into a sprint, intending on reaching Lucille's side as soon as possible even if it meant leaving those people to their deaths.

Unfortunately it wouldn't be long until the mage came across her first obstacle as a bird like creature landed on a branch of a tree before her, screeching in her direction. Not even bothering to slow down Valleni tossed a lightning bolt at it, the electric spell frying the thing's body and causing the corpse to topple to the ground. However the sounds of additional screeches further away told the dark-haired woman that the danger had not passed and that only redoubled her drive to get to Lucille before anything happened to her.

Juju Juju Firelie Firelie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back