• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Arranged Marriage

Nymphrodite J Wolff

Letzy slowly kneeled, adjusting her dress to remain 'modest' like her father was constantly reminding her to do despite him saying she was the "Perfect daughter" sentences before. He wasn't necessarily two-faced but more of a chameleon. Claiming that to survive one had to know what things to say and when, no matter if you agreed with them or not. It made no sense to her, why couldn't something as simple as picking roses be how people were. A simple this is how it is now let's move along. One key word, simple. Nothing was ever simple, always having more than one reason for a word or action. It was sad but she accepted it just as all the others. Well, it truth it made sense to her but she did her best to ignore it. She had to be when marriage would soon be something to worry about. Her childhood was flying by. Now it was which man could offer the best deal for her hand. Her family wasn't able to let her run loose. They weren't with the poor folk but neither were they able to walk around in exquisite attire every day for everything as some could.

Releasing a small sigh she gripped the nearest flower, careful of the thorns, as she bent to sniff it. Hardly noting the scent but instead watching the older man with the cane that was just on the other side. The 19 year old was supposed to be studying and if her father caught sight of her she would surely get a lashing since he was being especially harsh lately. She has a feeling that something was happening behind her back but she didn't know what.

Oliver Felton grimaced as he walked through the halls of Buckingham Palace. The Queen had called for him and he was obliged to obey. The Queen had now known for sometime what he was, even though the rest of the royal family did not. She had found out, quite by accident, a few years back and as a result and out of concern, Oliver and Her Majesty had gotten closer, They each considered the other a close friend and confidant. 

This meeting however, Oliver was dreading. He knew it had to do with the fact that he was nearing 30 and yet had not even looked for a wife. Her Majesty wanted him to produce and heir so that their families could continue working together. He entered the office and stood, bowing quickly to the woman who stood by the window.

"Sit down Oliver." Her stern voice floated over and Lord Felton, obeyed. "Now listen, no objections...I want you to attend the Ton tonight. I've set a meeting with a very good family. They have a daughter by the name of Letzy and I think she might be perfect for you...and your...furry little problem." She smirked at her joke, casting narrowed eyes at Oliver.

He sighed and nodded. "Of Course Vicky." And so it was set. He would marry this girl Letzy and on her shoulders...he'd let his glamour fall. 

Soon enough the older man had moved  on and she could straighten up. Rubbing her nose and sneezing lightly. She loved roses but they always made her irritated since she was allergic to them. Unaware of her father having turned to stop on the other side of the bush. "Letzy! What are you doing out here of all days?" He didn't sound as stern as he usually was, instead pity in his voice as she grew confused. What was today? Were people hiding something from her again? If they were some heads were going to roll as soon as someone told her. She was an adult and they had no right to hide things from her! For many moments she stared at her father, narrowing her green eyes at his own. "What do you think you are doing hiding things from me now?"

"You are to go with me tonight to a very special place but I can't tell you because I know you would object. Especially if you knew why." The older gentleman offers a smile, trying to keep hers on her face yet watching her twist away and stomp off down the path. Still wandering if she would ever act her age. Hoping that she would be caught by the few maids he had sent out earlier to be readied.

It didn't take long either, maybe half an hour before the eldest of the maids found her trying to slip into their home without being noticed. The other two girls quickly flocking to her when she began to rant about being forced into things and how she was not going to do anything but what she wanted. This continued even as they lead her up the stairs, bathed, dressed and did her hair. Joking between the three of them that they should add a muzzle so that she didn't ruin the night. When her father joined, dressed in his sharpest outfit and looking lively than ever he only joined the maids as she complained further. A stern 'Letxy' having to be used before she quieted down.

As Oliver walked around the large circular ballroom that housed the Ton, many mothers eagerly pushed their daughters forwards toward him. He did his best to avoid, claiming his intended would be here shortly. He joined a group of men near the balcony. He turned to his man servant. "Where is the girl Fredrick?" He asked quietly. 

"It seems that's her and her father coming through the door there my Lord." 

Oliver turned to look. His eyes widened. Well...She is a pretty little thing I suppose. He thought to himself. He pulled up a smile and started wading through all the dresses to get to the girl. 

Once in front of her, he gently takes Letzy's hand and brushed a kiss over her knuckles. "It's a pleasure to finally meet the woman I intend to Marry." He said smoothly, offering his arm for her to take. "Lord Oliver Felton, at your service."

She kept just as quiet as her father as they traveled, busy studying his expression in the window while he stared off into space. Sighing heavily as they arrived at a splendid place. Letzy  didn't know what would even describe it and wasn't about to bring it up. This was the reason that her father wouldn't tell her where they were going. Of all the things to drag her to, a Ton... If her father hadn't shot her a look she would have groaned but instead forced a smile, following a step behind the man. Something eating at her stomach that told her she wouldn't be happy with the outcome. 

Upon entering her father slowed significantly, his usual smile quickly returning as he shoved her forward with a hand to her back. "Chin up, shoulders back child." 

"What do you-" The redhead turned to meet a man stating that of marriage? Her eyes narrowed, barely having noted the man's formal way of greeting her while she glared to her father. Looking to the ground in embarrassment before taking his arm. "Letzy Myrtle. Erm-ah..." She grimaces, looking anywhere but the man. Tongue tied as her brain tried to sort out just how she was supposed to get out of this situation. 

As Oliver gently led her away before leaning over to speak quietly to her. "I see you are just as keen to marry as me. While we may not be able to...stop our impending nuptials...I want you to know, I will not force any...wifely duties on you. Anything you want, I'll make sure you get." He points out Fredrick. "That's our Butler. I had him ask the Maids to set up a bedchamber for you, next to mine yes, but we must keep up appearances at the very least." He said, hoping this would make the girl more comfortable. Good god, she's barely 18. He thought, his wolf side grinning as he tried to tamp it down. 

"Oh Ollie, she's quite the piece of-"

"Yes thank you Remy. We will not be discussing this." 

"Now lets please your father...If I may have this next dance, My Lady?" He asked, bowing and sweeping his hand toward her, a charming grin slipping effortlessly onto his face.

Letzy did her best not to grimace, shrinking into herself when her 'husband' -That was going to irritate her just thinking those two words together. Why did she have to be stuck with an upperclass 'I got it all' man? It wasn't something to complain about since she was bettering her families name but at the same time it made so little sense. Forcing herself to nod in agreement with him, looking for anything that would show her that Mr.Felton was playing her a fool.

As she listened she did her best to keep her head level but quickly opted to look to the ground instead him. Finding it hard to keep it from reddening or hiding the excitement bubbling up in her. If he was honest with his word then she could surely handle that life but there was still something about him that unsettled her. Kept her from believing him full heartedly. Following his hand to the one Fredrick. Hopefully she could spend just as much time with him just as much as she did with her father's. Maybe then she could judge her Fiancée without the embarrassment of asking or prodding.

Taking a deep breath as she spared a glance to her hopeful father before slipping her tiny hand into his. They would only be housemates in truth. Only playing the part that people could see. There was nothing to worry about.

On the day of his wedding, Oliver woke, feeling less than ecstatic. He groaned and rolled over, knowing he's have to put on a nice public face all day. His...furry problem decided to make itself known.

"You realize once she goes into heat, you'll have to mark her?"

"I don't like thinking about that and you know it. She'll be infected then."

"No she won't, you silly human. It's a mate Mark, not a bite." The wolf rolled his eyes.

Oliver chose not to respond and eventually Remy slunk away to sulk in the recess of his mind.

5 hours later, he stood at the altar, chatting quietly with the Father that was going to ordain the wedding. The Organ kicked up and Oliver stepped back and turned to see his bride.

Leyzy found it hard to wake the day of her wedding, pleading with not only those that had came to 'pretty her up' but her father himself when she refused to get up. Even if he had said that she could live without a worry of widely duties, was handsome, and had more money than their family had ever seen there was something that still unsettled her. Maybe the way he had looked at her the way he seemed to be inwardly fighting but whatever it was it wasn't good.

Taking one last look her father smiled brightly, moving to hug her though it seemed as if he thought her as frail as a porcelain doll. She loved the dress but at the same time despised what it meant. "We must go." Her father gripped her elbow, leading her to wait. Clearing his throat to get her to smile just before an organ started. It was too late to back out or- Despite her father's hold on her elbow and warning words she wouldn't budge. Quietly refusing to go any further and go home. It didn't matter that she could cause a show.

Oliver watched, eyes cold as father and daughter struggled to move down the aisle. He pasted a fake smile at the two before excusing himself to the minister. He swiftly walked down the aisle and bowing at Letzy's father, he bent at the knee, wrapped his arms around Letzy's knees and her voluminous skirts and threw her over his shoulder. Oliver smirked and Remy cheered. Then he moved back down the aisle and set his bride down in front of the minister. His left hand holding her right.

As he slid the ring onto her finger, its jems glinting, he finally spoke vows he has written, hoping to convey what he thought she might want.  "With this ring, I thee wed. I swear to support you and never force you. I swear to be your backing. I swear to love you and take care of you. You are mine, as I am yours." He spoke.

He closed his eyes briefly, resolving to speak to her about his afliction as soon as possible. 

Letzy was just about to say something before she noticed a figure moving towards the two of them. Paling when she realized just who it was, a smile plastered across his face as he approached. An angry father she could handle but Mr.Felton was an entirely another idea. She was stuttering an apology moving to take a step back when she was lifted from her feet, quickly finding herself staring at his back. "Pain." She mutters to herself, resting an elbow against his spine while she did her best to rest her cheek in her hand. Glaring at the floor as she haphazardly straightened her dress with her left hand, before focusing it on him. Words would have been more than enough to get her moving.

Rolling the ring around her free hand in a moment's hesitation before slipping it onto his finger. Her freedom was gone as soon as he caught sight of her, there was no way to hide. Besides running down the aisle and hoping to find somewhere to be. What was worse was that she hadn't written, or even thought, of her vows. What was she supposed to say to him after such kind words. "With this ring, I thee wed." Letzy stops, pursing her lips. "I may not have been happy about this but I will do my best to be a good wife. To watch over you and..." And she was going so good too. What else could she truly do? Ah, yes. "act as if I love you, I mean." Her hold on his hand tightens, fearfully looking up to the man. "I'll act it so good that I will believe it myself." Hopefully that would dig her out of her hole.

Oliver's lips quirked up at her vows and his green eyes twinkled down at her.

The Minister pronounced them husband and wife and Oliver sealed it by kissing the corner of her mouth, quickly. While he stayed close to her, he whispered. "I don't want to force you sweeting. You do whatever you want as long as you look like a doting wife in public." He pulled back and smiling, he walked her down the aisle.

At the reception, He stood in the front of the hall as a receiving line formed, various lords and ladies coming to congratulate the new couple. As there was a brief lull in the line, Oliver looked down at Letzy. "Before we go our separate way tonight... I'd like you to join me in my study...I have an important matter I must discuss with you." He said, ignoring his wolf as it prowled inside his mind.

The girl did her best to not pick at her nails when she had a free moment. Making her smile stay while internally bothered. By rights Litzy had no reason to complain and was taught just what her role was but still something was off about her husband. As sweet as he was the outer kindness seemed to be laid so thick over him in an attempt to smother something. What though? Had he done something elsewhere before settling down here. A glance up to him and that made her remember to shove it all aside. A doting wife in public and then they could keep to their separate areas. Hopefully, maybe she wouldn't be lucky enough to get that kind of time alone still. Oliver was rather understanding though, even if he set her on edge at moments.

She was about to try and slip off with the break of people, she desperately needed away from her husband and the way the lords and ladies were but thought better when she noted his green eyes were trained on her. Nodding slowly and she tried to stay indifferent. Shuffling back a step or two despite warning herself not to. "Of course, that is expected I do suppose." Letzy says indifferently, now wishing someone would approach them. how could she avoid it?

Once all had gone home, the new couple stood outside the venue, waiting for Fredrick to bring the carriage 'round. The man opened the door and Oliver held his hand out to help his young wife into the carriage, following after her. Within moments they were on their way.

Oliver sat across from Letzy, watching her intently. "Love...I'd like you to call me Oliver...if I may call you by your name." He added, a hand reaching to take hers, finger running over her rings. He sighed and sat back, now looking out the window. 

"I was young when it happened. When I got my...affliction. I had been playing in my mother's garden, hiding from the nanny as it began to get dark. I never even saw it coming. My father saved me, you know. Excellent marksman, he was." He started quietly, voice growing louder as he fell into his story.

Letzy stared out of the  small window, tired beyond what she believed possible. Having barely managed a 'thank you' when Oli-Mr.felton had helped her in. If she fell asleep on the ride home, wherever that was, the girl was sure that he wouldn't wake her, instead taking her to bed and that was exactly what she had planned. An innocent way of getting out of serious chatter. Wincing when he called her love she hid it behind a shiver, noting it wasn't as unnerving as 'sweeting'. The way he had said it-eep!  "When out in public you may, otherwise just call me Myrtle. Alright, Felton?" Stressing his name though she didn't pull her hand away. It was comforting despite what she was trying to tell herself, worrying her lip when he began to speak.

Wasn't he supposed to wait until they got home? Why was he going on about a-an affliction now? It annoyed her but she pretended to listen, nodding her head softly but finding nothing to say. Too busy trying to decide just how to get out of it without being rude. Fake it till it is who you are. Now she understood why so many people said that.

Oliver sighed, sitting back in his seat and dropping his wife's hand. "Le- Myrtle...once a month, at night, I lock myself in a fortified room in the cellar. That is more for your protection than mine. When I was young...I was bitten. Bitten by a creature that was neither man, nor wolf. He was a mix of the two. He passed that gene onto me, unknowingly. So, Once a month, I transform. "Myrtle, you must swear, no one can know of this, aside from her Majesty the Queen, and you must swear not to go into the cellar on the nights I am there. Do you understand?" He said, his voice sharp. 

Even though this marriage wasn't something he had wanted, he couldn't help but want to protect the girl n front of him. The marriage had triggered a bond in him. A familial bond that Remy was aware of. Oliver however, wanted to ignore it for as long as possible.

She was married to a madman. Going on about wolves, and humans, being bit. And being something other than human. Was this some type of prank he was trying to pull on her?

No. Letzy answered herself, feeling her stomach clench and surely show green on her face. "Whatever you say Felton." Her voice came out harsh instead of the gentle way she had aimed for, looking to him with disgust before back out the tiny window. "Once a month I will avoid the cellar just to make you happy since I am your wife." Her voice carried more disbelief, shaking her head and sighing. "I have no reason to tell." Her husband being a madman was something she didn't need getting out. No matter how serious he sounded their was surely somehing wrong with him to make him believe it. What would make him believe so. As much as she resisted the notion part of her did note not to go into the cellar just in case he really would do something. That he was indeed dangerous.

Oliver grit his teeth and turned away, knowing she would have to see for herself before she believed. 

Upon reaching the Felton Manor in Kensington, Oliver didn't wait for his wife, instantly disappearing inside after hurried and whispered instructions to Frederick. 

Frederick helped Letzy down from the carriage and motioned a maid to come over to help Letzy find her room.

"Lady Felton, my name is Marcy...I'll be your personal maid." The red-head said, dipping into a curtsy in-front of the girl. She raised her sparkling green eyes to her new mistress before they grew concerned and turned to Fredrick who simply nodded at the maid before carrying the new Lady's things inside.

Marcy led the way, knowing Letzy would follow. "Your bed chamber is next to Lord Felton's, connected by a door." She smiled encouragingly at the young bride.

She didn't have to wait for him to storm out of the carriage to know she had upset him. Letzy thought about talking to him to try and fix this as well but decided against it. Having tucked herself away in a corner until he was gone. She soghed, twisting the new ring on her finger before standing. Staring at the ground and remaining silent. Gritting her teeth upon being called Lady Felton but forcing a smile. "A pleasure to meet you March. I am sure you won't have much to worry about." Her voice was hollow, dropping her hands to her side.

Not even a day in and she had upset him. If he wasn’t...normal did that mean she would end up hidden somewhere. It would have been nice to have known more than the most basic of things. How old was he anyways? No old man but it doesn't matter. The girl followed, keeping her head down, dragging her feet. Flashing a smile when Marco looked back though her eyes would shine with horror. "I was already aware of that but is there some place, anywhere else, that I could rest?" She kept her voice low, looking about for her new husband. Not wanting to offend him further since he was right. She would simply have to see.

Marcy bit her lip. "Well...Milday, all the other rooms are storage at this point...and I've already started the fire and turned down the bed..." She wrung her hands. "I'm sorry but no." The girl jumped as their was a crash from downstairs, near Oliver's study.

Oliver stepped out from his bedroom, face thunderous. "Fredrick! I thought I told you that...the dog was to be kept outside!" He yelled, even as a sweet brown puppy with big floppy years came bounding up the stairs, stopping and sniffing happily at Oliver before bounding over to Letzy.

Oliver turned to Letzy. "I apologize, wife. I was unsure if you liked dog and I had bought one as a wedding present for you." He gestured to the dog. "You may do as you please with her. she is purebred...i bid you goodnight." Then with a tight smile, he made to go back into his room, pausing at the doorway.

Letzy went to apologize for her mistake, noting just how conceited her request had been, but was cut short by a loud thud. Jumping into the air along with the maid. Flinching moments later at a man's loud voice before finally, albeit slowly, began to settle. A hand pressed over her heart while she took a deep breath to cam herself. Bending to hold a hand out to the puppy as it approached, trying to ignore the frightening man. "I-thank you Mr.F Oliver." she called, patting it's head and standing. "My dad always kept me away from his, Didn't want me smelling like one was his excuse." Her voice grew quitter, brows furrowed by the end but only shaking her head. It was a tad bit strange he knew it was the dog, since she didn't believe in luck, but at the same time. Everything seemed rather orderly.

Once he was gone letzy sighed, looking to the maid. "Do not worry about there being anywhere else, I should have known that was the only available place."

Marcy smiled shyly and opened the door to the bed chamber.

In the morning, Marcy knocked on Letzy's door, fairly early. "Mistress? Master Felton requests your presence for breakfast..." She called softly, coming into the room.

Downstairs, Oliver sat in the morning room, a cup of tea and a bowl of fruit in front of him as he read the morning paper. The side-bar in the room held a warmer for eggs, bacon, and then a serving bowl of fruit salad. A full tea service was in the middle of the table, the teapot under its tea cozy. The puppy from the night before lay napping in a sunbeam that fell across the light wood paneling. The sun came into the bright yellow room through enormous glass french doors that took up the back wall of the room. 

Despite knowing better she had let herself sleep on without a worry. Or try to. Before she could fall into the blackness of sleep she heard Marcy calling through the door about Mr.Felton. She had hoped it had only been a dream that seemed all too real but that wiped away any last shreds of hope. She was a married woman and that was all there was to it. Letzy sat up, too tired mentally and physically to stretch. "Give me a moment and I will be down." Hiding a yawn she rolled out of the bid to at least make herself look presentable.

As much as she hated to admit it, Letzy was astounded by the size of his home. Maybe he was even higher up the hierarchy than she could guess, hopefully that wouldn't come with a need to do anything specifically. As she stopped in the door way, thanking Marcy for directions all though she had strayed, the girl surveyed the room. That had been the entire reason she had gone on her own though. To waste time. And now she took a quick glance about and, without saying a word to him, trudged over to where the puppy lay. her stiff walk and weary eyes giving up that she had tried to sneak in more sleep, using the wall to support herself as she kneeled to pat it's head. :You are a good puppy aren't you?"

Oliver cleared his throat. "Madame Felton, if you would please eat something, we have much to do today. I need you on your best." He said, briskly pouring another cup of tea for himself. 

Frederick strode in with the days mail. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back