• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Arranged Marriage ((1x1))

Thanks thanks. :)

Lacy was dressed in a simple black laced dress, with an asymmetric white high waste dress. It hugged her curves quite nicely. The world was still sound asleep. She liked the calmness in the morning, it helped break away from the rushed feeling that swept the nation. The sun wasn't going to rise for possibly another hour. She had taken off her heels once she reached the boardwalk. She liked the water still clinging to the boardwalk sticking to the soles of her feet. It felt nice considering later today it would be humid and hot. Her gaze fell to the boat that still remained there. It took away her breath before she took the step onto the boat. It felt morally wrong to be on this boat without permission. Yet, she felt drawn that he would be here. Not waiting for her. But..here.

Lacy took in a deep shaky breath before she tip-toed across the deck, heart hammering louder then ever. What if he got angry at her? What if yelled at her? Why did she fear that? Lacy stopped walking and turned. Terrible idea Lacy tip-toed back across the deck.

Jason had woken up absurdly early today for no reason at all. He wanted to go back to the docks, the view always calmed him. He had gone below deck for a few minutes when he heard light footsteps on the upper deck. They were so light he barely noticed them at all. He rushed upstairs and was greeted by the wind in his hair and the sight of who he assumed was Lacy.

"Lacy?" he questioned.

She looked pretty in her dress. Today, he wasn't fancy at all. He wore casual jeans, converse and a hoodie, and felt a little too casual compared to her gorgeous dress. Or maybe it was the person that it was on that made it seem beautiful.

Lacy had stopped, turned and smiled lightly. "Hi," She pushed a strand behind her ear. "Am...am I disturbing you?" She eyed him carefully, looking at how casual he was dressed. It seemed comfy and warm.

He shook his head, placing his hands in his pockets.

"No, no, not at all. Don't worry about it," he said, smiling at her warmly. "I was just up here because I woke up absurdly early. Needed someplace to think."

Jason shook his head.

"No, don't worry about them. They're back at home, almost definitely asleep," he told her and yawned, still groggy from waking up so much earlier than usual.

Lacy tried to listen to his words but they were definitely hard to grasp. She was worrying already but this was more deeper then she expected. "Same with my parents, they are not exactly thrilled anymore." She laughed softly.

"Yeah, about that... I had no idea they were going to do that. If I did, I wouldn't have let them. I was planning on trying to convince them to allow you to have a choice in the matter later today," he replied.

That didn't mean he thought the arranged marriage was a bad idea, no. He just didn't think it was right to force anybody into something like this.

Lacy looked away briefly, not able to trust that. She smiled gently,"Even if you did, I don't have a choice...which...this is what I want to talk to you about."

Jason nodded softly, and replied, "Then talk away, I'm listening."

he could tell from her breaking eye contact that she didn't believe him. It's not like he had any proof though, so he let her continue on with what she wanted to speak about.

Lacy bit her lip, hesitant. She smiled it away then looked at him. "I don't have a choice in this. But I do have on choice on..how this will begin. I want it to start like how relationships start,I want the dinner dates and the walk in the park dates. although this is forced and we may have to learn to love each other...I want something real," she didn't realize she had taken a step closer to him. She looked at him.

"I agree. We're in this now, might as well make it better then some crappy get married and then know each other situation. I like it," Jason said.

He wanted that too. The awkward dinner dates and the fun walk in the park dates that get them rained on but they laugh it off. He wanted to go out on a Saturday and spend a date at the coffee shop reading all till noon. He wanted the stay at home movie nights with pizza and popcorn, so naturally he smiled a bit wider.

Lacy nodded appreciatively,"I am really happy that you feel the same way." She paused,"How about we go to that place you were going to take me yesterday?" She smiled.

"Sure. Would you like to drive?" he said with a smile.

He motioned to the wheel as he talked. She was a pretty good driver and with more practice she could get better.

Lacy tilted her head to the side, staring at him a second longer then she should have, before she nodded with a wide grin. "Yeah, I would love too actually." She went to the wheel, lightly pressing her fingertips around the wheel. When the boat clunked during the start of leaving port, Lacy glanced at him. "So, tell me. What's this place? And why there?"

"Well, it's actually an island. It's a decent size and really, all my family's. It's been passed down through wills for a long time. We basically have a pretty nice house there. Yesterday we had planned to take a picnic there, the food is still in the fridge... And why not there? It's beautiful there," he said, smiling at her.

A picnic would be nice to have, the food was still there, after all.

"Not really. Maybe twice a month, probably," he said, watching the sea. "The picnic stuff is still here, if you want we can do that."

"Let's do it," Lacy smiled gently. She turned around, brushing past him easily and smirked when she had passed him.

Jonas smiled and said,"Hey, wait for me."

He followed her as she turned around and walked by her side.

Lacy's cheeks were now warm. It was a simple gesture that she's never been use too. She walked inside the small room that held so much food, Lacy looked at him with a wide grin. "Was this meant for the family..lunch?

Jason laughed a little bit.

"Well, yeah. We always have more food than needed lying around for mealtimes," he said and shrugged.

Lacy nodded timidly before looking down then at him. "What if we aren't good together?" She paused,"We no longer even have the option to...to divorce." She looked at her hands.

"I'll convince my parents to let you have free will on this all. Remind them of a few favors they owe me, argue, and the like. If we didn't work out it wouldn't be fair to you or me to not have the choice to opt out of it," he said. "Don't worry, I'll wear them down soon enough."

He wouldn't feel right if she was forced into the marriage and they couldn't divorce if they didn't work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back